Snafu betting parlor: Most Likable Mod

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Q.U. » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Marquis de Soth wrote:
NeoWarrior7 wrote:I'm still not sure how Soulchild has 2.3 trillion internets. I thought that was more than the entire Snafu economy.
I call hax.


   Credit   

   Leverage   
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby BeeAre » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

   butts   
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5559
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Millo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:20 pm

BeeAre wrote:If it makes you feel any better Millo I'll post-op validate your internet values at a fixed 150 with a 3.2% quarter-annual interest stipulation.

Surely at some point on a logarithmic scale holding onto your internets you'll become wealthier.

But....won't that leave me with a bad credit and debt?
Begone Dirty Whores!
QU:You look sad and frightened.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Millo wrote:But....won't that leave me with a bad credit and debt?
Welcome to the United States.
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby BeeAre » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm

All paper and coin money is debt issued by the federal government to facilitate the exchange of goods without the need for direct bartering of resources or services.

Debt is a resource. Your bad credit is up to you, bud.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5559
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Millo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Damn, well at least i'll get that 20 Internets for that South Park episode Bet I made
Begone Dirty Whores!
QU:You look sad and frightened.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Valhallen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Updates:

Tonight's South Park episode does not feature Romney. He has no speaking role, and he does not appear as a character. A display including Romney's image did appear, but that wasn't Romney himself.

Obama's fly was zipped at his victory speech.

More blacks voted for Obama while more whites voted for Romney.

Proposition 30 passed, but Proposition 37 did not.

Outstanding bets (6 days and a few hours left):

There will be riots.

Romney will win Florida because of disenfranchisement. (Seriously, get your act together, Florida.)

Democrats will find at least three caches of 5000+ ballots.

Check here to see updated totals.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am
Location: The Rotunda of Seclusion
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 pm

You can call that bet a loss for me. Even if anyone had been planning that sort of thing (a big if; I get that), it wouldn't make a difference, and it would have been a very risky move anyway.
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:28 am

By the way, just thought you guys might want to know...

As a result of Obama being re-elected, and due to the economic instability caused by the idea that Obama will pass a massive tax hike, quite a few businesses are either closing down or laying off employees.

I was optimistic that Romney would have won, since we all knew this would happen if he lost. And if you didn't see this coming, then you simply haven't been paying attention.
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 am

Maybe a link to a site that isn't owned by someone like Glenn Beck would help your point, no?
Marquis de Soth

offline
 

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:31 pm

No, I think the link I posted is quite factually reliable. Are you're implying that the website is lying in some way?
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm

i am resting my balls on the desk
Image
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11143
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

[Drops an anvil on the desk]
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:43 pm

see that didn't really happen

but my balls are really on this desk
Image
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11143
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Grey » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

this is an empirical fact
Image
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 11143
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:08 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Marquis de Soth wrote:Maybe a link to a site that isn't owned by someone like Glenn Beck would help your point, no?

That isn't a problem. If we want to get that nit-picky, then we might as well throw out all of the MSNBC stuff as well. Glen does do his research on things.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18467
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:52 pm

^
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby DaCrum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Not really. Glenn doesn't HAVE to do research because he's not a news person. He's entertainment. To a certain extent, moreso than Beck, MSNBC is considered news. Do I watch either? No. Because even though I'm leftist like a motherfucker, I don't like bias in my news media.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: τ Ceti
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm gonna call bullshit on half of that list being related to Obama. Research in Motion has been in trouble for a long time and they're canadian, Providence Journal is a newspaper those have been dying for the past decade, Hawker is coming out of bankruptcy, Rocketdyne was going to happen either way because of the changes in NASA funding, Center for Hospice is going through a renovation and has to lay off surplus staff, OCE was acquired by Canon and consolidation is a long time coming, the mine is being closed because natural gas has undercut coal, US Cellular is ditching a market that they probably aren't making much money on, Exide closed the plant because demand for lead is decreasing.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8968
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby DaCrum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Lol. RIM is on that list? Anyone who's read anything on cellphone businesses within the past couple years could've seen that coming.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: τ Ceti
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 pm

RIM cuts a few hundred jobs every few months.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8968
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby DaCrum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Energizer- Downsizing due to influence of lithium-ion batteries on the market.

Exide- Already covered by Whatis

Westinghouse- Closing down the Anniston chemical weapons incinerator because they finished burning all the chemical weapons they were required to burn in Sept. 2011 and since have been going through a slow closure process.

RIM- Already covered.

Lightyear Network Solutions- This is due to what they've called "challenging business conditions, especially in Appalachia".

Providence Journal has already been covered.

Hawker Beechcraft- Those closings and layoffs are part of a consolidation process so that after their bankruptcy they can be a standalone company.

Boeing- Although this is one of the more likely ones you can blame on governmental policies, Boeing has claimed that the cuts they are doing are not due to defense spending cuts, but are steps in a long term effort to be more competitive.

I think I've made my point. Despite what these people are trying to imply, this is literally just business as usual. We can't go and blame every single shit thing that happens in our country on politicians.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: τ Ceti
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm

DaCrum wrote:Not really. Glenn doesn't HAVE to do research because he's not a news person. He's entertainment. To a certain extent, moreso than Beck, MSNBC is considered news.
Well to be fair that article wasn't written by Beck, it was written by a journalist named Mike Opelka. If you want to call his credentials into question, feel free to make a case.

In regard to MSNBC, people blasted FoxNews for having Glenn Beck on their network and airing the Fox And Friends segment in the morning, saying they were moving away from being a source of news to an entertainment source; however, no one says the same thing about MSNBC for having decidedly one-sided round-table discussions with Bill Maher, or Rachel Maddow incessantly bashing Republicans for a half hour, or their Morning Joe segments, or the fact that they consistently read/cite editorials and blogs during their news segments.

In my eyes, that's what one calls a "clear bias." (Not talking about the networks)

DaCrum wrote:I think I've made my point. Despite what these people are trying to imply, this is literally just business as usual. We can't go and blame every single shit thing that happens in our country on politicians.
It's a series in a growing trend. Surely you can't think that every single one of these companies is going to suddenly announce their plans right after the election out of pure coincidence?
Image
A little bit Ruff around the edges
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:39 am
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby DaCrum » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Yes. I can. Because if it were in fact governmental policy that influenced their closures, then they would be very vocal about REVERSING that policy. And they just aren't.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: τ Ceti
Gender: Male

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Election 2012

Postby Q.U. » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Both MSNBC and Fox are worth each other.


When I want real news I watch the Daily show. Because in America the news stations make poor attempts at entertainment while ignoring news, while the entertainment stations do an actually entertaining cut on real news.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3177
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests