Anime Artist Tryout

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

I was told it was a good idea to start an art form for anyone who might be interested in doing a manga (for more details check out my other form called "New Comic Idea" The literature section.) And alls I need is a good drawer. If you are good show me some work. Anyone can go for it, and once I get an artist, we can finnaly get this huge show on the road. It can be anything, so long as its anime style. Thank you. (plus I would love to see your artwork)
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby G-O » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Is this a paid gig? or are you looking for someone to collaborate on a project with?

Either way, you might want to do a brief summary of what you're going to be working on so the artist knows what he/she are going to be applying for.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles , CA
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:50 pm

No this is purely just a fan non-profit fan comic with no money involved. So if anybody wants to do this must know its just being done with no money, just a chance to get to work on a large comic project, but you must be 100% committed to the project if you wish to do it.
The synopsis is a large multiverse war featuring many super heroes and villains. With us at first focusing mainly on Spider-Man and how he leads a huge team of heroes against a newly formed Organization XIII.
I do not wish to release any further information as I wish for the story to be a surprise (as it is quite intense) It can also be considered to be an alternate sequel to Powerpuff Girls D.
I will give out all info however to artist who wish to collaborate with me.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:15 am

not rockwell wrote:good luck
Indeed. I've been rooting for you from day one. I'd love to help you out, but I kind of suck at drawing anything that isn't a map, and especially suck with human physiology more than I am comfortable to admit.

I'm an Idea guy, not a draw guy. But yeah, good luck. Hopefully you find someone.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 pm

I'll give a roundup of the main group of heroes. The group that the story mainly follows, consists of

-Spider-Man
-Master Chief
-Sora
-Buttercup D
-Blossom D
-Bubbles D
-Rukia Kuchiki
-Jango Fett

However that is only one of the immense amount of hero groups, but is the strongest and Primary group. While some of the choices for the group may seem odd, it will become clear in the story.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby Asmodai » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

JMBCHIEF wrote:but you must be 100% committed to the project if you wish to do it.

I'm sorry, but I find it a bit presumptuous that you demand someone, who is going to do a ton of work, for absolutely no gain, in his own free time, to show 100% commitment. If you were commissioning him/her, then yes, you are allowed to demand that, since you're paying for his/her free time.

This really feels like a couple of guys got together, figured they could try to do something Bleedman did, but lacking the skills to draw.

As an artist, I sure as hell wouldn't join this.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Feel Good Inc.
Gender: Male

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 pm

Honestly I would just ask if someone could just do it just if they want do a cool story. Because honestly I have no money coming in, as I am only in Highschool, so my money is limited. However the story has been nearly perfected and its been in progress for years. But I wish I could pay an artist, but I can't. Maybe when I land a steady job I could, but who knows when that would be. If you want to have fun doing a badass comic, please contact me. If your looking for a job, look elsewhere. Sorry.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Let me also clarify, this is NOT a copy or ripoff of Bleedman. Their story was in development before I even heard of PPG D. However when I did, I figured that that universe would be interesting use. I planned to elaborate further into Bleedman's mythos In a far darker and adult way.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby G-O » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:24 am

Why not try drawing it yourself, I think even if the art isn't good but you have a solid story like you say, Showing an actual visual example of it would greatly add to people taking an interest in the project.

You won't be able to find a good artist who would take on such a project for free (much less commit 100%) , as Asmodai says, it's impossible. It takes hours to produce a comic book page, too much time and dedication that no person can commit to for free. If you really feel that strongly in your project, then pick up a pencil and draw it yourself. Don't worry about making the art be at a professional level, just use it to present it to potential artists, a few simple pages is all you need. Give it a go, I'm sure someone will come along willing to collaborate with you (just don't ask anyone to commit 100%, that's a no no).

And who knows, maybe you'll have more skill than you think and be able to do it all on your own.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:56 pm
Location: Los Angeles , CA
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:20 am

G-O wrote:Why not try drawing it yourself, I think even if the art isn't good but you have a solid story like you say, Showing an actual visual example of it would greatly add to people taking an interest in the project.
G-O wrote:And who knows, maybe you'll have more skill than you think and be able to do it all on your own.
I had similar responses when I was looking for an Editor before I started my story, 'The Chronometal Wars.'

At the time I was so certain that I sucked at writing that I didn't want to do it at all. Yet months mulling over the NOTHING that came out of me doing nothing, I finally winged it and gave it a shot.

To this day, my 'part 1' has gotten the best criticisms. I don't want to brag about the story, because it seems to have a terrible fault in that 'people like to never post.' I can see that people are reading it, but not posting. Much better than nothing, I must admit.

From experience, I can say that G-O is right. Try going at it alone for a while, post your works in this thread. Even if they aren't what you expect or want, I (And maybe other people) will give my/our constructive criticism(s) and help you along.

Once you get started, another artist may also take an interest in your works as well. Who knows until you try? From this stalemate, I can say what I said to myself at this moment.

"Anything is better than nothing."
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 am

You see I have tried over and over again to do it myself. However my drawing is bad, and I mean god awful. In fact it is so bad I don't think anyone would even look at it because it looks like a 3rd Grader attempted to draw his favorite heroes together.
But I have another idea. I could tell the first chapter in written form, and that might intrigue more people if they like it.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby Asmodai » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:20 am

Then try harder? It's harsh, but being good at drawing isn't something you're born with, its something you learn, just like math. It just takes dedication.
Image
Mephobiac
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 14671
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:10 pm
Location: Feel Good Inc.
Gender: Male

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 pm

The first chapter is written on my literature thread "New comic Idea" . So check it out if you want.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 pm

JMBCHIEF wrote:I'll give a roundup of the main group of heroes. The group that the story mainly follows, consists of

-Spider-Man
-Master Chief
-Sora
-Buttercup D
-Blossom D
-Bubbles D
-Rukia Kuchiki
-Jango Fett

However that is only one of the immense amount of hero groups, but is the strongest and Primary group. While some of the choices for the group may seem odd, it will become clear in the story.

This is one hell of a line up, not to mention its going to be rather hard to reasonably explain what they are all doing there.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

offline
 
Posts: 18986
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Anime Artist Tryout

Postby JMBCHIEF » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

@Blood Lord. Well I have it all planned out. Everything is planned out. And yes Jango Fett is getting revived for a good reason.
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 pm
Gender: None specified


Return to Art

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron