Who is your favorite superhero ?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Who is your favorite superhero ?

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Joker-Undead wrote:I am more of a Kamen-Rider fan.

Then who's your favorite Kamen Rider? I like Faiz but that doesn't mean he's my favorite super hero.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:
Joker-Undead wrote:I am more of a Kamen-Rider fan.

Then who's your favorite Kamen Rider? I like Faiz but that doesn't mean he's my favorite super hero.

Well, I like Black-RX, Ryuki, Kabuto, W, OOO, Fourze and the new rider Wizard.

You know about Kamen-Rider Faiz?
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:48 pm

He was the first rider I was ever introduced to. I would not get into the series later until Kamen Rider Decade, where I would be introduced to a variety of riders due to his rider motif. Faiz would be the first rider series I would finish, followed by OOO and Fourze, in which Gentaro Kisaragi reminded me of Josuke Higashikata from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rival » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:47 pm

My favorite superhero is the Rapeman. I have never read or watched anything with him in it, but just the knowledge that such a franchise exists, catapults him to number 1 easily.

Seriously though, if I had to choose, Silver Surfer I guess.

Most of my favorite fictional heroic protagonists don't really qualify as superheroes.

And the ones I loved as a kid, like Batman and Spider-Man, I kinda still like, but got a bit bored with, too many reboots, different versions in each media, characters appearing in issues written by bad writers etc. etc. Reading/watching the origin story for the n'th time can get boring. For me anyway. I realize for millions of people seeing different takes on a familiar character they love, is all part of the charm, but 20 different versions and a new version every 2-3 years, is overkill for me.

Part of why I love Batman TAS is that it feels so definite and timeless. Like people could watch it in 2092 with no prior knowledge of the characters and it'll still be as entertaining, I suspect. Like a Marx Brothers movie.
Rosso Rose wrote:We shouldn't confuse fans of the comic still though, whether or not it has a plot at all.

What "we"? Have you and I become comic artists and co-writers of TW and no one notified me? Or am I part of some collective with you? Cause I swear, I thought the last State Agricultural Farm got liquidated in 1991, but maybe all this time I was part of one together with you and didn't know!? Or do you address yourself with the royal "we" and at the same time are "the man behind the man" and the true creator of TW?

Why should a comic have a plot in order for it to say that it has ended? That doesn't make any sense.

Look mac, my last attempt at explaining this to you in a serious manner. TW was a gag comic of entirely self-contained one-shots, no real recurring characters, no storyline, all I'm saying is that a "the end" would look weird on the last one-shot, when the only thing tying the one-shots together into a single project was the title. And that's even if it had been clear that it'd be last strip when it was being made, which I already explained wasn't the case, I can get disagreeing, but not it "making no sense".

To me, it sounds as if you're saying that the TW comic hasn't ended contrary to what you're saying.

Yes mate, in the same sentence, I've managed to say a thing contrary to the one I was saying. I'm a master of verbal paradox.

One-shots. Self-contained. Last strip.Wasn't planned to be last originally. Comic over anyway.

Professor. Lava. Hot.

And I realize that my reply is unproportionally huge and mean-spirited, and of course, I have objectively better ways to waste my time, but within three replies you've managed to remind me why I haven't been missing message boards over the last few months.

If you were a newbie I would never do this, but you've been here over 2 years.

Imagine being me: *Boy, writing that paper sure was tiring, time to relax, oh yeah I've been visiting Snafu more often over the last few days, time to viasit my favorite nostalgic section* *Rosso's reply* *facepalm through face*

I just decided to squeeze some entertainment out of this reply.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Joker-Undead » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:35 am

Rosso Rose wrote:He was the first rider I was ever introduced to. I would not get into the series later until Kamen Rider Decade, where I would be introduced to a variety of riders due to his rider motif. Faiz would be the first rider series I would finish, followed by OOO and Fourze, in which Gentaro Kisaragi reminded me of Josuke Higashikata from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4.

I was introduced to Kamen-Rider from Saban's Masked-Rider (the spin-off of Power-Rangers) would you beleave. That show used footage from Black-RX and two Kamen-Rider movies, ZO & J, badly I might add. Even back then when I did know much about Kamen-Rider, I could still tell that the suits were different.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:04 am

God, that was a horrible adaption of Kamen Rider Black RX. Saban should even be lucky that the first Rider-Ranger crossover in history kept that series alive in the first place. Let me know If it wasn't.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 am

Rosso Rose wrote:God, that was a horrible adaption of Kamen Rider Black RX. Saban should even be lucky that the first Rider-Ranger crossover in history kept that series alive in the first place. Let me know If it wasn't.

Speaking of crossovers, have you seen the Kamen-Rider Decade/Shinkenger crossover two-parters?
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Panty Anarchy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Please stay on topic.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Warbear wrote:Please stay on topic.

But we are, these are Japanese Super Heroes we're talking about. I'll you that the Japanese Spider-Man which resulted into Super Sentai having giant robot battles. If any of you didn't know that, yes, Spider-Man was responsible for all of that, and If it weren't for him, Power Rangers wouldn't have had a Mega Zord in the first place.

I've seen the Decade-Shinkenger crossover also, that was so terrific.

Also, one thing I would like to note about American and Japanese Super Heroes is that they're different because of it being based on how people from America and Japan define "God." Joker-Undead's preference regarding favorite super heroes is quite different for this reason also, so I thought it would be a good idea to help him out while staying on topic. I have some of this information here explained by Crispin Freeman if anyone's interested starting at 13:24: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfd0TY7lEKc

I'm just saying that we have different ways of seeing super heroes. I'm just trying to help out someone here who doesn't really have a preference towards the super heroes most of us are quite used to.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:56 am

You're discussing Kamen Rider and that's not the point of the thread.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:30 am

Warbear wrote:You're discussing Kamen Rider and that's not the point of the thread.

Kamen-Rider is a superhero series that I like very much. Like Rosso Rose says, people can like diffierent superheroes, and the Kamen-Riders are heroes I personally like. I hope that clears some things up for you.

Rosso Rose wrote:But we are, these are Japanese Super Heroes we're talking about. I'll you that the Japanese Spider-Man which resulted into Super Sentai having giant robot battles. If any of you didn't know that, yes, Spider-Man was responsible for all of that, and If it weren't for him, Power Rangers wouldn't have had a Mega Zord in the first place.

I've seen the Decade-Shinkenger crossover also, that was so terrific.

Also, one thing I would like to note about American and Japanese Super Heroes is that they're different because of it being based on how people from America and Japan define "God." Joker-Undead's preference regarding favorite super heroes is quite different for this reason also, so I thought it would be a good idea to help him out while staying on topic. I have some of this information here explained by Crispin Freeman if anyone's interested starting at 13:24: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfd0TY7lEKc

I'm just saying that we have different ways of seeing super heroes. I'm just trying to help out someone here who doesn't really have a preference towards the super heroes most of us are quite used to.

That god thing's new to me, but I see where your coming form. A little side note here, I also like heroes like Kikaider, The Super-Sentai series (the original version of Power-Rnagers) the Metal-Heroes series and GARO.

Also I thought had a pretty good Idea to let the Sentai & Rider have crossovers.

We might as well get back on topic for now. Sorry if I wasted anyone's time. I might as well let other people have a say about superheroes.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Remni » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm

The Darkness, I shouldnt have to say much more than that. Most badass anti-hero ever made. He got his own minions even. And he's a mob boss. How the hell can you get better than that?
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Bastard » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Spider-man. Hands down, man, hands down.
Please excuse my poor grammar...
Pokemon White FC: 4900 4147 1212
Im quite sure Im an unwanted little jerk here arent I That almost hurts

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 am

Batman and Iron Man.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Bastard » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am

Also great choices. I like how they both involve money, though

Postby Saint Soul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:24 am

It is the greatest super power.

Postby Bastard » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 am

Can't argue with that.

Postby IcyBoomer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm thinking to say Hulk but you may deny it how about Pedobear he's not retired :grin:
Darkness is Light

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 pm

We are talking about legit comic book hero's. not some internet meme/fad.

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:54 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:We are talking about legit comic book hero's. not some internet meme/fad.

Speaking of which. There is a comic-book hero I like, a manga superhero named Skull-Man, wh was created by Shotaro Ishinomori (the same guy who created the Kamen-Rider).
The 1998 manga is a remake of the original manga. Skull Man revolves around Tatsuo Kagura, who early in his life was subjected to several mutating science experiments that ended up giving him amazing powers and skills. Longing revenge for the murder of his parents he becomes Skull Man, a shadowy crusader who battles The Syndicate and its evil leader Rasputin.

The story begins abruptly with a woman who possesses immense psychic powers killing a man, only to then be attacked herself by a man who can become a bat, a wolf or an alligator named Garo. Garo is revealed to be Skull Man’s childhood protector and present ally in the coming war against Rasputin and his hordes of evil mutants. Skull Man makes allies, loses comrades and dies in combat with a lethal mutant as in the first book. What follows is a trip into the world of shadows and the evil within all of us.
"Why so Serious?"

Postby Guardian » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 am

Iron Man, ftw.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 pm

The billionaire Playboys for the win.

Postby Valhallen » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:00 am

Remni wrote:The Darkness, I shouldnt have to say much more than that. Most badass anti-hero ever made. He got his own minions even. And he's a mob boss. How the hell can you get better than that?
Hmm.

Postby Bastard » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Valhallen wrote:
Remni wrote:The Darkness, I shouldnt have to say much more than that. Most badass anti-hero ever made. He got his own minions even. And he's a mob boss. How the hell can you get better than that?
Hmm.

Try spider-man's stint with the power of universal manipulation, or the scarlet witch's ability to warp reality.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion