Ponies on Bleedman's Section

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Should the MLPFIM thread be moved?

Yes, it should get its own section of the site.
2
22%
Yes, it should be moved to spam or another part of the site.
0
No votes
Yes and I will post why in this thread.
0
No votes
No, it should stay where it is.
7
78%
No and I will post why in this thread.
0
No votes
Abstain.
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 9

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Valhallen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 am

Birdofterror wrote:Pop culture references. (Feminism as a singular plot for an episode.)
Video game references. (Mayor Killing Navi on Ocarina of time for being so annoying.)
Lewd humor. (Miss Bellum 'developed' joke to name only 1.)
Jokes spanning all ages. (As above, with countless others as examples.)
Tasteful Violence.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am
Location: The Rotunda of Seclusion
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:47 am

Grieffon wrote:Here's #1 and #2.
#3
Closest I can get to #5
#4 needs some more search. Maybe later.

I don't agree with the Darkwing duck connection, the muddy one or the 137 hour connection. Seems too vague. But the 7 others, not the least of which was the star-wars ones wins points.

As for the lewd humor link... I think you can do better than that. All shows and cartoons in the universe do that, it's far too common. After all, the Miss Bellum 'developed' joke was very well constructed, and spanned almost an entire minute.

I will give you half a point for that, any other example I will give you full credit for.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Dibullba » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:51 am

Did not care to actually read all the dribble in this thread. I am just gonna say what I believe straightforward. If you enjoy something, get involved with it, if you don't then leave it be. All I see in here are excuses for it to be moved just because somebody (not naming for neutral purposes) does not like to see it mentioned within a popular thread. Perhaps consider these points. Hypothetically if people were coming here because of ponies then how is Bleedman actually suffering when it gives the possibility of more publicity in what is essentially a dead site? Even with ponies having a huge thread, is their more than one thread with ponies cluttering the page where posts for Bleedman's comics would be posted? Are the posts for the comics in the thread actually necessary when they can be viewed from either the source or from clicking one of the links at the top of the site? Feel free to interpret these questions, but I am at least gonna answer the last one. Comics being posted in this thread that are Bleedman's are not actually necessary, but despite this being a factor people do it because they are fans of his comics. Ponies in now way are deterring this from being possible.
Last edited by Dibullba on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:55 am

Valhallen wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Pop culture references. (Feminism as a singular plot for an episode.)
Video game references. (Mayor Killing Navi on Ocarina of time for being so annoying.)
Lewd humor. (Miss Bellum 'developed' joke to name only 1.)
Jokes spanning all ages. (As above, with countless others as examples.)
Tasteful Violence.

Pop Culture: I have recently seen the amount of Pop-Culture references. I am willing to give this one full points.

Game References: I have seen the solid snake one... it was a little vague, but I can get it I guess. As for the 'clock is ticking,' I am not sure of the direct connection. Clock tower? Majora's Mask? Not sure. I will give it about a 5/10, saying SURE it has VG references, but they seem weak and vague.

Lewd Humor: 0/10 I have yet to see anything of certainty. Least of all your posted video.

All Ages Joke: Yeah, I have seen some of them, but that ninja one was insane. 8/10, silver medal agreeing with you.

Tasteful Violence: JESUS CHRIST 15/10 WHAT THE HELL?!

RECAP:

I would like to see a more definitive Video Game reference, and ANYTHING relating to lewd humor. VG References have fallen a little short, and the lewd humor has shown nothing so far.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 am

Dibullba wrote:Did not care to actually read all the dribble in this thread.

Fantastic. Great to know you are taking this seriously... /irony
Dibullba wrote:If you enjoy something, get involved with it, if you don't then leave it be.
Tried that a couple times. I even tried mingling in a fanfiction thread. Got booed off the stage for stating an opinion and then the thread naturally died. Great person, fun at parties.
Dibullba wrote: All I see in here are excuses for it to be moved just because somebody (not naming for neutral purposes) does not like to see it mentioned within a popular thread.
That is only half of it, and half is nothing without the other half.

The point is the thread ALONE is almost as big as some other entire sections! It seems a little off in my opinion, but there is nothing concrete I can say about it.
Dibullba wrote:Perhaps consider these points. Hypothetically if people were coming here because of ponies then how is Bleedman actually suffering when it gives the possibility of more publicity in what is essentially a dead site?
First off: I never said he was suffering.
Second off: The site being dead is irrelevant.
Third: Ponies will not give Bleedman publicity unless one side acknowledges the other through anything other than an April fool's joke.
Dibullba wrote:Even with ponies having a huge thread, is their more than one thread with ponies cluttering the page where posts for Bleedman's comics would be posted?
Technically, no. You are right there.

It's more of a superficial problem, when multiple posts are made, and people/I think a new Comic page is out, only to have ten new posts in the pony thread.
Dibullba wrote:Are the posts for the comics in the thread actually necessary when they can be viewed from either the source or from clicking one of the links at the top of the site?
Absolutely, if you do not understand why, try VISITING one of the threads yourself.
Dibullba wrote:Feel free to interpret these questions, but I am at least gonna answer the last one. Comics being posted in this thread that are Bleedman's are not actually necessary, but despite this being a factor people do it because they are fans of his comics.
Bronies are fans of pony related things. Such as the April Fool's joke. Nothing else.

Nothing.
Dibullba wrote:Ponies in now way are deterring this from being possible.
No* way. And yes, I know. I was asking if they would prefer their own section.

Even 4chan did it, with fantastic results.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Riz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 am

i dunno man

if you're bothered by the thread because when you see a new post in bleed and you think it's something bleedrelated but it's mlp, then just deal with it because loads of time a new post in spam is just the stupid "what does the avatar above you remind you of" thread and that annoys me but what can you do, yo
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Valhallen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 am

Birdofterror wrote:Game References: I have seen the solid snake one... it was a little vague, but I can get it I guess. As for the 'clock is ticking,' I am not sure of the direct connection. Clock tower? Majora's Mask? Not sure. I will give it about a 5/10, saying SURE it has VG references, but they seem weak and vague.
The second-highest-ratedcomment wrote:I'm playing Majora's Mask right now.......
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Also this if you want something more explicit.

Birdofterror wrote:Lewd Humor: 0/10 I have yet to see anything of certainty. Least of all your posted video.
Ahem.

Birdofterror wrote:All Ages Joke: Yeah, I have seen some of them, but that ninja one was insane. 8/10, silver medal agreeing with you.
Birdofterror wrote:I would like to see a more definitive Video Game reference, and ANYTHING relating to lewd humor. VG References have fallen a little short, and the lewd humor has shown nothing so far.
Birdofterror wrote:If you can post links to examples of all five of these things, I will accede to the fact that MLP is a worthy successor to my generation.
Examples have been provided, and giving a numerical rating or asking for difinitiveness brings certain fallacies to mind. Do you concede your argument?

Birdofterror wrote:Tasteful Violence: JESUS CHRIST 15/10 WHAT THE HELL?!
Here is the context if you wish to enlighten yourself. For that matter, it might be preferable to actually watch the show before dismissing it.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am
Location: The Rotunda of Seclusion
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 am

Valhallen wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Game References: I have seen the solid snake one... it was a little vague, but I can get it I guess. As for the 'clock is ticking,' I am not sure of the direct connection. Clock tower? Majora's Mask? Not sure. I will give it about a 5/10, saying SURE it has VG references, but they seem weak and vague.
The second-highest-ratedcomment wrote:I'm playing Majora's Mask right now.......
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Also this if you want something more explicit.

Birdofterror wrote:Lewd Humor: 0/10 I have yet to see anything of certainty. Least of all your posted video.
Ahem.

Birdofterror wrote:All Ages Joke: Yeah, I have seen some of them, but that ninja one was insane. 8/10, silver medal agreeing with you.
Birdofterror wrote:If you can post links to examples of all five of these things, I will accede to the fact that MLP is a worthy successor to my generation.
Examples have been provided, and giving a numerical rating brings certain fallacies to mind. Do you concede your argument?

Birdofterror wrote:Tasteful Violence: JESUS CHRIST 15/10 WHAT THE HELL?!
Here is the context if you wish to enlighten yourself. For that matter, it might be preferable to actually watch the show before dismissing it.

The fan related evolution video is... well... fan man. People usually catch on fire on kid's shows when they are angry.

And she is naturally horse-like already. Put one and two together and you get something most people would just take without thinking. Still seems too vague.

About the 'ahem' post to the lewd humor: Still seems like Pop-Culture reference. Sure, it relates to something that in turn relates sex, but it only directly links it to the book, not the things within it. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm avoiding the admittance, but there honestly isn't anything blatant enough for me to see.

As for the numerical rating, it was how much I agreed with it. 5 being, "Meh I guess so. But you could do better." 0 being "No." and 10 being "Flawless argument, well played."

OH, and I've seen the multiple parts of Episode 1. I would be a dick if I said I didn't like a show I never watched.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Dibullba » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:41 am

Just want to add two things for clarification. When I said dribble, I meant in the posts after the first. It just all became boringly redundant to which I just could not be bothered to read them thoroughly. Second clarification, I do look at the posts for Bleedman's comics as I am also a fan (mostly of his earlier stuff though) of his comics and understand the purpose of the threads getting involved in the conversations (if any) within those threads. My point was merely that the posts are not actually necessary in the fact that under normal circumstances you will see fans post them on the thread and not those who work on them.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Valhallen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:42 am

So this is too vague? When Twilight's general coloration changed to match that of a well-known unicorn Pokemon?

As for lewd humor, the example you gave of what you were looking for was relating to Ms. Bellum's figure, which in turn relates to cultural ideas of what is considered sexually attractive. If a reference to a famous book about sex isn't good enough for you, this is a directly comparable gag.

Episode 1 is about what you'd get if you crossed the rest of the series with Sailor Moon. If you want to see something more representative of the rest, watch Lesson Zero which I have linked.



Addendum: In case you didn't know, Lauren Faust, who was in charge of the new MLP series, also worked on the Powerpuff Girls with her husband Craig McCracken. The similarities are there if you would look at them. You're coming across as really uninformed of what you're actually criticizing.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am
Location: The Rotunda of Seclusion
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:54 am

Dibullba wrote:Just want to add two things for clarification. When I said dribble, I meant in the posts after the first. It just all became boringly redundant to which I just could not be bothered to read them thoroughly. Second clarification, I do look at the posts for Bleedman's comics as I am also a fan (mostly of his earlier stuff though) of his comics and understand the purpose of the threads getting involved in the conversations (if any) within those threads. My point was merely that the posts are not actually necessary in the fact that under normal circumstances you will see fans post them on the thread and not those who work on them.

Thank you for clearing that up. I was afraid we would eventually devolve into shit slinging. I see your point, but I still stand by most of mine, although val is showing me several highlights of MLP as we speak.
Valhallen wrote:So this is too vague?
Yes, Very.

1: No foot flames as is Rapidash.
2: Fire extends from head, not back, as is Rapidash.
Alternatively, I can turn that around and further prove my point.
1: In kids shows, when people get angry, their hair catches on fire, but not their feet.
2: Emphasis on the fiery hair extending, making it closer to Pop-Fiction, and farther from Pokemon.

Way too vague.
Valhallen wrote:As for lewd humor, the example you gave of what you were looking for was relating to Ms. Bellum's figure, which in turn relates to cultural ideas of what is considered sexually attractive. If a reference to a famous book about sex isn't good enough for you, this is a directly comparable gag.
Eh... 5/10 combined with everything people have said so far.

Once again, the 'cover the naughty bits' gag has been around for over 30 years. It's more culture, and less lewd. It has to be ORIGINAL.

Maybe I set my sights too high? Here I though such a show would be laden in this... all I'm seeing are the same running gags... I'll give you the point, but I'm not happy about it.
Valhallen wrote:Episode 1 is about what you'd get if you crossed the rest of the series with Sailor Moon. If you want to see something more representative of the rest, watch Lesson Zero which I have linked.
I've seen the first episode of everything ever made, not counting newer shows.

As for watching the episode? Sorry, I don't watch kid's shows anymore. I don't watch PPG, Dexter's Lab, Zim, MLP... anything. They are not my demographic.

I was saying I would allow it to- in my opinion- success my Generation's childhood shows. Whether or not this is better than that, or that is better than this is irrelevant when it comes to actually 'watching' the show.

As for whether or not I will say it Successes? Sure.

I've seen enough and I got what I wanted to see. I'm sure kids these days are in very good hands.

KIDS. Not adults. I will continue to hate most bronies with every fiber of my being however. Nothing against the show. Just a culture gap and an unhealthy hatred for grown men who like little kid things. Perfectly reasonable.

(Edit Post Addendum)

(Disregarding old post, putting in different one.)

Times have changed, violence just isn't acceptable anymore...

Don't know why... I just don't know.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 am

Hate to double post, but I have to make this separate from the other post of mine.

Going to bed now. Will continue whatever else needs saying then.

Today's Recap.

I admit MLP is a very good, thoughtfully written Kid's show. I do not condone grown men watching it, but that's just me.

Be that as it may, I still think the thread itself about MLP is a problem. Maybe a small one, maybe even superfluous... but a problem none the less. At least in my opinion. I still think it should be moved/put into its own section of the site. It is big enough to consider.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Riz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:13 am

I do not believe the thread is a problem, i think you are just making it a problem to have something to complain about

it would make no sense to just have an "mlp" forum on the site with just one thread i have no idea where your logic is coming from
Image
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15647
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: no.
Gender: Female

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Valhallen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 am

Look.

Image

I can go through your posts and in considerable detail explain how much of what you have said is wrong, fallacious, or otherwise problematic, but the main problem seems to be that you regard it as a "kids' show" and therefore inappropriate for adults. FYI, MLP:FIM, PPG, Dexter's Lab, and many others enjoyed by kids are "family" cartoons designed to appeal to both kids and their parents. That MLP:FIM is intentionally made to appeal to adults should be obvious from many of the examples posted in this thread. While some kids might like it for the colorful ponies having magical adventures, some of the adults like it for the God-Empress of Ponykind messing with her subjects apparently for personal amusement. Or watching pastel cartoon ponies have psychological breakdowns. If you continue your ignorance-based criticisms, you should expect continued responses from people who disagree.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:34 am
Location: The Rotunda of Seclusion
Gender: Male

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Dibullba » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 am

Might as well link a few things for you to consider about MLP. Your choice whether to like the show or not, I do not judge. Will categorize to observe the focus of the links.
Show Related:
Facial Expressions
Animation and Background Music
Music (too many good ones to choose from, went villain song route)
Referencing
Voice Actor/Actress Backgrounds
Fan Material:
Pony Music Video
Fan Made Music (affected by genre preference)
Fan Animation
Many more categories in fan material, but sticking with those primary links simply because going into comics and other things would require knowledge of the fandom.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:01 pm

This is all very silly and shouldn't be A Thing™. There is absolutely no need to stifle content. If you honestly want to argue your case, you can contact War, BR and myself instead of making a poll.

(And we should probably get Val in on it too since for all intents and purposes, he should be already a mod.)
Marquis de Soth

offline
 

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest