Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 am
Putting up a Character Sheet for this, finally got some time for a little chaos. :3L U C K L E S SName
- Markus LloydNickname
- The Thirty-Sixth Puppet of Chaos, "Luckless". Markus' existence serves only one purpose, to act as an anomaly. Unlike his younger brothers, Markus' was made with the ability to prevent
chaos, luck, chance, and serendipity. This gift to stop and change the element at will was what set him apart from the others. Nothing can happen to him by happenstance, and this made him the perfect guinea pig and the one to set things straight when chaos did
- Quite old, somewhere around a few decades before that comet came and screwed over the dinosaurs. However despite having lived for more than than a few centuries, he looks to be in his mid-20s.Occupation
- Within the Seventh Plane, where Chaos itself is most prominent. Beings belonging to Chaos live within a realm inside the Seventh, a sub-realm if it makes things simpler to understand, free to do whatever they please while maintaining a rather haphazard balance of forces outside from their homes.Gender
- Male, preferably. Despite their shape-shifting abilities and being practically genderless due to it, Markus considers himself a male of his species.Sexuality
- Straight, although he isn't above teasing both ways.Appearance
- Being / Species
- Soul PuppetPersonality
- Markus' SuitcaseSkills
- Shape-shiftingLogical Immortality
- Being a part of Chaos himself, Markus can never truly be killed unless Chaos himself and his siblings were dead. However, despite his special privileges of avoiding death's cold grasp, Markus is still as vulnerable as anyone else, only without the part where he dies. Stab him with a knife or throw him down the stairs and he will feel pain, although probably somewhat dulled due to his heightened physiology.Luckless / Chaos Buffer
- Chaotic InspireChaos Magick
- Null Zone
- Domino Effect
- All magic requires a little luck, a smidgen of chance, even a handful of destiny, magic is itself a symbol of chaos. So it's no wonder that Markus and his family have an extreme penchant for magic of all sorts. However, each and everyone of them have their own favorites, some even opened their own schools of magick out of interest. Unlike Nine and the others however, only Markus has ever truly mastered true Chaos Magick.
Chaos Magick, possibly invented by Chaos himself on some mad whim, is the art of giving sense to chaos
, a feat that Markus' is very familiar with. Using Chaos Magick, one can manipulate the energies of chaos to bend reality and chances to the user's benefit. Similarly to Nine's Probability Magick, Markus is able to challenge the laws of physics and even bypass logic itself with the flip of a coin. Unlike his older brother's art however, Markus' powers are far more deadlier and much, much, more chaotic. Where Nine would be able to shift a room's gravity with a Rubik's cube, Markus risks the possibility of turning the world itself
Due to the rather deadly consequences, Markus restrains himself to more simple forms of Chaos Magick. Ranging from making a coin land on its tip to casting illusions of all sorts, Markus stays in this comfortable niche lest things get any more dangerous. Another use of Chaos Magick is for combat purposes, where its user harnesses its energies into more physical
uses against their foes. Results may vary.History
"Chaos is everywhere, in you, in me, in the world and all its objects. You see, when God, if He even exists anyways, created the planes, He forgot to take into account what would spawn and come into existence as a result of the influences everywhere. Chaos was one of the first. Some might tell you that fate, destiny, chance, and heck, even life came first, but I disagree. Why, you ask? Easy. Let's look at it this way: The dinosaurs, no screw that, the Big Bang, where everything in the universe supposedly started, an explosion that led to somethingness being brought into nothingness? That, was complete chaos, Chaos' best day ever, it was like a birthday party for him.
Understand now? Good. Now that that's settled, let's get into the really juicy bits. Mind you, Chaos created us simply because of a whim. Maybe it was a good mood or he just felt like it, I don't know and I couldn't care less. Either way, Chaos did it because he wanted to. No other reasons, no mission to bestow upon us, no great desire for a responsibility within him, just pure, friggin' chance. You got that? Good. Anyways, I guess I'd have to explain to you what we really are before anything else.
"-Coughing is heard in the background, accompanied by some shuffling, probably Markus dusting his own clothes-
"Let's see, if I remember correctly, I was created back during the Jurassic period I guess. You know, Tyrannosaurus Rex and all that? Never really did like the movie, the book was better. Anyways, when I was well, born is probably a good word for it, by Chaos, I was back at home, but time there was equal to the time when the Jurassic was almost coming to an end. A few decades before that comet came and ruined things anyways, I liked those dinosaurs.
Anyways, I guess Chaos figured that if he wanted to have a plaything by his side, a little son or some goddamn toy for him to appreciate, heh, fat chance of that, he might as well start with something simple. You know, to kick it off and work his way up from there.
And that's why he made thirty-six friggin' copies of himself.
"-a pause, around five minutes-
"You're just not gonna let that sink in, aren't you? Eh, I wouldn't blame you. I wouldn't have believed it myself either, if I wasn't one of them. But hey, this is Chaos we're talking about. Not Randomness, not Chance, and definitely not friggin' Serendipity, I've saved the kid's ass more than enough to get pissed off about him. Can't understand? Let me repeat then, Chaos is Chaos. No arguments, live with it.
Anyways, even though Chaos did technically make thirty-six of himself, or well, us anyways, we weren't all the same. Surprise, surprise! Each of us had different amounts of chaos within us, some a little, some a lot, but all of us were different in our own ways nonetheless. We were all like one big happy family at first, with me and Nine looking over all of them. Eventually however, we got bored with messing around at home. Chaos of course, heard and did something on his own whim again.
He kicked us out.
"-another pause, also around five minutes-
"Yeeaaaaaaahhh, he's not really the best of parents.
Each of us were sent into the world, to wreak our own versions of havoc. I remember Fortune and Serendipity's teaming up back in, where was it, India? That magic cave of theirs was a real friggin' airshow, I'll tell you that. Lucky and Unlucky finally got together during the nineteenth century, incestuous bastards. I don't hate them too much though, they do love each other anyways. And everyone is still arguing about taking credit for Rube Goldberg.
What did I do? Easy, I traveled. I mean, sure, I'm technically suppose to keep my brothers and sisters in line but heck, this is chaos we're talking about. Saw some sights, went to places, learned more than a few things. And I can definitely say that it was the most fun I've ever had since getting kicked out of home. Of course, I got bored of it eventually. I mean, who wouldn't if they've lived as long as me? The wars are less frequent now, unless we're talking about Congo of course, I don't like Congo.
Conflict and Consequence live there...
Anyways, it wasn't until around a decade or so ago when I heard that Nine had decided to wreak havoc somewhere else. The other planes apparently, becomes a lot more attractive after a few centuries on Earth. Don't get me wrong, I love the place, but you tend to think the grass is greener on the other side, if you've been grazing in one spot for more than a few centuries.
"-a clink is heard again, presumably Markus lighting another cigarette-
"And that's why I'm here.
_________________Captain of Innuendo Strike Forces & Founder of Innuendo Striking Technique
Last edited by Musicmac on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:51 am, edited 8 times in total.