Snafu Therapy Thread. This topic is under Mod protection

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby EagleMan » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Q.U. wrote:
but no obvious trolling.

That's fine. I know when I'm not welcome.

@Everybody else here with "problems"
Carpe Diem

The only advice I know.

YOLO

Postby Mir@k » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm

hello guys what is going on in this htread
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a problem where no one seems interested in the same things as me anymore, so I get forced into playing games and going places that legitimately bother me. It's not just real life, though, it's on the Internet as well. I've never been able to just stay in an online community because eventually all the people who liked me leave. There's this one forum I go to where this very thing happened and now all anyone talks about is their boring lives, League of Legends, hockey and Western comics (did you know those last two things had fans? I didn't). I feel like a character that somehow woke up in the wrong show.
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Tazuren Mal, please, do the world a BIG FUCKING FAVOR, and drop DEAD!
Cybella YOU EGOCENTRIC IDIOT!
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Hana you misogynist fuckwad.
Sakura I hate you.
Relick not many people would really care if you left without a word.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby Morpheus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Maybe you should try to expand your interest then.

Postby Mathias » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

I might have posted an issue here, but I have a promising date tonight (she moved it up :3).

Postby Love.Dreamer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Yog wrote:Una mujer no va a esperar por ti. Cuando se fue a otro lugar para vivir la relación termino

Si, Estuvo muy mal lo que ella hizo sin decirte a ti, pero ella pensó que habia terminado y por eso tu debes encontrar otra mujer.

La vida es larga y necesitas tomarte tu tiempo. Hay un mujer para ti en algún lugar. Solo necesitas encontrarla.

Sorry, my Spanish is a little rusty, but I hope it helps.

Fixed. Also lol that is not what i am worried about, i fact its the least of my concerns.
This is something i don't talk about to anyone at all even my closest friends. I felt the need to say it because it was eating at me and it makes me angrier than i am already. Sometimes i have an easier time opening to people i likely wont ever meet (though i dont entirely dismiss it because life gives way too many crazy turns) than life long friends because of how stuborn i am, but still. Made me feel lighter and that was all about.

CARRY ON.
Hiroko: You monster.
Seriously a Lady.

Location: its none of your concern, you pig in human clothes.

Postby Kkeellaacc » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 pm

MY WAYWARD SON

THERE WILL BE PEACE WHEN YOU ARE DONE

LAY YOUR WEARY HEAD TO REST

DON'T YOU CRY NO MORE
Signature Under Construction

Postby Love.Dreamer » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:22 pm

You made my night.
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 pm

I always loved singing that song.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:50 pm

I bet if that were a Stand, it'd split the target's body and mind, causing him to act as a guide for his uncoordinated, senseless body, leading to a hilariously one-sided massacre.

...No one's given me therapy, yet. I can't just start liking shitty versions of things I already like (looking at you LoL, you will never be Dota).
Dave keep your damn near racist ignorant logic as far from the other sections of the site as humanly possible because it hurts my face just thinking about it.
MG mal your just sick
Wizard Mal...you're kind of a loser. / Mal was, is, and always will be a cunt / I used to hate Mal, but I've since come to pity him.
Kathleen mal you are the people i hate the most here...and that is saying something
Sakura I hate you.
Cali Mal's an elitist cunt that glowers in getting peopel to dislike him. He can stay the fuck out of the RP forums forever and I'll be happy and he could leave Snafu altogehter and I'd probably not even notice..and if I did, I'd be nothing but happy. Shit, he's nothing special. Just another internet troll that happens to wear a different mask.

Postby nobody » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm a nobody :'(
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby Malumultimus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 pm

That's okay, I like nobody. :)
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby nobody » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Nobody likes you too ;)
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby True Order » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:50 pm

The answers to many of your problems, you already know.
But we'll help you, we'll save you, from your own sorrow.

But saying and doing are two different things
when it comes to understanding one's own feelings.

Let us tarry no longer, let the process begin.
We'll help you find, the answers within.

*cracks knucles* Ouch....

LETS DO THIS

First up! We have Mal:

Malumultimus wrote:I have a problem where no one seems interested in the same things as me anymore, so I get forced into playing games and going places that legitimately bother me. It's not just real life, though, it's on the Internet as well. I've never been able to just stay in an online community because eventually all the people who liked me leave. There's this one forum I go to where this very thing happened and now all anyone talks about is their boring lives, League of Legends, hockey and Western comics (did you know those last two things had fans? I didn't). I feel like a character that somehow woke up in the wrong show.

Hmm. This is a toughie. We shall dissect it to understand it!

Mal wrote: so I get forced into playing games and going places that legitimately bother me.

Whom or who is forcing you to do these things? The other folks or yourself? Is whomever responsible aware that it bothers you?

Mal wrote:I've never been able to just stay in an online community because eventually all the people who liked me leave.

I've had the same problem. TOO MANY TIMES. But we are forced to ask "Did they really like you if they left so easily, without even establishing another means of communication such as Skype or Facebook?" Online relationships of all kinds commonly and quickly end without the slightest thought on at least the part of one end of it. I wouldn't take such things personally, life happens.

Mal wrote: There's this one forum I go to where this very thing happened and now all anyone talks about is their boring lives, League of Legends, hockey and Western comics (did you know those last two things had fans? I didn't).

Hmm. Well I'd recommend attempting to change the topic to something you would want to discuss. If nobody joins you in the discussion then maybe those people are just not near the same wavelength of thought as you.

Mal wrote:I feel like a character that somehow woke up in the wrong show.

Life does this to us humans all too often. One day you're Ichigo in Bleach then the next you're Ichigo in Durarara. It appears that the whole world has changed except for you, until you realize you changed as well. Everyone and everything changes and those changes occur differently for every single sentient creature in existence.

Know that you do not have to change characters to be compatible for the show, both you and the show shall adapt to each other, if you and it are willing. But if the show ain't willing then who gives a damn? There are many shows out there!

I will admit though, the tough part is finding the right show. Some would say you keep trying and you will eventually find it but how does on go about quickly searching for something when you won't recognize it until you get to know it?
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Malumultimus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 am

True Order wrote:Whom or who is forcing you to do these things? The other folks or yourself? Is whomever responsible aware that it bothers you?

People who like me in real life. Yes they are aware, but they want to hang out with me and don't have as much fun as I do doing nothing.

True Order wrote:"Did they really like you if they left so easily, without even establishing another means of communication such as Skype or Facebook?"

Well that makes me feel better. I can name 140 people off the top of my head, but none of them liked me. You're right, I am a douche.

True Order wrote:I will admit though, the tough part is finding the right show. Some would say you keep trying and you will eventually find it but how does on go about quickly searching for something when you won't recognize it until you get to know it?

Are you telling me to GTFO? Rude.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby Musicmac » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 am

Going on loose information here, but I'm guessing Mal has some insecurities about relationships with people without, or lacking, the engagement that usually comes with it.

Just try and be more interested, and genuinely active in what people do. That, or you could make more friends with genuinely favored interests, or pull others into your own interests.

College puts people like me into a situation where hundreds of people are interacting with each other on an almost daily basis, with almost nothing other than studies for common interests, an interest that expires quickly in conversations and excitement. But despite that, people can still manage to interest themselves in each other simply due to the fact that they get along. Relationships have a give/take rule within them, so if you're getting nothing, try giving by starting up conversations and having a genuine interest in hanging out.

Failing that, decisions usually come to staying as acquaintances, distant friends, or just cutting that old bond off.

Apologies for the loosely and badly made post.
Listen.

Postby Q.U. » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:52 pm

If I keep reading this thread I'm gonna need a therapy...
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Malumultimus » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Dying alone sounds easier.

It's also difficult because not everyone has the same level of knowledge as you in things, so even if they have the same interests as you, it doesn't mean they want to talk about it...or maybe they do want to talk about things, but they're too over your head, so why would they waste their time with you?

I've found fans of things I like before, but it's rare people like talking about things. It's like, "Wasn't that cool?" and then they disappear until the next episode/chapter/game/whatever. I thought I found JJBA fans and then a single person responded to me like, "Whoa, you notice a lot of things," lol... That was it. Then I remembered all the things in the series I thought I knew from reading peoples explanations from years ago, and when I actually read the series, those explanations were wrong... Those are these people.

If only people were pillows.
MG mal your just sick
Sakura I hate you.

Postby True Order » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Mal wrote:People who like me in real life. Yes they are aware, but they want to hang out with me and don't have as much fun as I do doing nothing.

Musicmac wrote:Just try and be more interested, and genuinely active in what people do. That, or you could make more friends with genuinely favored interests, or pull others into your own interests.

That seems like a really good rule of thumb regarding this part. You participate in things they like but you aren't particularly fond of, and they should be willing to do the opposite.

Mal wrote:Well that makes me feel better. I can name 140 people off the top of my head, but none of them liked me. You're right, I am a douche.

You're not a douche! After that statement I made I said life happens. People become busy and socializing on the internet just falls to the wayside. I can think of a rather large number of examples of individuals I technically abandoned. But I mean and meant no ill will towards them. Do I feel guilty? Only slightly because it's been brought to light. I'd like to think that they did not take my leaving so close to heart. I can only suggest that those who left you hoped the same.

Oh and nix what I said about Facebook and Skype. While that rule does apply to some people it doesn't apply to most. For example: Me. In the dozens of individuals I have befriend on the internet I have only hung unto two. Why? Because they added me to Skype not vice versa, some people don't do that sort of thing.

But it's nothing to take offensively.

Mal wrote:Are you telling me to GTFO? Rude.

Of course not. I get the feeling you may be a pessimist. Please understand that despite my overt mannerisms of speech I have no ill will towards you or any others.

What to do about that possible pessimism is, well, up to you, of course. Some would say to change your attitude but others would say just be you.

As you can see I'm having difficulties salvaging this dissection, I think my cat may have stolen your kidney, or is it the liver that's missing? Some would suggest I quit where I am to avoid trouble and others would suggest I finish what I started.

I'll leave that choice with you, Mal.
If you believe I'm doing more harm than good I shall stop.
If you wish me to continue I shall.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:48 pm

I feel bad that you can't find more interesting people to talk to, Mal.

Really wish I had gotten into JJBA too. I've always wanted to watch/read it, but just keep finding distractions.

I extend my hand to you to share your interests. Maybe someone will come forward to chat? People go on long tangents about things people don't like, like hockey and warm weather. Why not your interests?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Love.Dreamer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Pabst wrote:I feel bad that you can't find more interesting people to talk to, Mal.

What if he doesn't, because he is not interesting to talk to?
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Yog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:05 pm

How blunt.

Anything on your mind, love?
Resident Old God

Postby Love.Dreamer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 pm

If you check my last message in the TTT...

Yeah well i swore that i opened this thread on another tab and the TTT on this tab but it was the other way around and i ended up being an asshole in the thread where i am not supposed to be an asshole.
Seriously a Lady.

Postby Yog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Ah, that's what you meant.
Resident Old God

Postby DaCrum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 am

Is this a bitch about your problems thread? Okay...

I AM FUCKING TIRED. I AM PLAYING A HORN I HAVE NEVER PLAYED UNTIL MONDAY AND AM EXPECTED TO HAVE MEMORIZED OUR PREGAME MONTAGE ON LAST SUNDAY. MY CHOPS ARE DEAD, LIPS AND WHOLE REST OF MY BODY SANS SCROTUM IS BURNED THE FUCK OUT. I HAD NO FOOD UNTIL ONE OF MY BROTHERS TODAY GAVE ME A BAG OF RICE WHICH I ATE SO NICELY TODAY. IT IS 107 AND SUNNY AS FUCK AND I AM IN THE HEAT 8 HOURS OF THE DAY. MY LEFT KNEE WHICH IS NOTORIOUSLY FUCKED UP IS KILLING ME, MY FEET ARE KILLING ME, I TWISTED MY ANKLE TODAY AND IT IS KILLING ME. MY SLEEP AID IS MAKING MY DEPRESSION WORSE. I HAVE NO MONEY.

But otherwise? I am pretty fucking fantastic.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!