SNAFU ARTIST REQUEST!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

SNAFU ARTIST REQUEST!

Postby Stan » Thu May 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Hey all, this is Stan.
I am the Artist of Titan Sphere and I am looking for a good story to illustrate. I found that I have to much down time in between drawing chapters and nothing to really get me in the mood to draw. If your a writer and want to have a one-shot comic placed here on Snafu-Comics under the slot of Titan Sphere which will update when Kung-Fu Noodles chapter 1 finishes. Please post a Synopsis of your One-Shot and If I like it I'll send you a message and we can work together on said story.

Things I'm looking for :- Adult situations, ecchi, Action, Comedy and nothing Kiddy!

Good luck to all of you.
PS. if you are very shy just send it to my Message inbox.
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Re: SNAFU ARTIST REQUEST!

Postby BeeAre » Thu May 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Well I dunno maybe the guy who writes for Bleedman could help you write something Like A One-Shot Comic Or Some Such Nonsense.

i was going to do a flash fiction piece for a friend but then i ran out of drugs and got distracted by my intense pain.

Basic synopsis is: one of those magic the gathering style planes of reality and some medieval politics over human trafficking that a feudal lord tries to stop.

But you know, while that particular synopsis fulfills most of your criteria, the whole comedy thing falls flat unless you treat it as an absolutely brutal satire on real-world conditions, but even then it is basically just black gallows humor.

Okay how about a guy who pretends to be a lady because of CRAZY CIRCUMSTANCES?

The thing about a one-shot comedy is you have to establish a lot of shit quickly and then let it drop, kerpow boom wham, and most comedies are distinguished from tragedies in the classical sense by the whole "everyone dies in a tragedy; everyone gets married in a comedy". The result is that comedies tend to breed more material by progression--you've literally got to go out of your way to do that with a tragedy, specifically following whatever character managed to not die to get into the next single episode of this new character dying.

And when you say "ONE-SHOT". How many pages we talkin' here? I'm just trying to cop a dozen feels, bro.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Stan » Thu May 17, 2012 3:21 pm

I could have been any of those as long as one of my criterias is met. Thats all. I am currently playing D&D so getting into that sort of world could be fun. Have you ever read manaworld...lokk it up if you have the chance.
In my hand the creators sword that causes eternal sleep, honour our pact and here my command... "ANIMATE this Comic"

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 pm

viewtopic.php?p=3300049#p3300049

How about the Adventures of King Weed? That's pretty funny. Fairly adult-themed humor, easy to start, easy to stop, lol.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Stan » Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 am

funny yes but not something i would be interested in drawing.

Postby Dibullba » Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 pm

It is almost as if BR is trying to make a sequel to Monty Python's Holy Grail o.O

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Stan wrote:funny yes but not something i would be interested in drawing.

Hmmmm! You have very selective tastes. Maybe some guidelines for anyone interested in this thread? Genres aren't really enough. Do you have some specific things you DO want to draw?
BR

Postby Stan » Sun May 27, 2012 12:15 am

BeeAre : I did really like your first one but if guide lines are needed so be it. I am looking to do a fantasy or modern with more girls than guys, some comedy but not overpowering an adventure aspect. No futuristic stuff please. I think that should help.

Postby BeeAre » Sun May 27, 2012 12:19 am

Some kind of brief gaming parody of the MMO genre, with the characters both simultaneously "real" and "not-real", both being the fullness of their characters while also being the distant player who isn't actually having as much trouble as the character is sounds pretty much down that alley.

Though, there is some issue with the comedy overtaking the adventure. Hmm.
BR

Postby Stan » Mon May 28, 2012 12:25 am

it sounds good. Even if the comedy overtakes as long as it's well written. Not everything has to be a joke but if the main charater is this way then thats something i have to live with. But lets stick with your idea, It will be one of the contenders I have a few PM's that look really promising as well. I ill let you guys know the results at the end of june...by private message of course. I want the comic to be a surprise.

Postby Mir@k » Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 am

omg this is gonna be like so great and amazing and i'm really looking forward to it because br is a good writer :)
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Maru » Mon May 28, 2012 1:13 am

If it's not too late, I actually had a comedy sort of thing I came up with.

It centers around a teen named Raz 'Rails' Bant who works at an ice cream parlor and is usually dragged around by three girls, Sann Fall, a coworker constantly pulling pranks on him, Byne Reed, who for some reason always wears a maid uniform, and Kit Millers, who visits daily for the ice cream. The whole purpose of the story, however long it will be, is to have a good laugh.

I dunno, I just came up with these off the top of my head yesterday while browsing DA.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Stan » Wed May 30, 2012 5:34 pm

Maru wrote:If it's not too late, I actually had a comedy sort of thing I came up with.

It centers around a teen named Raz 'Rails' Bant who works at an ice cream parlor and is usually dragged around by three girls, Sann Fall, a coworker constantly pulling pranks on him, Byne Reed, who for some reason always wears a maid uniform, and Kit Millers, who visits daily for the ice cream. The whole purpose of the story, however long it will be, is to have a good laugh.

I dunno, I just came up with these off the top of my head yesterday while browsing DA.

please message me a little more details on the direction of the story. Just trying to get a better understanding.

Postby Birdofterror » Thu May 31, 2012 12:59 am

Well this is almost impossible but I might as well take whatever small chance I have to say this.

I have had a story going on the literature forums for about 2-3 years now, it's still going... relatively strong. I would be ecstatic if someone could visualize the novelization of my story. I don't want to toot my own horn too much but I have a lot of faith that my story is good or at least holds water when put under scrutiny.

The only downside to this story that I can see from a standstill is it is a fan-fiction, and not just a fan-fiction... but a fan-fiction of PPGD. This isn't so much of a problem as it could be, if it wasn't for the fact that grim tales is also a spin on PPGD depending on how you look at it. Same characters, different universe.

I was looking for a partner in crime years ago, but couldn't find anyone. I would be indebted to you if you would at least give this a look at.

It's linked in my signature, or you could go to the literature forum of this site where it is labled "The Chronometal Wars..."

This is all I can hope for.

If there is any sort of question you want to ask at all, I am available whenever, I log on about 3 times a day at key points, and I would answer any and all questions and work with you the best I possibly could.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Stan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Wow, it's a good try however tempting it maybe, do you think snafu has room for another PPG spin. In my defense this would be the reason I don't take this on... however if you are good at writing Fan fics. Could you possibly think of a story Cross Over between Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. This IMO would be a good idea and i would happily illustrate it. If you do take on this project we Can title it BLAZING GEARS! Or GUILTY BLUE! sounds hot right. If anybody has any ideas this could help in the direction I'm leaning towards. Who knows it could be developed into morethan a oneshot. I'll leave the reinventing of old western cartoons to bleed he's already made a mark there so let's leave that area be.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Stan wrote:Wow, it's a good try however tempting it maybe, do you think snafu has room for another PPG spin. In my defense this would be the reason I don't take this on...
That's what I was thinking too, I more or less used his characters as a base rather than FOR their source material, I am sure I can come up with something almost as good or even better with other characters or even 100% original.

Stan wrote:however if you are good at writing Fan fics. Could you possibly think of a story Cross Over between Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. This IMO would be a good idea and i would happily illustrate it.
I've only ever played the first guilty gear, and I've never played any others or any BlazBlue, but I am very aware of their existence and very heavy story-lines. I just know very little about their standing. If you can give me other more familiar source materials to work with we can get something going.

Stan wrote:I'll leave the reinventing of old western cartoons to bleed he's already made a mark there so let's leave that area be.
Yeah I understand, he was very inspiring. But to be Honest it was Bee-Are and his trusty friend back in Puff most Epic that pushed me over the creative edge, gotta thank him for it too.

---

But yes, thank you for considering me, it was a privilege. But I know nothing about Blaz and Guilty Gear. I can provide a small list of things I know enough about to comfortably Fanfic.

(Shows/Cartoons)
-PPG / PPGD
-Dexter's Lab / PPGD
-Fairly Odd Parents
-Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (Actually did one of these in the past)
-NO ZIM
-NO PONIES EITHER... without the addition of Action Hank
-Spongebob (At this point who knows)
-Certain animes, but I don't feel comfortable enough to do most of them

I would mention more live action shows, but they are very hard to visualize as Fanfic.

(Games)
-Zelda Series (Actually have something going here)
-Sonic Series (As if the world needs more of these, I have a really good one but I never put it into word format before the market got watered down)
-Criss Cross fighters such as Smash Bros and MVC
-Etrian Odyssey (Also have something there.)
-Any Shin Megami Tensei other than pre-year 2000 and persona games
-Megaman games of any caliber
-NO FINAL FANTASIES
-NOTHING on the PS1, I am serious.

---

Other games and shows I can't remember at the time are not listed but still exist. I would feel most comfortable working on my current story, but I have started a little project called 'Protometal Wars' where I actually take out all outside influence (Such as cameo or canons) and make it 100% original.

This was started only a few months ago and I am not too far in but I started it due to the fact that it is still a PPGD fiction, and if I remove that and keep the story 100% original I can have a much larger fanbase than usual... in theory anyway.

But once again, thank you for your time and consideration.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Stan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:31 am

how about we do a smash bros action comic but make all of the characters anime and human with smash powers intact we can even add in other characters from other video games. mario wouldn't look like mario we will give him and all the others a teenage anime make over. lol i actually like where this is going.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 am

Stan wrote:how about we do a smash bros action comic but make all of the characters anime and human with smash powers intact we can even add in other characters from other video games. mario wouldn't look like mario we will give him and all the others a teenage anime make over. lol i actually like where this is going.

That's fantastic, but it leaves me wondering what I could do for it.

Does something like that even NEED a storyline? lol

Don't get me wrong, if you are serious I would put my fair share into it, it just seems like the storyline isn't required. Smash bros AND Mario aren't known for their story-lines. Ha Ha...

(Edit: If you are serious about this I can form a rough draft of the story and PM it to you.)

Bird oft Error

Postby Stan » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:34 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Stan wrote:how about we do a smash bros action comic but make all of the characters anime and human with smash powers intact we can even add in other characters from other video games. mario wouldn't look like mario we will give him and all the others a teenage anime make over. lol i actually like where this is going.

That's fantastic, but it leaves me wondering what I could do for it.

Does something like that even NEED a storyline? lol

Don't get me wrong, if you are serious I would put my fair share into it, it just seems like the storyline isn't required. Smash bros AND Mario aren't known for their story-lines. Ha Ha...

(Edit: If you are serious about this I can form a rough draft of the story and PM it to you.)

We give it one! Seriously there is alot to pull from also getting cross over for characters. It dosen't have to be mainly about fighting. As I was reading I was thinking of putting them in school and giving all of them a common enemy meanwhile setup brawls for each of them along the way. Just centre it on one main character. You can PM me what you've got. Also are you able to attend cons and do you live in the U.S.a cuz if things bode over well with any of these projects I will be looking to get more into this possibly more than a one shot!

Postby Stan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I've found the winning story and this thread can be closed. Thanks to everybody that particitpated. The winner that will get the comic here is Birdofterror starting after Kung fu noodles chapter 1 is over.

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)