New Grim Tales 8/1/12 - Housekeeping

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 8/1/12 - Housekeeping

Postby superjp164 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Damn she even got ghost buster equipment :grin: , isn't there anything she don't have under there :?:

Re: New Grim Tales 8/1/12 - Housekeeping

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:51 pm

superjp164 wrote:Damn she even got ghost buster equipment :grin: , isn't there anything she don't have under there :?:

I can think of one thing she doesn't have.

An interesting storyline.

*Swish*

But in all honesty, I feel kind of Mimi fatigued right now. Unless she dies or kills someone important it feels like filler.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby GridsNaranek » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 am

So hey, Bird, I've not been here much recently. But I've heard that you've been rather dissatisfied with the progression of the three comics lately. I can understand your impatience given the staggered updating and the very gradual pace, but I hope you can take a second look once Mimi's tale here is completed.

This will be relatively short compared even to WHAM, which I'd love to hear your opinion of in a PM, and I hope that GT stories will remain short for now while SB wraps up and PPGD presses on. We're looking at new and fresh ideas to pursue as a group, also. BeeAre, DMajor, Bleed and myself have big stuff in store.

So yeah, chickens, counting, hatch. Don't.
Last edited by GridsNaranek on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fucked up the analogy. Oops
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:38 am

This seems like an oddly personal Mod call...
GridsNaranek wrote:So hey, Bird, I've not been here much recently. But I've heard that you've been rather dissatisfied with the progression of the three comics lately.
Well, some more than others. I usually made it public that I found Sugar Bits to be the weakest of the comics, but nowadays has been showing tremendous strength. The recent pages are of the highest quality I've seen.

On the other sides, PPGD has been good... steady, slow... but good none the less. If nothing else I have been defending PPGD rather than hating on it, but I would be amiss if I didn't mention that certain aspects of it have been off lately. And by lately I mean this entire battle has taken about 2 years now. Two separate April Fools jokes in the same encounter.
(Pony joke-2011, Bell jumping down the hole.)
(Barasia and co. joke-2012, BELL STILL IN THE SAME HOLE.)

Grim Tales has surprisingly been the weak one in my opinion, very strange given how good it has been in the past. If one of these 3 comics were simply 'too good to fail' it would be Grim Tales, yet it seems that every turn has been for the worst however...

The constant Mimi spotlites are losing their luster. Not to mention the infuriatingly confusing story arc revolving around Megaville and Blossom. And not confusing in the good way, as in spurring thought. Confusing in the bad way, like when you constantly try to guess something, and someone says: 'wrong, guess again.' and that goes on for like 20 minutes until he gives up, but still doesn't tell you what it was.
GridsNaranek wrote:I can understand your impatience given the staggered updating and the very gradual pace, but I hope you can take a second look once Mimi's tale here is completed.
Don't get me wrong. The only thing wrong here timing-wise is PPGD's Battle.

It's turning into Sugar-Bits 2.0 and its famous 4 year conflict. However, it does seem to be crawling to an end.

If anything, the story on Grim tales is going too FAST, and new shit is being pushed through the screen door with every page. As of right now, we have like 3 separate storylines to be thinking of when we work on Grim tales.

1: Current day Mimi and co. How her de-demoning will affect everything.
2: Past Mimi and her training regime.
3: Tragedy in Megaville, the end of all Heroes. Him destroying all.

At this point it doesn't seem like Grim Tales is focusing on any one at a time anymore, it's trying to do them all at the same time it seems. Two would of been fine, Focusing on Mimi in the present, and learning what happened in Megaville. This backstory stuff doesn't seem to have any real need right now.
GridsNaranek wrote:This will be relatively short compared even to WHAM, which I'd love to hear your opinion of in a PM
Well if you say it's going to be that short- and as of this moment we already have 3-4 pages of NOTHING, then I guess this really IS just filler. I wonder if we are going to get walls of text crammed into the next few pages.

(Note: When I say nothing, I mean storyline wise. As of this post, we still have not gained any knowledge of what Mimi is or how she acts that we did not already know. What we have learned so far is that time and space are bended by her crotch and she can materialize houses out of it.)

As for the PM part, I guess we can go back and forth if you want. You send it to me though, I'm already putting a lot into this thread. I wouldn't know what else to put into a PM.
GridsNaranek wrote:We're looking at new and fresh ideas to pursue as a group, also. BeeAre, DMajor, Bleed and myself have big stuff in store.

Oh, I'm sure. If anything is apparent through... ... whatever all of this is, it's that there is a lot of info flying in all directions. Some of it seems to conflict with itself however, but I'm sure it will work out in the end.

On a final note, all the bad things I have ever said about these comics have been about 75% jest, 20% frustration, and about 5% actual criticism. There is very little I would do to change the stories at hand. They seem so solid I even started writing my own story about them about 2 years ago.

Sorry for the wall of text, but something about you showing up out of the fog made me want to make this incredibly precise and formal. If there are any details you want from my wall of text, either send me a PM or tell me to send you a PM about whatever it is you want me to elaborate.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 am

I'm getting rather annoyed at this "send me a pm to discuss it" attitude. How the fuck is that supposed to promote discussion on the forum?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:21 am

Mirak wrote:I'm getting rather annoyed at this "send me a pm to discuss it" attitude. How the fuck is that supposed to promote discussion on the forum?
Er...
Uh...
Um...

HE STARTED IT!

But in all honesty, I like a lot of PMs and send and take. It allows the person I'm talking to to talk without being bedraggled by the peanut gallery. Certain things just can't be said, or at least can't be said COMFORTABLY in public. Besides, PMs seem very personal and make me feel special... especially when it's with mods.

I already posted everything I have to say in that post above you, I was just asking if anyone wants elaboration in detail, I can send it via PM to avoid cluttering the forum with redundant information.

Bird oft Error

Postby achthenuts » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:40 am

...I don't know, maybe it's better somehow.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Valhallen » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:55 am

With registration closed for the time being, I don't foresee clutter being a big problem here. So elaborate and discuss to your heart's content.

Postby Panty Anarchy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 am

Isn't that what these threads are for anyway?
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Slutty Angel

Postby superjp164 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:47 am

I notice how when Mimi fights she don't stop at all until she gets the job done :twisted:

Postby punzil504 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:23 am

Mimi curb stomping Mina took four pages. It's obvious that this was an attempt to show that Mimi needed training, since it took her one page to do the same thing to Pain. Or maybe it really is just filler. Your mileage may vary on whether it was enjoyable filler or not, but after a week with no PPGD, SB or GT updates, I'm just glad there's a page up.

If these GT:FO stories are all going to be very short and focus on specific characters, it seems likely that if they reveal any pertinent canonical information, it's going to be one big thing (YMMV on the definition of "big.")

The vacuum joke is an oldie but a goodie. "Hooooover." lol. It would have also been funny if she actually had a proton pack or something, but "mist form" isn't the same thing as being an actual ghost. Maybe she could use that joke later on Dark Danny.

Hopefully she doesn't fling Mina into the sun. That would be a bit depressing.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby xbox432 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 am

That last panel was so adorable, what with that one leg cocked off the ground :grin:
And the monkey flips the switch.
Luna Is Best Princess

Postby Dibullba » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:37 am

No.....no..... need more lemon pledge

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:38 am

Dibullba wrote:No.....no..... need more lemon pledge
If I give you the money, will you go to the store and buy some?

Bird oft Error

Postby Ataw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:17 am

Well this all sucks no pun intendid.
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:45 am

Ataw wrote:Well this all sucks no pun intendid.

I get it. Vacuum joke. Clever.

Funny that the most enjoyment we get out of this overabundance of Mimi are bad puns and worse jokes. Not saying the pages themselves are bad, just saying they are saturated as all hell.

Bird oft Error

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Mimi is insanely overstocked it seems, which recently is making things seem a little unfair.

I mean, I guess this isn't an important fight, just for funs and laughs, but still.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Fuck off Consuela, I fucking hate her as a character. Her and One Piece's Akainu.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Silver Mane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Birdofterror wrote:
If I give you the money, will you go to the store and buy some?

Only if they get to keep the change..... :P
Honestly who hasn't said that to their parents or to their friends when asked to go to the store for them?

I really like her hair cut. So this wasn't to long after her and her mother getting separated? I wonder why they were fighting anyway. probably play dates/training..... :unsure:
Hi there I'm a writer and an artist in the making! Have a look at my DA at: http://edith-silver-annalyn.deviantart.com/

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:07 am

Random, non-plot-related, question... Mimi; cuter with or without her bangs? o.O
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsukiāœ©[/color]

Postby superjp164 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:13 am

Both, but mostly with her bangs :)

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)