New PPGD- Honey Doomed (16/09/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New PPGD- Honey Doomed (16/09/12)

Postby Pointy Ears » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Did I seriously wait days for this useless page.

wat

Re: New PPGD- Honey Doomed (16/09/12)

Postby Xendyl » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm

*sobbing*-->"Meh, don't care anymore"-->"Oh yeah, that explosion's right there..."

Postby BeeAre » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Xendyl wrote:*sobbing*-->"Meh, don't care anymore"-->"Oh yeah, that explosion's right there..."

see i now, hold on, I'm trying to get Bleedman to edit those eyes, because I told him to make them half-lidded in that last panel, and he missed out on that note, so this page may be reuploaded.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Grieffon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Is it really necessary to give a minor character one full page for him to grieve?

Postby Mir@k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:06 am

Better get a sleeping bag and at least seven industrial sized cans of beans nigga, because we still got 12 more pages of grieving to do.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:30 am

Mir@k wrote:Better get a sleeping bag and at least seven industrial sized cans of beans nigga, because we still got 12 more pages of grieving to do.

Please god tell me you are joking.

We get it, the world is being (Insert catastrophe here), can we move on?

I was expecting this bomb going off to catapult this story into full throttle. Not put it on somber pause. We've already had 10 or so pages of crying, fear, grieving etc. Can we move on now?

The stage is set. Everyone is sad. Something is happening. Let's move on to the next stage.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby GridsNaranek » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 am

From Monkey's perspective it appears that the explosion originated in Hong Kong.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Mir@k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 am

I liked it better before monkey's angst.

JESUS. WHAT'S NEXT. ARE WE GOING TO MAKE THE CAMERA FOCUS ON THE MOON LETTING OUT A SINGLE TEAR?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:23 am

Da real image is out again. I'm too much of a mongoloid and a faggot to actually make a thread about it however. Just letting ya know.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Joker-Undead » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:46 am

I've been reading this comic for years, and Iam still wondering, WTF is going on with this crazy time-bomb. Is everyone in this universe going to die or something?
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:37 am

Joker-Undead wrote:I've been reading this comic for years, and Iam still wondering, WTF is going on with this crazy time-bomb. Is everyone in this universe going to die or something?

Die? No. This has been stressed enough. However, BR won't tell us outright what is happening. Someone made a REALLY good guess a while ago, and it something like this.

What if the bomb stopped time around the planet? And then people immune to this bomb would come in an build an empire on Earth in essentially 'no time' at all.

Apparently this is the closest guess anyone here has had- but was still wrong.

So no, not everyone is going to die (Probably) but something tells me they might want to later on. SO far he has been pretty tight-lipped about the details, but a couple people think they know what is going to happen.

We all just have to Wait and SeeTM.

Bird oft Error

Postby punzil504 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 am

This is the sort of page that is fine when you're reading the comic from beginning to end, but excruciatingly painful when anticipating a bi-weekly(ish) update.

I mean, there's a lot going on for a wordless page... One of the only heroes remaining outside the "blast zone" realizes that he was tricked, and has failed. I know that put up against Dextolga, Bubbles, the various Scientists, Otto, and even Zim and X, this has been a lot of pages to rub in the fact that there is absolutely no one who can stop this, but I think in hindsight some of it will be necessary to prevent people from saying "why didn't (insert hero's name) do something?

Monkey was the hero who "fought Superman to a standstill," and even he was too late... I don't even think he can pull a stunt like Supes did in the first movie and spin the Earth backwards to reverse time, since the bomb affects time itself. Plus he'd have to be close enough to the Earth to be affected by the blast himself.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Dudley » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:48 am

That was a whole lot of wait to see nothing happen.
The sensible thing to do is to go six months to a year without reading the comic then play catch-up, because this is getting a little ridiculous.

Postby achthenuts » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:41 am

To me is this: Honey Doom does rustled Monkey's Jimmies...
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby gamefan » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:44 am

Probably the next update ( I hope no ) is how the explosion look from the outer space, maybe around Mars or something. XD
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 am

It would be cool but in all seriousness, No...

I agree with Birdofterror on this one.
Though I do enjoy watching things suffer and gigantic explosions, It has gotten a little old.
If you eat your favourite ice cream your whole life, by the end, it will taste like sulphuric-fucking-acid.

That was me.
Don't forget. If I remember correctly, we got a clue that the bomb works with/ effects gravity.
Last edited by Wallow Blacklake on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:50 am

Wallow Blacklake wrote:It would be cool but in all seriousness, No...

I agree with Birdofterror on this one.
Though I do enjoy watching things suffer and gigantic explosions, It has gotten a little old.
If you eat your favourite ice cream your whole life, by the end, it will taste like sulphuric-fucking-acid.

That was me.
Don't forget. If I remember correctly, we got a clue that the bomb works with/ effects gravity.

Yeah sorry, you only post like once a month and I forgot your name. I didn't mention the gravity thing because it seems like something that's worth knowing if you REALLY want to know.

I mean, once the end result is clear to everyone; the logistics behind planetary gravity harnessing will likely NOT be a major part of the Comic.

Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:00 pm

you're wrong on that Birdot, in... a few ways, but not all, interestingly.

And BTW: if Bleedman weren't commissioning smut and drawing GTFO (which even Griddles objected to specifically AS the person to be writing on it, but Bleed ignored us all and we're kinda touchy about it) more than drawing SB and PpGD, these pages would come out faster and feel like less of a disappointment when it comes to pacing. Seriously. I wanted all these big sad pages to hit you guys all in a week, like, two or three wham wham wham, so it would feel like a cut to the character quickly, (which, in my humble opinion, does feel that way if you read it from the beginning at the pace you read an entire story).

Despite his entire writing staff, and think about that for a moment - THE GUY HAS A TEAM OF WRITERS - his entire staff telling him "don't do GTFO, and stop with the loli stuff, please please please please please", Bleedman keeps commissioning things we don't want him to commission, and diving into an idea of GT that all the writers said "what, why? you've got it at a point where it would be amazing to let it hiatus, and then you can concept out your ideas for this new idea and polish it before you release it" but nope, seat of our pants WHAT WILL BE WILL BE spew that makes me, DMajor and Grids feel pretty irrelevant some days.

We're a bit depressed about him deciding to do relatively unhealthy things taking precedence over the comics. If he or Dave were to come into the forum and read this: We're just sad that the two of you aren't allowing even a dialogue that could make us feel less bad, like we did something wrong, and because you have the power to ignore us, you exercise that power. It makes us sad. *SHRUG*

Seriously. To everyone: I am sorry that this page feels depressing because it feels STALE, and not dramatic, and am honestly irritated by the apathy both Dave and Bleedman show to this site and its forums, not recognizing that they are such a good resource. >:\

So I implore everyone to email sharkrobot with Heartfelt Entreaties to Dave, with "Respond to BR, Please" in the title. Seriously. I need to get his attention SOMEHOW. :(
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby DMajorBoss » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:47 am

I'm going to put my own two cents in on all of this.

BR is right in terms of page pacing and such. I'm pretty patient, so I don't mind if SB takes a bit of time to get out. I plan and organize so that, when things are ready, they can move forward nicely. I do my best with things.

That said, it' definitely irking when your voice isn't always heard. I'm not gonna front and say that Bleedman never helped me, though. He's given me advice before, did a pic or two before (on his DA; I think that pic got me a lot of views and viewers one weekend), and I see him as a friend. I don't even mind the work that he does on the side.

Two thing, though. Thing one: if we focused more on the comic and less on the side pics, we'd indeed get out more for everyone to see and enjoy (slight spoiler: SB should have ended by now). Thing two: if your entire writing team tells you that something may be a bad idea, even if we are "writers," there's a good chance that we have reason for voicing our opinions. It may be a good idea to hear us and find out why.

I'm not mad or upset, I admit. I'm...very patient, I'll say. I just hope that, as things go on, certain aspects of "this and that" improve.
All that has ever been created was done so for a reason, even if that reason is just for it to be.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 am

Well, to DmMajor and BR I'm sure you have already heard my 2 cents on this as well. At least the Bleedman thing.

I understand where he is coming from. This isn't the part where I say "But he could be doing ------" no, I still agree with what he is doing at this moment. We are all only human, and being told by 50 or slightly less people constantly to do something all the time would get infuriating and/or fatiguing.

One side saying 'stop lolicon' another side saying 'hey, can you draw some lolicon for me? I have cash!' I mean- shit. The guy makes money off of this stuff. I mean, the way you guys sound it makes it seem like you guys are the leaders in this relationship... forgive me if I sound disrespectful but isn't BLEEDMAN the leader? I mean, without him everyone- including this site fall apart. Maybe not the spam forum, but everywhere else.

I'm not sure if people agree with me on this. I know one guy pretty high up that does though. I've used the pretty funny line "Bleedman's on the Lazy version of a Strike" and it seems kind of true.

Guy's just tired and wants to do some stuff on his own right now. I seriously doubt he wants to abandon us all, but he's just taking an artistic break right now. Shit, probably not even that since he's still making these.

And he's not like Dave. He still posts his shit here. He won't abandon us, but I think we are taking him for Granted. We shouldn't be angry at Bleedman.

If you want MY artistic license for what he could have done during these pages under the premise that slow posting ruins the conveyance of sadness- he could of just split each part in half, and posted two different parts per page. Like a gruesome and sad montage. You could have easily split this Monkey part in less than half.

One panel would have him Rip Battus in half. The other would show him crying; looking at the world. Not only is that not 3 pages, that isn't 3 panels AND we end up where we need to be.

And it's not the wait in between pages that makes it lose its splendor- it's the AMOUNT of pages. Considering no matter which side of the fence this apocalypse wants to sit on; no-one is going to remember this anyway- or they are going to die in the first place.

None of this sadness matters in the slightest in the long run, does it? Unless that one silver guy from the Ghost Ship comes and saves the day- but I think everyone forgot about him anyway.

Bird oft Error

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:48 am

Let me stop you right there, Bird.

Bleedman's writing team is a grand total of three people. Some do more talking than others and we've all got our strengths and weaknesses. I'll admit I'm probably the most outspoken of the three. Meantime, we know full well who is primarily responsible for the hentai. He's a member here. We've seen the crap he's had Bleed make for him - really stupid, needless stuff that devalues the characters depicted within. BeeAre has introduced his head to his desk many times when exposed to that kind of material. The arrogance they tend to display when bragging about that material doesn't help matters.

Bleedman's art is NOT a status symbol. Commissions are ultimately reflective of the buyer's interests. So if you have a comic of Olga fucking her own brother, that's on your own head. Meantime, our heads hurt in unison.

Bleed might make money off that sort of thing, sure. But the hentai's never coloured. The rates would be rock bottom. Compare that to a coloured image he'd do for me, back in the day - one that I could freely exhibit and not crop, cut and taunt people with "Nyaa nyaa I won't show you this only my friends can see it". That would be $50 a character. Expensive, yes. Reputable, yes. And if he's making five times the income on a single picture, it's a far more veritable means of income. He could drop his rates, sure, to make his product more accessible. But getting rid of the loli hentai and the one or two people who indulge in it won't make the money dry up. To suggest he'd be lost without it is ridiculous.

Bleedman's allowed to do his own thing. We've no problems with that. But it's when these proclivities get in the way of what's important that we really begin to shake our heads. I'm dealing with a situation in the upcoming GT page where his proclivities shine through at the expense of character credibility or basic common sense. We'll see how that goes. And I'll repeat what BeeAre said above - GTFO was not meant to happen. At least not yet. It's an example, much like the fight in Sugarbits, of Bleed ignoring the opinions of those who work closest with him and acting on impulse. I only continue to do GTFO cos of the respect I have for Mimi as a developing character (this is partially why I have a problem with the next page) and the respect I have for Bleed as a work partner after 7 years of helping him out.

BeeAre, DMajor and I have plans for Bleed. Plans that will benefit Dave, Shark Robot and these forums. We aim to make Bleed more than he is right now and inject new life into this place. The redecoration the forums went through this past month is just the start. But it won't mean shit if we don't get Bleed's and Dave's focus on what's important.

Cos that's why the important comics (PPGD, and moreso SB) are slow. That's why we're pissed off. That's why we hope that the one or two idiot commissioners (you probably know them too) would kindly fuck off and find someone else to pull their dicks with.

I won't derail this thread further. PM me if you need more clarification.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Mir@k » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:00 am

I bet one of them is NU-*shot*
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:09 am

Damn. Mir@k has been shot.

Mmk, I'll move this into PM's. After all I love learning more about Bleedman.

Bird oft Error

Postby punzil504 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

BeeAre wrote:We're a bit depressed about him deciding to do relatively unhealthy things taking precedence over the comics. If he or Dave were to come into the forum and read this: We're just sad that the two of you aren't allowing even a dialogue that could make us feel less bad, like we did something wrong, and because you have the power to ignore us, you exercise that power. It makes us sad. *SHRUG*

I'm glad you mentioned this, BeeAre. It's one of the things that's been... concerning me since I stepped out of "lurk" mode and actually started voicing my opinion, but it also treads close to one of "the rules" about contacting Bleedman.

My concern is the fact that in the couple of years I've been visiting the forums, I've never seen a single comment by Bleedman about his work. I go to Sluggy Freelance, and Pete Abrams has an update about the state of the comic. Jeff Darlington of GPF discusses potential spoilers with his fans in the forum. Tarol Hunt of Goblins... same thing. If Bleedman wanted a model for "selling smut" and producing a successful story at the same time, look at Drowtales. Krazy Krow, Ian MacDonald, Phil and Kaja Foglio, I could rattle off a bunch of other names...

I know in the rules section, Dave states point blank that Bleedman rarely visits the forums, and rattles off a whole bunch of reasons why, and that's fine. But this is where the real feedback is. Not on DA where you get a bunch of people asking you to draw something for them and "OMG your work is AWESOME, LOL." Even in DA, I don't seem him critique his own work, though, even to defend it... (Aku/Blossom pic for example). It gives the impression that he's distanced himself from the fans, however unintentional (or even inaccurate).
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby BeeAre » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 pm

DMajorBoss wrote:To clarify, I have no problem with what Bleed draws on the side. My main point was that, sometimes, I'd rather that the side things were a little "less" so that the comics can be "more."

But, again, I'm very patient on a lot of things. I don't mind the wait, so long a things get done. I just hope that no fan or appreciator feels neglected...though, if you're one of his commissioners, you probably aren't.
Last edited by BeeAre on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weird Deletion problem
BR

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)