The Toonami Thread

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Toonami Is Officially Back!

Postby Rushira » Thu May 24, 2012 2:16 pm

I guess no Naruto S then...cartoon network didn't even bother to finish naruto so maybe I shouldn't be surpised.
This is really exciting! Can't wait to see the direction AS is gonna take and just to see TOM agian. And thanks Rosso! You've been like, the ringleader for everything with your link providing! You're awesome!
"I'm glad we had this talk, now shut the hell up."

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 24, 2012 9:00 pm

They can't get Naruto and DragonBall on the block anymore due to rights being owned by Disney (Naruto Shippuden) and Nicktoons Network (DBZ Kai). I don't know about One Piece. I may not watch the big three, or at least, don't watch one of them anymore (Bleach), but If there's anything that I hope wouldn't happen, it's the fact that the big three will go against each other.

Thank goodness Nicktoons only got DBZ. I like the big three together rather than apart.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 am

What I am hoping is that, given they showed the rest of it, as soon as rights become available, they'll get that new Inuyasha they did to wrap up the series (Inuyasha Requiem or something like that) Or since they still have the rights to Yu Yu Hakasho, finish that up (I remember they ended broadcasting mid one arc). Pity Cartoon network and SyFy/Chiller are owned by different broadcasting companies (at least I think they are) or we might get something like Monster on Toonami
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 am

I'm pretty interested in this news of Deadman Wonderland. Been a fan of the series since before it was even published in the states.

And I remember all those anime shows/movies they had on AniMondays... I miss that. I got to watch some pretty good stuff there before they botched it and threw it around from day to day without telling the viewers when they moved it, and to when. Sometimes it showed on Tuesdays, other times Thursdays. I remember watching Black Jack on there to be a real treat.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri May 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Pabst wrote:I'm pretty interested in this news of Deadman Wonderland. Been a fan of the series since before it was even published in the states.

And I remember all those anime shows/movies they had on AniMondays... I miss that. I got to watch some pretty good stuff there before they botched it and threw it around from day to day without telling the viewers when they moved it, and to when. Sometimes it showed on Tuesdays, other times Thursdays. I remember watching Black Jack on there to be a real treat.

If you were lucky enough to get it, there also used to be a nice anime block on IFC late late at night. That one was especially choice, since they tended to pick somewhat more "hard" Anime, and IFC policy kept them from doing any censorship or editing (beyond the dubbing). So you got somewhat more disturbing anime, like Gunslinger Girl, Basilisk etc. I think one of the Showtimes had one as well.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri May 25, 2012 3:09 pm

I did catch that they did that, but never looked into the actual scheduling. Should check that out again.
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Fri May 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Loved Gunslinger Girl. I really do.

I want to see Ergo Proxy being premiered on Toonami. Although Toonami was an action block (mainly, but not entirely due to Hamtaro being on there), Ergo Proxy would be just as fitting as Death Note was, since Death Note was also the kind the series to me that could appeal to older audiences. I've watched Ergo Proxy, I liked it, and I support it being on there, but I'm not sure how appealing it would be to viewers out there. Maybe not so much.
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat May 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Alright guys, today's the day. I know double posting is discouraged here, but it'll be time to get the show on the road soon in a few hours. Here are some sneek peeks of some of the teasers in the block that Jason DeMarco tweeted:

So what will you be doing while you tune in tonight?
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Kawauso » Sat May 26, 2012 7:20 pm

What do you think I'll be doing. Sitting in the same pose I always did for Toonami, feet held way up to my chin and rocking back in forth from excitement . . . or jumping for joy. Which ever one seems appropriate and seeing how I'm in a hotel I believe the preceding choice being the most likely

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 27, 2012 2:14 am

Ok, I'm watching it right now. After I watch Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland, I'll let you know what I think of the shows.

I saw the intro bumper to the block, and everything looked quite fine. However, TOM DID NOT talk and welcome back the viewers. Richie Branson's Toonami's Back Bitches was also playing.

---
Ok, just now, TOM greeted the viewers in a schedule bump saying "Toonami's Back Bitches!"

Here's the schedule once more:

12:00 AM - Bleach
12:30 AM - Deadman Wonderland
1:00 AM - Casshern Sins
1:30 AM - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
2:00 AM - Ghost in the Shell
2:30 AM - Cowboy Bebop
3:00-6:00 AM - Block Rerun
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Dibullba » Sun May 27, 2012 4:37 am

I am curious about the censorship. I just find it funny that they would censor    shit    and not any other expletives that were used. Even one of the commercials which made me lose it when i heard that censored.

Edit: Funny thing, in the original Toonami with Yu Yu Hakusho, you would hear him swear and not be censored.

Postby Mathias » Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 am

"Bitch" is no longer considered an expletive. Only Comedy Central can get away with "shit."

Not sure if anyone can see this. If you can't, then oh well.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 27, 2012 7:10 am

I can see it.

And I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. Deadman Wonderland was what I expected of it, and I've always loved Tatsunoko's work, so Casshern was interesting.
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Sun May 27, 2012 7:29 am

I accidentally fell asleep after Bleach. I guess I'll watch those anime next week.
Offended.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 am

If you miss one episode of Bleach, you don't really miss much. Don't worry.
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 am

Yeah, I know. I still don't like missing episodes of anything, though.
Offended.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 am

Pabst wrote:If you miss one episode of Bleach, you don't really miss much. Don't worry.

This time you actually might, depending on how avidly you watched. I haven't gone online and checked this, but based on what happened last night, I think last nights episode finished the "Zanpaktuo Rebellion" arc. So if you were following it for the last few months, you probably would have a vested interest in seeing the final end. I suppose that means that next weeks episode goes back into the Arrancar Battle (unless they pull out another filler arc).

Postby Fievel » Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 am

I missed one entire arc already, but it was filler, so ultimately nothing important was missed.
Offended.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 am

I really hate this "arc inside of another arc" deal. They've already put in two needless ones, so by god if they have another one that they sneak in, I'd lose all faith in Bleach. I just want to continue and finish the Arrancar arc.
An Optimist

Postby Biostar » Sun May 27, 2012 11:45 am

I'm more interested in Deadman Wonderland than in Casshern (I shall hear that name in my nightmares), simply because it had me going "wat dafuq?!" during the whole thing. I want to know whats going to happen.

Didn't know they would be doing game reviews.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun May 27, 2012 11:58 am

Yeah, those were interesting. And seeing them review I Am Alive of all things was cool. Been hyped about it since reading about it some months back.

As for Deadman Wonderland, again I've been a fan of the series for a looooooooooooooong time. So looking to see what they've changed between the anime and the manga.
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun May 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Pabst wrote:I can see it.

And I thoroughly enjoyed what I saw. Deadman Wonderland was what I expected of it, and I've always loved Tatsunoko's work, so Casshern was interesting.

"How big are those titties?"
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sun May 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Pabst wrote:I really hate this "arc inside of another arc" deal. They've already put in two needless ones, so by god if they have another one that they sneak in, I'd lose all faith in Bleach. I just want to continue and finish the Arrancar arc.

Well, there really don't have much choice. As someone (Beeare, I think) explained to me so long ago. Japanese television doesn't work the way ours does. There show producers have to pay the networks to broadcast their shows. So all the money the show makes comes from DVD's and other merchandise. If the show is based on a manga, and there is not some sort of additonal deal going on, this leaves the show with a problem. TV shoes eat up the plot of mangas far more rapidly than they are written, so sooner or later, no matter how much backlog there is the show, it catches up quick. And when that happens there is a dillemma. The show producers need the show to stay on, to keep it in the buying public's minds, but usually the manga lays down the plot. So they do seasons of "filler" from time to time to buy them some time. The only other options are to go all the way to current and then have to put on massive amounts of filler (like what happend to Naruto) or take the show off the air mid plot and HOPE that when the manga is finally done, they still have thier fan base (like Inuyasha, Rave Master or Bobobo)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 am

I was pretty okay with filler episodes here and there, maybe even explaining a few things. But filler "arcs" just killed my love of the show. I would have rather waited for him to finish the arc's story than him cutting to two different arcs right in the middle of things. It was just poorly planned.

EDIT: Hey, has anyone listened to this yet? A very dedicated Toonami fan made it, and they even showed it in one of AD's bumps.

#Bring Back Toonami the Song
An Optimist

Postby Wulfespinndel » Mon May 28, 2012 1:42 am

Richie Branson? He's making Toonami's Back Bitches right now. I don't feel so consistent with the times saying this though. The guy likes Toonami too, so the intro rap for the block was pretty much a fan contribution on his part, just like the others that brought the block back to life.
Reset. Recalibrate.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)