Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Riz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 pm

okay, don't believe me. as we all know Rival is a spam regular.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Morpheus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:02 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:
Morpheus wrote:It's not that spam has a direct hand but that most of the Gold members are from spam.

That's...not really a good correction. It's like me saying "the government has a lot of "name of town"" in it, and you then saying "No, they just happen to have a lot of members who come from there."

If no one from other sections that meets the criteria wishes to help out then don't complain if most of the members are from spam.

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Mocking what one says sure sounds a lot better than trying to join the council.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm not complaining that most of the members are from Spam, I'm complaining that members from one forum are making decisions effecting the entire forum.

But, I guess you're right.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 pm

So do I need to explain how this is becoming a problem already or is it obvious?
Never asked for this

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:30 pm

Maybe the Spam forum should just be called the 'Gold forum' because that seems to be the case. Gold members from any other sub-forum seem to be the minority, even when counted together. Plus, to even access the 'Gold Forum', you have to go through Spam.

There is no way I'd go there because every single time I've been trolled. It's a thing. Bob enjoys watching me being trolled.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Oh, I'm sorry. Minorities will remain like that apparently, people seem to prefer to insult and mock instead of applying. Oh, this experiment is bound to fail!
I already talked to Jay about a member and I'm checking the other areas.

But I'll give you one thing, the gold forum being in the spam forum is silly. I'll take that to the higher-ups.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:52 pm

I was about to make that suggestion actually, whenever BR got on skype. it should be on the front page. having it as a subsubforum in spam was just BR testing his new powers.

Postby Mathias » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:25 pm

We're all members of the same forum. People who frequent Spam also post all across the site. I hardly see a few regulars in RP anywhere else. If the Spam regulars happen to be a group who cares about the whole site, I don't see why it should be an issue. There's a bias that Spam is just full of nonsense when I haven't seen nonsense there in some time except from old members who have come back and brought it with them. Spam is full of a lot of serious discussions and a lot of casual discussions. The whole section is basically one big Weirdness.
Geo, I am sorry that you have been a victim, but you also make yourself out to be one. We're trying to come together as a community. You say you won't go into Spam, but I never see you outside of RP, anyway. Are you afraid of the whole forum?

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Mathias wrote:We're all members of the same forum. People who frequent Spam also post all across the site. I hardly see a few regulars in RP anywhere else. If the Spam regulars happen to be a group who cares about the whole site, I don't see why it should be an issue. There's a bias that Spam is just full of nonsense when I haven't seen nonsense there in some time except from old members who have come back and brought it with them. Spam is full of a lot of serious discussions and a lot of casual discussions. The whole section is basically one big Weirdness.
Geo, I am sorry that you have been a victim, but you also make yourself out to be one. We're trying to come together as a community. You say you won't go into Spam, but I never see you outside of RP, anyway. Are you afraid of the whole forum?

Pretty much. I've tried multiple times to get involved in other forums and I've been either ignored to death or actively trolled.

And what do you mean 'make yourself out to be one'? What have I done that is so horrible that I deserve this?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Mathias » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Geomancer wrote:What have I done that is so horrible that I deserve this?

This. You feel you need to have done something "horrible" to be joked with. The fact that you take it so poorly an example. I never see you take a joke very well. No one is trying to anger you, it's all in good humor, you just take it badly. You should be more easy-going. Even members of the one section you stay in seem to barely tolerate you because you're such a stick-in-the-mud. Many Spam regulars started on this site with insecurities and eventually loosened up once they got used to the people and are now able to have fun. Yes, some members are more critical of others, but that may perhaps stem from annoyance at the idea that they used to be similar, myself included.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 pm

So, the fact that I can't loosen up causes people to troll me which causes me to not be able to loosen up. Do you see where I am going with this? I tried to do something and not only was my attempt mocked, it was mocked by the moderators and changed so that my attempt was utterly useless.

GMancer

Postby Mathias » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:40 pm

I suppose it can't be helped. You're too pessimistic and already feel defeated. I'm trying to tell you that it doesn't have to be that way now, but you're hung up on the past. There will always be people who don't like you, but someone with a defeatist attitude will end up being liked by few.

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I don't think I'm getting through to you: My experiences were totally negative. There was not one person that said anything positive. Yes, I am a pessimist because I have been given reasons to be one.

GMancer

Postby Mathias » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:49 pm

I failed a speech check. I guess it has to be 100 to convince you. It doesn't help your case by stating that someone who doesn't support your opinion is wrong (see your sig) and doing things like banning people from your roleplays and posting that information in your sig for all to see like everyone should know. Nothing has made you think that people would not be okay with those things? Maybe this just isn't the best forum for you? Are you a member of any FFIX fan sites?

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:51 pm

...Are you saying that a signature is a valid way to evaluate a person? By that logic, Riz would be worse off. All you are doing is saying that I was wrong and I should just try again. You know what, fine, I'll try again. Then I'll direct you to the thread.

GMancer

Postby Riz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Geomancer wrote:By that logic, Riz would be worse off.

excuse u

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:55 pm

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Never asked for this

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

breaking

tables

every

day
Never asked for this

Postby Mathias » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

Geomancer wrote:...Are you saying that a signature is a valid way to evaluate a person? By that logic, Riz would be worse off. All you are doing is saying that I was wrong and I should just try again. You know what, fine, I'll try again. Then I'll direct you to the thread.

Yes, that's why it's called a signature. And I know Riz well enough to know that her sig is a joke. From what I know of you, yours is completely serious. If you make a thread in Spam just to prove a point to me, then you are certainly asking for trouble. That is not a threat from me, but I can hypothesize the outcome because such an act would be a crappy thing to do, anyway. You should make a casual thread or post to discuss something interesting of fun and not go about getting fussy if a few people become antagonistic.

Postby Yog-Sothoth » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Geomancer wrote:...Are you saying that a signature is a valid way to evaluate a person? By that logic, Riz would be worse off. All you are doing is saying that I was wrong and I should just try again. You know what, fine, I'll try again. Then I'll direct you to the thread.

Learn to laugh at yourself and you'll be fine.

That's the issue, here.

There IS a difference between insults and jokes on spam, trust me.

The majority directed at you have been jokes.

That's all you have to do. Laugh with the people, and you'll be fine.
Resident Old God

Postby Geomancer » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:13 pm

So then, is Mathias being serious or not?

GMancer

Postby Yog-Sothoth » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm

He's frustrated that you've already given up.

People worse off than you keep trying at many things.

Stop giving up, many people in spam are nice.

Sure it has it's share of assholes, but eah section does as well.

So give it a try.

Pretend that it's your first time.

You'll do good as long as you don't take jokes badly.

Just laugh.
Resident Old God

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:16 pm

guys I can read your gold card forum thing and fine I will join on one condition

my title must be "Never asked for this."

(just in case the reference is lost on you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYA6Y67NXMc)
Never asked for this

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Custom titles haven't been implement back yet. Let's see what can be arranged.
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing