The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

Postby Grieffon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Well, I've had a theory that, much as some waterbenders can bend blood, some earth benders can probably "bend" bones. This might actually have some medical applications in bonesetting (much as, if you think of it, a blood bender might be able to save someone with a severed artery by keeping the blood inside). But, again, like bloodbending, it would likey mostly have a very dark side, letting the bender snap bones at will or move them like a puppet.

I don't think this can actually happen. Going from no seismic sense to the level of being able to sense the bones of the enemies will probably take years, unless Bolin had some talents, which I really doubt. He had been earthbending for years, so if he was actually a prodigy, he should be better than this.

As for the "dark" bending, a way I can see using firebending is taking away the heat from someone, like how Ozai redirect the heat of the volcano. Though that wouldn't be very practical, except for defeating someone without causing damages to them.

Postby Q.U. » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 am

Isn't lightning already the "dark" side of fire bending?
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:35 am

Grieffon wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:Well, I've had a theory that, much as some waterbenders can bend blood, some earth benders can probably "bend" bones. This might actually have some medical applications in bonesetting (much as, if you think of it, a blood bender might be able to save someone with a severed artery by keeping the blood inside). But, again, like bloodbending, it would likey mostly have a very dark side, letting the bender snap bones at will or move them like a puppet.

I don't think this can actually happen. Going from no seismic sense to the level of being able to sense the bones of the enemies will probably take years, unless Bolin had some talents, which I really doubt. He had been earthbending for years, so if he was actually a prodigy, he should be better than this.

As for the "dark" bending, a way I can see using firebending is taking away the heat from someone, like how Ozai redirect the heat of the volcano. Though that wouldn't be very practical, except for defeating someone without causing damages to them.

Oh don'tn get me wrong, I agree that, even if such a power existed, the odds of Bolin having it would be pretty remote. I was spinballing, goggy asked if there could be any more refined forms of earthbending, and bone bending was the best I could come up with. I then simply speculated on how interesting it could be if Bolin did find out he had it.

Q.U. wrote:Isn't lightning already the "dark" side of fire bending?

Who says "dark" bending only has to take one form. The mindbending we saw was also pretty dark in its appication. As I said above a bloodbender could probably stop someone bleeding out, but he could also probably cause every last drop of you blood to burst out of your veins, or all the moisture in your body to go into your lungs and literally drown you on dry land. Thanks to the Noatak training montage, we have already seen that somehow, a skilled bloodbender can cause animals (and presumaby people) to defy gravity and levitate. Seeing that, I would not put much of ANYTHING in the realm of "impossible" That's one of the things about "darkenss"and "evil" by definition, it's forms are numberless.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:13 pm

I was wondering about that heat thing Grief mentioned. Can firebenders control heat directly?

I mean, they can make things hotter by bathing them in fire but that isn't what I mean. And can they actually absorb fire anyway?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:48 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:I was wondering about that heat thing Grief mentioned. Can firebenders control heat directly?

I mean, they can make things hotter by bathing them in fire but that isn't what I mean. And can they actually absorb fire anyway?

In the case of what Roku did (i.e. cooling off the lava) I think it is possible that Roku was mixing bendings (he was an Avatar as well, and hence, had acess to all for) and what we saw was either actually waterbending or firebending using water methods. Whether or not some firebenders can take out heat, pretty much ALL waterbenders must be able to. How else can they create ice at will? The only way I can think of is to be able to take heat out of the water, thus freezing it (you might also be able to do it by pressing the water molecules together until they became a solid, but that sounds like a lot more work and a lot harder to do Plus since water is one of those funny substances that is less dense as a solid than a liquid, without really good skills you just end up re-melting it) . If you know how to do that, and have acess to firebending ability, using the method on lava probably isn't all that hard.
For a regular firebender, controlling pure heat is probably still possible, but more difficult. Certainly it likely requires special training and talent. During the North Pole episodes, when Zuko was lost, he seems just as at risk of freezing to death as Aang was. If heat control was easy enough that nearly all firebenders could do it (or was innate to firebending) one would assume that Zuko would have simply used his abilites to keep his body temperature up. It wouldn't last forever (bending takes energy) but it would have bought him a lot more time. So that is probably not a skill Zuko knows. And since he is one of the best (and most heavily trained) firebenders in the whole kingdom, if he doesn't know how to do it, very few probably do.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

He was pretty tired by the looks of things. Although considering Iroh taught him that trick about breathing fire into his hands or something to warm himself up, either the heat thing isn't known, or isn't practical energy efficient wise, or is bloody difficult. As for the ice thing, I'd go for the pressing water molecules thing.

But, they can control lightning somehow, and the only connection I can think of is...Actually, I can't think of Jack for a reason. Got anything there?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:04 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:He was pretty tired by the looks of things. Although considering Iroh taught him that trick about breathing fire into his hands or something to warm himself up, either the heat thing isn't known, or isn't practical energy efficient wise, or is bloody difficult. As for the ice thing, I'd go for the pressing water molecules thing.

But, they can control lightning somehow, and the only connection I can think of is...Actually, I can't think of Jack for a reason. Got anything there?

Well, it's never been entierly clear exactly how a firebender creates his flame in the first place, or what exactly is burning when they send out out (are they splitting water particles and lighting the resultan hydrogen and oxgen gas, using the dust in the air as combustible fuel? expelling ingnitable vapor?) since they'd need a spark to start the fire regardless, that spark is probably eletrostatically generated (we've seen firebenders make fire from more or less a standstill position, so friction based spontaneous combustion seems less likely) Normal lighting is created by a massive eletrostatic imbalace between two points; strong enough to overcome the dialetric strengh of air (about 3million volts, varying for moisture content). If I was to guess I'd say that a firebender would probably make lightning by holding thier "spark" charge until it got large enough to overcome the barrier, then let it rip and direct it. This would also explain why it's such a hard trick, not only do you have to learn how to hold your charge, but build it up rapidly (Azula had little difficulty throwing bolt after bolt in rapid sucession, in comparison the fastest real lighning bolts can follow each other is about 3 a minute) and direct it which probably is done by heating the air in the path between you and the target thus driving the air molecules to be both more active and farther apart and making a path of least resistance. And you have to do and re-do this again and again in split seconds. It is a trick for a true master. Azula probably finds it a bit easier since she already is very good at projecting super massive levels of heat (or why her flames burn blue)

Postby Q.U. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:52 pm

A masterpiece.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Huh.

Well, that's impressive.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Grieffon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I'm surprised that it took so long for someone to make that.

Apparently this is the ending page of The Promise part 3

Seems Azula is not completely crazy, just mentally unstable.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Knew it was a good idea to keep an eye on this thread.

Good ol' Azula.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Princess » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:52 pm

Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:06 pm

i saved metal cougar lady now she can go on to face the temple guards in Legends Of The Hidden Temple

bdubs, guys, I had a neat ass idea when book 1 of ATLA was still being released

some spirit in the spirit world bestows a certain genetic line of the spiritual capacity for bending two elements in synchronicity

think up the combos, people, what you could get by melding two bending styles together COMPLETELY. none of this one after another shit, people having to by birth use TWO styles.

my favorite is fire/water: booze bender, drunken brawling style moves with the capacity to invoke sickness and drunkenness symptoms at low levels. steam-bending, too, but come on. Whiskey. Fire Water. Eekum Bokum.

why are they made? maybe to hunt corrupt avatars. maybe the same six (each unique combo) from like thousands of years ago, maybe secret family lines, maybe the White Lotus's Ace in the Hole.

talk about neat.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Q.U. » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Earth + fire = lava bending.

Also, steam should be water + air, I think. Not water + fire.

And I use this godly game as my citation.

Postby Mir@k » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:34 pm

Tou do need to heat the water in order to get it to evaporate quickly, so the relationship between water and fire in that regard makes sense. Well it would make even more sense if it was air + water + fire.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 pm

This is what I have been saying for so long; since most things in the world are not purely one element or another, most things should be bendable by more than one dicispline, and truly getting it right may indeed involve mixing multiple bendings. Lava is indeed earth and fire , but since it is flowy and liquid, it is probably best bent with waterbending techiques. Waterbenders can make ice (which, as I said earlier, may actually involve being able to suck "fire" i.e. heat, OUT of water) but once that ice is made, the tecniques of manipulating it should be pretty similar to Earthbending (it's a hard solid, after all). Actually Air+water would probably mean the ability to manipulate snow (water to make the snowflakes, air to control them).

Postby goggy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 pm

This reminds me of when Iroh I talked about using aspects of the other elements in bending.
Awake but Confused

Postby Q.U. » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:34 am

Postby Roughnecks » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 pm

that right there is the best thing to hit this thread haha
"Live forever Apes"- Lt. Razak
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby Mir@k » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 pm

"Doo doo doo honor"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Roughnecks » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 pm

I take back what I said with my earlier post...this right here is the best thing to hit this thread!!!

Meelo Style

Video was made by Ryu Ki-Hyun a supervising producer at Nickelodeon
"Live forever Apes"- Lt. Razak
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby Q.U. » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Postby BeeAre » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Q.U. wrote:Image

that god damn old spice marketing campaign is nearly Guile-esque
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Princess » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm

http://www.nick.com/games/legend-of-korra-republic-city-run.html

Adorable chibi Korra!

Still no news on Season 2. There's only rumors.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby 0kamu0 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Isn't that the game where they called the equalists the equilizers in the discription?

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)