Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False Edit2: True?

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Powerpuff Girls Return? Edit: False

Postby BeeAre » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:30 pm

I want to get a phone call and it be some representative of cartoon network going "we love your story idea and want you to help us make it" oh my god it would be lovely. But. as I said:

i just still don't expect for a series resurrection. And I don't like the idea of a "reboot". A reboot would imply... design changes. I don't like that. I like the girls just the way they are, design-wise. Stumpy rag dolls with big eyes. (@u@)
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm

I wanna see Bunny as a normal looking PowerPuff to be honest; a PPG with a variable, Hulk-like & Spidercide-like ability that allows her to change between her two appearances by will, with limitations to her other form, like a limited time frame in using it before she becomes normal, kind of like when Ben uses the Omnitrix for 10 minutes.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:04 am

The reboot literally was PPGD.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby BeeAre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:07 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:The reboot literally was PPGD.

Not accurate to say literally, considering PpG the show was still going on when PpGD was beginning, and is without any doubt compromised into a crossover. That's not a reboot of a single show's design, that's a specific concession. A negotiation of the canon by Bleedman to get it into a crossover. So no, it wasn't literally the reboot.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hiroko » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 am

I think PPGZ (or Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z) sort of acts like a reboot of PPG, with regards to character design, changes to story and how the show worked. ...Not a successful one at that, mind you. :T
The Sentimental One

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 am

Rosso Rose wrote:I wanna see Bunny as a normal looking PowerPuff to be honest; a PPG with a variable, Hulk-like & Spidercide-like ability that allows her to change between her two appearances by will, with limitations to her other form, like a limited time frame in using it before she becomes normal, kind of like when Ben uses the Omnitrix for 10 minutes.

That might be interesting but I rather suspect that, if Bunny was made a regular character, the show would get the same kind of hate mail MLP:FIM got when Derpy got her lines. It was all right for one episode, but if she is in many, someone will complain and she'll either get removed again or the show will get removed.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:48 pm

I MEANT TO SAY Z!

Postby Hiroko » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm

Huh, I suspected that you meant PPGZ, hence why I brought it up, but I wasn't too sure.
Funny that I got that right, then.
The Sentimental One

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 pm

BR are wrong cuz not all reboot have redesign.

Postby Hiroko » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Redesigns tend to happen because of reboots, though. ...Either that, or because the creator decided mid-series to change the style and experiment a bit. Like American Dragon: Jake Long and, well, Bleedman himself with his own comics.

Anyway, the key phrase is "tend to," though; it's not something guaranteed, but it's something that commonly happens with reboots.
The Sentimental One

Postby Maru » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 pm

Example, the Fruits Basket manga. Somewhere around volume 13, the heads started looking a lot more like eggs. This was weird for me, but I had the vibe that it was supposed to be an improvement in the art style.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm

that aint no reboot . no where close.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 pm

I didn't really watch PPGZ. What's so bad about it?

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:47 pm

What's good about it?
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Hiroko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:that aint no reboot . no where close.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to the redesign bit of the conversation, not reboots, since I mentioned that redesigns can happen outside of reboots as well, should the art style of a show or series drastically change mid-way through.
The Sentimental One

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:58 am

GridsNaranek wrote:What's good about it?

Its real fuckin plot
great character development
balance of genre
color sceming

need i go on?

Postby Numa430 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

You are wrong sir, Almost all of the original fans that enjoy the show dislike this anime spinoff to Powerpuff Girls, While some of those that are stupid enough to pair Brick and Blossom is dumb to the core.
You have no idea how much the fanbase hates it.
Under the bed

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:29 am

Americans=/= understand western world POV?

Postby Numa430 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:53 am

Who knows for sure man.
Under the bed

Postby punzil504 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:08 am

Grieffon wrote:I didn't really watch PPGZ. What's so bad about it?

GridsNaranek wrote:What's good about it?

The couple of episodes that I watched just weren't good enough to make me want to watch an entire season. By contrast, when I found out that they produced more episodes of Mina and the Count (than I had previously seen), I watched every one.

PPGZ vs. PPG has similar issues to Beast Wars vs. Transformers G1. The short explanation is that "they changed it so it sucks:"

The PPGZ aren't sisters, Utonium has a son with a magical pet, they have Sailor Moon transformation sequences to become the PPGZ, Him looks like a Medieval Times court jester, Miss Bellum is blonde... Little annoying things like that.

On the other hand, if you want to see Bunny brought back, PPGZ did that... sort of. I might have to go find that episode and watch it just for S&G's.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Rosso Rose wrote:I wanna see Bunny as a normal looking PowerPuff to be honest; a PPG with a variable, Hulk-like & Spidercide-like ability that allows her to change between her two appearances by will, with limitations to her other form, like a limited time frame in using it before she becomes normal, kind of like when Ben uses the Omnitrix for 10 minutes.

That might be interesting but I rather suspect that, if Bunny was made a regular character, the show would get the same kind of hate mail MLP:FIM got when Derpy got her lines. It was all right for one episode, but if she is in many, someone will complain and she'll either get removed again or the show will get removed.

Yeah, I would agree too. Taking into consideration regarding the situation Derpy, the problem I have with it now as well now that I think about it is that having not as much appearances for Bunny would be bad idea in response to having frequent appearances. It's a lose-lose situation; I would rather keep the concept of three perfect little girls as far as I am concerned.

However If Bunny was in the show, I think I would like Bunny as an assistant to Professor Utonium like how Ken in the PPGZ universe was to that Utonium. She could be a good example to children as an assistant because she would be curious about the world and learn to be a better PowerPuff in her own way. Because she also has all of their powers, she would have been a substitute leader in the event Blossom is in trouble or could be a stand in for the other two in similar situations. Heck, she could even be like the Tommy the Green Ranger, almost a...badass lets say (definition number two of the Urban Dictionary.) Being an assistant would be a good idea too because of the way she judged what is good and bad while she lived for a day, but t seems like she would stand out too much in the end. I still like the idea though.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Saint Soul » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:17 pm

You guys are comparing a hasbro fandom to bleeds fandom. REALLY?

Postby Hiroko » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 pm

They aren't. They weren't even talking about Bleedman's comics; they are discussing "What if's" should a PPG reboot actually happen, and what would people these days react if Bunny (who was an imperfect, disabled fourth Powerpuff) were to make a more permanent appearance on said hypothetical reboot, based on how parents reacted to Derpy's presumably "offensive" portrayal on MLP:FiM, due to people interpreting her as being mentally disabled just because of her odd voice and dangerously clumsy nature.
The Sentimental One

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:19 am

Yes they are. they are talking about how the fans would respond.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:42 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:Yes they are. they are talking about how the fans would respond.

You're right on this. This is kind of ridiculous. I find the situations to be different as much as they correlate somewhat. For Bunny, it wasn't really anything like Derpy because Bunny only made one episode appearance. For her, it wasn't the fact she was stupid. She just didn't know the difference between what's right and wrong.

Derpy on the other hand...honestly I never watched the show very much to even know very much. She was just adorable but clumsy. It's ridiculous she was even considered offensive because one of the Smurfs had a similar personality trait. And was that offensive? Now I'm just getting sidetracked here.

The point of the discussion was that popular shows such as PPG and MLP could go downhill with the re-occuring appearances of a popular but non-major character like Derp as well as a character who was only meant to appear for one episode like Bunny. Both of these weren't even intended to even be so popular among fans in the first place, and one of them was partly due to an internet meme and in that case was so unintentional.

I find fandom either way to be dangerous and harmful to a show's success overall based on the discussion.
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)