Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 pm

I use NyQuil.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:48 am

Sadly because of the medication I take (stuff like ritalin among them) I have no idea what's safe to take or not.

Ok, to change pace. Has anyone got high hopes for the new Hobbit movie?

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm incredibly wary of the movies (because there will be three). Already with this stupid Tauriel character I was having a bad feeling about them, now you have Fili and Kili not really even looking like Dwarves and the fact it's being made into three movies, which makes me worry about PJ making up a bunch of junk.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 am

I just don't understand how you can get three movies out of the Hobbit. Its been a while since I read it, but is there even enough stuff in there?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 am

Well, from what I hear they're also going to use information from the Appendices of LotR that adds backstory to the events of The Hobbit. They're also going to include what Gandalf's actually doing when he leaves Bilbo and the dwarves. But ya, I still don't think there's enough content, which is why I'm almost resigned to the fact that PJ is gonna make junk up.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 am

Well... Whats the worse that could happen? I regret saying that now...
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 am

Yup, you never ever say that. Still if Lord of the Rings is anything to go by, I can't see much going wrong with the Hobbit.

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:45 am

Haha…ha…haaaaa

Right, because PJ didn't change things from the original story or add unneeded things in LotR.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

It worked didn't sure we didn't have Tom Bombadil and all that other malarkey, but we did get three awesome films and one of the best trilogy's ever made aside for Back To The Future.

Postby Tuor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

It "worked", sure. I'm even glad Tom Bombadil wasn't in it because I don't think that part could have been done correctly anyway, but he messed around with other things in ways I didn't care for and he added things that I didn't appreciate.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 am

I know, but giving how many ways it could turned into a stack of rotten pancakes I'd say It's quite an accomplishment. Book adaptations hardly ever go well and there were soooooooo many was it coulda gone more south than the birds for winter. Look a the animated/live action version from all those year back, no amount of cranial intrusion will ever make me forget that bag of smashed assholes.

Postby Tuor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:47 am

Ralph Bakashi's version was quite special. I'm just saying I hope PJ doesn't add a lot of unneeded junk. He already added Tauriel, so I'm extremely wary. That's all.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 am

Well yeah, no one likes it when directors take liberties with the beloved books. But if it adds to the viewing experience great, if It's to shamelessly pad out the film then boo. I'm still looking forwards to it because of previous good impressions, I was skeptical because of that frame rate issue, but I've heard that's been taken care of.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Its worse then that. Its an heir to an idea taking license to change history.

The best way I can put my feelings toward the movie, is that I am flat out scared. God knows what could happen with that. Like Halo 4.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:15 am

I've kinda given up on Halo. I respected Bunge for drawing a line under their beloved franchise, but I should have expected that I wouldn't be dead long before Microsoft goons started lining up to rape It's corps. Still ever the optimist.............................. I am not.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm

No company in there right mind would forsake a money maker like Halo. Its the flagship of the Xbox. From what I can remember (I was young) Xbox was worthless. Who would get an Xbox? It had no real games that made it different or desirable from Gamecube or the PS2. Then Halo came out, and the thing was selling like hotcakes. Of course they are going to bring it back, and Bungie is an idiot for jumping off the ship.

First, for the money, success and fame. Yes, I understand that there is more to life then that. But Halo put Bungie on the radar of the general population. Marathon and ONI? Do you know how hard pressed you'd be to find people that know about those games, let alone played them before Halo came out? You'd need search and rescue.

The second is that they washed their hands and turned away from what they "loved" and left it in the hands of Microsoft who is going to rape the shit out of that series until it becomes another Mario or Zelda thing.

I wouldn't give up on Halo until after it comes out. Lets see what they can do with it.
Semper Vigilans

Postby top gear tony » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 am

I don't deny it looks awesome. The new direction it going and whatnot, I am aware that It's the highest grossing game ever. But Halo's strength lies in it exclusivity to Xbox how do you think Fable did so well. Xbox fans would defend child molesters if they were Xbox exclusive. The thing with Halo being this amazing franchise is kind of misleading. Don't get me wrong I like the series, Halo 3 was my first 360 game and I thought it was the dogs bollocks(mind you it was my first) in other words It's hyped over It's quality. I don't doubt 4 will be awesome in some respect but after the 6th one fans will start crying foul like they did with COD. The fan that claimed they loved it will jump on the "It's the same damn thing" band wagging. I guess if it print money then It's a guaranty make, but I'm not.

Postby Tuor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 pm

As long as it's fun, I don't really care. I share Blood Lord's sentiments on The Hobbit
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Umm... Did Hiryu just become a mod?

Never mind, I just caught what was going on.

DOCTRESS WHERE ARE YOU!?!
Last edited by Blood Lord on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Fievel » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Sure. Let's go with that.
Offended.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 pm

He is...
Semper Vigilans

Postby Tuor » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 am

trolololol

Doctress has been MIA for awhile
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:08 am

It's quite a shame.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:13 am

Lotsa people wooshed off.

I miss Sam.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby top gear tony » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Well there is always the possibility of people returning, and then New people may come and go. Hopefully ones that arn't complete retarded.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter