The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Legend of Korra (Spoilers, nukka! Beware!)

Postby Q.U. » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 am

Actual prizes? Nicely done.

Which place did you end up at?
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:22 pm

Well done Stuff. Great for you.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Roughnecks » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 pm

maybe if i sign up now i can catch up haha
"Live forever Apes"- Lt. Razak
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby Grieffon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Wow stuff, another win? Great. Also what does the season do, give you access to all episodes in book 1?

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Grieffon wrote:Also what does the season do, give you access to all episodes in book 1?
Oh come now griffon, you're being just plain lazy. :/
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Princess » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Dunno about what I placed, they didn't post that yet. But yeah, I get the first season on iTunes.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Roughnecks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:55 pm

concept art for season 2

no new bolin outfit though...and

supposedly that new girl that is slouching is korra's cousin and the princess of the northern water tribe....    could be wrong though
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby goggy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:49 pm

I finished Korra today and it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to Book 2. I think it would be cool if Lin taught Bolin some Earth/Metalbending.
Awake but Confused

Postby Princess » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I would love Bolin to be a mentalbender!
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Roughnecks » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm

yeah hopefully they start bringing Bolin on the same track as Sokka where yes he was the comic relief but he also did improve and became even better!

I'm sure they will see what the fans are saying and fix him...he deserves it!

Postby Grieffon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Bolin learning metalbending is good, but I'd rather see him use more varied earthbending moves than just throwing rocks at the enemies.
Somehow this turned into a double post...
Last edited by Grieffon on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Grieffon » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Bolin learning metalbending is good, but I'd rather see him use more varied earthbending moves than just throwing rocks at the enemies. In fact, the whole avatar team lack attack variety and their movements look nowhere as good as those in TLA.

Postby Techh » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Even if we didn't see improvements to Bolin's bending, I'd be okay, because I'm mostly hoping they really go into his character. I really, really, REALLY want to see character development for him in book 2. I felt like the episode "The Spirit of Competition," was the start of really great development aanndd then they kind of ignored him the rest of book 1. So that's what I'm looking for next book, at least Bolin wise.
"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure."
Because obsessive nerd is as obsessive nerd does.

Postby goggy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:18 am

If Bolin was to learn metal or more earthbending, he'd probably be more varied in what he did. I blame the lack of variety (at least with Bolin) on him focusing on probending which really didn't give him much scope. Mako is a bit older and took on a lot more to get them by, which explains why his firebending is more developed than Bolin's earthbending.

But yes, I was disappointed that Bolin's development all but disappeared after that point. He's one of my favourite characters. I really hope he gets more time to shine and develop.
Awake but Confused

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm

Hmm...Bolin's minor shittiness that has been wrongly forced upon by the Gods of Avatar may not be a bad thing. Perhaps they're deliberately invoking that "it's darkest before the dawn" crud. And if not on purpose, it could still happen.

Anyway, Bolin learning metalbending, unless there is special context, would be bad. He's no Toph, he's no earthbending genius, he's the Sokka of the group. If they try to beef him up with Metalbending, it's not going to be that unique, that special.

I don't know what, but, and in all fairness the writers are pretty smart, unless there's some twist or special point in Bolin learning metalbending to a proficient and helpful level...

Plus, I imagine any earthbender with the potential to be a metalbender would have been snapped up by the polive force fast, but I suppose the whole "slipping under the radar" thing due to being a street rat fixes that.

Also, question. What's the ratio of benders to non-benders?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby goggy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm

What be unique? Metalbending isn't as unique as it once was (I'm guessing Korra returns to the police force their bending). I'm not expecting Bolin to become a metalbending or an earthbending master, but I would love to see him get some kind of training even if he only ever ends up earthbending. I mean I would much prefer his character develop but why not both? With Aang, he was the avatar but although he could bend all the elements, Katara and Toph had some bending ability he didn't. I think Bolin's potential hasn't been explored yet due to Mako taking on as many of their hardships as possible AND him having to abide by the rules of probending.

Making Bolin the next Toph would be the result of bad (or very very good) writing, but I just want to see him shine a bit. I'm not entirely sure how, but I trust the writers even if I question some of the writing this season. Bolin should get more screen time now seeing as this series was intended to be the only one and rushed in places. Now they have plenty of time.

And is he the Sokka? I don't know, I don't like trying to match up characters to ones from the previous series.
Awake but Confused

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I guess, I just don't see Bolin becoming a power in his own right, unless he's been holding himself back, limiting himself to pro-bending like you said, but, I only see that happening if he'd hidden his talent from Mako also. I don't see Mako being the type of guy who wouldn't push Bolin forward if he had a chance to make something huge of himself on his own.

As for how he shines, it will probably happen, I just don't see it happening through earth or metal bending really. Unless, either, he goes evil or some horseshit, or, in a search for training so he can reach the same level as the rest of the gang, he comes across a teacher with, frankly, unsavoury skills.

As for the Sokka bit, loosely speaking. Quite loosely.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby goggy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:44 am

I wouldn't mind if Bolin improved in something that wasn't bending, now that I think about it. Though the image of Lin training him is simply adorable priceless.

I'm not sure how good an earthbender Bolin could be, but he really hasn't done anything special so far as I know.
Awake but Confused

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

I quite like the idea of him improving in something else too, actually. I was originally thinking another branch of earth-bending .

Also, Lin would be the only earthbender I can think of right now who could torture train Bolin until he gets good enough, yeah.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby BlackEve » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:17 pm

I personally can't see him with metalbending. Bolin's the kind of guy who earthbending would suit him just fine imo. Maybe sandbending could work for him, but then again, I don't see how it would be useful at their time now.

And I'm pretty sure there's as much benders as non-benders, but you never know.

Postby goggy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

What other branches are there of earthbending? If he was to metalbend, it would probably be in a different style to Lin. But eh. S'long as Bolin isn't in the background like he was in the last however many episodes... it's good.

I was thinking plantbending but that might be more suited for waterbending.
Awake but Confused

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:30 pm

goggy wrote:What other branches are there of earthbending? If he was to metalbend, it would probably be in a different style to Lin. But eh. S'long as Bolin isn't in the background like he was in the last however many episodes... it's good.

I was thinking plantbending but that might be more suited for waterbending.

Well, I've had a theory that, much as some waterbenders can bend blood, some earth benders can probably "bend" bones. This might actually have some medical applications in bonesetting (much as, if you think of it, a blood bender might be able to save someone with a severed artery by keeping the blood inside). But, again, like bloodbending, it would likey mostly have a very dark side, letting the bender snap bones at will or move them like a puppet.
Actually, it might be kind of interesting if Bolin found he had that skill. He'd face the same sort of tempatations Katara did every time there was an opportunity where using her bloodbending could have helped her. Any resentment he feels towards Korra (for rejecting him for Mako) against Mako (for Taking Korra, or for just being generally better with the ladies than he is) plus suddenly the ability to "get what he deserves". The old, classic "come to the Dark Side" struggle.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:51 pm

The same thing would apply to air too surely. In the lungs definitely. Dunno if there's exactly air in the blood.

Here's a question though, is there a limit to how far away Fire benders can create fire? Or does it have to be a few inches from their hands or something.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Biostar » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Blood is used to carry oxygen to the rest of the body, so yeah probably could.

There probably is a limit, otherwise we would see firebenders setting things, or people, on fire without having to start the flame from their body. Probably because their breath, or something.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:The same thing would apply to air too surely. In the lungs definitely. Dunno if there's exactly air in the blood.

Here's a question though, is there a limit to how far away Fire benders can create fire? Or does it have to be a few inches from their hands or something.

You are absoultely correct, and in fact, that is exactly what I assumed would be the air equivalent of bloodbending. Plus probably an airbender could create bubbles in the blood, causing heart attacks and aneurysims. There should probably be one for fire too, but exactly what form it could take I'm a little uncertain of (spontaneous combustion? boiling a person from the inside?)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)