The Anime Thread.

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Anime Thread.

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Madoka Magica, Lucky Star, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Blood+.

Those are some of my favorites.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Basically what she said. But I think the highest I can recommend is neon genesis evangelion. Just don't write the dubs off until you've tried them.

Here's a link: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/neon-genesis-evangelion-english-dubbed-online-free

Also this one's pretty good, just discovered it myself: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/simoun-e ... nline-free It's called Simoun.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Hmm. Interesting. What do you like about them?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Madoka Magica is just amazing and fucked up.

Lucky Star is nerdy and adorable.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is hilarious and still has an actual plot. Plus, God is a woman.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is blood and lolis with a fucked up story.

Blood+ is vampires with a fucked up story.

Yah. Everything here pretty much has a plot and is awesome. Lucky Star is the only one which is just random hilariousness.
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 pm

I tried watching Lucky Star a long time ago. Couldn't really get into it. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, or something.

Also, I'm nearly finished with Nichijou. Once I watch the last episode, it'll be the first anime I've completed in well over two years. I honestly don't remember the last one I finished. I need to decide what to watch next, now that I think of it.
Offended.

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:13 pm

It's a slice of life anime, with a shit ton of references to other animes. What's not to love?!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

It's the characters I found endearing, they stand out among the crowd, and now in a world where you can't take 10 steps without tripping over lazily written crappy slice of life anime, it really stands out.

Evangelion on the other hand is giant robots vs giant angels, like gundam only better (and not a crappy lame toy commercial)

Higurashi is as close we're ever going to come to a Silent Hill anime I think
Last edited by top gear tony on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Spoopy Princess » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Eh, Another is pretty fucked up, too. As is Umineko.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:47 pm

You just liked fucked up things, don't you?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Ha, she should have seen my arm after I almost lost it. 6 hour in surgery.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 pm

OOOOooooo. Story time!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:12 pm

I only want to hear this story if there's pictures involved
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:13 pm

And theme music.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 pm

No pictures and imagine the music if you want.

In short, one day I forgot to take my ritalin, got a bit to hyper, ended up messing around near a road, fell over and a van ran over my left arm (more importantly my wanking arm) completely crushed it. The doctors said I was super lucky to still have it. The elbow was in bits. I have a huge scar going up my elbow and some of it isn't even real bone anymore. It's gotten so numb I can feel much around the scar area nether.

I can show a picture of the scar if you guys really want and were the skin caves in due to the lack of real bone in that area.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 pm

Go for it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Alright, gimme a sec, just got to use my phone camera.

EDIT: Um anyone wouldn't happen know why a perfectly functional HTC mobile phone is refusing to show up on my laptop?

You know what fuck it I'll do it in the morning with a fully charge digital camera. As god is my witness I'll get you those fucking pictures.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 pm

I can hold you to that.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away...

I'm looking also for good fantasy and sci-fi animes.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm

top gear tony 666 wrote:Basically what she said. But I think the highest I can recommend is neon genesis evangelion. Just don't write the dubs off until you've tried them.

Here's a link: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/neon-genesis-evangelion-english-dubbed-online-free

Also this one's pretty good, just discovered it myself: http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/simoun-e ... nline-free It's called Simoun.

I never though I'd quote myself.

Postby Fievel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Gurren Lagann is the greatest ever.

Also, what the hell?
Offended.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:52 pm

What the hell are you what the helling?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Fievel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:10 am

The previous conversation.
Offended.

Postby Hiroko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:23 am

Touching back on the Puella Magi Madoka Magica / Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (both are valid variations of the title--the first being more fitting to the symbolism present in the anime with regards to what "puella magi" can mean) thing for a bit, it's also an interesting story because, believe it or not, it touches upon/has plot references to *   Goethe's Faust.    Which contributes quite a bit to the fucked-up-ness that Stuff mentioned.

*Put in spoilers because, if you haven't seen the anime, but know of this particular story, it really will spoil the anime for you.
The Sentimental One

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:16 am

Slayers is a big fantasy, but it's comedic so...I guess. FMA really would be a good recommendation.

And...Well, if it's fantasy...Possibly Spice and Wolf. You may like it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 am

Anyone seen ant of these?

Rosairo + Vampire
Black Lagoon
Gunrunner Girl
Samurai Girl
Witchblade
Quenn's Blade
Samuri 7
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Queens blade is basically high production hentai. But it's brainless and generic and watchable.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter