New Grim Tales 9/4/12 - Argument with the Vampire

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 9/4/12 - Argument with the Vampire

Postby Numa430 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:27 am

Looks like even undead girls are not that happy afterall.
Under the bed

Re: New Grim Tales 9/4/12 - Argument with the Vampire

Postby PS2kid » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:07 am

So THE CLAWS are the source of Mimi's power.

Postby punzil504 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am

Hm... Did the comic ever specify how old Mandy was?

If we do a lot of assumptions...

Mandy and the PPG went to the same middle school. The PPG were in Kindergarten when their series began in 1995. Mina was 7 when her series began in 1995. It is feasible to believe that Mina is around the same age as Mandy, Dexter, and the PPG are chronologically, or at least within 1-2 years.

We don't know how old Mina is in GT:FO, although we do know that these events occur sometime after the flashback in GT:WHAM. Given that Blossom was an adult during the flashback, and that Mina was possibly a year or so older than her before being turned by the Count...

Or if it puts it into perspective, using real time, the girls would all be in their early 20's in 2012 if you go by the date the episode aired as their age at that time. Mina has been living as a seven year old for at least 17 years, probably more.

Oh, and looking at Mimi, it doesn't surprise me that her powers are unstable. She wasn't in demon form when Junior first met her, so there's defiitely some sort of "on/off" switch that she doesn't quite control yet in this flashback.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 am

@ps2: I hope you're joking. That was explicitly shown months ago. It's not so much the source of power more like the claws are Him's evilness, that once mimi wears them flows inside her, turning her into "Her".

@punzil: I'd like to point out that real life age for when the powerpuff girls show began does not affect this comic any way because this comic is pure fiction that takes plenty of liberties with the source material.

The fact that little undead girls are not happy with immortality is a recurring theme in bleedman's comics now. Minnie being the first and now Mina, then we have Mimi but she's a different case because while she's allegedly immortal too, her body can age and mature (at least according to that one controversial comic).

I guess the "important detail" she forgot to add was that she can't fuck and give birth.

Huh, Minnie Mina Mimi. M m M m M.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby punzil504 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 am

Mir@k wrote:@punzil: I'd like to point out that real life age for when the powerpuff girls show began does not affect this comic any way because this comic is pure fiction that takes plenty of liberties with the source material.

I used "real time" to put things into perspective, not as an absolute. It gave me a starting point to work with. It's already been observed that there's some Timey-wimeyness going on just to have these characters go to the same school.

Anyway, "real time" would support the speculation that Mina is around the same age chronologically as Mandy in "comic time." It makes Mina at least 24 when the events of the flashback took place, and we'd be assuming that GT:FO happened after that.

The point of it all is... yeah, she should be a young lady in the prime of your life, but she's been stuck in a 7 year old undead body for somewhere between 20 and 30 years... the exact number doesn't matter. It was one of Anne Rice's themes as well, hence the title of the page.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:16 pm

Did anyone notice Mina throttling the count in the background of the last panel?
Nice touch.

I'm not immortal so I wouldn't know but I think that Mina could get over it.
Assuming the count is old to the point of ancient, He seems to be doing fine with the whole never ending death thing.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby Mir@k » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:19 pm

Wallow Blacklake wrote:I think that Mina could get over it.
I'm intrigued, why do you think this? Because Minnie sure as fuck can't deal with it. Also the count's fine because (and this is purely theoretical) his body is already that of an adult. Mina is the same as minnie, can't grow up, can't fuck, can't give birth, body is under developed, i'd say it's a bigger deal for her than him.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 pm

You have very excellent points there but consider this;

The facts that you mentioned will take years, probably centuries, for Mina to come to terms with
but she will get over it because of her mental maturity.
Keeping in mind Mina has the Mind of a Human child.

Very much like a woman who just found out she cannot have children or a child who was born with no limbs, Mina will HAVE to get over it in order to live a happy and a long, long, long existence (assuming she wants to be happy at all or she doesn't go insane first).

The count does have the body of an adult but the same rules you mentioned apply minus the fucking.
Assuming that the count has the same desires a Mina, he too would have had to have a immense self-mourning period as well.

He too may (at some point) have wanted to grow old, have children and die with decency and look at him now. The desire to have children is what may have caused the count to adopt Mina (and "vampirize" her) in the first place. This leads me to believe that even he has not gotten over his own immortality.

In short, Mina will get over it because time and her immortality will not allow otherwise.
I guess the same goes for Minnie as well...
Stan Marsh, South Park.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:51 pm

You ever heard of the theory that the mind is the plaything of the body?

Anyway, it's also entirely possible that she'll go insane, or kill herself before she "comes to terms" with it. There's also the fact that, being a child forever is probably all kinds of wrong to her, in her head. It's something completely unnatural.

And it's always going to be obvious to her, whenever she sees an adult or a child, it's going to be staring her in the face.

Basically, I think you're being very optimistic.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:You ever heard of the theory that the mind is the plaything of the body?

Anyway, it's also entirely possible that she'll go insane, or kill herself before she "comes to terms" with it. There's also the fact that, being a child forever is probably all kinds of wrong to her, in her head. It's something completely unnatural.

And it's always going to be obvious to her, whenever she sees an adult or a child, it's going to be staring her in the face.

Basically, I think you're being very optimistic.

Actually, Mina's even worse off than that. Her body is stuck as a child forever. The real problem is her brain isn't, at least in a certian sense. Assuming the calculations above were corrent, in purely cronological terms, mina is about 24. That means she now has 24 years worth of life experiances. It's not like once the vampire bit took over, she stopped learning and observing. It's not a matter of her still being a child when she should be an adult by now; it's that she is now an child with an adults amount of life experiance and possibly and adults amount of learning (depending on whether or not the count has required her to keep up her education.) Her situation is sort of like that of that villain from the Batman cartoon (Baby Doll, I think she was called) on the ouside she looks like a little girl but on the inside she has a fully grown and adult mind. That's pretty much guaranteed to drive her completely crazy no matter what. Even now, her reactions are hardly those of a seven year old.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:02 pm

That's what I was trying to get at. Thanks.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:37 pm

She is only 24 and is already spiraling into depression and risking her life and those of the people around them? For the reason that she is 24?

I don't like this character.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby achthenuts » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Birdofterror wrote:She is only 24 and is already spiraling into depression and risking her life and those of the people around them? For the reason that she is 24?

Me either. *shrug*
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Numa430 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 am

It's mostly The Count's fault for turning her into a vampire, whatever event that made her that way has not been forgotten in Mina's head.
Seeing how she is old enough to take care of herself, she had no choice but to sign that contract and fight Mimi and get her reward.
Under the bed

Postby chaoticangel97 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:40 am

A thought, and I'm wondering if anyone else has thought of this. The title is Argument with the Vampire, rather similar to Interview with the Vampire. Mina's reactions are reminding me a whole heck of a lot of Kirsten Dunst's character from said movie. Just wondering if anyone else noticed the likely reference there.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 am

I had, yes. That was a creepy child.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Basically, I think you're being very optimistic.

Believe me sir, I am no optimist.
I was just anylizing the characters and coming up with "the best possible scenerio"
which is not very good at all.
Yes, she may get over this little depression, but with time comes pain and Mina has all the time in the world.

I believe that if you want immortality, there are requirments that must come with it:
1) You cannot age.
2) You can not be hurt/ you can regenerate.
3) You will maintain your sanity.
4) You abandon emotion and all needs (food, companionship,etc)
and 5) (the most important) you can activate your own self destruct switch if you choose to end it.

Mina can not do some of these things so even if she heals from this, she is still doomed to a living hell.
Stan Marsh, South Park.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm

You don't have to be an optimist to be optimistic.

And we weren't aware you were coming up with the best possible scenario.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Well I couldn't come up with anything better then that.
Besides, it was just a by-product of my analises.
Stan Marsh, South Park.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Birdofterror wrote:She is only 24 and is already spiraling into depression and risking her life and those of the people around them? For the reason that she is 24?

Yeah this. Take as example Alucard from Hellsing. He is a fuckload years old, he's seen everything and is understandably weary of immortality. This bitch hasn't even outlived an average human. That is lol.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm

He is also psychologically unstable...
Stan Marsh, South Park.

Postby Mir@k » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm

...So?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Ergo, two things.
1) immortality is bad for the mind and
2) In my opinion, he is delightfull to be around.
Stan Marsh, South Park.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Well, we don't know what age Mina really is, we don't know if time passes at the same pace through different dimensions. If you don't age at all, it probably effects your view of the passing of time also, another thing screwing her up.

Basically, Mina is in one of those situations that people could spend ages wondering about. I mean, if she was just immortal...there's a whole bunch of other things in that barrel of monkeys. Living in hell, stuck with someone it seems she, at best, has mixed feelings for now, the murdering for blood thing and Lord knows what else.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Well, we don't know what age Mina really is, we don't know if time passes at the same pace through different dimensions. If you don't age at all, it probably effects your view of the passing of time

That's a good point I guess. After all, at this time it seems Him is in the 70's. or 80's...

I forget which generations has the Afro.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)