Ponies on Bleedman's Section

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Should the MLPFIM thread be moved?

Yes, it should get its own section of the site.
22%
Yes, it should be moved to spam or another part of the site.
No votes
Yes and I will post why in this thread.
No votes
No, it should stay where it is.
78%
No and I will post why in this thread.
No votes
Abstain.
No votes

Total votes : 9

Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 am

(Note: Preemptively posting a poll in the likely case that this thread grows larger than I anticipate, so that a general consensus can be seen from a glance.)

The official 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic' thread in the Bleedman section of this site has recently overthrown the previous largest thread, the Predictions Thread. I find this slightly odd.

By Visits, a mere 2000 as of this post.
By Posts, almost doubled of the Predictions thread.

I think it's safe to assume that that thread is big enough to actually have its own section of the site. Not saying it deserves or doesn't deserve it, but just saying it fits the qualifications quite well.

Coming to spam due to the least amount of damage inflicted would come from this thread being posted here, and not the Bleedman section itself as to not clutter it further with ponies.

Now, my own personal gripes over the fan-base of MLP aside, I would be amiss if I didn't mention that ponies... are in no way related to Bleedman. Not saying that off topic threads cannot exist; the Snafu section lives off of it due to all the comics being dead and buried; but I'm saying that section of the site is now officially being visited more for ponies than for Bleedman's work entirely.

I would say to move it over to the spam section and make it a sticky, due to spam being a very vague word, especially within context of Snafu-Comics.

Another reason to do it would to reduce the 'official' post count of all the people who formed accounts solely to post in that exact thread would be reduced to anywhere between 0 and 1, which would be fine due to them not actually 'contributing' anything to the site in the first place.

Just going to state for the record: This thread is not due to whatever hate people may or may not think I have for Friendship is Magic; because there is no hate. The show is fine and does a great job of entertaining kids, as should be the goal of any TV-Y or TVY-7 show. It's due to not being related at all to Bleedman, crossed with the fact that the thread itself is so big.

I will do my best to keep whatever talks about the show itself or its fans as civil as possible.

TL;DR and Recap:

Bleedman's Section of the site is visited more for ponies than for Bleedman and his work. I suggest moving it to spam and sticky-ing or making an entire branch of the site for it, due to the sheer number of Bronies this site has.

If you agree or disagree with my proposal, please post in this thread with the reason(s) why, and/or contribute in the poll. I like to usually consider myself a neutral party when it comes to these types of things.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bird oft Error

Re: Ponies on Bleedman's Section

Postby Riz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 am

no one here cares about the goings-on of the bleedforum............................. :\
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:50 am

Riz wrote:no one here cares............................. :\

I kind of do, the thread is unrelated to the part of the site.

Normally, that would mean nothing. But most of the people in that section go there for Ponies and not Bleedman. Considering the sheer prospect of that, I think consideration is at least warranted.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 am

Why don't you put this in a section where people will actually care to contribute?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:17 am

In fact, lemme just...
Slutty Angel

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:30 am

My two-cents: The pony thread is here for a reason. This is where most of the fans of the show/bronies hang out. There aren't as many fans in Spam. There aren't that many threads being made in here (unless you count update threads, which aren't terribly often) so it doesn't get buried in new threads. There are two to three new threads in Spam every day and we currently have too many things stickied as it is.

Suggesting moving it to Spam would be like suggesting moving the manga thread in Snafu to Spam.
Slutty Angel

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 am

Warbear wrote:My two-cents: The pony thread is here for a reason. This is where most of the fans of the show/bronies hang out. There aren't as many fans in Spam. There aren't that many threads being made in here (unless you count update threads, which aren't terribly often) so it doesn't get buried in new threads. There are two to three new threads in Spam every day and we currently have too many things stickied as it is.

W-Wait... it was a conscious decision to have the pony thread in Bleedman's section to begin with?

I don't understand this. Is there some sort of link that guarantees that people who like Bleedman's work automatically like MLP? I take some sort of offense to that.

That and it shouldn't BE that way to begin with. The Bronies are frequent and high enough in number to even get their own 'misc' section!

Suggesting moving it to Spam would be like suggesting moving the manga thread in Snafu to Spam.
Well, as I stated in the main post, I know that Snafu is ONLY off topic threads due to every single comic on the snafu side is dead.

However, every single comic on the Bleedman Side, not including Zim, is still active! Half the time when I see a new post in that forum I think:

"Ooh! New Bleedman comic posted prematurely before it hits the front page!" Then I get in, and it's ten posts in the pony thread, and some newb posting his first thread.

It's stifling.

(Edit: The reason I posted this in Spam to begin with was posted before. Thanks for moving it anyway, much appreciated. It was a CONSCIOUS DECISION to keep it out of Bleedman's side for the exact reason the thread was made in the first place, but whatever.)
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:43 am

I'm not saying that it was a conscious decision, I'm saying that the demographics for Bleedman comics and MLP are the same.
Slutty Angel

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 am

Warbear wrote:I'm not saying that it was a conscious decision, I'm saying that the demographics for Bleedman comics and MLP are the same.

What demographics in specific?

Bird oft Error

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:47 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Warbear wrote:I'm not saying that it was a conscious decision, I'm saying that the demographics for Bleedman comics and MLP are the same.

I can't seem to find an answer that won't make me look like a sarcastic asshole, so just fill in the blanks as you like, okay?

And I moved the thread here because all of the people with an actual opinion on this subject will see it here, rather than hiding it in Spam where they might not.
Slutty Angel

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:53 am

Warbear wrote:And I moved the thread here because all of the people with an actual opinion on this subject will see it here, rather than hiding it in Spam where they might not.

Hiding it in spam? That was not the intention, though I can see how you could see it as that.

I thought that the thread itself was not worth the posts it would take to fill, but was still barely worthy of being made in the first place, which is why I put it in spam, to reduce the post count to 0. I knew that Spam was the single most frequented section of the site, just behind it being the Bleedman section, or more specifically- the ponies in it.

The people who I believe would have the better 'opinion' would be the majority of the site, who are in Spam.

Not to mention I sort of already know the opinions of the Bleedman section of the site on ponies. The 7000 post, several hundred thousand visits pony thread is my proof.
Warbear wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:

I can't seem to find an answer that won't make me look like a sarcastic asshole, so just fill in the blanks as you like, okay?
Filling in the blanks would make me also look like an ass.

I legitimately want whatever data you have, I think it can only help me understand the actual logistics behind the bronies here in the first place.

Bird oft Error

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:02 am

Warbear wrote:And I moved the thread here because all of the people with an actual opinion on this subject will see it here, rather than hiding it in Spam where they might not.

Hiding it in spam? That was not the intention, though I can see how you could see it as that.

I thought that the thread itself was not worth the posts it would take to fill, but was still barely worthy of being made in the first place, which is why I put it in spam, to reduce the post count to 0. I knew that Spam was the single most frequented section of the site, just behind it being the Bleedman section, or more specifically- the ponies in it.

The people who I believe would have the better 'opinion' would be the majority of the site, who are in Spam.

Not to mention I sort of already know the opinions of the Bleedman section of the site on ponies. The 7000 post, several hundred thousand visits pony thread is my proof.

Reducing the post count to 0 really wouldn't benefit anyone, however. Sure, you might still get votes on the poll, but people wouldn't be able to voice their opinions on the matter.

To tie this to an end, however, I really don't think it's necessary to move it. It's been here for a good 550~ pages and there's no sense in moving it now.
I legitimately want whatever data you have, I think it can only help me understand the actual logistics behind the bronies here in the first place.

This would require me having an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of Bleedfans and bronies. From what I've seen on the forum, a lot of the people who come here because of Bleedcomics are also fans of MLP, so there's obviously a very specific Venn Diagram I could draw up.
Slutty Angel

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:10 am

Warbear wrote:Reducing the post count to 0 really wouldn't benefit anyone, however. Sure, you might still get votes on the poll, but people wouldn't be able to voice their opinions on the matter.
Well, they can voice. Their vote is there, their post is there, it just doesn't increase the number.

As I said, this thread is not that important, if nothing else this thread itself is the information I want to gather.

The votes themselves will be my demographic in a couple of days... assuming it doesn't get locked for constant shitposting from either side.
Warbear wrote:To tie this to an end, however, I really don't think it's necessary to move it. It's been here for a good 550~ pages and there's no sense in moving it now.
I can see that, I just wanted to voice my Opinion and bring to light the fact that Bleedman's forum is more frequented for Ponies than for Bleedman.

Whether or not I would even have an opinion on this is irrelevant when something not related to a section gets more views while in said section. It the principal of the matter that is bugging me here.

I created this thread quickly after discovering the single MLP thread created barely a year ago has surpassed the largest Bleedman thread created over 7 years ago.
Warbear wrote:This would require me having an in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of Bleedfans and bronies. From what I've seen on the forum, a lot of the people who come here because of Bleedcomics are also fans of MLP, so there's obviously a very specific Venn Diagram I could draw up.
Man... when I came here MLP didn't even exist... It was about bringing old children's cartoons back from the dead and giving them a riveting story and interesting characters! Bringing it into a new light!

The only way MLP would EVER be related to Bleedman is if the show itself ends, and he creates a homage comic based on it.

(Edit: Let me state for the record, that I appreciate your patience with me. It means a lot.)

Bird oft Error

Postby Grieffon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:14 am

Warbear wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:What demographics in specific?

Let me. "Teenagers - adults who like high quality cartoons". That would explain the LoK and the ruined childhood threads as well.

Birdofterror wrote:Man... when I came here MLP didn't even exist... It was about bringing old children's cartoons back from the dead and giving them a riveting story and interesting characters! Bringing it into a new light!

Well, MLP is one of the few that is still like the cartoons from the old days, so...

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:19 am

Grieffon wrote:Well, MLP is one of the few that is still like the cartoons from the old days, so...
I don't really see it... I mean- I do, but I don't.

Cartoons nowadays aren't like the cartoons back then. Whether or not that makes them better or worse, time will decide.

I... can't really put my finger on it. It's THERE, it's a thing, it's physical... but I can't recall it.

Well, to make this as simple as possible I will compare it to the girliest/most awesome cartoon of our time; Powerpuff Girls.

If you can show me MLP relations that PPG pulled off, such as:

Pop culture references. (Feminism as a singular plot for an episode.)
Video game references. (Mayor Killing Navi on Ocarina of time for being so annoying.)
Lewd humor. (Miss Bellum 'developed' joke to name only 1.)
Jokes spanning all ages. (As above, with countless others as examples.)
Tasteful Violence.

If you can post links to examples of all five of these things, I will accede to the fact that MLP is a worthy successor to my generation.

Bird oft Error

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:22 am

The difference between My Little Pony and, say, Powerpuff Girls is that it was born in a completely different time. Look at all of the cartoons from back in those days. They all made pop culture/video game references and had lewd humour (Animaniacs especially), and they were marketed towards kids. These days, writers and producers can't get away with as much as they used to be able to, and what's so great about MLP is that it was born in a time where people are too scared to take a tip-toe outside of the norm, and sprinted across that line.
Slutty Angel

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:24 am

Warbear wrote:and what's so great about MLP is that it was born in a time where people are too scared to take a tip-toe outside of the norm, and sprinted across that line.

You are saying MLP pushes the boundaries of 'acceptable?' I know I use this phrase a lot, but:

Explain.

Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:25 am

Hahaha sorry guys but what the fuck is this shit.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 am

Mirak wrote:Hahaha sorry guys but what the fuck is this shit.

Nothing worth breath, time, or life energy. Trust me.

Bird oft Error

Postby Grieffon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:28 am

Birdofterror wrote:If you can post links to examples of all five of these things, I will accede to the fact that MLP is a worthy successor to my generation.

I'll see what I can get, but not right now.

Postby Mir@k » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:29 am

what are you doing guy seriously
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 am

Grieffon wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:If you can post links to examples of all five of these things, I will accede to the fact that MLP is a worthy successor to my generation.

I'll see what I can get, but not right now.

Of course, take your time. I am not expecting this thread to bear fruit in one day. Especially at 4:30 in the morning.
Mirak wrote:what are you doing guy seriously

If you want me to honestly answer, you have to honestly respond.

Due to you being Mirak, I know this is a tall order.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Grieffon » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:34 am

Here's #1 and #2.
Closest I can get to #5
#4 needs some more search. Maybe later.
Last edited by Grieffon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:34 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Warbear wrote:and what's so great about MLP is that it was born in a time where people are too scared to take a tip-toe outside of the norm, and sprinted across that line.

You are saying MLP pushes the boundaries of 'acceptable?' I know I use this phrase a lot, but:

Explain.

I'm not saying it's pushing any boundaries. I'm saying it's original.
Slutty Angel

Postby Valhallen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:44 am

Birdofterror wrote:Pop culture references. (Feminism as a singular plot for an episode.)
Video game references. (Mayor Killing Navi on Ocarina of time for being so annoying.)
Lewd humor. (Miss Bellum 'developed' joke to name only 1.)
Jokes spanning all ages. (As above, with countless others as examples.)
Tasteful Violence.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)