Dragon Age 3 Announced

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age 3 Announced

Postby Millo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:11 pm

I actually didnt care at all about any of the main characters. They felt poorly written and just bland but the side characters involving the mage quests were a lot more believable
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:13 pm

I kinda liked Aveline, but ya. The story of DAII was quite bland. Like I've said, DA:O had this really epic feel and scale to it where you travelled all across the land, and then DAII felt like all you were influencing was the fate of a city.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby top gear tony » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

My Hawk looked like Ewan Mcgregor, so I tried to role play it as if it were a medieval version of Starwars. Turned out better than the last three. Also my Hawk was gay. Because why not.

I have no idea how commas work

Yog: Praise the sun that is Top Gear Tony, a friend to all.
Do I have style points yet

Postby Millo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:28 pm

I liked The Mother from the First game, dem titties.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Vegedus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Origins was the story of how you saved the world from *insert generic threat here*. They called it the Blight, but it might as well have been the orcs from Lord of the Rings. It was the same plot as every fantasy epic, ever.

While II was certainly less "epic", in that you were only really influencing the fate of a single city, it was at least something different.

But, to bring it back to the topic at hand, I figure III will be a medium between these extremes. The title, "inquisition", implies it won't be about stopping some otherworldly, all-encompassing threat, but rather resolving some nation-wide issue about mages that has been a major theme for both games.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Tuor » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:59 am

I guess call me a sucker for high fantasy type narratives.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 am

I think that was the point it was supposed to be the Fantasy Epic Game and they succeeded into making it
into that. And just because 2 was something different doesnt make it good. It could have been good if they went in the right direction but that didnt seem to be the case
Resident Illustrator

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming