New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Naur » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:27 pm

BeeAre wrote:who said time would be reset? certainly not me. Tachyons can be present and reverse time, but what about an anomaly with those Tachyons, my duckies? What would be worse than time being reset?

*heckler in crowd stands up and says "TIME NOT BEING RESET SHITHEEL" *

hmmmm okay let's go with that.

Worse then time reset? They never existed in the first place?

Postby NancysNightmare » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:38 pm

I come back to find this has exploded into a big debate. My initial post was pretty much just my reaction to that last panel. But reading the comments, I realize I didn't get that Dexter thought Blossom was dead, so it does make more sense. It does make for drama but as explained above the person A and B are separated and due to a misunderstanding from a person C person A is mad at B. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen but...I'm not a fan of the idea.

Postby NancysNightmare » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 pm

RPST wrote:For me personally that kiss bears a strong resemblance to a scene from Les Miserables. Since I don't remember the character names anymore lets call them Guy A, Girl B and Girl C. Guy A and Girl B are inlove with each other and together. At the same time Girl C is inlove with Guy A, who knows about it but doesn't return her feelings. Until she gives her life to save him by standing in front of a bullet I think. While dying in his arms she tells him her final wish is for him to kiss her forehead upon her passing away. He kisses her lips. Obviously a kiss with a meaning of goodbye and thank you. Since Dexter is obviously very smart(if not too smart) he for sure knows she has some feelings for him. Making it more out of gratitude than desire. After so many pages of crying over Blossom and everything that has happened since the beginning that's the only sense it would make and at least for me - clear he loves Blossom. Though I think Bleedman shouldn't torture our minds like this and make us reach deductions xD. It's not nice, especially to die-hard DexterXBlossom shippers like me.

I apologize for double posting, but this. This is totally on the nose. Well put sir and/or ma'am.

Postby shamanking1991 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 pm

BeeAre wrote:who said time would be reset? certainly not me. Tachyons can be present and reverse time, but what about an anomaly with those Tachyons, my duckies? What would be worse than time being reset?

Simple alternate timeline.
Rage Never Dies. Just look at the forums.

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:10 am

shamanking1991 wrote:

Simple alternate timeline.

closer. closer. but no. I sincerely doubt anyone will guess it out. Alternate Timelines means a merger at some point to resolve paradoxes, and we already have established the Alternate "Canonological" strands for PpGD and GT.

Otto in these last few pages. Pay attention to what both him and his watch say.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Para » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 am

How exactly are tachyons being applied here? Because in sci-fi, they're used for pretty much everything, from time travel to dimensions hopping to making your spaceship invisible.

Birdofterror wrote:The only reason Blossom and Dexter got together was due to circumstance. Same place, same time, and it turns out they are both heroes.

ALSO she got kidnapped and killed (Then revived) Due to Dexter's rivalry with Mandark, if any relationship is forced and contrived, its the original relationship.

They were shown hanging out together and getting close before all that happened, actually.

Birdofterror wrote:Olga and Dexter have much more in Common then Dexter and Blossom. Sibling Rivalries, families torn apart, etc.

Expand on that etc, because I can't. Also, I don't think those are good things to form a romantic relationship on. Dexter and Blossom share common interests, while Dexter and Olga share a tragedy.

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:29 am

It's true, they are one of those sci-fi shortcut particles, much like the (actually real) positron, or the (hypothetical) gravitron, or even the (complete bullshit) chronoton, but knowing that, you could in fact conclude that the noun in this case is a bit of a red herring to the other parts discussed...
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Warsloth » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:26 am

To the Moderators: I fucking love each and everyone of you. You have answered all of my questions and laid my worries to rest. It's 4:25 AM here and I was sad, scared and a little concerned for my new found addiction. Thank you BeeAre, you of all, I will gladly have your childrens.
"Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine, nothing is true...everything is Permitted."

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 am

Before I make a prediction, I need to look some shit up, like Stop-Gap and Origin Reassignment in Science fiction. Maybe I can come to a conclusion then.

On a more, asky side of the discussion. Whatever this time-bomb did to the world, we have to remember that X and Bell are fully aware of what it does, so it likely doesn't Reverse or Destroy time, or kill people, because I find it doubtful that X would Sacrifice Bell for... whatever it is he is doing.

And to Para, give me some time. I will come up with a logical and wholesome post and PM it to you, keeping it out of the thread, okay?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby BeeAre » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:07 am

Warsloth wrote:To the Moderators: I fucking love each and everyone of you. You have answered all of my questions and laid my worries to rest. It's 4:25 AM here and I was sad, scared and a little concerned for my new found addiction. Thank you BeeAre, you of all, I will gladly have your childrens.

I don't find your comment weird at all, and appreciate it, but I do find it strikingly coincidental that Soth and Warbear were mods I lobbied for to get promoted... And your name is close to being a merger of... their names...

I think that means I'm your grandfather, and so we can't have sex or one of two things will happen:

you'll end up missing a delta brainwave pattern and save the earth

or

you'll end up causing what's happening in PpGD right now
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:23 am

Wait, what? Is that sarcasm?
Time based incest...?

From Beeare?

Nah, couldn't be.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Julayla » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

I've read this comic for a long time and yes, it's been a long time since I discussed anything related to the comics Bleedman did, but well...anyway, I don't think I have to say a thing for this current page. Sorry. :unsure:

Postby Warsloth » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Honestly, kiss or not, it is keeping me hooked on the comic, this is Nostalgic for me. All of my favorite shows jam packed into one absolutely AMAZING comic, so if the story needed the kiss to go on then by the Gods, let it happen. I'm sure Bleedman wouldn't have put it in unless it was absolutely necessary. Yes, writers some times like to troll the readers, (I have done it myself a few times) but I seriously believe something great is going to happen. Now, to be fair though, I have only found PPGd and GT a few days ago, so I am a bit behind. But, I want this comic to keep going...It's something I can look forward too and say, "Because this is the greatest comic that exists."

PS: When Monkey showed up I almost jumped out of my chair and ran a mile down the road in excitement. Gir on the other hand...the things he says...I love him.
"Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine, nothing is true...everything is Permitted."

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:59 am

BeeAre wrote:
Warsloth wrote:To the Moderators: I fucking love each and everyone of you. You have answered all of my questions and laid my worries to rest. It's 4:25 AM here and I was sad, scared and a little concerned for my new found addiction. Thank you BeeAre, you of all, I will gladly have your childrens.

I don't find your comment weird at all, and appreciate it, but I do find it strikingly coincidental that Soth and Warbear were mods I lobbied for to get promoted... And your name is close to being a merger of... their names...

I think that means I'm your grandfather, and so we can't have sex or one of two things will happen:

or

... Futurama :?:
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:02 am

PP-Grim1013 wrote:
BeeAre wrote:

or

... Futurama :?:

Yes, that was the joke.

Bird oft Error

Postby The_Black_Dragon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm

You'll have to forgive me that I lack an avatar since I for some reason can't find the option to upload one. I should have one up in due time.

Moving.

I went looking at this comic since I looked at the Dexter's lab wikia and saw a tide bit about it. One of which is that Dexter is apparently in a relationship with Blossom. I will admit, the very first thing I saw on this was Dexter kissing Olga. I was curious and read everything up until now. Their first meeting, their little flirtations, Blossom traveling back and witnessing Deedee's death and Dexter's grief first hand, Dexter risking life and limb to rescue her and the emotional journey they went through and seemed to be still going through...

And then seeing Dexter go and just kiss another girl pissed me off... At first. I came here and listened to everyone else's comments and decided I'd weigh in.

Well, I'll get this out of the way, I support DexterxBlossom because they seem to share mutual feelings and have real potential as a couple considering what they've shared and experienced thus far, not to mention all the build up. It was seem asinine to just drop this out of nowhere in favor of having Dexter shack up with the embodiment of his guilt. Not to mention if you pay attention to pages leading up to the kiss, you will see hints that Dexter loves Blossom.

I am completely lost with that bomb thing, so I'm not going to comment until I get a better idea of what it's supposed to do in the first place.

As for the kiss itself... Most kisses I've seen that Dexter did towards Olga are usually some expression of romantic feelings, but at the same time considering the circumstance, it might indeed be more a kiss goodbye or an apology than any expression of romance (I refuse to make any comment involving sexuality concerning some ten-year old kids. Damnit, where's Chris Hanson when you need'em?!)

As for Dexter's relationship to Olga. To be honest, I find the idea that Olga is interested in Dexter romantically somewhat suspicious, but considering I've not seen any evidence that she's secretly out for revenge just yet is, I might just be talking out of my ass. Yes, she and Dexter indeed share a bond in the way that they both experienced tragedy, but as one of the board members said, that's probably all they have with one another, at least at the moment. I'm also curious as to how well these two evenknew each other before hand. Remember Dexter saying Mandark didn't have a sister until Olga was mentioned?

Now, I find the idea that Dexter has fallen in love with Olga to be complete bullshit because there doesn't seem to be enough interaction between the two aside from awkward silences, shifty glances and Olga more or less stroking Dexter's ego to fix the stage equipment. It could be said that Olga originally sought Dexter to get some answers and perhaps getting to know him would cause her to develop feelings for him, but so far I don't see this until the last few pages.

I'd also like to say that I don't find Mandark's death to be Dexter's fault or responsibility, Mandark was the one who misinterpreted 'We need to stop this pointless fighting because it's not what Deedee would want of us' as 'I'm gonna make you suffer as I did and kill your sister', went nuts and blew himself to kingdom come just to take down Dexter.

Anyway, the point is, I don't believe that kiss means what most of you think it means and we're just going to have to wait and see what happens.

P.S. I love this comic and Dexter has so far become one of my favorite characters in it.

Postby iLuvWMGs » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forums, you seem like an intelligent person to have. If you still have problems getting an avatar, don't hesitate to ask for help, we will be glad to help.

P.S: Read the rules ASAP so you don't do anything stupid and look like douche bag.
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 pm

I'd like to point out the poetic justice of Dexter developing affection for the sister of his (late) nemesis.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:05 am

Bandit wrote:I'd like to point out the poetic justice of Dexter developing affection for the sister of his (late) nemesis.

ya considering that said nemesis was the reason his own sister died.

i toyed around with a deedee angel mandark devil conscience idea but couldn't find a character where that would be good enough to put them on their shoulders

it also is rather dark to suggest mandark just went to hell lol.
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 am

BeeAre wrote:
Bandit wrote:I'd like to point out the poetic justice of Dexter developing affection for the sister of his (late) nemesis.

i toyed around with a deedee angel mandark devil conscience idea but couldn't find a character where that would be good enough to put them on their shoulders

it also is rather dark to suggest mandark just went to hell lol.
Haha, funny you would say that. I actually turned him into an Archangel in my story.
The_Black_Dragon wrote:Well, I'll get this out of the way, I support DexterxBlossom because they seem to share mutual feelings and have real potential as a couple considering what they've shared and experienced thus far, not to mention all the build up. It was seem asinine to just drop this out of nowhere in favor of having Dexter shack up with the embodiment of his guilt. Not to mention if you pay attention to pages leading up to the kiss, you will see hints that Dexter loves Blossom.
At this point it is the general consensus that all they did was get the tension out of the air because they were about to die.

It didn't really have anything to do with him no longer loving Blossom or anything, it was just... you know... they were about to die so: Why the hell not?

Stuff happens all the time.

The_Black_Dragon wrote:As for Dexter's relationship to Olga. To be honest, I find the idea that Olga is interested in Dexter romantically somewhat suspicious, but considering I've not seen any evidence that she's secretly out for revenge just yet is, I might just be talking out of my ass. Yes, she and Dexter indeed share a bond in the way that they both experienced tragedy, but as one of the board members said, that's probably all they have with one another, at least at the moment. I'm also curious as to how well these two evenknew each other before hand. Remember Dexter saying Mandark didn't have a sister until Olga was mentioned?

He heard about her last name and relation to Mandark offhand, through several 'funny' interactions with her and Blossom. Eventually catching the name 'Astronomonov' which is also Mandark's last name.

It was all a matter of not being in the right place at the right time until it is right in your face.

The_Black_Dragon wrote:Now, I find the idea that Dexter has fallen in love with Olga to be complete bullshit because there doesn't seem to be enough interaction between the two aside from awkward silences, shifty glances and Olga more or less stroking Dexter's ego to fix the stage equipment. It could be said that Olga originally sought Dexter to get some answers and perhaps getting to know him would cause her to develop feelings for him, but so far I don't see this until the last few pages.
Well I've actually never thought Dexter should have a relationship...
Like at all, either Blossom nor Olga, at least not a romantic one.

I mean, he is already so damaged, every time he even glances at Bubbles he seems to crack a bit. Until he gets closure, he's going to remain broken. During that stage, it is my opinion that he shouldn't be pursuing anyone.

Because until now all he has been doing is being a scientist and a hero, saving lives and etc.

BITCHES SEEM TO FLOCK TO HIM.

Bird oft Error

Postby Bandit » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:34 am

BeeAre wrote:

It also is rather dark to suggest mandark just went to hell lol.

I've seen Mandark as a tragic villain, who developed a huge case of hubris and who was manipulated into doing another villain's bidding.

Postby The_Black_Dragon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am

Birdofterror wrote:Well I've actually never thought Dexter should have a relationship...
Like at all, either Blossom nor Olga, at least not a romantic one.

I mean, he is already so damaged, every time he even glances at Bubbles he seems to crack a bit. Until he gets closure, he's going to remain broken. During that stage, it is my opinion that he shouldn't be pursuing anyone.

Because until now all he has been doing is being a scientist and a hero, saving lives and etc.

Actually, I believe that having a relationship, be with Blossom or Olga could in turn prove beneficial. First of all, as a fellow superhero, Blossom can indeed relate to him in terms of the burden of the role he's taken up and the two of them can always depend on each other for support. Not only that, but she's witnessed both the event that caused Dexter's grief as well as his grieving process.

Blossom has also offered herself as a confident for him to turn to and could provide the kind of support he needs in order to finally let go of Deedee's death and all the guilt associated with it.

Olga on the other hand, has experienced a similar event and knows very well what Dexter could be going through, both in terms of losing Deedee, but also Mandark's own demise. These two can relate to one another in that field. But my problem here is that I don't really know how Olga feels towards all this. Is she angry that Mandark is dead? Does some part of her secretly hate Dexter (since she hasn't made any ill will towards him obvious)? What does she think of the entire thing in and of itself?

Birdofterror wrote:BITCHES SEEM TO FLOCK TO HIM.

Um, okay? :unsure:

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:21 am

First off, let me say for starters: You are a fascinating individual. Never before have I seen a new person make claims I can debate with so clearly.

Now, moving on:

The_Black_Dragon wrote:Um, okay? :unsure:
It was a joke. He is in a sort of a triangle nowadays. Bitches indeed be flocking to him.
The_Black_Dragon wrote:Actually, I believe that having a relationship, be with Blossom or Olga could in turn prove beneficial. First of all, as a fellow superhero, Blossom can indeed relate to him in terms of the burden of the role he's taken up and the two of them can always depend on each other for support. Not only that, but she's witnessed both the event that caused Dexter's grief as well as his grieving process.

Blossom has also offered herself as a confident for him to turn to and could provide the kind of support he needs in order to finally let go of Deedee's death and all the guilt associated with it.

I am aware of this, and regard it with much truth even during my attempts to say she STILL shouldn't be in a relationship with him. However, your rebuttal about her being able to help him through the healing process is one I actually... embarrassingly... did not consider.
The_Black_Dragon wrote:Olga on the other hand, has experienced a similar event and knows very well what Dexter could be going through, both in terms of losing Deedee, but also Mandark's own demise. These two can relate to one another in that field.

This is sort of what I've been inkling toward. To sway the people who view this comic to shift their view of Blossom to Olga. Blossom has only seen what has happened to Dexter Second-hand, but Olga... as well as Mandark himself all suffered directly, losing a great friend and a possible lover respectively.

The main problem here, for ME anyway, is that Blossom isn't native to Dexter's Lab... and that entire 'Mandark' conflict revolves around it. This does not bar her from the relationship, I know. But it makes Olga seem a mite more qualified.
The_Black_Dragon wrote:But my problem here is that I don't really know how Olga feels towards all this. Is she angry that Mandark is dead? Does some part of her secretly hate Dexter (since she hasn't made any ill will towards him obvious)? What does she think of the entire thing in and of itself?

Well, Bleedman, or at least the writer of the story at the time Made Mandark seem very... enigmatic.

I found it fascinating how he wasn't completely demonized during Saga 1. He was a villain, sure- that much is unquestionable. But he accidentally KILLED Deedee, an action probably more painful to Mandark than to Dexter, if that is even possible.

This comic, when I was first reading it, was astounding to me; how the concept of losing a sibling may be dwarfed by losing a LOVER! Who in turn is the same person by 2 different perspectives.

On Olga's side, she saw what happened to Mandark, she new he Killed Deedee, after all- Deedee was her closest friend. Mandark went insane for the longest time, being put into an asylum before eventually being broken out by Black Eden.

At this point we have 2 possibilities:

1: Olga didn't know that Mandark broke out of the Asylum, but found him dead later anyway. Noticing the destruction both sides have caused, she is 50/50 on holding a grudge.
2: Olga DID know that Mandark broke out of the Asylum... and eventually found him dead trying to exact his 'revenge' upon Dexter. At this, she is not likely to hold a grudge.

She knew first hand Mandark was sick, depraved... and then was released from the Mental Hospital. If she went to his ruins, she would of known that he caused more pain, maybe even more death.

I find it unlikely that she harbors any resentment for Dexter... Mandark, Dexter AND Olga all lost a precious person that day.

At least, that's how I see it.

Bird oft Error

Postby The_Black_Dragon » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 pm

... Wait, I also forgot, Blossom has experienced the loss of a loved one since Bunny... I won't say died, but rather dissolved-the point is she's no longer living. And she has also pointed out that she can relate to Dexter in that regard. Maybe not in the way of that loved one being killed because of a pointless dispute, but she still lost a loved one.

Honestly, since DexterxBlossom has already been established, I want to see these two make it together. However, if something happens that it doesn't work out and Dexter does indeed end up with Olga, then so be it-in fact when I first read that page before reading everything leading up to it, I thought Dexter and Olga were indeed a couple. But, my main fear is that Blossom instead ends up with some reformed villain or one of the Rowdyruff boys, that right there would be contrived as hell.

I just hate badboy types 'cause they're always unlikable assholes.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:54 pm

I never found Bunny as strong as people TRY to make her. She was more of a failed experiment and reformed pet than a full on sibling. I do not count her in the slightest.

The_Black_Dragon wrote:But, my main fear is that Blossom instead ends up with some reformed villain or one of the Rowdyruff boys, that right there would be contrived as hell.

I just hate badboy types 'cause they're always unlikable assholes.

Hold on a second, just hang on for a second-

Stay with me... this is going to be tricky- but hear me out-

I SAID HEAR ME OUT... okay... what if- now WHAT...

IF...

She got with...

You listening?

What if she got with Him?

That would be CRAZY wouldn't it?

What if...

Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)