Tending to Sorrow

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:53 am

DMajorBoss: Sometimes, when we try so hard to accomplish something, we forget why we started in the first place.
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........

Re: Tending to Sorrow

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:07 am

Well this was cool. So Licorice claims that she is made of sorrow since he took her and Ginger's mother. Yet he claims she is full of madness.

Postby Complex » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 am

Damn that little girl is brave, I would have thought twice before knocking of his hat like that. So can anyone tell if Ginger and Licorice are related, I mean I feel like they are apart of each other and not something like sisters. That would explain why Licorice acts so much like Ginger did at the beginning of this comic. Now they are like ying and yang: one is sweet and nice, while the other is hot headed and reckless.
Be kind to your shadow. ~Rebecca Lawless

Postby JunSama » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:43 am

Mmm... Pizza.

Is anyone else hungry? No, I do not care that it's garbage. It's making me peckish.

Postby kidwakanda » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:19 am

Those seek sorrow shall reap its consequences.
Those who control sorrow shall know its strength.
thos who wack the hat off bleedheart shall be thrown and covered in trasj.
Forever ends when no one can see it.

Postby Exodis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Damn, good poetic words!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Light10s » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I can't figure him out? is he a good guy or a bad guy? he speaks such true words that
are hard to think of. :| :frown:

Postby Exodis » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Light10s wrote:I can't figure him out? is he a good guy or a bad guy? he speaks such true words that

Well, most villians do that. I think he is a villian, considering he is teamed up with Lico (who I happened to not know her name! Huh!) which officially names him a villian...
:redface: gah, what happened? I blacked out
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Licorice ought to listen to Sorrow Sanctum Soldier, for he knows well of what he speaks. Of course, Licorice being the way she is, and with that expression on her face, clearly won't -- despite the pizza and the classic banana peel trying to lighten the mood.

After watching Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance I realize that I may mentally be going to dark places a lot more recently, and this reminds me of that. Granted the Rider is not your average happy-go-slappy hero (and there aren't that many in the Marvelverse anyway if you think about it), but if you think along the same lines it really does take you to dark places filled with personal demons (and I just read the Avengers, Iron Man, and Spider-Man volumes of Fear Itself as well). And the thing is, you really don't have to seek them out to find them: they do it all on your own. Point is: what Licorice is doing is not what I would call a healthy pursuit. If she wants the power to take control of her situation, she'd be better off looking within herself: Steve Rogers is not Captain America because of the super soldier serum. He's Captain America because he'll stand up for what he feels is right, even as a weakling. The sooner Licorice realizes something sooner the sooner we can get back to Candyland, assuming she does before she dies.

And there is plenty good reason for the Ghost Rider sequel to fall under the 'Marvel Knights' label, which is known for the more gruesome, darker, and adult end of the company.
A Page Flipper

Postby konata50 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 pm

those 2 are cute together
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

Postby Light10s » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 am

kidwakanda wrote:Those seek sorrow shall reap its consequences.
Those who control sorrow shall know its strength.
thos who wack the hat off bleedheart shall be thrown and covered in trasj.

ah forgive me, those are good words indeed but, "WHAT THE HECK" is that supposed to mean?

Postby Gato » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am

This is why grudges always lead to the rattles.
Archrival- Now you sir have potential, definately so if Blood tolerates you. I feel you could be an asset to the forum amongst the muck.
Zelosse- I spent the last 30 minutes watching Gato's Avatar. Jesus christ it's so cute it sickens me.

Postby apstorm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:20 am

exodis6 wrote:
Light10s wrote:I can't figure him out? is he a good guy or a bad guy? he speaks such true words that

Well, most villians do that. I think he is a villian, considering he is teamed up with Lico (who I happened to not know her name! Huh!) which officially names him a villian...

But he's not teamed up with Licorice (pronounced lick-o-rish - It's a type of bitter black candy that I never developed a taste for. A more common and easier-to-enjoy variant is that which is made under the Twizzler brand using fruit flavors, primarily strawberry).

She WANTS to team up with him, but she fails to understand his purpose properly, I feel.

I've commented on this before, but the way he has been speaking implies that he is a force of balance, as opposed to a force for or against sorrow- that is, he seems to be neither for good or evil.

Much like the Necromancers in the Diablo and Guild Wars franchises, he seems to be an entity with abilities to control dark energies, but uses it to mitigate them and maintain balance.

This is merely the way he seems to be. As far as he's been shown, he doesn't seem all that villainous. He hasn't actively attacked any heroes. He hasn't caused pain directly. He's merely been there when the pain happened, and took the source of it. Seems more like an agent of balance, to me.

Though much could still happen to disprove these observations.

Also, don't confuse Bleedheart with Mindsnare, which you might also be doing. Mindsnare was the one with the dreamcatcher that was actively working with Licorice to draw out Bleedheart.
"Dropping a warship on me is cheating...take it back!"

"Having left his homeland, he never yields, never retreats, and never regrets. He faces forward and never looks back! He's manly! He's tenacious! Kamina of Team Gurren is here to take you on. Lets go!"

Postby Light10s » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:42 am

apstorm wrote:
exodis6 wrote:

But he's not teamed up with Licorice (pronounced lick-o-rish - It's a type of bitter black candy that I never developed a taste for. A more common and easier-to-enjoy variant is that which is made under the Twizzler brand using fruit flavors, primarily strawberry).

She WANTS to team up with him, but she fails to understand his purpose properly, I feel.

I've commented on this before, but the way he has been speaking implies that he is a force of balance, as opposed to a force for or against sorrow- that is, he seems to be neither for good or evil.

Much like the Necromancers in the Diablo and Guild Wars franchises, he seems to be an entity with abilities to control dark energies, but uses it to mitigate them and maintain balance.

This is merely the way he seems to be. As far as he's been shown, he doesn't seem all that villainous. He hasn't actively attacked any heroes. He hasn't caused pain directly. He's merely been there when the pain happened, and took the source of it. Seems more like an agent of balance, to me.

Though much could still happen to disprove these observations.

Also, don't confuse Bleedheart with Mindsnare, which you might also be doing. Mindsnare was the one with the dreamcatcher that was actively working with Licorice to draw out Bleedheart.

Alright let me try asking you this question in a different way. Why do the hero's who were told by the villains such true and convincing words. Why do they keep those words with them? it's not like their trying to understand the enemy are they?
Last edited by Light10s on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 49dra » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:18 am

exodis6 wrote:

:redface: gah, what happened? I blacked out

Well since he's the Grim Reaper I think he falls in the category of an anti-hero since he's just doing his job.

Return to Comic Updates and News!