New Grim Tales 7/11/12 - Bread for Battle

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 7/11/12 - Bread for Battle

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Also I will take this time to re-iterate the whole 'No Furries' thing of the Suggestion list is once again null, void and above all: Bullshit.
Don't know if being dumb on purpose or not.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby punzil504 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Depending upon which vampire series you read the whole Vampire/Lycan scenario is usually intertwined in some way...

In the Necroscope universe, for example, Lycans are humans bitten by a wolf carrying a vampric leech... the bite transfers the vampire's egg to the victim, and carries the DNA of both vampire and wolf.

Actually, having the ability to turn into a wolf does not mean she is a Lycan, since Lycans are generally affected by the moon's phases. however, vampires possessing some form of shape changing ability are actually rather common, whether it's a wolf, a bat, or a cloud of gas that allows them to flee when weakened.

I'm not personally familiar with whatever series this Mina comes from, but judging by the reactions, those who are have never seen her utilize a wolf's form, which makes it reasonable to assume that in the character's universe of origin she does not possess this power.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Biostar » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:11 pm

Blasphemy wrote:
chadacha wrote:I'm probably the only person more interested in finding out what's happening to Minnie and her new darkness instead lol

I really want to know more about her background than anything else. Even a look into her thoughts would be nice.

What more of her background do you want to know about? Its not exactly a mystery.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Mirak wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Also I will take this time to re-iterate the whole 'No Furries' thing of the Suggestion list is once again null, void and above all: Bullshit.
Don't know if being dumb on purpose or not.

Not on purpose, I assure. I forgot that was limited only to PPGD.

I find it hard to distinguish the two comics. They have the same characters, world and artist; Bleedman. Not enough differences for my brain to accurately tell them apart without thinking.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 pm

That wasn't even why i said that, i said it because you're being dumb about what a furry is. Everyone knows what they mean with "no fucking furries allowed", do a google image search with the word "furries", seriously.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby chadacha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Mirak wrote:Yes you are because Minnie is flat as fuck as a character and boring as shit in every other way. Minnie was cool once, having a personality of her own, but then she fell into a muddy pit in the writing and became an agsty, deadpan, all-out bore that has as her only objective getting in junior's pants. That is absolutely all she has going on about her, i personally cannot fathom how she still has fans in thsi community.

LOL, that sounded a bit rude, but meh, my opinion, I personally don't like Mimi. :roll: I just want to know if that red evilness thing Mandy took away from Mimi would affect Minnie (though at this rate, I doubt it would, the story is mainly about Mimi now). Well, I'm off, this place is obviously not a place for me lol, not used to it! :)

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:45 pm

punzil504 wrote:Depending upon which vampire series you read the whole Vampire/Lycan scenario is usually intertwined in some way...

In the Necroscope universe, for example, Lycans are humans bitten by a wolf carrying a vampric leech... the bite transfers the vampire's egg to the victim, and carries the DNA of both vampire and wolf.

Actually, having the ability to turn into a wolf does not mean she is a Lycan, since Lycans are generally affected by the moon's phases. however, vampires possessing some form of shape changing ability are actually rather common, whether it's a wolf, a bat, or a cloud of gas that allows them to flee when weakened.

I'm not personally familiar with whatever series this Mina comes from, but judging by the reactions, those who are have never seen her utilize a wolf's form, which makes it reasonable to assume that in the character's universe of origin she does not possess this power.

Well, in the orginal cartoon, she was still fully human, so she techically did not have any powers (except maybe the ability to reach whatever small hard bitter heart the Count posessed; and melt it)
Now that I think of it, in the original "Mina and the Count" show, Mina specifically said the count could turn into a wolf (as well as a bat) during her school report on him. If (as we are tending to assume, it was the count who "made" her, she might have inherited his shapeshifting powers. Turning into a wolf is indeed quite common; Bram Stoker said Dracula could do it (at least, he said so in the chapter he later cut out of the book)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby ShadowGT » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

Mirak wrote:That wasn't even why i said that, i said it because you're being dumb about what a furry is. Everyone knows what they mean with "no fucking furries allowed", do a google image search with the word "furries", seriously.

But... she...

She turned into a werewolf... that's like... where furries CAME from!

It's literally the X-Factor! There is nothing more furry than a Werewolf!

Sure, she's not ALWAYS a furry, but becoming one makes you one. :|

I honestly don't even care that much, because to this date there isn't a 'no pony' rule in the list either. Not sure why, such invasive scum should be top priority for banning. But even then they already forced their way in, so it matters even less then the meaningless furry rule.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:23 pm

On a different topic, I noticed Mimi looks a little different.
I don't know if anyone has touched on this yet, but I see that she has long bangs.
Why is this?
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:25 pm

We have touched on this. Suspicions are that it's either in the past or future, probably past.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blasphemy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Biostar wrote:
Blasphemy wrote:
chadacha wrote:I'm probably the only person more interested in finding out what's happening to Minnie and her new darkness instead lol

I really want to know more about her background than anything else. Even a look into her thoughts would be nice.

What more of her background do you want to know about? Its not exactly a mystery.

Sorry, I meant Mimi, not Minnie. I have a habit of mixing up their names or reading them wrong sometimes.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Tumblrs: Personal|Pokemon X Adventure Challenge|Pokemon Y Adventure Challenge
Maid of Nope

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Blasphemy wrote:Sorry, I meant Mimi, not Minnie. I have a habit of mixing up their names or reading them wrong sometimes.

Man, the first time I read this comic, that is ALL I was doing.

I got their names wrong at every turn.

Bird oft Error

Postby punzil504 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:12 pm

OK, So I went and watched all six episodes of Mina and the Count...

I do remember the pilot episode now, and that would have made an awesome series if someone had only picked it up. I mean, how can you go wrong with a character voiced by Tara Strong?

It seems like there's a bit of a parallel between Mimi and Mina... lost innocence. In the miniseries, Mina's still a human, with her biggest superpower being the ability to appear when you least expect it. (peek-a-boo...) Now it seems like she's playing a generic vampire trope straight, all innocence gone, and just another Worf for Mimi to beat up.

Of course, these seem to be recurring themes in the GT universe anyway. Look at how HIM went from being a somewhat likeable supervillain in the original PPG to this complete monster. If that is the Count calling out to Mina, what pushed him over the edge to finally turn her? Especially considering everyday peer pressure from Igor and the other monsters wasn't good enough...
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 pm

punzil504 wrote:OK, So I went and watched all six episodes of Mina and the Count...

I do remember the pilot episode now, and that would have made an awesome series if someone had only picked it up. I mean, how can you go wrong with a character voiced by Tara Strong?

Oddly, TV.com lists 14 episodes (which, considering that they are divided into 15 minute segements, means that, techically, going by storyline, there are around 28) http://www.tv.com/shows/mina-and-the-count/episodes/ I always simply assumed the others were either 1. only available on some DVD I never saw or 2. never released in the US (I know that a lot of channels release premieres of varios shows to different world markets at different times, so I can easily believe a series was made for some other market and never brought here). In particualr I'd like to draw your attention to the plot summary of the last two episodes (which are actually the top two on the list, since it goes "most recent first") In them may be the answer (maybe the count didn't make it.....) Barring that, it's a little hard to tell waht might have done it. Maybe some sort of distaster that killed off the rest of Mina's family (i.e. he made her and adopted her at the same time) . Maybe (and this would be really twisted) The count saw her growing up and "made her" to keep her forever young, before she reached an age where his "interest" wouldn't be so pure (you saw in the show how he reacted when he saw her older sister, he may have been afraid she would grow up looking much the same.) Sort of like the little girl in Interview with the Vampire.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby superjp164 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Well i for one would like to see a back round about Minnie (not Mimi), who knows maybe there's more to Minnie than meets the eye, and don't ya people start arguing about how gross incest is. If ya really hate incest then look at it like this, IT JUST A WEB COMIC SO ITS NOT REAL! and ya guys said it ya self's Bleedman can do whatever the FUCK he wants, its his comic anyway so if he want to add a little incest to the story, well suck it up and enjoy this AWESOME WEB COMIC! :twisted:
Last edited by superjp164 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Blasphemy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 am

I think you're the only one raving about the incest right now.

Birdofterror wrote:
Blasphemy wrote:Sorry, I meant Mimi, not Minnie. I have a habit of mixing up their names or reading them wrong sometimes.

Man, the first time I read this comic, that is ALL I was doing.

I got their names wrong at every turn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who mixes their names up at times.

Out of curiosity, I went ahead and watched the 6 episode mini series of Mina and the Count. Very cute show, I've fallen in love with it. Much to my surprise, Mina shares my last name.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:Oddly, TV.com lists 14 episodes (which, considering that they are divided into 15 minute segements, means that, techically, going by storyline, there are around 28) http://www.tv.com/shows/mina-and-the-count/episodes/ I always simply assumed the others were either 1. only available on some DVD I never saw or 2. never released in the US (I know that a lot of channels release premieres of varios shows to different world markets at different times, so I can easily believe a series was made for some other market and never brought here). In particualr I'd like to draw your attention to the plot summary of the last two episodes (which are actually the top two on the list, since it goes "most recent first") In them may be the answer (maybe the count didn't make it.....) Barring that, it's a little hard to tell waht might have done it. Maybe some sort of distaster that killed off the rest of Mina's family (i.e. he made her and adopted her at the same time) . Maybe (and this would be really twisted) The count saw her growing up and "made her" to keep her forever young, before she reached an age where his "interest" wouldn't be so pure (you saw in the show how he reacted when he saw her older sister, he may have been afraid she would grow up looking much the same.) Sort of like the little girl in Interview with the Vampire.

I wish I could see the rest of them, though I can't help but to find that a bit fishy. Looking at what this person said on Deviantart (second comment) and considering no one has really ever heard of or seen these extra episodes before, I'm more inclined to believe there were only 6.
"To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection."
-Henri Poincare

Tumblrs: Personal|Pokemon X Adventure Challenge|Pokemon Y Adventure Challenge
Maid of Nope

Postby superjp164 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:24 am

[quote="Blasphemy"]I think you're the only one raving about the incest right now.

does it really matter? I just wanted to make a point :mrgreen:

P.S. Is Mina and the count series interesting or what :?:

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:13 am

superjp164 wrote:does it really matter? I just wanted to make a point :mrgreen:
Ever heard of a character from the Ace Attorney series named 'Paine?'

He isn't really wrong all the time, per say... but he has a way of getting his point across wrong all the time. Saying things wrong, making them sound worse than they are even at his own expense.

Do you know what I'm trying to say?

Bird oft Error

Postby superjp164 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am

Ace Attorney series? :idea: Yeah i remember that show, they use to give late a night and it was very funny

Postby Numa430 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:08 am

Can we move back to topic please? I am sick of people like superjp trying to make a point and end up failing.
Under the bed

Postby Mir@k » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 am

Mods wrote:Your call is very important to us, please hold.
Although in all seriousness, people being dumbshits in this forum is nothing new. It is to be expected of 12 year olds like superjp164 to be retarded as fuck like all the other 12 year olds, what concerns me is how everyone seems to follow along on the pants-on-head movement. Just ignore and move on.

Anyway in the background of the first panel you can see giant tentacles, but the ugly texture can't let me recognize if it's a painting or something like fog or something.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Bringing down the house!

Postby ShadowGT » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:44 pm

I hope that house is the house of the Monster House movie

Postby superjp164 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Mirak wrote:
Mods wrote:Your call is very important to us, please hold.
Although in all seriousness, people being dumbshits in this forum is nothing new. It is to be expected of 12 year olds like superjp164 to be retarded as fuck like all the other 12 year olds, what concerns me is how everyone seems to follow along on the pants-on-head movement. Just ignore and move on.

First of all i'm 16, second i was just saying minnie is very interesting but i can't understand why this fuckface can't see the bigger picture :!:

Numa Katzroy wrote:Can we move back to topic please? I am sick of people like superjp trying to make a point and end up failing.

and i'm sick of this douch bag, my point was maybe theres more to minnie than we already know, if they do a backround story on her maybe we find out why is it that she likes her brother in the first place, now back to topic you imagine thers people inside of that house :)

EDIT: i too hope that is monster house from the movie :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)