My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grivous » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Well, then let's put some references in it.

What do your elf eyes see? (Warning: Spoilers)

Grivous.
Last edited by Grivous on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grivous

Postby Grieffon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Uh Grivous? That one was a rather heavy spoiler, so I think it's best you link it and put a spoiler warning.

... Since I already saw it I would say this: That scene reminds me of the Samurai Jack episode where the enslaved dogs used the crystals as weapons to free themselves.

Postby Dibullba » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 am

Postby Grivous » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 am

@Grieffon: Well, if you had already seen that pic, then it isn't a spoiler. :P
And it wasn't that heavy! The synopsis of the 5th episode is.
But I will put in a link then.

Oh, I remember that episode. It was one of most badass episode ever in that cartoon.

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Grieffon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:27 am

... I really hate having accidentally seen the 5th episode synopsis. Those who haven't seen it, don't look it up. Season 3 episodes' titles and synopsis contain much heavier spoilers comparing to the previous seasons.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 pm

ATTENTION!

Since the new season is right around the corner, I think that it's time to decide on a spoiler policy. Instead of me just pushing a rule, I'd like to hear a discussion from everyone on what they consider the best course of action. I'll be enforcing this policy with immediate warnings once season 3 starts so be aware of that when making considerations.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Grieffon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

All images and videos containing not-yet-aired materials should be linked with spoiler warning. All information, including episode title and synopsis, should be either linked with spoiler warning or put in spoiler tags. This should be applied until the specific episode has been aired for 1 day.

However, I think there should be a few exceptions. Perhaps mentioning what character will appear shouldn't be considered spoiler, for example, Trixie returning. Crystal ponies can be spoiler-safe as well, because knowing the existence of a different kind of pony doesn't really ruin the enjoyment of the episode. However, seeing them    getting enslaved    should be spoiler.

Postby Hiroko » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:49 pm

I think I agree with Grieffon for the most part, though I think maybe the spoiler tagging should last a bit longer than a day. Perhaps extend it to the whole weekend (two days, in other words), to give people time to actually view the episode, should they, for whatever reason, not be able to find time to view it the day it airs?

I think returns of fan-favorite ponies that haven't been seen in a long while (like the Trixie example) would still be considered as spoilerific for some people, though.
The Sentimental One

Postby Kawauso » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 pm

I have to agree with Hiroko here.

Anyways, have some musics:

Dashie Mine
Millennia

Postby Biostar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm

-2 day spoilers for the episode (the youtube link is usually up by then)
-Spoiling of unaired screencaps, videos, and episode information until they're aired

After that I thnk you'll just have to practice common sense to not go blundering into the thread before seeing the ep.

Postby Grieffon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 pm

The episodes should be up within 5 hours after airing, but 2 days should be good.

Oh yeah, season 4 is confirmed (sort of)

Also I feel like posting this for the election:

Postby Dibullba » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:41 am

Postby Maru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Uhm, hey guys..

Sooo... Season 3, eh? I'm very excited. Y'know EQD has a freakin' timer for it? I mean, go figure, but idk..

Uhm, funny thing. I started writing this..is it grimdark? Okay, a grimdark rap to GunCakes, in, like, a teen Pound Cake's perspective... Want me to post the first verse? o.o
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Marquis de Soth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Spoiler anything is overtly grimdark, thanks.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Marquis de Soth » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

ATTENTION

Alrighty, since the first episode is tomorrow, I'm going enforce a no spoiler policy in this thread. I've looked over the suggestions and I've decided that no open spoilers until 2 days (the entire weekend) has passed. This includes no pictures as well. Any picture/screenshot needs to be in link form and be clearly tagged as a spoiler. If an old character from the previous 2 seasons is returning, let's not mention it until the Sunday after the episode airs. That'll give anyone who hasn't found out by general osmosis from the internet time to watch the episode. Otherwise, just be smart about spoilers and try to keep the pages from looking like a FBI report on the Kennedy assassination with the spoiler bars.

I will be enforcing this with automatic profile warnings.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Maru » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:07 pm

M'kay. I dunno if it's really bad, though..

Piece of Cake
Everypony 'round musta flipped their lid
I just turned a corner, they ran and hid
Gums be Gabby, tellin these fibs
Tellin ponies 'Don't leave Pinkie with the kids!'
Course I got pissed, they got met with a fist
They deserve it, talkin bout me an' my sis
Rest of the day, I'm    bitter as piss   
   Don't ask how I know   , just take it as a gist
Back to the basement, up in the girders
   Cookin up corpses like frankfurters   
Pinkamena taught us the art of the murder
Course, what Mom doesn't know won't hurt her
Killin off ponies whose names be listed
Wait up, sister needs some assistance
   Thought so, Pumpkin Cake needs fistin'   
Who'da thought baby would grow up twisted
Flash this track back to second grade
To the best cupcakes I ever made
So good family played and swayed
Shame Mr. Cake wasn't in that day
He woulda just loved that taste in his mouth
   But he saw me gouging Lyra's eyes out
So when Pinkie saw the two of them dead   

She looked to me and smiled and said

[GunCakes Chorus]

Yeah, I dunno...
Last edited by Maru on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:41 am

So when does it air on the west coast today? I saw 7 am, but just checking.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

It's airing at 9am central time here so I would assume that it should be 7am on the west coast with the 2 hour timezone difference.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Maru » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:04 am

And for us in the Southern area, its on at 10am.
My DA
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:24 pm

Image Here is the link to the premiere on Youtube. Image

Without commercials

It's at 70% processing right now so keep checking in every few minutes if it isn't ready yet.
Marquis de Soth

Postby J-Dude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Woo!

Wow, I was only expecting one of the two parts to air today, not both of them. Sweet, no week-long suspense!

Gotta say, Sombra isn't exactly the best villain we've had. He barely has any lines of any sort and really lacks any manner of personality. He's just an encroaching enigma, and really nothing beyond that. Afraid to say, but Sombra is the least interesting or engaging villain in FIM to date. If there are any fanfics in the future that do more than reference him, I'll be surprised. In fact, I'd be surprised if the Crystal Empire and the ponies therein get much more than lip-service in future fanfiction. There's really just not that much to capture the imagination, or to leave one demanding more information about. I get the feeling this was a Hasbro mandate, and little else.

Still, we got some funny stuff. It's always great to see the Mane 6 doing their respective things. Obviously Twilight got the most development here, showing us her awesome gravity spell! Yeesh, she's turning into an arcane Swiss Army knife.

Oh oh, and Self-Levitating Twilight! Fucking CALLED IT!

Though for all I harped about Sombra, I'll admit he got the most graphic sendoff of any villain yet. Getting shattered into pieces and blown into freaking oblivion. It's the first time after a villain's defeat that I have to ask, "Whoa, is he DEAD?"

So yeah, not awful, but not the best we've had by any means. Here's hoping to future episodes. That Trixie one already has the air of being legendary :-)   
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Biostar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:19 pm

I thought it was a decent premiere. The villain leaves a lot to be desired, but when you accept him as just a plot device, and stop comparing him to Discord, I can get over it. Though this leaves me to wonder if he's truly gone despite exploding. Some people have already come up with a theory to how it can be involved in a planned episode(spoilers). Only time will tell.

The real focus was on Twilight and this whole "destiny" theme they seem to be going with. Am I the only one who thinks Twilight's casual use of dark magic is going to come up eventually? The implications...   

Considering the previews during the premiere...   WERE THOSE REAL HORSES?   

Postby J-Dude » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Biostar wrote:   I thought it was a decent premiere. The villain leaves a lot to be desired, but when you accept him as just a plot device, and stop comparing him to Discord, I can get over it. Though this leaves me to wonder if he's truly gone despite exploding. Some people have already come up with a theory to how it can be involved in a planned episode(spoilers). Only time will tell.

The real focus was on Twilight and this whole "destiny" theme they seem to be going with. Am I the only one who thinks Twilight's casual use of dark magic is going to come up eventually? The implications...   

Considering the previews during the premiere...   WERE THOSE REAL HORSES?   

Hmm. Well, having an actual recurring villain would certainly be a first. It would explain exactly HOW Trixie could even do whatever she does to Ponyville in the first place. And it would leave room for character development we didn't get.

And I certainly HOPE those aren't horses, because otherwise my concept of MLP scale is a bit fucked. It would also mean ponies have pretty enormous heads.

Eh... I just have to keep reminding myself that my fic is divorced from Season 3 events as an alternate timeline, but even THAT only does so much. Glad to see Shining Armor (excuse me, PRINCE Shining Armor...) and Cadance don't have expanded roles anyway.   
Last edited by J-Dude on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby True Order » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:55 pm

All righty then. Now is the time for my take on all this.

Here are two big ole spoiler censorized paragraphs from my tumblr.

Those who have seen this episode may be aware of this possibility already. I think this episode, apart from being highly entertaining, was a giant metaphor! We are the crystal ponies, the mane 6 are Hasbro and the Crystal Heart was Season 3! We were slightly or in some cases substantially losing hope during this eternal wait for the premiere of season that Hasbro had been denying us because they had yet to “find” it per say. The evil guy and the darkness were representing the many negativities of reality that were surrounding us and growing stronger as we tried to go about our lives with the same positivism as before. Upon finally seeing the season 3 premiere we, or at least I, have been reinvigorated with the happiness and positivity that our, or at least my, life had been somewhat lacking recently.   

So as we know since Twilight has passed the test she will now move unto a higher level of studies.

Yes? Yes.

Please note that at the final few minutes or possibly even seconds of the second episode of this premiere, as the Sacred Sisters were standing on a balcony watching the mane 6 head for home. Luna conjured a book, this book of a dark pallete and bore Luna’s symbol upon it.

What does this mean?! We don’t know.

But what it could mean is that LUNA will become Twilight’s new mentor!

HAHA! Didn’t expect that now did ya?!

It’s certainly a possibility and an awesome one at that.

Don’t be so quick to through out this possibility, think on it. INTENSELY.   

So there's that.

I bid you adieu bronies of Snafu.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Biostar » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Where has that symbol showed up before? When I saw it I was thinking:

"Swirls and stars? Stars and swirls..."

"Starswirl the Bearded?"

But that's just me.   

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)