The Talk Thread to the 17th. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ( ◕3◕ )

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Talk Thread to the 17th. ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) ( ◕3◕ )

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:55 am

Only thing closest to smoking weed here is Shisha smoking. :I
Listen.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 am

...I didn't understand that post. A shisha is a tool to smoke with. For your sentence to be "close to weed", you'd need to specify what kind of herb you smoke with the shisha. I smoke weed in all sorts of ways. I have two pipes, a bong (of note is that a shisha is a synonym of narguileh, water pipe, cachimba, hookah & bong, they're all the same thing with different designs), rolling paper and a turbine and these four are all different depending on what you'll use them for. Personally i've found that, when talking about smoking weed, if you need it

For Stealth = Turbine - The humble metal turbine holsters a lot of weed and it's design allows you to smoke the contents of the turbine without releasing a trail of smoke that can be noticed or detected (properly used it won't even release any smoke). Cons, it heats up. You need to wait up a little bit to let the metal cool off, otherwise you'll burn your lips/hands. Also, if your turbine's design is fat, weed will sometimes get stuck on the sides of the breathing hole, requiring you to open the chamber and move the weed for you to smoke it all and not waste anything.

For the Best hit = Rolled blunt - Direct weed smoking with rice paper and a good roach filter make this option one of the favorites, it leaves no traces or evidence of use since you can dispose of the remains pretty easily (usually only ash and a partially burnt roach remain), it's the best option to use if you're in a community (if you believe in the spiritual side of weed, the passing of the blunt is almost ritualistic in nature). Cons, it's the smelliest option, you shouldn't smoke blunts if the stench would be a concern for you, additionally a badly rolled blunt can fall apart or burn incorrectly, often setting fire to furniture and people.

For the Healthiest option = Bong - As the smoke passes through the water, many toxins stay there, so you get high more with less weed and also put less toxic shit in your lungs. I use the bong whenever i'm short on weed, because with only two hits you can fly like peter pan. Cons, bong water smells like the filthiest of asses, and the average water pipe is very easy to knock over, filling the room with the bong water's stench, and also it's pretty hard to wash correctly.

For relaxing = Pipe - The pipe is an awesome tool for relaxing because you can inhale a lot of smoke with it while not burning your lungs (depends on the design), you feel like a sir while holding it, and the weed burns well in the chamber. Cons, unless you have a pipe stand you're gonna have to keep holding that shit because most pipes fall over if you place them anywhere, spilling your precious herb to the floor. Also, you need TIME if you're going to smoke with a pipe, smoking with a pipe is all about sitting down, leaning back and enjoy the day while smoking.
Last edited by Mir@k on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:53 am

Note that i said "when smoking weed". I didn't include vaporizers, weed drops or edibles because you're not really smoking those.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:00 am

Not the most clear regarding the whole activity, since I've never even attempted any of it before.
Funny how smoking and drinking excessively have already been knocked off but getting high off weed has never happened despite the fact that Psychology teaches you exactly what it can do to you.

How exactly do you even purchase the stuff anyways?
Listen.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:16 am

Musicmac wrote:¡Funny how smoking and drinking excessively have already been knocked off but getting high off weed has never happened despite the fact that Psychology teaches you exactly what it can do to you.
I don't know if i'm still half asleep, but this part doesn't make sense. Already been knocked off what? Getting high off weed has never happened? What?

Most research and "evil facts" about weed are bullshit propagated by a government that does not want it's entire population high, specially when working (their ads, specifically, claim that marihuana is like LSD, that it makes you irrational and aggresive or detached from reality completely and prone to hallucinations, which is total bullshit). True stoners are those that are responsible enough to see the line between your real life and your recreational hobby. Not a single person has died from smoking weed, and it hasn't shown any significant or crippling side effects in long term consumption cases, other than a slight permanent "dreamy" attitude, slight short term memory loss and yellow teeth. And this is assuming you've been smoking daily for like 3 years or so.

Musicmac wrote:How exactly do you even purchase the stuff anyways?
From a dealer. Dealers come in all kinds and flavors. Mine is a buddy from school, he doesn't do backalley deals, nor is he involved with the mafia in any way, he's simply a rasta man who grows his own crops. There ARE shady individuals and you need to be careful, though.

When i first smoked i was treated by some friends. Imo it's the best introduction you can have because you approach that world from a perspective that's far off from what the television wants you to believe.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 am

It's a bit alienating because when my mother found out i was smoking weed, she completely and totally demonized me, labelled me a drug addict and a criminal, the usual reaction from another government-brainwashed moron.

What's alienating is how people can call stoners drug addicts with a straight fucking face as they pop in their sixth tobacco cigar of the day, or as they drink their 5th cup of whisky. Just because their drug is legal doesn't make it less a drug, tobacco and alcohol have both been confirmed as an effective slow-action poison that kills hundreds of people a year, but weed? Nobody has ever died from weed. For you to overdose on weed you'd have to smoke your weight in weed in fifteen minutes.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rough Giraffe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 am

I've never had the desire to get all nerfed on anything, let alone weed. Reason being, my brother was a big user when he was in his teens, and he was always getting in trouble. He dropped out of High School in his third year, and spent about a year in rehab after getting into some serious trouble. And as a kid growing up, I recognized that it was his addiction doing this to him, and I didn't want to be like him.

Could you guys explain to me what the appeal of this stuff is? Even if I don't ever try it, I'd like to understand what it is you guys like about it and why you think it should be legalized.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:44 am

@Mir: 'Knocked off' as in 'knocked off my list of things I shouldn't do but should do before deciding not to ever do again'. Got extremely drunk in Thailand, and tried smoking a friend's cigarette this year, both which I vow to never attempt again unless I am completely crazy enough to do so.

Honestly, what I've been thought so far in college Psychology has been pretty open to the idea of recreational drugs, including Marijuana (cannabis). Research has implied negative effects, but most of them have been objectively deemed almost unusable for argument since the evidence and research itself aren't as solid as they seem. However, majority of research shows that Marijuana is an almost unable to be classified drug, since it has both stimulant and depressant effects.

Since Marijuana does not closely resemble any drug, it's discussed completely, separately from other drugs and medicine.

-It produces calming effects, but not like alcohol or tranquilizers which puts you in a complete blur of everything around you, it's more of a drowsy effect.
    -Distortions can be caused to the senses, but unlike the 'violent' ones in LSD.
    -It's also a painkiller, but not completely numbing like opiates (morphine).

It's also got a whole load of medical uses for those who are incapable of relaxing themselves or experience severe physiological resistance in therapy, e.g. trauma from sensitive questions leading to nausea, headaches and other stuff. Heck, it even decreases cell loss in the brain after a stroke.

Only disadvantageous effects that have been properly proven are temporary decrease in drive and memory recall (sort of like you on a lazy Sunday without any coffee to wake you up), increases in risking Parkinson's disease, and lung cancer from long-term use, same as tobacco cigarettes do.

Marijuana's probably one of the most controversial and interesting drugs to study in Psychology, since it demonstrates the principle of 'Correlation does not always equal causation' perfectly.
Listen.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:57 am

RuffDraft wrote:Could you guys explain to me what the appeal of this stuff is? Even if I don't ever try it, I'd like to understand what it is you guys like about it and why you think it should be legalized.
I want it legalized because my people are being killed, abducted and raped because of it not being allowed to be sold and traded. Legalization would effectively remove any and all causes for the violence regarding the trade of the drug for various reasons i will not elaborate on because i'd have to think a lot how to word them in english and frankly it won't mean anything anyway. If only the government could stop being the USA's "yes man" for ONE second. If only.

Sorry to hear about your brother but frankly he's one of those cases that suffered bad companies. This is not entirely the drugs fault but how your brother was introduced to weed, who sold it to him, and who he smoked with. Anything in excess, or improper use, yields catastrophic results. If this recreational drug is not given a responsible, spiritual meaning, you'll only use it for the high and kicks, and that is wrong. If you don't know anything about the rastafari culture, i'd like you to read a bit about it because it explains why the use of weed is spiritual in nature and why it's important to people who share their beliefs. Usually when people hear the word "rasta" all they think about is "jamaicans with dreadlocks and funny colored hats".

As for the reason why people smoke it, everyone has their own reasons. I have a few of my own and they're melodramatic enough to annoy some of the bitches in thsi forum, but the main reason i smoke it, as cheesy as it sounds, it's because it gives me hope. I cannot say i'm a happy person, life has been pretty rough for me and all the other guys who live in this hell of a country, i'm a pesimist and suffer from emaciation and poverty as much as the next guy. Anyway there was a time i didn't feel hunger from the fear i felt (because of the situation of this country) and the misery i was going through. Up until a few months before smoking for the first time it got worse to the point i pondered suicide (i think fummo is one of the poor sods that saw me go through that stage). Once i smoked it for the first time, i was taught a few things that helped me keep going by the guys that introduced me to it (they were the ones who pulled me out). For some reason, weed numbed the part of my brain that worried, or at least that's how i felt.

People would probably bash me for using an external object as a medium of recovery instead of getting theraphy or something, these people probably don't know how expensive everything regarding medicine doctrines is around here. 10 grams of weed that last me for two to three months is 100 pesos. One session with the humblest of psychiatrists costs around 1000.

Marihuana is a good hunger stimulator (ever heard of "the munchies"?), after i started smoking i felt the need to eat again since from god knows how long. After a few weeks my cheeks weren't as hollow as they looked before (i don't have any pictures but i'd wish i had taken some to have as evidence), and after a couple of months i recovered completely (still thin, but no longer emaciated). I could get out of my artist's block because being high opens your mind to both creative thoughts and external suggestion (i.e. of the latter: person A says "why don't you try drawing with crayons?", you feel that you cannot draw, that is not easy, that crayons are expensive, that x y and z, the same scenario, but high, would turn all of those thoughts into "yeah why not", "i bet i can use them on this wall", "bootleg crayons are only 10 pesos", etc), weed helped me think positively, and i feel that overall i became a better person.

I'd keep going, but writing in english shortens what i was going to say. If i remember what i was gonna write i'll write it later.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:04 am

marijuana can cause psychological dependency, but so can cake

weak-minded, self-destructive people will hurt themselves with whatever they can get their hands on

cannabis is in no way, shape or form significantly worse in any way than alcohol, tobacco or prescription/over the counter medication. in fact there are strong arguments that in many factors it is a superior alternative to any of these things for any number of reasons.

marijuana should be legal because it shouldn't be anyone's right but my own to decide what to put in my body and the only reason marijuana is illegal is because it has been unjustly vilified by the worlds' most powerful people for over 100 years because the hemp plant threatened a number of industries with its versatility in industrial application

anyway i'm not gonna ramble, i gotta smoke a j and get to my job to get people drunk

there are people who i see in that pub every single day and they get blind drunk daily and make a mess of themselves and that's okay. i'm not allowed to do something similar (but less embarrassing) with another substance?
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 am

Musicmac wrote:@Mir: 'Knocked off' as in 'knocked off my list of things I shouldn't do but should do before deciding not to ever do again'. Got extremely drunk in Thailand, and tried smoking a friend's cigarette this year, both which I vow to never attempt again unless I am completely crazy enough to do so.
Seriously i smoked a tobacco cigar once, that shit is truly breathing poison. I could NEVER stomach it, it felt so wrong, so toxic, nothing like weed. weed smoke is so light, so easy on the lungs, so pleasurable to let go, tobacco feels like i'm killing myself.

Musicmac wrote:Honestly, what I've been thought so far in college Psychology has been pretty open to the idea of recreational drugs, including Marijuana (cannabis). Research has implied negative effects, but most of them have been objectively deemed almost unusable for argument since the evidence and research itself aren't as solid as they seem. However, majority of research shows that Marijuana is an almost unable to be classified drug, since it has both stimulant and depressant effects.
Exactly. When you smoke weed, your current mental status is important. Smoke when sad or thinking you'll get sad, and you'll get very depressed. Smoke while thinking of something happy, or because you WANT to have a good time, and chances are you'll have a good time. Is a fairly simple formula. Also, smoking with other people creates a very special bond of human contact that is outside shame and is not sexual in nature, it returns you to a child-like train of thought IN THAT REGARD where before we could hug a man without feeling embarrased about it, is a very special and therapeutic thing to smoke in a community of GOOD people.

Musicmac wrote:Since Marijuana does not closely resemble any drug, it's discussed completely, separately from other drugs and medicine.

-It produces calming effects, but not like alcohol or tranquilizers which puts you in a complete blur of everything around you, it's more of a drowsy effect.
    -Distortions can be caused to the senses, but unlike the 'violent' ones in LSD.
    -It's also a painkiller, but not completely numbing like opiates (morphine).
Yeah, it's like a dream state, sort of like waking up from a good night's sleep. The distortions i've experienced have been so subtle they're almost unnoticeable. In my case, anyway.

Musicmac wrote:It's also got a whole load of medical uses for those who are incapable of relaxing themselves or experience severe physiological resistance in therapy, e.g. trauma from sensitive questions leading to nausea, headaches and other stuff. Heck, it even decreases cell loss in the brain after a stroke.
I remember some cancer patients actually smoke weed as prescription.

Musicmac wrote:Only disadvantageous effects that have been properly proven are temporary decrease in drive and memory recall (sort of like you on a lazy Sunday without any coffee to wake you up), increases in risking Parkinson's disease, and lung cancer from long-term use, same as tobacco cigarettes do.
Yeah, totes.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Musicmac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:15 am

After seeing it get dissected, I now realize I make Marijuana sound like tasting rainbows.
srsly i need to sleep now

night
Listen.

Postby Calek » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:18 am

bootleg crayons, so that's a thing
Signature Under Construction

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:27 am

24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 am

Works as well as these:

Only they're super cheap because they don't have the little paper stripe that says "crayola" on it. c:
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Alopunk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 am

The colors aren't always as nice-looking, though.... :c
Lord Soth: ^ That one does have a fascination in making people more sparkly.
Sable: And here I thought the sparkles you added to everything was cocaine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not much of a punk.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 am

You've ever used booleg crayons? Because i have and they're actually better. Crayola crayons are made with special ingredients so that idiot fuckwad kids don't die when they ram it up their nose or eat them, causing them to be frail and quick to disintegrate. Bootlegs are made with pure raw and badass wax that you can preheat to make fluid pieces and even twist the shapes of the crayons to better accomodate your needs.

Well, at least that's from my experience using both.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 am

Or at least that's what i keep saying so i feel better about having to use said pieces of colored wax.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rough Giraffe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:16 am

The fact that they're shaped like rifle rounds doesn't give you a sort of subliminal feeling of unease?

Gives me a more obvious feeling of unease, but maybe that's just me. :[

Postby Maru » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:19 am

Shooting a crayon out of a rifle. That kindergartner's paper wouldn't last.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Mental Clue Bullets

Postby Rough Giraffe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 am

In a country so rocked by crime, violence and strife, a crayon shaped like a rifle round is a pretty disturbing thing, that's all I'm saying.

Postby Mir@k » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 am

I grabbed that picture off the internet ruff, my crayons are crude cylinders.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Calek » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:35 am

I remember those big packs of 64 crayola crayons with the sharpener on the back
Signature Under Construction

Postby Princess » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:37 am

I miss being the kid with the 10 box ghetto ones, and everyone else had the giant crayola ones....
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:43 am

I always got the color pencils.
Never had any of the crayons.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!