The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Tiger Above, The Cliff Below

Postby Blossom137 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Hmm tricky but what if they didnt kiss yet?and what if the explotion stopped in the middle?and what if everyone came back?well maybe this will happen next.May be but im not sure.May be.
SuGaR, sPiCe and EvErYtHiNg NiCe

Postby Nightingale » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:44 pm

no.. no.. no.. Why Dexter?... i thought you saw her as a little sister. :redface: But i guess when your dying hidden emotions appear.

Postby Baby_Blion » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

What if he wasn't kissing her? What if he was telling her something, but Bleedman made it look like that just to mess with your feels? (I just don't want Dexter to be a cheater XD)
Nyu ~<3

Postby UnquestionableNinja » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Ok Blossom, I use to be a fan of your love interest, but he is too fast...
So as for revenge, revive Mandark by becoming friend with grim and teach that two timing boy genius a thing or two! Just don't touch HIM, we already have a Grim Tales where that happens, do not want two of them.
Last edited by UnquestionableNinja on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ZeroUltima » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Guys, come on really, there is no link between ppgd and grim tales no matter how much it feels like there will be, BeeAre himself, already said that there are no ties between the both, and I can truly respect that decision.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:25 pm

there is no HIM/Blossom relationship in PpGD. GT and PpGD are separate universes. Anyone who makes this kind of supposition is making me just a little bit irritated.

Jeremiah White wrote:I understand why people are upset about the kiss, but I'd like to point out a few things. Throughout the whole comic there's always been some kind of emotional attachment between Olga and Dexter, and if one's going to die, they automatically think of right then and there. Also, HIM and Blossom aren't going to have a "relationship". Chances are that HIM offers her a deal to save someone's life, or something along those lines, and Blossom will be inclined to accept it. She's not a transparent enough character to bear the devil's children just out of spite against someone.

Also, Dexter thinks Blossom is dead (as seen a few pages ago)

gavind21 wrote:There was once a man who was being chased by a ferocious tiger across a field. At the edge of the field there was a cliff. In order to escape the jaws of the tiger, the man caught hold of a vine and swung himself over the edge of the cliff. Dangling down, he saw, to his dismay, there were more tigers on the ground below him! And, furthermore, two little mice were gnawing on the vine to which he clung. He knew that at any moment he would fall to certain death. That's when he noticed a wild strawberry growing on the cliff wall. Clutching the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other and put it in his mouth.

He never before realized how sweet a strawberry could taste. - Zen tale

listen to these people.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:47 pm

BeeAre wrote:there is no HIM/Blossom relationship in PpGD. GT and PpGD are separate universes. Anyone who makes this kind of supposition is making me just a little bit irritated.

Jeremiah White wrote:I understand why people are upset about the kiss, but I'd like to point out a few things. Throughout the whole comic there's always been some kind of emotional attachment between Olga and Dexter, and if one's going to die, they automatically think of right then and there. Also, HIM and Blossom aren't going to have a "relationship". Chances are that HIM offers her a deal to save someone's life, or something along those lines, and Blossom will be inclined to accept it. She's not a transparent enough character to bear the devil's children just out of spite against someone.

Also, Dexter thinks Blossom is dead (as seen a few pages ago)

gavind21 wrote:There was once a man who was being chased by a ferocious tiger across a field. At the edge of the field there was a cliff. In order to escape the jaws of the tiger, the man caught hold of a vine and swung himself over the edge of the cliff. Dangling down, he saw, to his dismay, there were more tigers on the ground below him! And, furthermore, two little mice were gnawing on the vine to which he clung. He knew that at any moment he would fall to certain death. That's when he noticed a wild strawberry growing on the cliff wall. Clutching the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other and put it in his mouth.

He never before realized how sweet a strawberry could taste. - Zen tale

listen to these people.

this! thank you for clearing that up. a lot of us keep saying that poor Dexter is a cheater when he kissed Olga in their presumably final moment but fail to realize that Dexter is under the illusion that Blossom is dead. Olga was the only one there at his side. he turned to her for comfort. she cared for him. and as Jeremiah mentioned, they had some sort of emotional attachment between each other. kind of think of it, i actually believe that Olga have had feelings for Dexter from the very beginning but could never act upon them. and as this fateful moment came, it was expected that these two would kiss.

again, Dexter is not a cheater b/c to him, Blossom is dead.
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:02 pm

NallCalmer: you are a wonderful person.

Lots of people in this thread: saying dexter is cheating on blossom is saying that peanut butter cheats on jelly whenever you put a banana in your sandwich because you can't find the jelly because you thought the jelly was gone forever RIGHT AS YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE you little dorks.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Akuto The Demon Lord » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Oh man.....that's just...ugh no it just sucks. And I'm not talking about the everyone dying thing, I'm talking about that last panel....smdh

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Akuto The Demon Lord wrote:Oh man.....that's just...ugh no it just sucks. And I'm not talking about the everyone dying thing, I'm talking about that last panel....smdh

[IMG Emperor Palpatine] Good, Good, Let The Hate Flow Through You
BR

Postby Omegakishan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Hmm... To summarise the points I agree with and my own opinion, dexter thinks blossom is dead and what happens between him and Olga is more or less him pretending he's kissing blossom instead, or Olga started that and the next comic shows him pushing her away and demanding an explanation. For me grim tales occurs in an alternate universe or Mimi is the adopted daughter of dexter and blossom. In order to save Mimi and dexters lives she make a deal with him but doesn't read the fine print.

Nevertheless, I was still furious when I first saw this.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Omegakishan wrote:Hmm... To summarise the points I agree with and my own opinion, dexter thinks blossom is dead and what happens between him and Olga is more or less him pretending he's kissing blossom instead, or Olga started that and the next comic shows him pushing her away and demanding an explanation. For me grim tales occurs in an alternate universe or Mimi is the adopted daughter of dexter and blossom. In order to save Mimi and dexters lives she make a deal with him but doesn't read the fine print.

Nevertheless, I was still furious when I first saw this.

BeeAre wrote:
[IMG Emperor Palpatine] Good, Good, Let The Hate Flow Through You
BR

Postby Omegakishan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:31 pm

The giant sphere of light and the references to time make me think of code lyoko and the 'return to the past now' part of it specifically, giving me the funny feeling they're trying to turn back time, possibly to bring back mandark, and few people will remember anything, wich is why it's a good thing Otto left, so this might mean the series turns back to a previous point in time and everything happens differently.

Postby Merem » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:46 pm

To summarize it all... we are apparently witnessing the suspension bridge effect in action.

Postby NallCalmer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm

Omegakishan wrote:The giant sphere of light and the references to time make me think of code lyoko and the 'return to the past now' part of it specifically, giving me the funny feeling they're trying to turn back time, possibly to bring back mandark, and few people will remember anything, wich is why it's a good thing Otto left, so this might mean the series turns back to a previous point in time and everything happens differently.

that may be the possibility. maybe all this could be averted... and Dex and Olga's kiss didnt happen. lol
(not that im against it. i honestly think its such a sweet moment.)
Last edited by NallCalmer on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.

Postby Spas93 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Yeah well I agree with BR and Nall to some extent. I understand how people might feel towards Dex for the way he did not flinch or pull away from her but the fact that it appears to be the end, may spark an act of compassion and love. I apologize for my act of prejudice in the initial post and wanted to say that no matter what happens it's great that Bee Are can masterfully set an apt aura through such a simple act.
We cherish the dead by caring for the living :D

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Merem wrote:To summarize it all... we are apparently witnessing the suspension bridge effect in action.

in more ways than one, my friend.

[IMG Emperor Palpatine]
BR

Postby Sigment » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:03 pm

BeeAre wrote:[IMG Emperor Palpatine] Good, Good, Let The Hate Flow Through You

You're not helping!
... o.O
I watch to much Family Guy...
Everyone's about to walk through Death's door... I think it's about time someone slammed it shut.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MissAwesineness » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:08 pm

>:( Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :'( Blossom can't be gone!!!!!!!! I loved her!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( And Dex really?? Just gonna kiss Olga I knew that day would happen -.-

Postby SuperFireDagwon » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

We're dealing with some major temporal mojo here so anything can and will happen.

Let's just calm down and wait and see what Bleedman and company have planned.

As for Dexter kissing Olga, so what? Hey, I'm as much a BlossomXDexter shipper as the next person (and I've shipped some pretty interesting couples in my time as an anime fanboy-Jeri/Leomon, Henry/Renamon, Tai/Koji from RiD for example) but him kissing Olga at the last minute is the normal human thing to do.

He's hurt thinking Blossom is gone, and all he wants is one good memory before whatever happenes. If and when everything is put right, I'm pretty sure Olga will be the one to tell Dexter to not worry about the kiss, or will tell Blossom so it'll be a non-issue before it could become an issue.

Postby achthenuts » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Alternate universe ? I accept it. :mrgreen:
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Exodis » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:41 pm

W00T! BeeAre is givin' a teachings on the GT and PPGD universal differences to the people of this tread! Love that guy!
I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Regreme » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Interesting plot twist with Dexter and Olga. And is it just me... or does it seem like that first woman in the background with the long hair, in the second panel with her, she seems... younger, like she's regressing in the blast. Well, it is a tachyon type blast or however that's spelled, so time's messed up. Wonder what else it'll mess up..... So much potential for that blast's effects.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:20 pm

is the bomb dangerous? yes. but how? Otto only can guess.
BR

Postby Deadpool94 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:44 pm

I really wish this didn't have to happen. :'(
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!