RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Musicmac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:01 pm

So hey, I figured while the dark psych-horror-thriller RP of mine is still in the progress of intellectual delays and ahas, that I could probably churn out another RP until it's ready.

Gentlemen.

I suggest an Elder Scrolls Role-Play.
And not just any part of the Elder Scrolls.

WE'RE GOING ELSEWEYR.

im so punny c:
Listen.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:41 pm

I've played, enjoyed and Beaten Elder Scrolls 3-4-5, yet I never for the life of me sat down and enjoyed the lore. I always sat down and enjoyed the gameplay instead.

I would like to get involved, but I'm sort of Ignorant when it comes to Aedra and Daedra, as well as the history of the empire before Morrowind.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Sweet. I'll start drafting a Dragon Age RPG and get back with you all soon.

Musicmac wrote:Caution on your text-rich tendency though, Blood.

D: BUT THAT'S HOW I DETER STUPID PEOPLE!

I'll make it simple though, it won't be as bad as Eternal Waltz was, which a second one is coming out as well.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 am

Hey everyone, I am back, and am posting an RP up. Sorry if any of you missed me, It's been quite hectic these past few weeks/months. anyways, here it is.

Earth: AR (After Ragnarok)

Ragnarok, the end of the world. As the world was caught a flame from the fire giant's sword, the Alfar, a race of angelic beings remade the world, and seeing the destruction that could be brought about by superior and lesser beings, they had decided for the planet to have no gods, other than their own, Ebb, the goddess of light and dark. The Alfar lived peacefully among themselves for a very long time, until the Alfar were split into two groups, due to slight deformities. The dark skinned forest dwelling elves of the Dokkalfar, and the Light skinned Plains dwelling Ljosalfar. After a long war between the two for various reasons, the two finally set their battling aside. But, because of the large scale battles between the two groups, scarring the world, the New Earth seemed to fight back against its surface dwellers.

It began producing monsters, from every crevice and crack of its battle scarred body. These mutated beings, the monsters, sought out the Alfar and attacked all in their path. Eventually the Alfar created 8 cities, which were each guarded by elite groups of fighters, until the discovery of Pulse Magic. Pulse is a renewable life source of energy that seems endless, and is within all things. With the discovery of pulse magic, the Alfar were able to fight more effectively against the monsters. After a long time, Pulse magic had evolved enough that the Alfar were able to put up a barrier around the Cities, and were no longer in need of so much protection. The planet, using its own Pulse magic, created hoards of monsters, and the Alfar noticed.

The 8 City’s greatest Pulse Masters, found a way to create 8 great weapons that would defeat the Monsters. By sacrificing themselves they created the 8 Grand Pulses. The weapons were named after each of their creators. Kras the Burning Lion, Svart the Dark Justice, Weiss, the Holy Cannon, Azure the Jolting Serpent, Vert the Soaring Dragon, Bui the Desert Tiger, Lilla and Puniceus the Twin Icebergs, and Char the Harvest Reaper. As the Grand Pulses were sent to destroy the monster hoards, the Planet began to self-preserve the monsters, and put them into portals that activate at the presence of a person, but not the Grand Pulses. This was an unforeseen tactic, and the weapons, turned on the cities which they had come from. Luckily, the creators had a failsafe, which sent the cities into the skies, and could teleport down to the surface for supplies, or to the other cities, through an indestructible Crystal Gate within their homes. By saying 3 keywords, or saying the name of another city, you would be teleported somewhere else, and given a teleportation stone, a stone enchanted with a teleport spell, very easy to use spell. Once the Cities were sent into the sky, the Grand Pulses went into a hibernation since there was no longer any large group of targets for them. The people now protect themselves with Pulse Tatoos, small markings made anywhere on a person’s body, that increases the attunement of the body with their own Pulse.

As time went by, the Alfar became 7 new races from the degeneration of time. The human like Far, the difference between them and the humans of old, is the usually odd hair color, such as blue, pink, and green. The Fiends, who have three races within themselves, the Kiba, Larger than Humans, with similarities to large animals, such as lions, tigers, etc., the others are the Lithe, thin humans with tails, noses, eyes, and ears of Cats, Rabbits, and Dogs, and the Small Foots, small, young child sized animal like humans, that share similarities to rats, rabbits, and other small rodents. The other races are the Sprites, small floating humanoids, about the size of a baby, the Zeyn, beings granted with eternal youth, staying at about a young Teens age, highly attuned with Pulse, and have strange horns coming from their heads. Then, there is the last of the Alfar, the Elfish beings with wings, though by now, they have lost the ability to fly, but float lightly over the ground.

As time in the sky became normal, adventurer groups called Guilds began forming, and each guild would get a request from certain people to get certain materials for them from the surface, or possibly, they need a certain monster slain for whatever reason. Some Guild Members will simply post on the Board in their headquarters that they want to go train in some place, or heard about a treasure in this place.

The Guilds have even made schools for specific “Jobs” for their members, and sometimes even speak to each other similar to a party in an MMO. The main Jobs they have are, Quick Blade, Spell Sword, Great Blade, Axe wielder, Pulse user, Spell Glaive, Spec Archer, Knuckle Monk, Animal Master.

Within the cities, they have found that some of the monsters are actually friendly and can be domesticated. Such as the Povine, a creature that is a mix between a cow and pig, that grows older as it eats. There is also the Critts, small catlike people that love technology, and the Gromes, robotic creatures that love selling items.

Now unseen forces are beginning to move, and some believe that Ebb has been seen on the planet surface. The Guilds are beginning investigations into it, as some believe it possible that if she is on the planet, the Grand Pulses may reanimate, and with the strength of those weapons, the Floating Cities may experience their own Ragnarok.

Jobs:
The Quick Blade:
A quick class that is able to use minor to medium Pulse Magic and attacks using two short swords, or oversized daggers.

The Spell Sword:
A skilled swordsman class, that also has access to mid-level Pulse Magic, usually used for healing, of enhancing.

Great Blade:
A class that doesn’t have much attunement for Pulse Magic, and so, they rely on their strength to move huge slabs of steel called a Great Blade, because of the speed needed for this job, they will rarely wear more armor than a breast plate, and bracers.

Axe Wielder:
A class that is the, “Physical Tank” of the Guilds, they stand in front with their large armor and attack with their Axe to hold off enemies, though some instead, become more of a mage, using all of the minor spells with their ability to hit hard with an axe.

Pulse Users:
A very Pulse Attuned and use Mid-High Level Pulse Spells, and use unusual weapons, such as a staff, a crystal ball, or metal edged book, because Pulse Magic can be interrupted by heavy material on the casters body, they usually don’t wear more than a robe.

Spell Glaive:
A class of pole arm users that use Low to mid-level Pulse Spells, however they usually fight more like a Pulse Users, and wear little heavy armor outside of Breastplates, unless they choose to go more of a Pole arm fighter.

[Spec Archer:
A class for those who prefer to stay in the back and fire from a safe distance, though the Spec fighter is also a well-rounded user of Pulse Magic that can increase or decrease performance, including, cause a monster to become poisoned, fall asleep, and more.

The Knuckle Monk:
A job that prefers the use of their hands, feet, the entire body to fight, though some use knunchucks as well, though they also use Pulse Magic that enhances the body.

Animal Masters:
Possibly one of the most dangerous of the jobs, they first use most of their Pulse to summon a “Spirit Creature” which is similar to any of the usual creatures on the planet, and then enter a day long comma. The Animal Master uses Pulse Magic to heal their Spirit Creature and support it with offensive magic, and will attack with the creature, and odd weapons, like a whip, a chakram/ringblade, an instrument, and more. Should the Spirit Creature die, the Animal Master will have to do the same thing to make the creature again, but will take a permanent bit of the maximum Pulse within a person.

Cities:
The Cities, are more of small floating states, each about the size of Tokyo. Each has their own climate, and their own Guilds. Each City has its own fashion, and ways, but are all governed by the same law system. Each city had “Civil Crimes” and when one is committed, the “Silver Beetles” are brought out to investigate.
The Cities are:
Agula: The City that was blessed with a renewing water source, a gift from its savior Pulse User. It is the only capital that has Gondola travel to get around quickly. The city has very many buildings crammed together, and very little walking room. If you don’t own a boat, or have CL for a ride, then you’ll have to swim for it. The city experiences lots of rain, especially at night. The Guilds within this town however are very small, usually with about 20 people at most in them. The dominant race here is the Far

Highlun: The City of winds, and flowers. This city is a very flower filled place, with many trees, but the wind blows all the time here. Highlun is very peaceful, and looks like the countryside, despite it being a city. The guilds here are huge, but few and far between, and are usually pacifistic and medic groups. The dominant races in the city are the Zeyn and Small Feet.

Darch: The desert city and has a strong sense of hospitality towards strangers. However, they are not above outrageous prices for a simple thing. The Guilds here are large and everywhere and often get into fights with the other guilds for the resources they find in the Fields. The dominant species here are the Kiba.

Holaria: The capitol city, that is ruled by an oligarchy, and is in charge of setting the rules, as well as the home of the Silver Beetles, the Crimson Beetles, and Gold Beetles. This city is full of magic users, and technology, and Guilds that fight in the name of the Goddess, Ebb. Also home of the two man guild Freya’s Children’s Headquarters. Prominent race of this city are the Alfar and Far.

Oblina: The city of perpetual darkness, named for the amount of buildings within this city. It is the smallest of the cities, and the friendliest. Despite how crowded and dark the place is, you can’t find a nicer group of people, except maybe in Highlun. The guilds here are many, but the members are few. The dominant races here are Sprites.

Carnia: The mountainous City, surrounded by a lightning storm. Though the Lightning never strikes the city, some say if you stand at the edge of the city and look at the sky, you can feel the electricity in the air. There is only 1 guild here, and it is a very elitist guild, kicking out those who are weak. The dominant race here is the Far and the Kiba.

Onmyu: The City of Tunnels and 2nd largest of the 8. The city from the outside, looks like a large floating meteor, covered in pulse tattoos, but on the inside, it is a large lit up city, that has many tunnels connecting major areas of each other. The Guilds here are treasure hunters and story tellers, and are a mix of emotions between each other. The dominant races here, are the Small Feet, and the Lithe.

Bampon: The City of Bamboo, a very ancient japan style place. The city is famous for its art and culture, and the Quick Blades guild, The Shadow Paws. The Guilds here fight for honor, and the protection of the Cities, and will often challenge other guilds to prove their worth. The dominant races here are the Small Feet, the Lithe, and the Kiba.

Guilds:
To own a guild, the Guild Master is given a task, such as go kill x amount of this monster, or bring x supplies from the field “This Place Sucks” (A quick false field you can go to with the Crystal Gate) once the task is completed, they are given a Writ of Guild, which costs 5,000,000 CL (or Calcas, the national form of currency) to buy normally.
Some of the well-known Guilds include:

The Beetles, which are a guild of spell blades, spell glaives, and Axe Weilders, that act as the police force of the towns. They are divided into the Silver Beetles, grunt members that have police authority, Crimson Beetles, the elite members of the Silver Beetles, which are incredibly skilled and feared among the underground criminals, and the Gold Beetles, the crème de la crème of the guild, that are the highest authority, next to the members of the oligarchy.

The Sons of Freya are a guild that is legendary among the guild. A Two man group that consists of two Fars, named Noss and Gaem, they are famous because they were the two that have defeated every guild that has challenged them, and they fought off the fabled, Jolmgand, a giant dragon, that spewed acid.

The Shadow Paws are a guild that is known for ninja like cat Quick Blades. They love to challenge other guilds, and have even cleared out a field’s “Dungeon” while the other guild planned on what to do.

Fields:
Fields are the location on the planet you are brought to when you say three random words. There is a list of all discovered fields that have been seen, or someone has thought of. On the fields are ruins of places labeled as a Field Dungeon since they have been heavily inhabited by monster portals. Yet there is a huge amount of resources, and rare treasure, that somehow get restocked. These Dungeons are explored often to get new resources for the cities.

CS:
Name:
Job:
Weapon: (for a job that had different kinds of weapons)
Animal: (For Animal Masters only)
Spells: (For those of you that can use them, a list will be made if this goes through)
History: (If you would like to divulge your character's history)

(If you would like the opportunity to be a Guild Master PM me, I'm only allowing two. Also, a Co-GM would be appreciated.)
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Musicmac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 am

FORMAT IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
your messiness scars my eyes and makes me tear blood
Listen.

Postby Musicmac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 am

srsly though Bradao, neaten up your RP.
One who doesn't at least make an effort in making his or her creation accessible to others should not expect for any recognition beyond what it can offer.
Listen.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Sorry had about 5 minutes to type it, since it was just before class. C&P alot of it from my documents. fixed a bit, off to next class.

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Guardian » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:08 pm

Looks interesting. Hellishly confusing, but I see you promised to make it better.

+1
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

I personally like the idea as well. I was creating an RP somewhat similar to this so I'm interested to see how this will play out. Plus I've been waiting to get into an RP again.

+1
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

Awesome sauce. Off to homework.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:43 pm

JSRX - Jet Set Radio X

A decade ago, the GGs, a group of teenagers on skates, saved the city of Tokyo from Rokkaku Gouji, the rich mayor and founder or Rokkaku Corp, a mega-enterprise corporation bent on changing everything, getting rid of singularity and making everyone pawns. The journey was short but they saved the only man who could bring back the singularity in everyone. Me.

I am DJ Professor K, a smooth-voiced radio DJ who just loves Tokyo. Everyone's got their quirks, know what I'm sayin'? I play these sick tunes and give you the lowdown on the streets. You gotta listen if you want the news.

Back to the story.

Through their quest of saving the city they had to deal with a few problems: Poison Jam, The Immortals, Noise Tank and more. Since then, most of them have disappeared. However, lately, some of them have started reappearing. They ain't been appearing in Tokyo, though, but throughout the world. How they got there, I don't know. All I know is 1 of the new gangs has been allied with the GGs lately. They are the X.

Recently, the X lost their leader, Mr. X, to the river. With no body recovered, some people believed him to still be alive. It's been too long and they've all given up hope on seeing him again. Mr. X's younger brother, Zero, has decided to take over. He and his friends have been hanging around Sky Dinosaurian Square. Why? Ask them.

As stated above, this is a decade after the proceedings of JSRF. Many of the old gangs have began appearing around the world as well as some new ones. There's also a secret organization that's been controling or sometimes creating gangs for their own evil purposes. They call themselves the Elites, a group of 6 men and women with powers beyong the ordinary. They also control a large number of Number Agents. Each of the 10 classes of number agents have a different power type.

The areas in the RP won't just be around Tokyo or even limited to Japan. We will be traveling the world.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Didn't you already try this?
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 pm

It seems familiar, but people have re-submitted tweaked ideas before
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Guardian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:17 pm

It confuses me a bit.

Semper Vigilans

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Took me a bit, but I managed to heavily add/edit onto it. darn school taking all my time.

Postby Musicmac » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:54 pm

+1 to Bradao, putting my faith into you, do not disappoint. :U
Listen.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:02 am

That is three votes...

Postby Belwicket » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am

I took my old idea to a few friends and we... scrapped it. Instead of being the GGs as I originally planned, he suggested a new gang for the players. I'm still talking to him about the little things but I got the gyst of it up. I could answer any questions if needed.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

If there had been any, they would've been asked. No one care.

In fact, I'm the only one who asked anything... That makes me, by definition, the most interested person. Oh the irony.
Mephobiac

Postby Musicmac » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:56 pm

BLUH BLUH BLUH
Listen.

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:06 pm

Asmodai wrote:If there had been any, they would've been asked. No one care.

In fact, I'm the only one who asked anything... That makes me, by definition, the most interested person. Oh the irony.

Hey, let's try not being a dick.

Musicmac wrote:BLUH BLUH BLUH

And what is this?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Guardian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Sorry. Its taking me a while to get the Dragon Age RPG up. Mass Effect 2 is a lot of fun.

Semper Vigilans

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Still need that last vote. Gonna need to edit more I guess.

Postby Musicmac » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:33 am

Might take some time, considering the decrease in visitors RP gets around this time of year.
Be patient, tweak up and improve your game, or figure out some details for its beginnings while you have time. :U

probably not Tuor, or a cleverly reverse-disguised Tuor wrote:
Musicmac wrote:BLUH BLUH BLUH

And what is this?

Ironic interpretation of a rebound comment and burning comeback.
Listen.

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Haha, I see, I see. All right.
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing