New Grim Tales 9/4/12 - Argument with the Vampire

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 9/4/12 - Argument with the Vampire

Postby Mir@k » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 pm

But whatever age she is, even if we exaggerated and claimed it was the 60's Mina wouldn't be old enough to outlive a single human life. Honest, it would be the first case i'd see of hatred for immortality with someone so young in immortal terms. All i can think about is that she thinks it sucks being in a kid's body. Make an adult bitch immortal and suddenly bam nobody gives a shit.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:26 pm

Mir@k wrote:But whatever age she is, even if we exaggerated and claimed it was the 60's Mina wouldn't be old enough to outlive a single human life. Honest, it would be the first case i'd see of hatred for immortality with someone so young in immortal terms. All i can think about is that she thinks it sucks being in a kid's body. Make an adult bitch immortal and suddenly bam nobody gives a shit.

Well, maybe the person who GOT the immortality cares.

Especially if it is forceful immortality, like violent vampire transformation. AKA Mortality Rape.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby punzil504 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 am

I think part of Mina's problem is that whatever age she actually is... the count is still apparently treating her like she's the same 7 year old girl she was when he found her... not like the adult she technically is and should be, and not even like an angsty teenager.

"Aw, don't worry your pretty little head, Mina, Daddy Vlad will make it all better."

Mina's not just upset that she's being treated like a child... but a seven year old child. And there seem to be some implications that the Count has really treated her little better than Him treated Mimi, judging by the way Him uses the word "innocence."

So it's "only" been twenty years of this for her... or maybe it's been longer.I can't speak for anyone else, but after college, I didn't want to move back home. I didn't want to even live in the same town I grew up in because there were people there who couldn't get past the memory of me in diapers and felt the need to remind me of it constantly. Now obviously I don't look like I did when I was 7 anymore, and it was still happening. Mina doesn't even get that.

I don't blame her one bit for wanting to at least see what her life could have been if she were normal again... it's kind of a cliche'd theme in comics: the hero gives up their powers for a day only to realize that they're better off. Or not.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

We'll be leaving Mina and Count behind, shortly. Like it or not, this particular story is about Mimi. We've dealt with Mina's problems, now it's time to deal with the very obvious one Mimi's having.

Did you see the 'Click Here' thing on the previous page or so? Those indicate another Further Orientation story that can be potentially explored. Others might pop up in the near future too. I will arrange for Bleed to, in some way, get reader opinion on what file to access next.

If Mina's file is accessed, you may find out how she ended up as a vampire and why. There'll also be a means of establishing where Mina's vampirisation occurred in the overall timeline of things. But there might be another file you'd prefer. I'm sure this isn't the only one about Mimi. We could reach back further.

Her earliest years...
Her powers...
Even a story about her mother...
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby achthenuts » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 am

And so it's like endless tales... :roll:
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby punzil504 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:29 am

GridsNaranek wrote:Did you see the 'Click Here' thing on the previous page or so? Those indicate another Further Orientation story that can be potentially explored. Others might pop up in the near future too. I will arrange for Bleed to, in some way, get reader opinion on what file to access next.

The "click here" thing gave me the impression that an unseen observer (Junior? Him? The readers breaking the 4th wall?) was accessing a database filled with information about Mimi and Mina, or potentially any member of the canon cast.

You're not suggesting that there is going to be an actual Archive link embedded infuture comics for readers to click on?

Personally, if Bleed already has some ideas for furture FO's, posting a poll might be one way to go: "I have 4 separate stories that focus on Junior, Mina, Pain, and Mandy as protagonists. Pick one character."

It wouldn't be the readers directing the story, per se, but they'd have a say (or at least an opinion) in what story is told next.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:16 pm

achthenuts wrote:And so it's like endless tales... :roll:

Is there a problem here?

punzil504 wrote:
GridsNaranek wrote:Did you see the 'Click Here' thing on the previous page or so? Those indicate another Further Orientation story that can be potentially explored. Others might pop up in the near future too. I will arrange for Bleed to, in some way, get reader opinion on what file to access next.

The "click here" thing gave me the impression that an unseen observer (Junior? Him? The readers breaking the 4th wall?) was accessing a database filled with information about Mimi and Mina, or potentially any member of the canon cast.

You're not suggesting that there is going to be an actual Archive link embedded infuture comics for readers to click on?

Personally, if Bleed already has some ideas for furture FO's, posting a poll might be one way to go: "I have 4 separate stories that focus on Junior, Mina, Pain, and Mandy as protagonists. Pick one character."

It wouldn't be the readers directing the story, per se, but they'd have a say (or at least an opinion) in what story is told next.

I hope to tie it to the overall story in a far bigger way, which could have over-arching consequences. There's no chance that Grim Tales, as a total series, is ending anytime soon. But FO is a means of working on it without getting too stuck into the storyline proper while Bleed focuses more on concluding Sugarbits, advancing PPGD and preparing for new undertakings.
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)