New Grim Tales- Watchin' the Game, Havin' a Soul (26/09/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales- Watchin' the Game, Havin' a Soul (26/09/12)

Postby Pointy Ears » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't even want to know what context "sauna bath" was in.
And what do you know, MOAR CAMEEOOOOS!

Re: New Grim Tales- Watchin' the Game, Havin' a Soul (26/09/12)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Welcome to the Bleed World Mr. Abadeer.

I might expect to see Marceline soon too.
Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress. Water is
not a solid wall, it will not stop you. But water always goes where it wants to go, and nothing in the end
can stand against it. Water is patient. Dripping water wears away a stone. Remember that, my child.
Remember you are half water. If you can't go through an obstacle, go around it. Water does.
This too shall pass.

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:46 pm

Oh God! Marceline´s dad! yeah!!!! :D

Postby Mir@k » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:36 pm

is that a can of campbell's soup?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Whoa, Hunson looks creepy. I'll be honest, I actually got a shock when I scrolled. Something about the mouthlessness and that eye is really terrifying (sort of reminds me of the "Dinoman" sculpture, which also gave me nightmares as a childhttp://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dinoman&view=detail&id=3236758D38A304F4DE2B828BD7F29A7B82394BC9&first=1 )
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Hiroko » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh, I get it. Chicken Soup for the Soul.

I forgot about those books...it's been a very long time since I looked through one of them.
The Sentimental One

Postby Dibullba » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:14 am

Lemon Grab finds this unacceptable to not be the first cameo from Adventure Time.... 1000 YEARS DUNGEON

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:10 am

Rosso Rose wrote:Welcome to the Bleed World Mr. Abadeer.

I might expect to see Marceline soon too.

That actually may not happen, as there may be a time issue. Just follow me here

Hunson Abadeer exists in the Adventure Time Universe. It has been said many times by the show's creators that AT happens in a post apocolyptic world, and a lot of evidence seems to suggest it is post ours (I think the pre transformed Ice King mentions Norway or Scadanavia or some other real world location in his video diary). So does the GT world (the whole 9/11 thing) and the destruction there can't be more than around 2030 or so given how old blossom (assuming that the GT timeline and the PPGD timeline, while not the same, are similar enough that chacters were born at rougly the same time in each one (i.e. Mandy and Blossom are still roughly the same age) and PPG's age at a rate similar to normal humans (i.e. the 20-30 yo blossom we saw in the flashback isn't actually a lot, lot older) is Even assuming that the disaster that ultmately destroyed Megaville and the one that destroyed the whole AT world are the same one, that doesn't leave all that much time between the disaster and the AT "present day". AT appears to take place in a world that has had some significant time to rebuild post apocalypse. Child Marceline (from the flashback episode) appears to live in a fairly rebulit world (it's grim and obviosly impoverished, but there seems to be normal amounts of things like grass and trees grown back) so at least some time must have passed since the destruction. Modern Marceline is 1000+ but it looks like she's been grown up for most of that (apart from changes to hair and clothing, the flashback Marceline after the first memory looks more or less the same as the current one, so we are probably looking at a "grow to adulthood in normal time and then stop ageing" situation) What I am trying to get at is, given the time lines, Marceline may not have been BORN yet in this one.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 am

Even still, no reason for her to be in Hell really too. She's on earth as a child, and seemed to be capable of survival, so I don't see why she wouldn't have just remained there.

Here's a question, just came to mind after seeing those pictures on the wall, what was Him's endgame with Mimi exactly? I mean, he could make things much worse for her, so probably not torture. Spite towards the girls could be possible, he's petty like that, but the portraits just seem to imply something more important. A left hand woman? Possibly, but it doesn't click with me.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Biostar » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

I always thought he just wanted her as an underling/symbol of his victory.

Postby Zombie Queen » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:13 am

Marceline's dad! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

ADVENTURE TIME! (ノ ゚ <゚)ノ彡┻━┻
Hey look, an UPROAR. Just what I wanted.

Postby achthenuts » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 am

& then there's pime taradox OMG
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Nara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:What I am trying to get at is, given the time lines, Marceline may not have been BORN yet in this one.

In one of the issues of the AT comic there is a scene of little Marceline exploring the caves WHILE the war was still going on. She was sheltering herself from it and the radiation(???) I assume. So according to what you calculated she could still be alive as a mortal or just turned into a vampire.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Here's a question, just came to mind after seeing those pictures on the wall, what was Him's endgame with Mimi exactly? I mean, he could make things much worse for her, so probably not torture. Spite towards the girls could be possible, he's petty like that, but the portraits just seem to imply something more important. A left hand woman? Possibly, but it doesn't click with me.

I think that this is a very good point to consider. I've been toying around with a lot of ideas. Him seems to use Mimi, and obviously wants her, but doesn't treat her well. Why does Him want Mimi? Did he want an Heir? Is he trying to buy up as much power as possible?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Nara wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:What I am trying to get at is, given the time lines, Marceline may not have been BORN yet in this one.

In one of the issues of the AT comic there is a scene of little Marceline exploring the caves WHILE the war was still going on. She was sheltering herself from it and the radiation(???) I assume. So according to what you calculated she could still be alive as a mortal or just turned into a vampire.

Did not know that (never seen the comic).
Was she ever a mortal. I know she has those bite marks on her neck, but given that little Marceline already had grey skin, I always simply assumed she had been BORN a vampire. Afer all Hunson is one, sort of (He sucks souls, which I supposed makes him some sort of vampire (a jiang-shi, maybe?) , assuming he eventually digests the souls he imbibes). The simple fact is, information on Marcline's early childhood is a little sketchy, so most of this is guesswork. I will say I am fairly confident this is happeneng before Marceline is actually living with/in regualr contact with Hunson, since it appears that didn't happen till she was at least a teenager (I assume that the ragged clothing little
Marceline wore indicates she was on her own then. since the moment we see her with her dad, she has a fully complete (and fairly extensive). wardrobe

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:52 pm

They may not have to be the same time of vampire. Perhaps she was a halfer or something, possibly she was adopted but that seems unlikely. Reincarnation maybe. I don't know the AT universe enough.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:They may not have to be the same time of vampire. Perhaps she was a halfer or something, possibly she was adopted but that seems unlikely. Reincarnation maybe. I don't know the AT universe enough.

They are different kinds, Marceline is a Chromophage ( she said specifically she eats the color red). Adoption seems unlikey; Hunson isn't "nice" enough to do something like that. As for half, that will have to wait until the show writers decide to show Marcie's mom. Her mom may be royalty (she is after all the Vampire Queen, and it's not like Ooo isn't loaded with kings queens and princesses). And while there are, according to folklore, some ways a person can reincarnate as a "virgin" vampire (one never bitten by an exisitng one) they tend to involve some pretty odd circumstances (having a black dog jump over your coffin while it is on display in church will do it, as will being born the seventh son of a seventh son under a full moon) not likey to happen casually. Maybe there is a vampire curse on her boots (if you notice Marcie and Hunsons red cowboy boots are identical, and that is the only article of outer clothing hunson has that is NOT created by his amulet, so my money is that Hunson gave them to her, and it's a family thing) It could be anything

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 pm

How about the nuclear war? Would that be a weird enough event? She could be something else apart from a vampire, something originally weird. Maybe the spawn of some demon vampire king from hell and something else. Then bitten later on.

The clothing thing...We have technically seen her bare feet whilst she was naked. That episode when Finn and Jake break into her house or something.

Also, after a quick read, AT wiki says Marceline is vampire queen because she killed the vampire king. No other information is available about him though apart from his death.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Nara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote: I always simply assumed she had been BORN a vampire.

I found the page: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55 ... arce_c.jpg

That reminded me that in one episode (I think it was "Return to the Nightosphere") in the background of Hunsons offices there is a photo/painting of Hunson and an infant vampire baby. I will assume it was Marceline.

I guess that makes things even more complicated but at leas fun to think about it <:D

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:32 am

Nara wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote: I always simply assumed she had been BORN a vampire.

I found the page: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/55 ... arce_c.jpg

That reminded me that in one episode (I think it was "Return to the Nightosphere") in the background of Hunsons offices there is a photo/painting of Hunson and an infant vampire baby. I will assume it was Marceline.

I guess that makes things even more complicated but at leas fun to think about it <:D

Way more complicated. That is basically the same age and more importantly the clothing we saw Marcie in in her memory, (alibiet in much better condition) . But her flesh is normal human color here So she was a vampire as a baby, wasn't for part of her childhood, became one again soon after this comic panel, spent some years on her own, then had her dad show up again to live with her. My head is hurting now (this is too much to cogitate at 1:30 am).

Postby Nara » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

I made a screen from the episode:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/N ... 302121.jpg

So the question is was Marcy born a vampire or two vampires adopted a human infant? The second idea seems more fitting judging by the cartoon & comic canons.

ALSO BONUS:
Last edited by Nara on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Any way you could edit the first picture to make it a little smaller? It seems to be stretching out the page. If not, that's cool I guess, I can see you actually have something to go on here.

It provided interesting discussion to be sure... unfortunately I don't watch the show so I will be watching what other people say about it. Seems interesting.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Nara wrote:I made a screen from the episode:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/N ... 302121.jpg

So the question is was Marcy born a vampire or two vampires adopted a human infant? The second idea seems more fitting judging by the cartoon & comic canons.

ALSO BONUS:

i have this weird theory that marceline's vampire dad came into her original parents' hospital, everyone froze in horror, he got like, her mom and dad to snap a facebook style picture, and then walked out.

completely in the vein of adventure time that the Nightosphere Dark Lord would plan to have his daughter in that nonchalant creepy twisted vampire way. :][
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:33 pm

Here's the best timeline I can work out

Hunson and Marceline's Mom (in third picture) adopt a human infant. at some point during childhood the war breaks out and she gets seperated from them.She hides in the caves for a while and then emerges, but still cannot find her parents or cannot get to them (say they had to return to the nightosphere and little Marcie either doesn't know the ritual to get there yet or in an apocayliptic world, does not have acess to bug milk) she fends for herself for a while (this would be the time Finn visited in her memory) Eventually Hunson or MM finds Marcie, but by then she is dying (either of starvation, or given how close this time is to the war, radiation sickness and they have to turn her to let her live.
When you get right down to it, the whole "marcie was once a normal person" theory really relies on two things about the comic panel that marcie looks pinker than she normally does and her ears look less pointy. Given that I imagine the people who draw the comic are not neccecarily the same ones who draw the show, both could be mere quirks of style.

Update (given the above message, posted while I was writing this) it could be, but Hunson does have something like a soft side. He actually does seem to care at least a little about what Marcie thinks of him. Plus the third picture does indicate he is (or at least was) married, and the woman in the picture looks enough like the marcie we know to make it likey that actually is her mother.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:43 pm

That type of personality isn't unheard of. Some people love and care for their immediate friends or family, but eveyone outside that is basically a tool to be used or broken.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)