New Grim Tales 9/13/12 - A Dozen Lifeless Years

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 9/13/12 - A Dozen Lifeless Years

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 am

Looks like Him won in more ways then one.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Re: New Grim Tales 9/13/12 - A Dozen Lifeless Years

Postby achthenuts » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:19 am

Ehhh LOL ... paste that ... pincher ? lol
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby NeoVersion7 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:50 am

achthenuts wrote:Paste that ... pincher?

And if that doesn't work... Use more glue...
NeoWarrior7 wrote:Ah, I knew I made my clone too nice.
Nonsensei

Postby Mir@k » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 am

And just like that, my interest in the whole mina thing vanished.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ShadowGT » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:32 pm

I want to know more about what happened to Mina!!!!

Postby punzil504 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Glue's not gonna be good enough. Mimi needs duct tape.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mir@k » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 pm

ShadowGT wrote:I want to know more about what happened to Mina!!!!
Do you really. Any avove-average exaplanation why? The dialogue in this page basically threw a bucket of puke on top of the intrigue that came with seeing a character that used to be human being a vampire. It basically throws away the intrigue with the most overused and boring explanation ever: The count turned mina into a vampire to save her from death.

Does
That
Sound
Familiar?

What does it matter what happened to her? How would that be interesting or relevant to anything other than to give a boring exposition of exactly how Mina got wounded, which isn't important to any plot nor it's interesting because it changes nothing?

I swear if the quality of the writing is going to continue being this shit it's better to read ppgd and sugar tits only, and saying that sugar tits is more worth it than this, it's saying something.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Miss Haru » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:39 pm

oh, Mimi just keeps getting cuter on every page!

and Mina is such a vampire-mary sue type, i have no interest in her
let's just move on shall we?
Mindless Self Indulgence // Tumblr // DeviantArt (hiatus)
Is Not Currently Available

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:19 pm

While the whole "turn someone to save them" thing is a bit cliche, but it does make sense. I mean, most vampires wouldn't know even basic first aid, cause they don't need it, so all they've really got is that one option to save someone else from something dangerous.

Although...I guess, if it had been something slow acting, that would add something, but you can't really expect any other mature reason other than saving them from death to turn a kid into a vampire.

Actually, question time. Ignoring this, and perhaps the last page, can anyone give a good reason why the count would have turned Mina?

I've never watched the show, but I guess I could have done something like, maybe Mina had to move in with the count or something, her previous home being killed or destroyed somehow, and turning Mina into a vampire was a good way to give her protection from enemies of the count, or maybe he'd given into his urges one night (or day I guess).
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mir@k » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:58 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:While the whole "turn someone to save them" thing is a bit cliche, but it does make sense. I mean, most vampires wouldn't know even basic first aid, cause they don't need it, so all they've really got is that one option to save someone else from something dangerous.
It's not about making sense or not, it's about not going for a boring piece of shit garbage explanation. I honestly cannot digest that there was absolutely no other, more interesting and original plot that could be used (even one totally made up), instead they opted for pulling this shit. It's frankly sad and frustrating, like watching a scarab continously ram it's head against a wall until it dies.
MQuinny1234 wrote:Actually, question time. Ignoring this, and perhaps the last page, can anyone give a good reason why the count would have turned Mina?
...Why, is the current page's exposition not enough? In case nobody noticed yet, this whole comic is bananas.
MQuinny1234 wrote:I've never watched the show, but I guess I could have done something like, maybe Mina had to move in with the count or something, her previous home being killed or destroyed somehow, and turning Mina into a vampire was a good way to give her protection from enemies of the count, or maybe he'd given into his urges one night (or day I guess).
I think you're overthinking waaay too much, In the show dracula was a lecherous vampire seeking to bite young and beautiful women, he mistakenly popped in Mina's house and was charmed by her kiddy innocence and that's basically all that drives the show's shenanigans; Dracula dropping by to play with Mina.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:10 pm

The second bit you quoted was intended to see if someone could come up with a more interesting and original plot. For fun, and interest.

The third bit was me, yes, overthinking it, for fun.

Just trying to come up with a more interesting and original scenario for turning someone, and to get the ball rolling.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Good. Back to Mimi.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Grieffon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 pm

"I had to do it to save your life"?

That was so cliche no one could have predicted it. Let's just hope the Mina's file ends here.

Edit:
GridsNaranek wrote:Good. Back to Mimi.

You are still not involved in this?

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:27 pm

GridsNaranek wrote:Good. Back to Mimi.

Whose hair is adorable, btw... Although I'm wondering why her claw fell off...
I mean... FELL OFF.. instead of vanishing into a hand or something... A stub, I guess :(
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:50 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Actually, question time. Ignoring this, and perhaps the last page, can anyone give a good reason why the count would have turned Mina?

I can think of two one not so nice, one REALLY not so nice. The lesser one would be Mina coming to live with the count, and him turning her to keep out of further trouble (in the show, it is apparently illegal by monster law for a monster to have a healthy relationship with a mortal. The count only got through the last time because of some quick thinking by Igor.) The less pleasant one (since it would mean that the count knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he turned her, was that the Count did it to purposely keep Mina from ageing, that he was so selfish he was willing to deny her the right to grow up JUST SO he'd always have a little girl to play with (that came out sounding waay dirtier than I planned ;) )
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:07 pm

The selfish one would definitely be interesting. The first suggestion would be refreshing.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Count had a voice in his ear at the exact point of her turning (a voice who'd revisit him) but the exact circumstances will be in Mina's file.

Assuming people wanna look into it, that is.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Mir@k » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Fuck that shit.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby punzil504 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Having seen the cartoon, I won't dispute the fact that the count loves Mina. Part of the humor of the cartoon was the fact that the Count deconstructed the typical vampire trope to protect this little girl... someone he shouldn't really care about for much more than the midnight snack for which she was originally intended. He would have made a deal with Him himself to save her. According to Grids' post, he did do something like that... whether it was a mistake or not is to be determined. Mina & the Count's continuing argument does not do anything to quell the dispute over why he turned her in the first place, and dismissing it as cliche without all the facts is foolish.

Like it or not, the focus is supposed to be shifting back to Mimi, however. It appears that she has some measure of control over her powers, since she's no longer reverting to her human self, but she's still rather discombobulated.

One more thing... a "dozen" lifeless years? hopefully that's just a title, and not canon reality. That would make Mina 19 years old here, based on the fact that she was 7 years old in the cartoon. Other posters have previously commented that anything less than 60 years is nothing for her to be complaining about, and certainly put her still in the "angsty teenager" age group, since she could still be considered an adolescent, even if "legally" an adult.

I personally find her more sympathetic in her tweens than in her teens, even if the difference is only a couple of years... a couple of years makes a huge difference to an adolescent.

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Allow me to clarify.

Notice Count's line about the 'first four years'. Whatever it was that prompted Count to use the Impaler's Kiss, it occurred four years after they first met. They had adventures together and then whatever happened to Mina happened when she was 11. Her body is 11 years old, not 7.

Count may have developed a sense of complacency during those four years and so when whatever happened happened, it was sudden and shattering. The voice in his ear didn't help.

As for the dozen years, it's not really a direct indication but give or take. Mina is, literally, around 23 or 24 (someone on the previous thread also hit the nail with that number) despite being bodylocked.

That's all for Mina.

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Hmm~ . The "no human/ monster relations" intrigues me.
I agree with punzil504, let's not fight tooth and nail over theories when we don't know the whole story.

I do however have a possible scenario that could hold some ground,
though I fear if I express it, I could get too close and spoil it with my over-analytical banter.
If you guys want to here it, please tell me.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Mir@k » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 pm

GridsNaranek wrote:That's all for Mina.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby punzil504 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm

GridsNaranek wrote:Allow me to clarify.

Notice Count's line about the 'first four years'. Whatever it was that prompted Count to use the Impaler's Kiss, it occurred four years after they first met. They had adventures together and then whatever happened to Mina happened when she was 11. Her body is 11 years old, not 7.

Count may have developed a sense of complacency during those four years and so when whatever happened happened, it was sudden and shattering. The voice in his ear didn't help.

As for the dozen years, it's not really a direct indication but give or take. Mina is, literally, around 23 or 24 (someone on the previous thread also hit the nail with that number) despite being bodylocked.

That's all for Mina.

At the risk of repeating myself, that four years does make a difference to me... Thank you for clarifying. Now back to Mimi...

Postby Littlisk » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:40 am

Shit girl, get it together.

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:41 pm

As mentioned in the PPGD thread, the next page is undergoing some tweaks cos frankly, Bleed presented a rather unacceptable scenario as far as Mimi's presently concerned. Have not heard back from him yet so I consider the page 'on hold' til I get more word from him.

Meantime, there's no Mina in the next page so the focus is definitely back on Mimi. Once this story's done, I'll once again try to get Bleed to rest the series so he can focus on more important stuff, especially Sugarbits.

No guarantees. Regardless, has this story and WHAM before it endeared Mimi to you as readers? I hope we don't need ANOTHER story focusing on her after this...

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)