Joker-Undead's Art

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Joker-Undead's Art

Postby Morpheus » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:22 pm

Good to see you keeping up with your studies.
One thing you might want to keep in mind is the the paper.
When drawing for more detailed drawings you might want to use a slightly better paper to avoid grittiness.
Also, the bike looks nice but the guys profile is too slopped.
And something to keep in mind is that the shape of the eye changes as you change the angle.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Morpheus wrote:Good to see you keeping up with your studies.
One thing you might want to keep in mind is the the paper.
When drawing for more detailed drawings you might want to use a slightly better paper to avoid grittiness.
Also, the bike looks nice but the guys profile is too slopped.
And something to keep in mind is that the shape of the eye changes as you change the angle.

Like I said before, these are early attempts at drawing real-things from photos.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Morpheus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:36 am

I know that.
But you have to take all the advice you can get and put it to use.
Even if you can't use it now keep it in mind for later.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 am

Morpheus wrote:I know that.
But you have to take all the advice you can get and put it to use.
Even if you can't use it now keep it in mind for later.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Asmodai » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Question, do you sketch beforehand?

I get the feeling, since I cant see any faint lines, that you dont do that. You might want to try that out, it really helps with making characters feel more dynamic (if you pose them correctly that is)
Mephobiac

Postby Joker-Undead » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am

Asmodai wrote:Question, do you sketch beforehand?

I get the feeling, since I cant see any faint lines, that you dont do that. You might want to try that out, it really helps with making characters feel more dynamic (if you pose them correctly that is)

Sometimes, when designing a new character for example, I do small rough sketches first to see what would work and what would not work, then I do the best design from the sketches and see where it goes from there.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Morpheus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I think he's also referring to setting up your pose, proportions and perspective before you start with your character.

Postby Joker-Undead » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Morpheus wrote:I think he's also referring to setting up your pose, proportions and perspective before you start with your character.

Oh, sorry. I might have to work on that as well when sketching rough character designs.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:24 pm

In case anyone asks, Iam still working on life-drawings but I've also been really busy with some little fan projects I've been doing lately. But in the meantime, I would like to show this strange picture I did based on those "hellvalleyskytree" things from Super Mario Galaxy 2.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Morpheus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 pm

This looks ok considering what it's made after but I would like to see the creature fleshed out more.
Also, don't write down what the creature is.
The point of creating something is to bring a point across.
If you have to tell us what it is then you need to focus more on the creature.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:56 am

I have some great news. This week, I've started my very own web-comic, called Seigi-Senshi Captain-Japan, if any of you want to check it out so far, just click here.

http://captainjapan.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 am

Here's my newest pic, and it's also my most well liked picture at the moment.
Ive seen alot of Applejack+Rarity pairing pictures on here, so I did one of my own.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:31 am

For a story a friend of mine going to work on, I've been working on some new Tokusatsu-style kaijin designs.

These are called Protozoa, bizarre alien lifeforms from primordial times. They are based on creatures found in plankton.

The ones featured here are Flea-Protozoa, Slug-Protozoa, Jellyfish-Protozoa, Shrimp-Protozoa, Water Bear-Protozoa, Squid-Protozoa and Starfish-Protozoa.

Prawn-Protozoa & Lobster-Protozoa.

These are called Cyberoids (bascily robot versions of the Dopants from Kamen-Rider W). Human criminals use devices called Injecter-Drivers to tranform into a semi-robotic being called a Cyberoid.

The Cyberoids featured here are Kicker-Cyberoid & Corkscrew-Cyberoid.

Jewel-Cyberoid, Cycle-Cyberoid & Fan-Cyberoid.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Wed May 01, 2013 2:08 pm

Ive been working on some new artwork, and now wish to share it here.

What would you do if you mix MLP: FIM with Transformers? You'll get this.
This is just a random comic-strip I wanted to do for a while.

Here's a picture of cute little Chi.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Exodis » Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Aww Chi looks adorable~
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri May 03, 2013 4:53 am

Here are a couple of cute pictures I did with I watched the first episode of Teen-Titans GO!

Raven playing with her My Little Pony dolls.
Raven meeting Twilight-Sparkle.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 am

That was cute. I kind of like the Raven that secretly likes cute things.
Bark

Postby Joker-Undead » Mon May 06, 2013 3:56 pm

These are some sketches of a little known toy-line called Rocks & Bugs & Things. To learn more about it, click here http://bogleech.com/rocksbugsthings.html
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun May 12, 2013 8:26 am

A little while ago, I been doing some designs for kaijin that are twisted hybrids of human & animal. I called them Bio-Mutants.

Claw Bio-Mutant is a fast and powerful Bio-Mutant that's a mix of human, sloth, spider and lizard. He can use his razor-sharp, venomous claws and can fire needles from his mouth.
Freak Bio-Mutant is a bizarre Bio-Mutant that looks like a mix of human, slug, cat and ant. He uses acid-slime, claws and tail-pincers.
Cyborg Bio-Mutant is a rare Bio-Mutant that still has a human-body and legs, but has has a bird/insectoid arm with talons and a cybernetic arm with a machine-gun built in into it.
Titan Bio-Mutant is a giant Bio-Mutant with the DNA of human, stag-beetle, antlion and creeper-vine. He has blade-like claws and vine-like tentacles. He can also breath fire.
Hedgehog Bio-Mutant is a Bio-Mutant with the DNA of human, hedgehog, hawk and beetle. His main weapon is a row of giant spine-like blades on his back. He can also spit venom.
Cotton Bio-Mutant is a strange cotton/plant-spore based Bio-Mutant and one of the few of it's kind that has no human-DNA. It can spread body-controlling spores, fly and use cotton thread-like vines.
Cockatrice Bio-Mutant is a Bio-Mutant the DNA of human, owl, bat and scorpion. He can fly, fire needles and has a deadly stinger-tipped tail.
Starfish Bio-Mutant is a Bio-Mutant the DNA of human, starfish, crab and fly-trap. His tentacle-like jawed arms can use an stinging-shock and his eight-eyes can fire a laser-beam.
Octopus Bio-Mutant is a Bio-Mutant the DNA of human, octopus, cat and mantis. His mantis-claws can slice through steel, he is agile like a cat and has powerful, crushing tentacles to attack his opponent. He also has a poisonous bite.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sun May 12, 2013 9:22 am

I love the design of the Cockatrice Bio-Mutant. That's easily one of my favorite of the monsters you've drawn.
Bark

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun May 12, 2013 11:20 am

Mad-Mutt wrote:I love the design of the Cockatrice Bio-Mutant. That's easily one of my favorite of the monsters you've drawn.

Thank you for the comment Mad-Mutt. With the Bio-Mutants, I thought about with animals to use and which bits should go where. Take the Cockatrice Bio-Mutant for example, I gave him two owl wings, but I also gave him a bat wing to give a really bizarre look to him. The owl's clawed feet would be good for grabbing humans, I've combined an owl's head with the jaws of a scorpion, and finally the venomous scorpion-tail which could be good to blind-siding an opponent with it's stinger.

Perhaps you've noticed the belts the Bio-Mutants are wearing. The Bio-Mutants are meant to be a heisei era monster-group, but I thought I pay homage to Showa era kaijin (like in Kamen-Rider & Go-Ranger), that wore belts to represent the organization they work for.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Tue May 21, 2013 2:06 pm

I have a cute one for you.
Just a cute little picture of Twilight-Sparkle licking Gumball's cheek lol.
I've based this picture on this http://oniraug.deviantart.com/gallery/# ... d=6fb71476
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 am

Recently, I've done fanart on the monsters from the second season of Toei's Unoffical-Sentai Akibaranger.

Smapho Monger:
A Machine Lifeform who uses his LCD screen face for his Monster Info Distribution Attack and Monger Mental Download to psychologically torture otaku by giving them spoilers to their favorite programming. His human form is a Christian missionary who preaches of the vices of otaku in Akihabara. Smapho Monger is used by Malseena to wipe out the Z-Cune Aoi franchise. Luckily, Akagi restores it while destroying Smapho Monger as Super Akiba Red.

Trinoid Number 23: Kunimasmaphogany:
Though a dead-ringer of Smapho Monger, Kunimasmaphogany is a Trinoid who is a composition of a Kunimasu, Smartphone, and Mahogany. He is destroyed by Akiba Blue using the Zyurangers' Inordinate Power. Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi.

Yuru-Chara Jigen:
An anime-like Jigen Beast that General Two created by kitbashing a figurine in the image of the Yuru Sanae mascot he got into a fight with. Despite her cute appearance, Yuru-Chara Jigen is extremely dangerous as a fighter while able to turn people into what they hate. Because she lacks the monstrous true form that official cute-looking Sentai monsters have, and Akagi's passion for smooth and shiny robot girls making him a liability, Yuru-Chara Jigen overwhelms the Akibrangers while unintentionally altering reality with Choko Nagakawa turned into an Oneeder. Despite their scheme to render Yuru-Chara Jigen's cuteness ineffective, Akibarangers are overwhelmed until Akiba Red assumes Super form and finishes a shocked Yuru-Chara Jigen off by covering his visor to not fall for her cuteness.

Chief-Clerk Blu-Ray:
The first of Baros lol's monsters, Chief Clerk Blu-Ray is a Gorma Minion armed with an universal remote control that he can use to manipulate time or change the form of inanimate objects. His human form is a conning electronics salesman who tricks otaku into fulfilling their fantasies through a video player. Blu-Ray's main attack is the Downconvert Beam, which downgrades the quality of a target. He is destroyed by the Akibarangers' Inordinate Cannon.

Mutoumushite:
A remodeled male version of Hadezukin created as a Rin Jūken practioner with the status of Kenma to serve as General Two's righthand man. Though a user of the Rinjū Ladybug-Ken style, Mutoumushite's title as Time Kenma allows him to use the fighting techniques of several Super Sentai villains portrayed by veteran stunt actor Yoshinori Okamoto. Learning that General Two obtained combat data for Mutoumushite by hiring Okamoto to become a motion capture study, the Akibarangers exploit the monster's fatal flaw of desiring a glorious death by replicating the final battle between Change Dragon and Adjutant Buba before destroying Mutoumushite with the Inordinate Bazooka.

Coelacanth Kans:
A Mecha Gigan that destroys Itashar Robo, but is vanquished by Itashar Boy.

Hadezukin:
A Space Ninja that General Two created long ago and placed in storage, but is out to enact his revenge on Toei for altering Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger's original concept of having the Gouraigers as an evil Sentai group. Assuming the identity of Tento Raiger, Hadezukin drafts the Gouraigers to form the Ninchu Sentai Jakanger and alter reality to have the days of the week increased form seven to ten. But once the Gouraigers are restored, Hadezukin is destroyed by Akiba Red using the Hurricanegers' Inordinate Power.

Chief Editor HVD:
A dead-ringer of Chief Clerk Blu-Ray, claiming to be forty times more powerful than the previous monster. His main attack is the Marking Beam, which tags a target for tracking. HVD is destroyed by Akiba Red using the Dairangers' Inordinate Power.

Kameari Alpaca:
Created by General Two under Malseena's influence, he is developed with the purpose of converting the energy of the Akibarangers attacks into power. He is destroyed by the Inordinate Cannon Bazooka, but the energy harnessed allows Malseena to revive Delu Knight.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:50 am

From Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
Dark Species Deboth is the plant-like creator of the Deboth Army, alternatively referred to as the "Planetary Illness". After being defeated by the Zyudenryu, Deboth's lifeless body ended up frozen in the Antarctic seabed and became the Frozen Castle from which the Deboth Army's members are based in. Though partially thawed, Deboth remains inactive as his resurrection through the energy of emotions becomes the current objective of the Deboth Army. Though eventually stirring, affecting them by increasing their abilities, Deboth lacks the amount of emotions needed to be revived. However, Chaos subjects Deboth to a large amount of Restoration Water to be forcefully resurrected. Deboth has the electric Shock Tentacles and the HoShock Jaws hands to absorb life forms, and Deboth's attack is the HorobireBurst.

Character photo:
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Morpheus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:33 pm

You know these are looking better Joker.
His tail reminds me of a centipede.
Perhaps you can try making something abit bigger.
The change in size might be difficult at first but it'll allow you to put more love into these.

PreviousNext

Return to Art