The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Toonami Is Officially Back!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Wait, they've actually started to dub it? I need to check this out.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:43 pm

Mathias wrote:I wish I cared about the shows on Toonami now, but they need ratings to get different ones. :(

Any shows on the block you'd like to see in particular?
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Yog » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 pm

I personally would like to see some classic series, and Toonami picking more unknown shows.

The true name of this one is away too long, so I'll call Ano Hi Mita Hana (Radically different from the other series I'm about to mention), Black Lagoon, Darker Than Black, Kaiba, Kino's Journey, Future Diary, Shiki, and Last Exile, to name a few.

Classic series would include Serial Experiments Lain, Macross, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Infinite Ryvius, and Slayers.
Last edited by Yog on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Rushira » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 pm

I'm sad about the lack of Sarah. Tom without Sarah is like...Spike without Faye. What's AS said about her, if anything?
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 am

To be honest you are the first person I have heard bring it up, so probably nothing.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Dibullba » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:19 am

Sarah could become a reality in the future, first thing is first though in that they have to do this carefully with a strict budget. Once it gets past the ratings testing stage they could begin work on progressing Toonami further.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, that's pretty much how it is for now.

What do you guys think of Code Geass? I was surfing the internet, and I found out about Code Geass GAIDEN. Although it's four parts, we've had a six episode series on [as] before like Fooly Cooly.

Also, I don't know what's the current status of Durarara!!, but they should have kept it on there for Toonami so that the series would be finished. I wish it wasn't taken off air.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:43 am

You know what they should put on Toonami now? Highschool of the Dead :I A friend of mine and I have always agreed [as] should add it to the lineup even before the thought of Toonami coming back was mentioned.
An Optimist

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 pm

i'm glad i'm able to watch it with my work schedule.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm

I get to watch it three hours early at my bud's place. And even if we miss it, he records it. I wonder if it counts towards the views if you record shows?
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 am

Pabst wrote:You know what they should put on Toonami now? Highschool of the Dead :I A friend of mine and I have always agreed [as] should add it to the lineup even before the thought of Toonami coming back was mentioned.

The problem I have with it is that Highschool of the Dead is sexualized. While it does meet what I believe is most of the criteria of a Toonami-esque action show, I stress at the fact that we need to try to keep it as masculine as possible due to the current state of anime in Japan right now. I'd love to have the series on there, but it's got a lot of Ecchi in it. Shows that are going on the Toonami block should have some genuine quality to it.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Dibullba » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:00 am

Highschool of the Dead is a bit too risque for the FCC is what I think the issue would be. They can deal with cursing and gore, but sexual content is too much for them to handle. In any case I would be against HSotD til they actually continue the series. Leaves on sort of a low note cliffhanger.

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:45 pm

when i heard that toonami was comming back i literally passed out
Promoting my story here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51576&start=0
Junior and Minnie are off on another adventure but this time its from a different point of view.

Postby BeeAre » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 am

grimjr1234567890 wrote:when i heard that toonami was comming back i literally passed out

did you go to the hospital? that doesn't sound normal. i mean, the word literally means that you did faint. that's fairly serious, if news can make you lose consciousness.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby DaCrum » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 am

Maybe he's like those goats that faint when they get startled.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

No sorry i was overexagerating
Promoting my story here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51576&start=0
Junior and Minnie are off on another adventure but this time its from a different point of view.

Postby Gienchan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:It's going on the DC block I'm afraid.

I think that now that Toonami's on Adult Swim, shows that suit older audiences would be better. However, I'm aware of Saturday's being Anime nights, and non-anime could be out of the question. If we were to make Saturday a Toonami night by also adding non-cartoons [as] would risk taking Home Movies, King of the Hill, Family Guy, and holy shit, the Boondocks out of the air and on another day. So Saturday is literally a Toonami night. I don't know If that's a good idea, but I'm partly up for it. My concerns about getting cartoons like Ben 10 and Symbiotic Titan is that they're shows that appeal to younger audiences, and [as] is known for broadcasting shows for older audiences. So If we're going to put such cartoons on the block, The Boondocks may have to move to Sunday instead. And since Beware of the Batman's going on a DC block, any DC show shouldn't be on there due to having their own block.

Regarding PPG, Samurai Jack, any of the last Ben 10 series that were broadcast, and any other old show that may fit the block, these shows are the kind that would be showing on the Friday night block Cartoon Planet, which takes shows from the 1990s and the 2000s. This makes chances of any old shows being on Toonami slim, if not, zero percent. But there has to be a non-anime on the block somehow, even If it means moving or taking the shows before Toonami off the air.

Oh, and since Toonami goes from 12:00 - 6:00, I've heard that a user in the Toonami forums proposed having old anime in the 3:00 - 6:00 AM period, leaving six anime shows for [as] to fill in once they have sufficient revenue. It sounds like a great idea, but I have no picks.

It would be great if they brought back Sailor Moon and continued it after the dream mirror arc, since it gets really mature after that it would fit in perfectly.
I'm not crazy, I'm otaku! :D

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

Gienchan wrote:
Rosso Rose wrote:It's going on the DC block I'm afraid.

I think that now that Toonami's on Adult Swim, shows that suit older audiences would be better. However, I'm aware of Saturday's being Anime nights, and non-anime could be out of the question. If we were to make Saturday a Toonami night by also adding non-cartoons [as] would risk taking Home Movies, King of the Hill, Family Guy, and holy shit, the Boondocks out of the air and on another day. So Saturday is literally a Toonami night. I don't know If that's a good idea, but I'm partly up for it. My concerns about getting cartoons like Ben 10 and Symbiotic Titan is that they're shows that appeal to younger audiences, and [as] is known for broadcasting shows for older audiences. So If we're going to put such cartoons on the block, The Boondocks may have to move to Sunday instead. And since Beware of the Batman's going on a DC block, any DC show shouldn't be on there due to having their own block.

Regarding PPG, Samurai Jack, any of the last Ben 10 series that were broadcast, and any other old show that may fit the block, these shows are the kind that would be showing on the Friday night block Cartoon Planet, which takes shows from the 1990s and the 2000s. This makes chances of any old shows being on Toonami slim, if not, zero percent. But there has to be a non-anime on the block somehow, even If it means moving or taking the shows before Toonami off the air.

Oh, and since Toonami goes from 12:00 - 6:00, I've heard that a user in the Toonami forums proposed having old anime in the 3:00 - 6:00 AM period, leaving six anime shows for [as] to fill in once they have sufficient revenue. It sounds like a great idea, but I have no picks.

It would be great if they brought back Sailor Moon and continued it after the dream mirror arc, since it gets really mature after that it would fit in perfectly.

Maybe, but I suspect what passes for Adult Swim's censors might balk at that. They have trouble with the few brief topless scenese in things like Code Geass ; I imagine that they'd take one look at the last Sailor Moon Arc, see that, in her final form Usagi/Serena is naked, and say "Hell No" (on the other hand, they never really did decided whether or not they wanted Shin Chan censored, so there could be hope)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:44 pm

New opening for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDmRN5m8QBY
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Rushira » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:28 pm

He's really taking to us. So cool...

Diablo 3 review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ngazWz ... ure=relmfu
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm

It was always weird they'd throw in a game review rarely back in the day, but it's cool they're making it more consistent now.
An Optimist

Postby Roughnecks » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:07 am

"Live forever Apes"- Lt. Razak
The next Starship Troopers movie out Summer 2012!!!!! http://www.starshiptroopersinvasion-movie.com/

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:06 pm

http://www.themarysue.com/new-sailor-moon-anime/

In 1992, the celebrated Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon anime debuted in Japan, capturing the hearts of thousands of young fans. The series would eventually explode across the globe, resulting in five major story arcs, stage musicals, live action series, and countless pieces of iconic merchandise (after all, who didn’t want their own sailor outfit?). We shared in the excitement of their battles and victories, we laughed at their antics, we sang that catchy theme song, and we definitely envied their cat. Now, twenty later, creator Naoko Takeuchi has announced that we don’t have to put away our plastic moon scepters just yet–the series will return with a new anime debuting in the summer of 2013.

On the morning of July 6th, Sailor Moon fans who tuned into Japan’s premier video sharing site, Nico Nico, for the 20th anniversary talk featuring pop band Momoiro Clover Z, were pleasantly surprised with the news that Takeuchi and Kodansha Comics already have a new series in the works. Kodansha editor Fumio Osano has confirmed that the new project will not be a film, but a serialized anime. They have yet to release any details beyond its existence, its format, and its debut timeframe, but longtime fans of the series have already begun to speculate that this new anime will be a reboot geared to both young, potential-moonies, and older fans.

The presence of Kotono Mitsuishi (voice actor of Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon) and Toru Furuya (voice actor of Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask) at the anniversary event has certainly raised some eyebrows — will they reprise their roles in the upcoming series? The voice actor cast remains to be seen, but what we do know is that Momoiro Clover Z will provide the show’s theme song, it will be produced by Toei animation, which also animated the original series, and it will be distributed worldwide (!) after it runs its course in Japan, though I’m sure people will be subbing it and uploading it online much sooner than that.

I am totally pumped for this reboot, I just hope they maintain Haruka and Michiru’s relationship when the series finally makes its way over the the States. What are you hoping to see in the new Sailor Moon series?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:23 am

Well that's sure some interesting news. Remember watching Sailor Moon way back when I was 6. Wonder what they have in store for this reboot?
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 am

A transformation sequence for Sailor Saturn LOL. No, not in the news, but it wasn't in the original anime, so very likely.
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)