Gold Card Club / General Changes Discussion

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Gold Card Club / General Changes Discussion

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 pm

You'd be surprised how nobody ever thought of helping the forum until we started giving gold colored names to people. c:
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Hardly, BR got admin powers, starting modding people, and then asked for help, and some spoke up I guess, then decided the best course is an exclusive elitist club. It all happened at once, pretty much.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:12 pm

You seem to be pretty misinformed then, and angry, to booth.

You and bob saget are beggining to look alike, in that you're both bitching without suggesting anything to improve the situation, i'm sorry for saying this while also having a gold name, but it's sort of true. And that's the last you'll hear from me unless you're up for discussing actual things that matter instead of taking continous dumps on whatever work-in-progress attempts BeeAre and everyone else does.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: Gold Card Club Discussion

Postby Marquis de Soth » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Just as a reminder to everyone:

BeeAre wrote:Discuss here issues pertaining to the forum at large. Include solutions, if you can, please. Do not just say "this sucks", if you can help it. Offer ideas to counteract what you believe is a possible bad decision.

You're free to whine and complain but it doesn't help us unless there is a discussion with alternatives provided.
Marquis de Soth

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:30 pm

My alternative is just to have an open forum to discuss ways to "improve" the forum. And votes or something, I guess. My suggestion is that a caste system other than the mod/admin distinctions is a terrible idea and detrimental to the forum.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

You know why we don't have an "open" forum for people to discuss stuff in? Here's a brilliant example why. Because we need to have a bar, and we need to set it at a moderate height for us to actually go somewhere. I'll admit the first recollection of people who wanted to help were not considered much and were golded right then and there due to past contributions, but we're also looking for people who know what they're saying and doing. Even if it doesn't look like it, we have coders, artists, and lots of useful people actually doing something more than just typing suggestive words on a screen, and that's an additional roster of skills that are useful for this kind of project.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Now, before you jump on me, what i said before does not mean common people cannot join, but we're looking to make a group of people that mean something more than just enthusiastic folk without precedents of greatness, wether it's by skill or by wit, that's the whole deal of the group.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, perhaps the issue is I frankly doubt the necessity of the project to begin with. I sure didn't sign up for the massive sweeping changes that appear to be proposed.

Changing a few spots and adding a few features is one thing, revamping the layout and appearance sounds like more than we need. Unless I'm misinterpreting what, exactly, you're even trying to accomplish, so maybe a mission plan would be nice so we even know what this "Gold Card Club" is even supposed to do beyond the incredibly vague and open to interpretation term of "improving the forum".
For the Greater Good

Postby Morpheus » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:07 pm

The gold card club in the end will be a group of guides and helpers to those new to the forums.
At this moment it's being used as way to gain ideas to bring the forum up to date.
This will help with keeping those that may have once lost interest quickly.

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Mir@k wrote:You seem to be pretty misinformed then, and angry, to booth.

You and bob saget are beggining to look alike, in that you're both bitching without suggesting anything to improve the situation, i'm sorry for saying this while also having a gold name, but it's sort of true. And that's the last you'll hear from me unless you're up for discussing actual things that matter instead of taking continous dumps on whatever work-in-progress attempts BeeAre and everyone else does.

Here's the suggestion to improve things then: Get rid of the Gold club.

That would be an improvement.

It is unnecessary. We have so many active mods now that they should be able to handle the job of improving the forum or whatever.

If you want input from forumers about how to improve the forum, then perhaps make a thread like this one and leave it stickied where people can just go and suggest things and discuss said changes. Who gives a shit if they're a veteran or if they've been here a week. All that really matters is the quality of their ideas/suggestions.

No matter how many times you say 'it's not going to turn into an elitist club' it's always going to look that way to outsiders. What Bob said pretty much hit the nail on the head. The colored name has no purpose. If you're that interested in helping the forum you should do so without the incentive of having a different colored name. I'm not really seeing the gold forum being used anyway. If changes are coming then shouldn't those people be involved if that's what the whole intent of the gold club is? I don't see much discussion in there about anything in particular. But that's not really a complaint. I'd prefer the mods to be the ones to have the discussions and make the decisions.

Also I vote not to change the forum color scheme. This one is good.
Never asked for this

Postby DaCrum » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:20 pm

So my two-sense on the whole Gold Club thing.

People are too butthurt over it.

In a way, it is very good to have though since as a gold member, there is a certain expectation in the way you act, and the way you keep up with the forum. You're expected to be helpful, and active, and around. Expected to give creative ideas to improve the forum. That is incredibly useful to ensure that this forum doesn't degenerate into a total shithole.

Really, my only issue is with the discussion on who gets gold status. From what I understand, it is mostly decided by Mirak, Lily, Hiryu, and BR, correct?
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Not me crum. Lily, hiryu and br yes, but not me.

To elaborate, I have the ability to gold people, but i haven't golded anyone, nor been asked about my opinion on whoever gets golded nor have i offered any input on that.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Two cents, you dingus.
Never asked for this

Postby DaCrum » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Thank you Dorian for continuing to be positive and helpful to all discussions you take part in.

Mirak: I feel personally that maybe the control of the influx into the Gold Club should be spread out over more than what is more pragmatically 2 people (since BR is dealing with fuckall all the time). Not meaning to criticize either Lily or Hiryu but I feel the more people who decide who gets in and out, the more objective it is.
inb4"youjustwantinstopwhining"
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:39 pm

To be honest i agree with you. I wanted to gold a few people i deemed would be good for some things, and was told they didn't fit the "requisites", while some people i absolutely wouldn't have ever golded had gold names before i could even say quack.

Everything right now is a bit disorganized and we're not 100% sure about what things will be good for changing and which won't be, but as we've said countless times before, everything that's happening right now is a work in progress, something that is not going to stick nor is permanent until we see which things work and which don't, something a few honest to god fucktarded imbeciles that in their whole time in snafu never, ever, lifted a single finger in favor of the improvement of this site, can't get through their rock hard retard skulls, but yes, every suggestion counts and that one you just made is a very important one that at least we're aware of and will definitely change.

I'd wager that most people with gold names are going to lose them after we've scrapped this wip system for a better strategy. We're throwing things to the wall and we plan to take the ones that stick and that's it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:53 pm

i dont know if my thread was used in a positive way or negative? its not for the type of discussion neo wants. its for me to tell people how far im getting and what im currently working on.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Dark Dragon » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:43 pm

One thing I think some of you are forgetting is that the "gold club" (I hate that name by the way.) is very likely temporary and will hopefully change to something different. I'm very disappointed in the direction things are going, I wanted on board to help out on reorganizing the site. I've seen no progress discussed on the forums. If there's some kind of gold/moderator discussion going on OUTSIDE the forums, it's pretty damn annoying.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:01 am

@Mirak
I actually made a suggestion in that gold card application thread before this thread existed that you guys should become the platinum club as it would be a less offensive color. It could be any color that didn't stand out so badly.*

But yeah, as much as you claim "visual incentive", that's pretty much bullshit. Are the mods working on this forum because they wanted a pretty color for their name? Are you trying to help this forum because you like your name in gold?

I mean I can't really guess to your motives, but I'd hope not.

*Honestly, this is all I really want. That and for you guys to not change the forum design.
Last edited by BobSagat on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Riz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 am

do you think that the color of the "online" indication is clashing with the forum colors? cuz it's purdy much the same color. how about you petition to get that changed too?
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:06 am

It's tiny in comparison. Doesn't show up when browsing boards and can only be seen within threads.
2pro

Postby Izanagi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:46 am

Oh yeah. I forgot. People outside of Spam don't know that the Gold Card Club is a title based on an inside joke. Huh.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby BobSagat » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:54 am

Oh so it is Spam's personal club.
2pro

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:12 am

where did said joke originate?
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Riz » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:19 am

BobSagat wrote:Oh so it is Spam's personal club.

yeah, that's why there's people not from spam in it. yep.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Izanagi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:32 am

BobSagat wrote:Oh so it is Spam's personal club.

Oh sorry, I suppose I wasn't aware that Vegedus, Rival, Ro Wong, Dorian, and Archrival were natives of Spam. My apologies.

I said it was an inside joke that Spam has, not that it was a club for Spam. If it was only for Spam, we'd only have Spammers in the group. If it was only for Spam, this thread wouldn't be global. If it was only for Spam, discussions about it wouldn't take place in nearly every subforum.

Get your head outta your ass.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!