New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby BlackEve » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:53 pm

Well.... I'm pretty sure this explosion isn't fatal, so...

But I agree with WMG. Fuck you Olga. I thought you would be.... evil. Though then again, if Blossom were to turn evil, that would be an interesting plot twist.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:17 am
Location: Who gives a fuck.
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Miss Haru » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 pm

that last panel. i want to say it angers me. that it makes me wanna yell at someone.
but i can't.

no. becuase i'm just sad. so very, very sad.

seriously, fuck you olga
Image
Mindless Self Indulgence // Tumblr // DeviantArt (hiatus)
Is Not Currently Available
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Behind your shoulder
Gender: Female

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Why is everyone cursing Olga while it was Dexter who did it?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby GridsNaranek » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Image

Fuck you Olgaaa~!
Bloodsguar Studios member

WE ARE ALL GRIDS
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 9696
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:00 am
Location: I Have Always Been Here
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby BlackEve » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 pm

Lol, I might watch that movie once it debuts.

Anyways....as much as I despise this page, it's not like this comic will get any better for us soon. Except for Mirak, but that's a different story.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:17 am
Location: Who gives a fuck.
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Mir@k » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 pm

You guys are all idiots. And i'm talking about outside my toying with the shipping of the comic. Seriously, it's the first time in my life i have seen people berating a female character for being kissed, not kissing the boy herself, just what kind of material is your brain composed of? If anything, Dexter would be the one at fault IF his actions weren't completely fucking understandable under the situation they're going through, that you honestly cannot/don't want to see it is frankly astonishing.

I wonder if you guys really can't see past your noses into the bigger picture of the reasoning behind Dexter's actions and are just berating Olga for the el oh els because if that's the case you all are fucking stupid imho imho imho imho.

Not one of them is at fault and i truly hope the relationship between these two characters develops further even if they don't take it to any level and Dexter sticks with Blossom, THAT IS PERFECTLY OKAY, because the emotional bond they (Dexter and Olga) share is both tragic and beautiful, i'm not hating at Blossom because she has been, at the very least by the doujin's standard, a pretty awesome girlfriend, i'm just stating a fact: Dexter's and Olga's relationship is interesting and exciting because we don't know what implications might come after/if she's already aware that Dexter was partially responsible for Olga's brother's death. Mandark killed DeeDee, and you COULD say Dexter basically killed Mandark. We don't know if Olga knows, and this is why the relationship between the two is so tragic and beautiful, because they both clearly care for each other, but would that change once Olga knows what happened, or wouldn't it since they care for each other? It's just a more complex and interesting thing to watch than Blossom and Dexter because you could say these two are already "an item". Blossom has very little flaws and as someone mentioned before she's a god damn superhero. Olga is not. You see the difference? No you don't, because you're* the type of people that berates a character because it's the rival of your favorite shipping. What a dumbass.

*And I say 'you' in general, but generallly i mean it towards people who just berate a character for the shits and giggles rather than for good, justified reasons instead opting for "fuck you olga durp durp herp derp". It's infuriating to see such a level of density inside someone's head.

Also i truly hope we don't get the same old "oh shit love interest was watching when they kissed" scenario, we've seen that shit plenty of times before.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Grieffon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Mirak wrote:If anything, Dexter would be the one at fault IF his actions weren't completely fucking understandable under the situation they're going through, that you honestly cannot/don't want to see it is frankly astonishing.

From how I see it, it's because of the circumstances they were in that make Dexter's action unjustifiable. He kissed another girl a few seconds after presuming his girlfriend died. And it would have been a little bit understandable if not for the fact that he was about to die. If he believe there's an afterlife and he would see Blossom again - no reason to make a new girlfriend. If he didn't, there would still be no point of doing it.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:00 am

Grieffon wrote:From how I see it, it's because of the circumstances they were in that make Dexter's action unjustifiable. He kissed another girl a few seconds after presuming his girlfriend died. And it would have been a little bit understandable if not for the fact that he was about to die. If he believe there's an afterlife and he would see Blossom again - no reason to make a new girlfriend. If he didn't, there would still be no point of doing it.
I'd wish you could have, literally, seen my reaction to this, i actually physically pulled my hair and yelled "BUT HE ISN'T "MAKING A NEW GIRLFRIEND, FOR FUCK'S FUCK".
Grieffon wrote:He kissed another girl a few seconds after presuming his girlfriend died.
OH GOD WHAT IS GRIEF. Here's the thing, Olga isn't just "another girl", what you say would make a modicum of sense if dexter had gone and kissed Bubbles right out of the blue, but it's not like Olga hasn't demonstrated affection towards dexter in the context of the comic. Inconditional support and comfort from someone that is close to you by proxy (Mandark's sister) affects how you feel about someone, it's not like Blossom and Dexter were about to marry, their relationship didn't really improve as time went by and Olga showing up, who is a LIVING EFFIGY of Dexter's guilt FUCKED HIM UP! WHY CANT PEOPLE SEE THIS AAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: Let me elaborate on this. Dexter killed Mandark (though really it was more Mandark's fault but Dexter is still guilty as well because he died because of him) knowing he had a sister. He suddenly, is reminded that he commited a murder (a fact that people just brush off idiotically because they see it so much in videogames that they don't understand this is not an easy thing to forget, often needing years of theraphy to move on, which does not happen with Dexter because this is a comic) and sees firsthand his own reflection in Olga, a reflection he despised so much because of who Dexter was after he lost DeeDee, suddenly he appreciates the hate he felt towards Mandark from Mandark's own point of view: He sees what his actions have actively caused in real time. He obviously has the feel that he needs to pay up for what he's done by protecting the thing Mandark died for. This only brought Dexter to be closer to Olga, who in turn began to have feelings for Dexter because DEXTER LOST HIS SISTER TOO. They share a much more strong, inconditional bond than Dexter does with blossom, THIS IS IMPORTANT. IT CREATES A SNOWBALL EFFECT, DEXTER'S KISS IS A TORRENT OF EMOTIONS THAT GO FURTHER BEYONG "MY GF DIED LET'S KISS". His Kiss is much more an "i'm so, so sorry" than an "i love you", THIS IS NOT A ROMANTIC MOMENT, THIS IS A TRAGIC KISS.

Grieffon wrote:And it would have been a little bit understandable if not for the fact that he was about to die. If he believe there's an afterlife and he would see Blossom again
His actions speak for him. He is a man of science, an user of what's exact, tangible and measurable, He Was About To Die, and he had lost the only thing he cared about, with his grieving and quickly despairing mind going out of control, then suddenly Someone Who Means Something for him despairs in front of him "I DON'T WANT TO DIEn DEXTER", WHY CANT PEOPLE SEE THISAAAAAAAAA.

Grieffon wrote:no reason to make a new girlfriend. If he didn't, there would still be no point of doing it.
My six year old nephew thinks girls have cooties, do you? Even taking out the ridiculous assumption that dexter is "making" a new girlfriend by kissing Olga, you are once again ignoring the fact that he was about to fucking die, had lost the one thing important to him, and the only one to give him a brief comfort and respite from all that grief and misery is also the one person that completely understands the loss of a silbling in the same context Dexter suffered, it's not like Blossom who lost her sister due to a chemical imbalance, that brings us again to the realm of superheroes, THERE IS SOMETHING THAT LINKS DEXTER AND OLGA TOGETHER AND IT'S MORE THAN A GOD DAMN KISS.

EDIT: Finally, once again, i'm not saying "Support OlgaXDexter, i'm saying "stop berating the character if you can't fucking connect the dots, it's asinine and makes you look like a pompous, ignorant sheep that put's a cock in their mouth because all the other sheeps do it too".
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 am

*mirak walks down your skanky-ass street yelling his signature and throws an empty bottle of santanna champagne on your porch and makes your bull dogs go nuts while strutting around in a jersey that says "BROWN BREAD: FUKKEN DEAD" on it while I ghost ride my whip in a circle behind him in an impala with no rear windshield wooting in a pair of jeans and at least four popped collars (all unironed)*

*we both go super saiyan and leap into the air for a flying Eiffel Tower high five*
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Grieffon » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:49 am

Mirak wrote:[I'd wish you could have, literally, seen my reaction to this, i actually physically pulled my hair and yelled "BUT HE ISN'T "MAKING A NEW GIRLFRIEND, FOR FUCK'S FUCK".

Me too, because seeing all this with a puppy avatar, it's kinda weird...
Mirak wrote:Inconditional support and comfort from someone that is close to you by proxy (Mandark's sister) affects how you feel about someone, it's not like Blossom and Dexter were about to marry, their relationship didn't really improve as time went by and Olga showing up, who is a LIVING EFFIGY of Dexter's guilt FUCKED HIM UP!

Mirak wrote:His Kiss is much more an "i'm so, so sorry" than an "i love you", THIS IS NOT A ROMANTIC MOMENT, THIS IS A TRAGIC KISS.

Point taken.
Mirak wrote:EDIT: Finally, once again, i'm not saying "Support OlgaXDexter, i'm saying "stop berating the character if you can't fucking connect the dots, it's asinine and makes you look like a pompous, ignorant sheep that put's a cock in their mouth because all the other sheeps do it too".

Actually, I want to see some Olga x Dexter, but it seems unusual in the current situation. But as I said, point taken.
Mirak wrote:WHY CANT PEOPLE SEE THIS AAAAAAAAAA

Hey, at least I'm giving reasons.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:12 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby shamanking1991 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:52 am

Well Dexter kissed her, time for some delicious drama. Because they are clearly NOT dead,if there still in the same area, they're clearly still alive...somewhere......

Also Membrane....Awesome till (not) death.

tri_force_91489 wrote:I don't think Blossom and Dexter can be together I'm not trying to hate on them or anything it's just that when it comes to Dexter he may have a super intelligent mind and he can make any scientific gadget in the world but he's still a human so when it comes to Blossom and her superpowers, Dexter's pretty much weaker than Blossom and she would accidentally kill him if they had sex due to her superhuman strength so therefore Blossom and Dexter can't be together.


Let's say it DOES get to this point I'm pretty sure after years of practice with her superpowers and blossom being the most focused of the 3. I'm sure she can control her powers with enough mastery to even not snap him LIKE A F$#@-ING PENCIL.

((At Black eve first small message))

To be honest no, that would be a bad fan-fic route, but that just my opinion.

EDIT: Looking back at the last panel, Dexter really looks like he's last all hope, and Olga looks scarred $hitless, the expressions there are PERFECT for near death.
Rage Never Dies. Just look at the forums.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Naraka
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:59 am

THEY CAN'T HAVE SEX. THEY'RE KIDS NOT EVEN TEENS YET. STOP IT WITH THIS CREEPY AS SHIT BORDERLINE PEDOPHILLIAC BUSINESS OKAY THANKS EVERYONE IT'S BEEN DELICIOUS TALKING TO ALL OF YOU.
BeeAre wrote:jersey that says "BROWN BREAD: FUKKEN DEAD"
You know i'm currently having screen printing as a subject and i'm going to totally bring this to life.
Grieffon wrote:Me too, because seeing all this with a puppy avatar, it's kinda weird...
Then read all my posts with a squeaky pikachu-esque voice that is both extremely insightful, adorable and downright terrifying.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Marquis de Soth » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:03 am

The subject of children having sex is incredibly creepy and you all can stop talking about it now. I never thought that I would have to start paying special attention for it but I'll be removing any other attempts at continuing that topic and handing out warnings.
Marquis de Soth

offline
 

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Banshee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:46 am

This thread is the reason I still drop in.

I laugh at all this. Hurry up and end this fight! I want to get to something els!
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 542
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Masterius » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:09 am

Mirak wrote:


Actually, I ought to quote the whole damn thing because it's just that good. But you can read it just above.

Mirak, the only negative thing about your post is that you did it before *I* could :grin: , and by the time I'd read yours you pretty much had said exactly what I'd wanted to say (and seemed also to feel exactly the way I felt, too, about both the art and some of the posters' reactions to it).

For God's sake, will some of you take a chill pill? Last page you were all growling and condemning Olga, sure she was 'moving in for the kill'. Now you're all either condemning Olga for being kissed, or damning Dexter for kissing her. Did you all miss his parting comment? "Good Bye." Have none of you kissed a dear friend good bye? And that's under normal circumstances!

Olga looks up at Dexter, tears in her eyes and voice quivering with fear, stuttering, "I don't want to die Dexter!". And Dexter knows something bad is going to happen, that he's powerless to prevent it just as he was powerless to prevent Blossom's death. He couldn't protect, or save, either of them.

So he kisses Olga good bye.

Look at their shadows: do they look like they're lip-locked in a lover's clench? Not to me they don't. To me it looks as if Dexter has one hand atop Olga's shoulder and is gently kissing her cheek.

If that's not perfectly normal and understandable, well, hell, I just don't know what is.
Sundered Sisters: a PPG fanfic
Last Update: 03/31/2012

comments and critiques welcomed

Image Image Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:56 pm
Location: Inside the box along with Schrödinger's cat
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby jenlan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 am

Thank you Mirak. I'd been having a pretty bad day until now, but you brightened it right up. Not just for making a boatload of good points or for the adorable puppy either. Though I will admit they did help, but just your wording was freaking hilarious. Anyways, I'm due for my next post to the forums in another........4,000 years? Yup, sounds about right. ^^
Pokemon White Friend Code: 3224 9259 0766
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Location: Texas,United States
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby iLuvWMGs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:44 am

Oh wow... I am gone for just a few hours and when I come back, everything comes down Jersey style.
Thanks Marquis, those tramps needed to be put in check.

And since no one has pointed this out yet, BR, I am in love with the added sparkles in your avatar... ^_^
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 am
Location: The little red dot
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:34 am

*Sighs*...So...Gonna try and change the topic here...anyone ship ProfessorXMembrane?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby BlackEve » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:05 am

Masterius wrote:
Mirak wrote:


Actually, I ought to quote the whole damn thing because it's just that good. But you can read it just above.

Mirak, the only negative thing about your post is that you did it before *I* could :grin: , and by the time I'd read yours you pretty much had said exactly what I'd wanted to say (and seemed also to feel exactly the way I felt, too, about both the art and some of the posters' reactions to it).

For God's sake, will some of you take a chill pill? Last page you were all growling and condemning Olga, sure she was 'moving in for the kill'. Now you're all either condemning Olga for being kissed, or damning Dexter for kissing her. Did you all miss his parting comment? "Good Bye." Have none of you kissed a dear friend good bye? And that's under normal circumstances!

Olga looks up at Dexter, tears in her eyes and voice quivering with fear, stuttering, "I don't want to die Dexter!". And Dexter knows something bad is going to happen, that he's powerless to prevent it just as he was powerless to prevent Blossom's death. He couldn't protect, or save, either of them.

So he kisses Olga good bye.

Look at their shadows: do they look like they're lip-locked in a lover's clench? Not to me they don't. To me it looks as if Dexter has one hand atop Olga's shoulder and is gently kissing her cheek.

If that's not perfectly normal and understandable, well, hell, I just don't know what is.


Usually when it comes to saying good-bye to a friend, a hug might as well be enough for a farewell. When it's kissing good-bye, I heard that it's usually for those "more than friends" kind. Which reminds me, this does give a tiny vibe on that kiss Minnie gave Junior before she went to heaven, except this time they aren't siblings. The kiss on cheek seems much more reasonable and I bet less hate-worthy but it's probably not the kind of kiss Dexter is giving Olga.

And WMG, you can give Alo the credit for the sparkles on BR's avatar. Speaking of which... Do you want any sparkles on yours?

@MQuinny, I'm not the only one? Then again, it was acknowledged a chapter ago.
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:17 am
Location: Who gives a fuck.
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby iLuvWMGs » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:07 am

Thanks but no thanks, spoils the mood of the image...
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:34 am
Location: The little red dot
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Mir@k » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 am

BlackEve wrote:The kiss on cheek seems much more reasonable and I bet less hate-worthy
   It's a mouth kiss. EGAD COVER THE EYES OF THE CHILDREN.   And wait what hate worthy what is this stup-didn't we already state just why there can be no hate? Should, at least.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Warbear » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:03 am

*scratches head slowly*
Image
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
Veteran of the Bear Wars
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1175
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:33 pm
Location: CANADA, YOU FUCKS
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Collider » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:06 am

I was expecting this page to start with Olga kissing Dexter, but boy have I been pleasantly surprised. Well pulled, BeeAre. I almost feel like shipping OlgaxDexter now, even if only because it makes for some VERY interesting drama (but who I am kidding, this is just so damn cute).

On a side note, Membrane is awesome.
Gaze into nothingness and despair!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:36 pm
Location: Somewhere in Brazil.
Gender: None specified

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:13 am

THANK YOU.

Someone pays attention to the important characters inside of bitching about the side story.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: r=R{(M[2]/3M[1])^1/3}
Gender: Male

Re: New PpGD: "The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below" (6/27/12)

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:25 am

All mods in one thread talking to KIDS who will TAKE NOTHING in is exciting.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:33 pm
Location: in the TARDIS
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 6 guests