War Never Changes - OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: War Never Changes - OOC

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 am

Timer wrote:This calls for a road trip ;)
Might want to reconsider that. The trip to the west coast during post-apocalypse ain't like a trip to the Rockies, that's for sure. Super mutants, CAZADORS, deathclaws and when you reach further west you will encounter Caesar's Legion and its massive 80-something tribe-wide empire. Apparently it's insanely huge- and they don't take kindly to strong independent women.

They are usually left alone if they are members of a caravan and have open trade with the Legion... but if you really want to risk your life and your dignity traveling cross country to get some soda, be my guest. I am not here to tell you what to do, I am here to tell you the world around you.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:48 am

Timer wrote:
Birdofterror wrote: No sunset Saspirilla here though, that there's a western beverage.

Lizz will be very upset, it was one of her favorite drinks as a child :P

This calls for a road trip ;)

That's a thought, since we are in a RP setting could we have the possibility of vehicles? Yes the games didn't have them cus well Besthesda can barely get a horse right let alone a highly technological vehicle be it bike or car. I mean it wouldn't be hard to fix one up with so many spares lieing around.

Edit: Another thought, what about skills that could be improved through practice? Such as my above statement of fixing a car or bike up, not dangerous work but would improve repair. Another example is working out in a downtime moment as my character would do being so impatient, such as boxing on a punching bag or just hitting the batting cages with 'Old Trusty'.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 am

Archrival wrote:
Timer wrote:
Birdofterror wrote: No sunset Saspirilla here though, that there's a western beverage.

Lizz will be very upset, it was one of her favorite drinks as a child :P

This calls for a road trip ;)

That's a thought, since we are in a RP setting could we have the possibility of vehicles? Yes the games didn't have them cus well Besthesda can barely get a horse right let alone a highly technological vehicle be it bike or car. I mean it wouldn't be hard to fix one up with so many spares lieing around.

(It was also that way for Fallout 1 and 2...)

I think it had something to do with over-oxidation after the bombs hit. All the gasoline like... freaking vanished over time. Not to mention the fires and radiation after the nukes exploded might have ignited nearby sources of fuel.

With no gasoline, conventional cars would be nearly impossible to power. To my knowledge the only locomotives ever re-mastered were certain Trains and a single B-52 Bomber piloted by the Vault descendents the Boomers. People usually rely on their feet nowadays.

It wouldn't be impossible, but claiming old world gasoline would be due to the fact that it no longer exists. You will likely need to find something else to ride.

Edit:
Edit: Another thought, what about skills that could be improved through practice? Such as my above statement of fixing a car or bike up, not dangerous work but would improve repair. Another example is working out in a downtime moment as my character would do being so impatient, such as boxing on a punching bag or just hitting the batting cages with 'Old Trusty'.
In new Vegas the ghoul mechanic Raul was hired/kidnapped by Super Mutants to fix a car along the way. Even as a skilled mechanic (100/100) he said it was 'out of his league.' The logistics that go into fixing something that no longer has existing fuel are too great.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 am

Or even perhaps creating a nice steam engine based vehicle...I do know Timer is actually quite the technological nut having made a steam punk based item in a DnD game. Skill is only matched by the creativity of the person, think outside the box enough and sure that skill can create something.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

Archrival wrote:Or even perhaps creating a nice steam engine based vehicle...I do know Timer is actually quite the technological nut having made a steam punk based item in a DnD game.

As I said before trains were somewhat remastered in New Vegas. If you did the Old World Blues DLC and talk to the    FLOATING BRAINS!!!    they would tell you that    THE OTHER COURIER    activated the trains and crashed them into each other to jam the tunnels.

It's likely they found old caches of Coal to power the train, or even made their own. Unlike gas, Coal should be able to survive open air for a couple hundred years before clunking then just blowing away in the wind. So a steam based vehicle could work, just remember steam engines are usually VERY big so whatever you make would likely resemble a tank.

Edit: Wait, he did what in a DnD game? How the hell do you pull that off?!

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 am

Or could even be mined if looking in the right location, but I see your point. Would be nice to travel in a easier manner than just walking around the place.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:08 am

I threw so many different research requests at the dm for different parts of the machine that i don't think he knew exactly what i was building.

In the end he worked it out, and gave me a Very difficult DC to put it together.
Critical pass.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:11 am

Timer wrote:I threw so many different research requests at the dm for different parts of the machine that i don't think he knew exactly what i was building.

In the end he worked it out, and gave me a Very difficult DC to put it together.
Critical pass.

What did you end up building? A tank?

I roll to snipe the dragon with my howitzer.

From the range you will need an 18 or higher.

*Roll*
*20*

The dragon fucking explodes, granting you 5000 experience points.

Bird oft Error

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:15 am

We had a steam ship, and a armoured steam carriage with a repeating siege bow on the roof (another one of giddeons invention.) So yeah a tank practically :p

I wonder if we could build a car using electric motors and Hyper-breeder weapons as batteries :p

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:18 am

See, creativity tempered by skill.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 am

Timer wrote:Hyper-breeder weapons as batteries :p

... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...

That's fucking brilliant. It may make your car very hot and radioactive, but damn that's a good idea.

Plasma and Breeders could make a good replacement for combustion fuels. They tend to melt things however, so you will need to find good ways to keep that under control.

Heh, the prospect is fine, but we will see how it turns out in the RP, alright?

Edit: Tired. Getting off. See you tomorrow.

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:31 am

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/35979
More Perks for your perusal.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Timer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:37 am

You use the inbuilt parts of the weapons? The hardest part of the machine would be the conversion of raw plasma to electricity..

I foresee the generator being similar in concept to nuclear reactor.
The plasma weapons taking the part of the heating element, using their own inbuilt mechanisms to funnel the the plasma into a shielded heating chamber, through which you funnel water, which itself becomes steam.
You pump the steam through a turbine/dynamo setup to generate electricity...

The excess plasma could probably channelled through into another chamber where it can be cycled back in to the reactor or out through a external vent... If you weaponised the vent it could probably act as a large bore plasma cannon with the correct application of magnetics and shielding.

... For an idea anyway

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:27 pm

Character Name: 'Dr.' Sid Mek Drake

Bio: Sid was born to a dirt poor family in California. He never had anything... but never needed it either. He was always able to figure out ways of doing fine with what he had. He breezed through school without a care in the world. That kind of attitude came to a stop when he found out how much medical school cost. To him, it was inconceivable. A obstacle stood in his way that he found no way of overcoming. He knew about scholarships and all of that but he simply couldn't bring himself to beg for money. He saw it that way, even if others didn't. So he did the next best thing: he taught himself and lied his ass off. Although he became quite skilled at medicine, he never actually earned a degree, though he told everyone he had. He managed to weasel his way into hospitals, always for a short while before they figured out he didn't have any real documentation.

When things began to go bad, he headed east. He figured the West would be one of the first places hit. He traveled the Mojave and noticed some crazy rich guy was building some kind of super advanced hotel. He didn't bother staying, it was way too expensive, though he did manage to get some more cash by performing first aid. That place was going to crap. He left as soon as he could. He hitchhiked a bit but traveled by bus when he could. When things really were going bad, he managed to sneak himself in by well... He pretended to be part of the staff and when one of the men died on site, he managed to hack the system and give himself the spot. They had terrible security. I mean really, 12345? Who does that anymore?

Strength: 3
Perception: 9
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 9
Luck: 6

Barter: 15
Energy Weapons: 21
Explosives: 21
Guns: 36 (TAG)
Lockpick: 21
Medicine: 38 (TAG)
Melee Weapons: 9
Repair: 23
Science: 23
Sneak: 21
Speech: 25
Survival: 26 (TAG)
Unarmed: 9

Trait 1: Gifted
Trait 2: Trigger Discipline

Inventory:
x1 9mm Pistol
x2 9mm Ammunition
x1 Geiger Counter
x4 First Aid Kits (Stimpack, Doctor Tools, Med-X)
x1 Vault-122 Membership Card (Forged)
x2 Vault-122 Jumpsuit
Last edited by Geomancer on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Welcome to the wastes. It's only fair that I give you a rundown the same as I gave the others- they seemed to like it pretty well. Only problem I had with your bio is it doesn't seem to explain how your character gets into vault 122... I'm sure it doesn't really matter though. He's there now!

I visualized your character as an intelligent troublemaker, especially based how how he somehow managed to cheat from coast to coast. And 12345? Brilliant. With 'gifted' Intelligence, as well as incredibly high Perception AND Agility, he knows what to look for, how to see it and how to react fast enough. Only downside is his strength and 'slightly lacking' endurance, making him unsuitable for Close Quarters Combat.

Working with a fake degree that is so well forged that even doctors think he is real; it's likely he knows how to create false evidence if it comes to that, as well as the attitude to pull it off. A high survival skill that likely came from Street Smarts based on how to survive a coast to coast trip without being caught and still making money will likely find very much use in the wastes.

Your traits' internal personality seems to go as follows:

Gifted usually makes a character unskilled- but have natural ways of thinking through problems other people could miss altogether, and Trigger Discipline makes a character more patient and less likely to solve problems quick, but more likely to solve complicated problems if given the time.

He is likely naive due to gifted, which is probably why he tried the code '12345.' Who would do that nowadays? Someone who can tell that the security's IQ is lower than their age at a mere glance. With as much time as he needed crossing the country he had all the time in the world to come to such a simple conclusion.

When it comes to the group of people you may or may not be traveling with, you will likely get along with people well... but you may keep to yourself due to Trigger Discipline. Such patience and naturally occurring gifts will likely make him seem like something of a loaner, even with such a high charisma. Being so Naive and patient however, it is likely that he will always tend to 'give orders' to people when he comes to an answer even if the group leader (If it's not him) disagrees with it. Gifted naturally sets people away from other people and makes them seem awkward, at times... and a genius at other.

It also naturally makes you impervious to insults. Being both Gifted and Patient the insults either simply wont connect- or not be true; and even if they are you are too mellow headed to take them to heart. Your character may seem like an enigma at times- but no-one will doubt his natural abilities.

That's what I'm getting from this character.

Bird oft Error

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Yeah, that's what I was going for. That's pretty impressive.

I couldn't help putting in a cameo of the Sierra Madre in there.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 am

Geomancer wrote:Yeah, that's what I was going for. That's pretty impressive.

Bam, 3 for 3. I'm good at this.
Geomancer wrote:I couldn't help putting in a cameo of the Sierra Madre in there.
Am I the only person on Earth that completely detests the Sierra Madre and will in fact skip that DLC all together if I get the chance?

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:24 am

I give any DLC the chance, yes Sierra Madre was frustrating but that's what I kinda enjoyed since I was playing modded NV I had some good stuff from the get go, so Madre actually tested my character.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:41 am

Archrival wrote:I give any DLC the chance, yes Sierra Madre was frustrating but that's what I kinda enjoyed since I was playing modded NV I had some good stuff from the get go, so Madre actually tested my character.

From your lack of hatred I take it you didn't play it on Hardcore? I did it on Hard+Hardcore and went with a high endurance/strength melee build. The amount of times I died was insulting. I died more in that damn DLC than I have in Fallouts 3 and New Vegas and all their other dlcs combined.

It was some horse shit and you didn't even have anything cool to take out of it. Except 2 freaking Speech/Barter clothes. SURE they were nice and all, but GOD DAMN it was not worth it in any way.

And that part where you can lock yourself in the Vault and die? Bullshit- sorry.

Bird oft Error

Postby Archrival » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 am

I did play hardcore actually, but I had a perk that modded my pip-boy to insta inject stims, was hard at first till I got the snow globe then I just bought fuckloads and powered through.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Zako » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:01 am

Can I be a dog?
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 am

Zako wrote:Can I be a dog?

Is that a rhetorical question?

Bird oft Error

Postby Musicmac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:20 am

Sheet! Update!
Will finish tomorrow!
Sleep!
Listen.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 am

Musicmac wrote:Sheet! Update!
Will finish tomorrow!
Sleep!

Yes, well. Once you are done sleeping and post a Bio and fix that one thing I'll post a rundown for your character. After that if the thread doesn't get a post in over 24 hours I'll consider it that we are ready to go so I will actually start it. I feel like we have another person who should post their character- but she/he is fascinated with being a dog so they may not want to play in the first place.

Soon...

Bird oft Error

Postby Timer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Any eta on the ic birdot? ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing