Diablo 3: Punching Diablo in the dick

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Diablo 3: Punching Diablo in the dick

Postby Remni » Wed May 30, 2012 12:19 am

I cant wait to see how long I last with my Hardcore Witch Doctor once I get passed Normal with him. Soul Harvest is one of the most ridiculous spells ever and it doesnt even do any damage.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Hiryu » Wed May 30, 2012 10:38 am

OH GOD, GLAH. WHY DID I VOLUNTER TO LISTEN TO THE PORTUGUESE BR VERSION OF THE GAME?! WHY?!
I COULDN'T EVEN STAND 5 SECONDS OF IT!
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Remni » Wed May 30, 2012 11:38 am

Escapist time!

I never get tired of listening to Yahtzee
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Grivous » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:07 am

Oh god! The Portuguese Br version is awfully great! It's even better than The Sims!
The team of voice actors is unbelievable! There are VA from Harry Potter, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Saint Seiya, Star Wars, Disney, Cartoons(Looney Toons, Simpsons), and many, many others in it.

Congratulations, Delah Studios!

Grivous.
Grivous

Postby Hiryu » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Checked the real money auction house, saw one item being sold for 10 euros and then saw the exact same item being sold for 250 euros.
Ah... Crazy people...
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zelosse » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Prime Evil's? No problem. Hundreds of monsters? Cake walk.

3 champions with fast, fire chains, and mortar?

Fucking ragequit.

Postby Iris » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Please. Wait until you get any 4x combo with Invulnerable minions. Man that is just frustrating as heck. Waller, Jailer, Mortar, Horde can also be insanely evil to fight against. Even as a DH I can't dodge everything or escape everything with Smoke Screen.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Yeah, invulnerable minions is firmly in my most hated mob ability list.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Glahardt » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:40 am

Reached Hell.
Getting mobbed and dying in less than 20 seconds is now a routine.

Postby Hiryu » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:54 am

Didn't they nerf the crap outta mobs today?
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glahardt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:22 am

Did they?
Didn't notice.
Still getting slaughtered by invulnerable demonic tremors and the like.

Postby Hiryu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:31 am

I read up on it. The patch was supposed to make it easier, but it completely backfired. It's way harder now.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glahardt » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Most of them don't seem to do much. Now if they could just remove shielding/invulnerable from Demonic Tremors... Those fuckers already have shields of their own FFS.

Also, this is just plain hilarious.
Furiant wrote:First, thank you for addressing so many of the important issues in this patch. After playing a couple of quests tonight, however, I've realized that the fight against exploiters will never truly be won.
  • DPS is still way out of control - in some cases I've even seen players kill certain monsters before they were killed themselves
  • People are still taking advantage of skills with unintended effects such as increased survival, damage output, and situation control
  • There are several chests that continue to drop gold when opened; there are also still other, more nefarious means of gold farming, such as killing enough monsters that you actually MAKE more gold than your repairs cost
  • I personally witnessed an incident where a player found a yellow item, and when they identified it, it had stats that could be exploited to increase their combat effectiveness - for the class they were playing at the time.
  • Some gear seen on vendors still had stats other than Vitality that could, in the hands of an insidious agent, theoretically be employed toward the end of making combat easier (less dying, and in extreme cases, more killing)
  • Bosses are still able to be killed by players - I don't have screenshots to prove this, but it is happening. Hopefully your data analysis can pick it up.
  • Some bosses and rares are failing to properly spam stun, wall, poison, set afire, teleport into pools of acid, knockback, slow, and freeze players simultaneously while they teleport-kite the player at supersonic speed, carpeting every square inch of the zone with toxic ooze and letting their invulnerable minions with boss powers one- and two-shot us.
  • I personally was able to set up a bizarre configuration in the auction house search panel where I could find items with specific stats and also be able to sort them in a way that was not effectively random.
  • A friend of mine told me they were playing with some person earlier who - and I'm just the messenger here - seemed like they might be having fun while playing the game. I don't know how true this is, but if it's even a possibility, god help us all.

I'm just trying to do my part to ensure this kind of disgusting and cowardly behavior gets stamped out as soon as possible. If there's anything I hate in a game, it's feeling like I'm getting more powerful and that my time and efforts are culminating in some kind of... /shudder... progression. I'm in this for the frustration and disappointment, 100%, and I stand behind you with every patch that brings us closer to those ideals.

Keep up the great work.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Oh god, I laughed more than I rightfully should have at that.
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 am

I have to admit, I only got the joke about halfway through.

Postby Millo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:09 am

Something about Diablo 3 is just meh to me. I keep thinking to myself, what have they done in 12 years that is innovative in this new game? Not much apparently because to be frank it's pretty much Diablo 2 with better Graphics.Also you can't compare Diablo 3 to Torchlight, not until Torchlight 2 is out and people have played it.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Archrival » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 am

Millo wrote:Something about Diablo 3 is just meh to me. I keep thinking to myself, what have they done in 12 years that is innovative in this new game? Not much apparently because to be frank it's pretty much Diablo 2 with better Graphics.Also you can't compare Diablo 3 to Torchlight, not until Torchlight 2 is out and people have played it.

You can compare Diablo 3 to Torchlight 2 which is the point, people are playing it in beta form. Go to youtube and you'll find so many let's plays of it, that you can make a valid opinion.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby BeeAre » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 am

Millo wrote:Something about Diablo 3 is just meh to me. I keep thinking to myself, what have they done in 12 years that is innovative in this new game? Not much apparently because to be frank it's pretty much Diablo 2 with better Graphics.Also you can't compare Diablo 3 to Torchlight, not until Torchlight 2 is out and people have played it.

i seriously think that so much of Blizzard focused on World of Warcraft for so long that even with all the development time they potentially had for Diablo 3, a lot of the things they wanted to put in didn't make the cut, which is staggering.

there is clearly this strange boxed up area in the act 3 hub that appears to be arranged for another artisan, who I believe is the weapon master in Act 1 after passing through the spider caverns.

In Act 2, there's an Inn in the Bazaar--but no real reason for it except to buy potions, and who really needs to DO that?

The world and the ideas for it, the non-main story, the voice acting, the gameplay, they are all top notch. Superb. When you're killing shit, it rocks.

but there are these strange noticeable gaps where they clearly wanted to do more, like... shit, Rakanoth. why is there an achievement for him?

The second phase of the final boss fight.

Imperius.

Why is Act 4 in general SO quickly done? it's bewildering! Waypoints practically every five steps.

i think they made a mistake with the "real money auction house" for exactly the reason Penny Arcade summarizes it. I mean. Why even GIVE us artisans to build equipment when the AH can do that?

Yet I am not sure how they could try to control the gameplay's economy WITHOUT that kind of thing, because it just WOULD crop up illegally, and it kinda still IS despite their best efforts.

It's a hard thing to measure.

the game? a blast to play. the sideways power scales with the artisans AND the auction house? not intuitive or helpful. the cinematics? beautiful. emotional weight behind them? so so so so so diminished. the side-characters' dialogue and stories? interesting! the main story? UTTER SHIT.

i love PLAYING it, but like. I hate how serious it takes itself. i mean, i guess i can just play with voice volume muted or something but i like the scoundrel lol :(

it's very hard to understand
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hiryu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Oh man, what? WHAT?! This is so fucking awesome.
http://kotaku.com/5925172/diablo-iiis-d ... socialflow
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Hiryu wrote:Oh man, what? WHAT?! This is so fucking awesome.
http://kotaku.com/5925172/diablo-iiis-d ... socialflow

looool that is really funny, but makes sense. Foley artists love that kinda shit. Monty Python and the Holy Grail didn't have the budget for horses, so they used the coconuts Foley artists had been using for years.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Hiryu » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm

So the expansion is upon us and they released this weekend the preparation patch that revamps the game.
I gotta say I love the new D3. It's actually fun now, drops and crafting are good, the change to the skills is excellent and the new Paragon System is great.
I say it's even better than Path of Exile, but see for yourself.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1267156 ... -2-25-2014
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Remni » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah I'll be hopping back on to play here soon myself. I'm still hoping they do the same for the console versions soon as well.
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Vegedus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm playing again too. It's pretty good! Dem patches have done some nice work. Plus, a two year break also helped. And being able to level paragon levels and alts at an alarming rate with the difficulty slider and the extra xp.

Also:
BeeAre wrote:there is clearly this strange boxed up area in the act 3 hub that appears to be arranged for another artisan, who I believe is the weapon master in Act 1 after passing through the spider caverns.

Guess BR called it! Coming in teh expand.

Postby Hiryu » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:54 pm

You lot playing in the Europe server? I created a clan there, you can ask for me or Iris to add you.
We'll all be one big happy family!

Also don't forget to buy the expansion here to save some cash!
https://www.g2a.com/reaperofsouls
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:33 pm

Urgh, more spanish.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu Gaming