My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:15 am

Speaking of, have some Steampunk Octavia.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:05 pm

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I am just uber jelly, Grieffon... how did you hear of Lauren and Tara being at this fundraiser?

Same as everything else, EqD.

Here's some music with Octavia's name
Octavia's Challenge
Octavia and Lyra ~ Tugging at the Heartstrings
Octavia's Descent Into Madness

And some manga

Postby Grivous » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:08 pm

I am not kinda fan of Steampunk style but...

This manga...

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Mockingjay » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/36337/3 ... the-Future.

Lol, remember my fanfictions, I still write them. . .don't know why, no one really pays attention, also. . .

Some Defy Men, I Defy Gods

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:13 am

Many many ponies was funny here and there.

But here and here are where I wish we had a Japanese native to explain the joke to me. It's obviously a word pronunciation joke, but it doesn't translate well...
An Optimist

Postby True Order » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 am

@Mockingjay:

I run into the same problem broseph. But never let it hurt you. The phonies uncaring can do whatever the hells they want. Their opinions don't really matter if they don't give a shit anyway.

Me? Well I guess you could label me as an unfocused supporter. I (almost) have all the tech to do audio readings, I was thinking about focusing on the underrated gems of the fandom. Were I to judge the page/story you linked to based solely on the first paragraph I'd say your writing style is pretty damn good. The hook was good and the only reason I did not read on is because I have crap I need to do in this short time slot between classes. I wish I had the kind of drive you have to write so efficiently. I have a plethora of ideas but have yet to find a way to properly represent them in an artistic manner.

Speaking of which I assume you made that picture?

It's nice, an great improvement from the last one you posted. The curves are smooth and the lighting effect is very clear but does not distract one from the rest of the picture. Well done.

And good luck in your future endeavors.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mockingjay » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks True, also, great Avatar btw. . .Kammy/Magikoopa I'm guessing. . .either way it looks great. . .and I've still got a ways to go with mine, I kinda BS'd that turntable. . .had too to be honest lol.

Postby Grieffon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:14 am

Sorry Jay, with so many fics posted everyday on FIMfic it's hard to get attention without EqD. Seriously, anything posted on EqD will have their views shot up immediately by thousands.

Tomorrow is Halloween/Nightmare Night and boy, do I have things to post.

For now, have a comic.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 am

Oh my god, that guy. This HarryTruman artist is just... wow. I'm really getting into his sense of humor.
An Optimist

Postby Mockingjay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:26 am

I can't stand EqD to be honest with you, I'd heard so many bad things about their submission process, then decided I wanted to try and get that story submitted and saw first hand what all the negative energy was about. . .

Postby goggy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:11 am

I heard from a friend the submission process has got a lot stricter in recent months.
Nacho Queen

Postby True Order » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm

How much stricter are we talking, exactly?

Oh and here's this.

SierraEx loves to draw Spitfire and he's good at it so why not?

"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby goggy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 pm

My friend submitted his fic a few months after mine and got ripped apart by the pre-readers. I'm an averagely skilled writer and when I submitted the first chapter of my fic, I was told to edit one tiny thing if I wanted to and was accepted on the first submission. His fic was shredded apart at least twice, even after heavy editing. This was a while ago so I don't know if it's got even stricter or more lenient.
Nacho Queen

Postby Grivous » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Happy Halloween, everybody!

Or should I say...

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Biostar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Kidnap the Lauren Faust!

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:48 am

"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mockingjay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Might as well get into the spirit right. . .just a request I worked on for Halloween, my character dressed as Sweeney Todd, and my friends dressed as Beetlejuice. . .enjoy I guess. . .

Also, apparently mine couldn't even get to the pre-readers for EQD, and I've had like, five people helping me edit it. . .

Postby Grieffon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am

You seem really depressed about it Jay. Don't worry too much about it, just keep writing and eventually you will get proper attention.

Luna is the best foalsitter

Postby Miss Haru » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

@soulchild
omg i love ncis, seriously

i would pay to see her in a Wonderbolt show lol

Derpy has something for you, if you want it...
Mindless Self Indulgence // Tumblr // DeviantArt (hiatus)
Is Not Currently Available

Postby Grieffon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Fillies! Click for full.

Image Image Image Image Image

Also, I'm going to Equestria LA tomorrow. Can't wait for it.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 am

Hello everyone, sorry I've been gone for awhile, I've had troubles.
Any ways here's some bomb-ass art from some of my fellow artists on Deviantart:
This is awesome as all awesome: http://niban-destikim.deviantart.com/ar ... -320841313
Another reason Vinyl is cool: http://seaandsunshine.deviantart.com/ar ... -335248191
Dash looks pretty here: http://kysss90.deviantart.com/art/Vecto ... -335197430
Yes, this last one is an OC but its still cool as shit: http://cryzeu.deviantart.com/art/Scarle ... -335144587

I see that EQD being jerks is the topic at hand here (again) so I guess I'll add my two cents if no one minds. I have tried to submit art to them before and to be honest I have no idea if they accepted any of it, I rarely visit the site and I mostly go there to get fast links to the newest episodes of the series.
According to a lot of people on the internet EQD have all turned into a bunch of evil ass-holes who will only tell you how much you suck if you even dare try to submit anything less than total blinding perfection to them.
As for my opinion, well, I don't hold any grudges and for now I'm sorta fine with the attention my art has already received. I think my pony rants have gathered a decent number of views on their own, sure I'd like to get some extra views and watchers, but only if I deserve them.
Some people have said that EQD only cares about your stuff if you're popular enough, and admitably I can see where they're coming from. They bend the "No gore no exceptions" rule for Hotdiggitydemon's animations, sure they look good and I found some of the gags funny, but it does make them look like hypocrites.
Anyways they do seem to be alienation at least some portion of the fandom and they have become frustrated. EQD has become a very different place than it was when are fandom was just getting started, sure Fluffershy is funny as hell, but I seriously doubt it would have been able to be submitted to EQD these days. Some people do tend to complain about how Trixie is all over the place, but I got to admit if I was in charge of a pony blog you'd see a lot more Rainbow Dash and Venomshy and I'd probably give the guy or girl who though the Venomshy concept up a medal for great sevices to the fandom because of how awesome an idea that is.
I'm not gonna jump the gun and assume they're all ass-holes, they've done nothing to me for me to make that conclusion personally, but it does depress me a little if the negative things said about them are true. Are fandom has pretty humble beginnings and its grown into something large, the same can be said about EQD, but where our fandom has stayed our old happy pony fun self, EQD has changed a lot and that probably frustrates a lot of people. Sometimes change is good and sometimes its bad, what matters is how you change, one way I think we could all get past this is if we had something like EQD where you apparently don't need to be a damn near expert writer or artist to have some of your work posted, but that's just a suggestion and as I write this I'm aware I might not have any idea what the buck I'm talking about. So anyways that's my rather long view on the subject sorry if this was too long of a post.
Bark

Postby Grieffon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:32 am

I have to say I agree with EqD on the art stuff. Unlike Jay's case which is fanfic, art is much easier to judge if they are good or not (to a certain extent). If they lowered the bar, the drawfriend post would have to contain hundreds of images, and that wouldn't work. Besides, I don't think EqD's standard is that high. Here's one that made into drawfriend that is just some simple vectors made by someone who is definitely not well-known.

As for Hotdiggitydemon, he gets exception due to popular demand. The same goes for Cupcakes, Seth didn't want to put it on EqD, but too many people requested it.

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:42 am

Folks you need to remember, being showcased on EqD isn't a right, it's a privilege. The folks who run the site are completely in the right in choosing what content they want to have on their blog, even if they used the most unfair and arbitrary criteria (which they don't). I understand that you guys might be frustrated but let's not let the conversation devolve into "X was much better before now it sucks". Those kind of conversations are rather juvenile and really don't go anywhere.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Dibullba » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:56 am

The pickiness thing with EQD is mostly with fanfics. It used to be where anything could probably be accepted aside things that were NSFW unless popularity overrides that limitation since the fandom was smaller. Now they receive much more and the issue that arisen was not enough time to read all the fanfics thoroughly, so higher standards had to be placed with them. Art on the other hand takes much less time to determine if it is post worthy which is why limitations on that can be less strict.

So to fanfic writers, my suggestion would probably be to share with others on your own and ask for critiques to know what was done right and where you can improve. By luck, you may even have an excellent fanfic that goes viral becoming noteworthy to be featured on EQD.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)