Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Cirque de la Nuit : OOC - accepting all fresh meat.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 pm

One for performing.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:38 pm

And I'll be one for Housing.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Cheesemore » Thu May 31, 2012 9:58 pm

I'd prefer the performing route as well. Considering Siggy could care less about housing.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Asmodai » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 am

Hmm, I'm torn... I'd love to go to a performance scene, but I'd also love to have Marea "help" by seducing the contractor :3
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:30 am

The metal murderous cyborg maniac from the victo...Victorian era...Could work.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Musicmac » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:36 am

Putting up a Character Sheet for this, finally got some time for a little chaos. :3

L U C K L E S S

Name - Markus Lloyd
Nickname - The Thirty-Sixth Puppet of Chaos, "Luckless". Markus' existence serves only one purpose, to act as an anomaly. Unlike his younger brothers, Markus' was made with the ability to prevent chaos, luck, chance, and serendipity. This gift to stop and change the element at will was what set him apart from the others. Nothing can happen to him by happenstance, and this made him the perfect guinea pig and the one to set things straight when chaos did happen.

Age- Quite old, somewhere around a few decades before that comet came and screwed over the dinosaurs. However despite having lived for more than than a few centuries, he looks to be in his mid-20s.

Occupation- Pending

Plane- Within the Seventh Plane, where Chaos itself is most prominent. Beings belonging to Chaos live within a realm inside the Seventh, a sub-realm if it makes things simpler to understand, free to do whatever they please while maintaining a rather haphazard balance of forces outside from their homes.

Gender- Male, preferably. Despite their shape-shifting abilities and being practically genderless due to it, Markus considers himself a male of his species.
Sexuality- Straight, although he isn't above teasing both ways.

Appearance-

Being / Species- Soul Puppet

Personality-

Items-
Markus' Suitcase

Skills-
Shape-shifting

Logical Immortality- Being a part of Chaos himself, Markus can never truly be killed unless Chaos himself and his siblings were dead. However, despite his special privileges of avoiding death's cold grasp, Markus is still as vulnerable as anyone else, only without the part where he dies. Stab him with a knife or throw him down the stairs and he will feel pain, although probably somewhat dulled due to his heightened physiology.

Luckless / Chaos Buffer-
    - Chaotic Inspire
    - Null Zone
    - Domino Effect

Chaos Magick- All magic requires a little luck, a smidgen of chance, even a handful of destiny, magic is itself a symbol of chaos. So it's no wonder that Markus and his family have an extreme penchant for magic of all sorts. However, each and everyone of them have their own favorites, some even opened their own schools of magick out of interest. Unlike Nine and the others however, only Markus has ever truly mastered true Chaos Magick.

Chaos Magick, possibly invented by Chaos himself on some mad whim, is the art of giving sense to chaos, a feat that Markus' is very familiar with. Using Chaos Magick, one can manipulate the energies of chaos to bend reality and chances to the user's benefit. Similarly to Nine's Probability Magick, Markus is able to challenge the laws of physics and even bypass logic itself with the flip of a coin. Unlike his older brother's art however, Markus' powers are far more deadlier and much, much, more chaotic. Where Nine would be able to shift a room's gravity with a Rubik's cube, Markus risks the possibility of turning the world itself upside-down.

Due to the rather deadly consequences, Markus restrains himself to more simple forms of Chaos Magick. Ranging from making a coin land on its tip to casting illusions of all sorts, Markus stays in this comfortable niche lest things get any more dangerous. Another use of Chaos Magick is for combat purposes, where its user harnesses its energies into more physical uses against their foes. Results may vary.

History-
"Chaos is everywhere, in you, in me, in the world and all its objects. You see, when God, if He even exists anyways, created the planes, He forgot to take into account what would spawn and come into existence as a result of the influences everywhere. Chaos was one of the first. Some might tell you that fate, destiny, chance, and heck, even life came first, but I disagree. Why, you ask? Easy. Let's look at it this way: The dinosaurs, no screw that, the Big Bang, where everything in the universe supposedly started, an explosion that led to somethingness being brought into nothingness? That, was complete chaos, Chaos' best day ever, it was like a birthday party for him.

Understand now? Good. Now that that's settled, let's get into the really juicy bits. Mind you, Chaos created us simply because of a whim. Maybe it was a good mood or he just felt like it, I don't know and I couldn't care less. Either way, Chaos did it because he wanted to. No other reasons, no mission to bestow upon us, no great desire for a responsibility within him, just pure, friggin' chance. You got that? Good. Anyways, I guess I'd have to explain to you what we really are before anything else.
"

-Coughing is heard in the background, accompanied by some shuffling, probably Markus dusting his own clothes-

"Let's see, if I remember correctly, I was created back during the Jurassic period I guess. You know, Tyrannosaurus Rex and all that? Never really did like the movie, the book was better. Anyways, when I was well, born is probably a good word for it, by Chaos, I was back at home, but time there was equal to the time when the Jurassic was almost coming to an end. A few decades before that comet came and ruined things anyways, I liked those dinosaurs.

Anyways, I guess Chaos figured that if he wanted to have a plaything by his side, a little son or some goddamn toy for him to appreciate, heh, fat chance of that, he might as well start with something simple. You know, to kick it off and work his way up from there.

And that's why he made thirty-six friggin' copies of himself.
"

-a pause, around five minutes-

"You're just not gonna let that sink in, aren't you? Eh, I wouldn't blame you. I wouldn't have believed it myself either, if I wasn't one of them. But hey, this is Chaos we're talking about. Not Randomness, not Chance, and definitely not friggin' Serendipity, I've saved the kid's ass more than enough to get pissed off about him. Can't understand? Let me repeat then, Chaos is Chaos. No arguments, live with it.

Anyways, even though Chaos did technically make thirty-six of himself, or well, us anyways, we weren't all the same. Surprise, surprise! Each of us had different amounts of chaos within us, some a little, some a lot, but all of us were different in our own ways nonetheless. We were all like one big happy family at first, with me and Nine looking over all of them. Eventually however, we got bored with messing around at home. Chaos of course, heard and did something on his own whim again.

He kicked us out.
"

-another pause, also around five minutes-

"Yeeaaaaaaahhh, he's not really the best of parents.

Each of us were sent into the world, to wreak our own versions of havoc. I remember Fortune and Serendipity's teaming up back in, where was it, India? That magic cave of theirs was a real friggin' airshow, I'll tell you that. Lucky and Unlucky finally got together during the nineteenth century, incestuous bastards. I don't hate them too much though, they do love each other anyways. And everyone is still arguing about taking credit for Rube Goldberg.

What did I do? Easy, I traveled. I mean, sure, I'm technically suppose to keep my brothers and sisters in line but heck, this is chaos we're talking about. Saw some sights, went to places, learned more than a few things. And I can definitely say that it was the most fun I've ever had since getting kicked out of home. Of course, I got bored of it eventually. I mean, who wouldn't if they've lived as long as me? The wars are less frequent now, unless we're talking about Congo of course, I don't like Congo.

Conflict and Consequence live there...

Anyways, it wasn't until around a decade or so ago when I heard that Nine had decided to wreak havoc somewhere else. The other planes apparently, becomes a lot more attractive after a few centuries on Earth. Don't get me wrong, I love the place, but you tend to think the grass is greener on the other side, if you've been grazing in one spot for more than a few centuries.
"

-a clink is heard again, presumably Markus lighting another cigarette-

"And that's why I'm here."

Theme(s)
Last edited by Musicmac on Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
Listen.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Hmm...Yeah, sure, he could be interesting.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Hey Quinnykins, is this RP still active?
If so I might make a post.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Err...I guess, yes...hmm...Do you want me to do a scene change first or post now?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Asmodai » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:15 pm

MQ, you sure know how to sound interested and excited...
Mephobiac
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:32 pm

I am a master of faking emotions.

Umm, I mean pie.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Err...I guess, yes...hmm...Do you want me to do a scene change first or post now?

It depends. What would the scene be changing to?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, you, personally, would be walking around the outside of the circus, the boring grunt security work where either nothing is happening or you actually come across someone, something or somethings that are assumingly competent enough to go through breaking into a magically sealed fortress full of demonic maniacs.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:24 am

Welp all Balthamos is really going to do prior to that is stuff his face with food while Baruch watches disapprovingly, so... you can move the scene on first if you wish.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:26 am

*Looks at time, clicks teeth*

I'll start writing it in...5 hours, 34 minutes.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby gaarafan15 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm thinking of creating an Incubus for this. Would that be allowed, and if so, would I be able to make him come from hell? Or would that be a no-no?
Last edited by gaarafan15 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Back from the dead.

Postby CrossMalaki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:45 pm

I am also interested in the possibility of joining this RP, but as an audiomancer from Earth. Most likely he'd work in some role as a sound tech or musician.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm

He can come from a realm like hell Gaara. Also, good to see you again man. Side point. The reason he can't come from hell is because, the hell in this universe isn't the flanderised version in recent tv and stuff, it's literally the worst place ever beyond the scope of human imaging.

Sort of like Supernatural's hell, except still worse.

As for you Cross, a sound guy could be useful, but I'd have to see what he was like.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby gaarafan15 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Alright, thanks MQuinny. And it's good to be back. I'll start a cs soon.

Back from the dead.

Postby CrossMalaki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Eh, mostly the typical wandering musician going where the muse takes him. Except he uses music to make magic. But that's about it.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:49 am

How would the magic work. Is it rituals? Is it simply the focus he uses to shape his own innate magic? What?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby CrossMalaki » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:58 pm

I suppose it would be focusing inner magic, since his magic always comes out in a song, and the song determines the magic's effects. For example, if he played Daft Punk's Digital Love, it would draw people with mutal feelings together. But if he plays Metallica's Call of Ktulu, then you know who arrives and madness spreads.

It's because of his magic that he never plays Call of Ktulu, even though it's his favorite Metallica song.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:59 pm

So the magic depends on how he views the songs effect.

Sort of "I believe it will work like this, so it will."
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby CrossMalaki » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Yeah, I guess you could describe it that way.

Postby gaarafan15 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

CS:

Name - Vincent Tempus

Nickname - None

Age - over 300 years old

Occupation - Fortune Teller

Plane - 6th

Gender/sexuality. Male, Straight

Appearance - Vincent is a tall man, standing at 5'10, with a slim figure, yet some obvious muscle tone. He has raven coloured, neck length hair, that he keeps slicked back. He wears a black leather trench coat over a white dress shirt. He wears black dress pants, and black dress shoes. His skin is quite pale, but not so much that it would cause unneeded attention, and unusually sharp and pointed nails. On the middle finger of his right hand, he wears a sterling silver ring, with a vine and thorns etched on the outside. He has deep set hazel eyes and can usually be seen with his hands in his pockets.

Being/species - Incubus
An Incubus is, in the simplest terms, a sex demon. They have the ability to place women under their spells, and seduce them, taking them to bed with them, and sucking the souls from their very bodies during sex, or, if the human is strong enough to survive, impregnate them. They are far more in tune with the emotions of humans, and usually use them to their advantage. A well fed Incubus is far more powerful than a regular human, although they are not the strongest demons out there, and if an Incubus does not feed enough, it will weaken.

Personality - Vincent is a friendly person who always tries to avoid conflict if ever possible. He speaks in a soft, quite tone, but is known to be suave and seductive when it comes to talking to a beautiful woman. He is quite intelligent, able to think quickly in tight spots, formulate complex plans, and is able to easily lie. When he is well fed, he can be a selfless person, sometimes even telling fortunes for free of charge. However, when he hasn't fed in a while, he can become irritable, selfish, and impulsive, constantly people anyone under his spell to feed on.

Items - Tarot Cards, crystal ball, dousing amulet.

Skills - Very persuasive, intuitive, and able to sense people's emotional state.
Above human strength and intelligence when fed. Able to put females under his spell, and manipulate them as he wishes.

History - Ever since the moment he was born, Vincent was alone. His Mother, a human, died giving birth to him, her life force sucked from her, her body giving out, as her demonic offspring was born. His Father, an Incubus, had left his Mother the second he had used her. As he grew, he realized that regular food would not quench his thirst, stay his hunger. Only laying with a woman could do this, and every time he did, his partner would die. It was a lonely existence. Surrounded by corpses all his life, for hundreds of years, Vincent searched for a place to belong, to not feel outcasted because of what he was. He wanted friends, relationships that did not include people having to die.

And then he found the Cirque.

Theme - Not Strong Enough - Apocolyptica.

Been a while. Hope this is ok.

Back from the dead.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing