Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Postby Asmodai » Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 am

Hahahaha, they're already talking about making it free-2-play in the future... how sad is that, if you already don't have any faith in your game being able to keep up subscriptions?
Mephobiac

Postby Hiryu » Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 am

Have you seen most MMOs coming out? That's been the case with them now.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YouHar » Wed May 16, 2012 12:09 pm

I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Fighter Online and reached lvl 10 in a couple days. Any other MMOs that don't take too much for an 8-year old computer to run?
You know 'dis be a Harold.

Postby Archrival » Wed May 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Why did you put this in a game about skyrim? Yes we were talking about MMOs but it was about the Elder Scrolls MMO so it was relatable.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Asmodai » Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Bot
Mephobiac

Postby Marquis de Soth » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey folks! I decided to fire up my Skyrim again and take a peek at some mods with quite a few months of buffertime for work. Remember that thread on Something Awful that I linked that had some mods and tools but hadn't been updated in forever?

No? Well here it is! And it's been well updated with lots of fun toys and tools for you to utterly ruin enhance your game. But seriously, it's got some pretty good stuff catalogued and it looks that someone is finally maintaining the worthwhile mods like they did with Oblivion.
Marquis de Soth

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Cool. It's been a long while since I played on my current modtastic character, but I plan taking up again when dawnguard drops-
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby True Order » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 pm

So guys, when do you think Skyrim will go on sale on steam?
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby MetsFan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

I play on the 360. No mods, but a vanilla experience. There's something to be said for vanilla. It's a good flavor to have.

I just keep re-rolling characters and progress through whatever storyline as quickly as possible, restricting my skills to impose handicaps upon myself.

The most fun thing I've ever done in an RPG is create a rogue-skill-only khajit thief and steal from the Whiterun stable boys in order to pay for passage to Riften.

Fuck the police.

I can't wait for Dawnguard. Ice-Mace Redguard with Heavy Armor? FUCK YEAH! No vampire hell for you!

Postby Tuor » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:25 am

I was playing Skyrim with my cousin the other day, starting a character from scratch. I beat the hell out of the NPC who was leading me out of the fort. It was hilarious and amusing to be level 5 by the time I left.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby HitsugiNerd » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:39 am

The only thing I hope for in the Elder Scrolls Online game is accuracy in the lore and landscapes of the various lands. As a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan, I love seeing accuracy. I can't wait to see what they do for the other regions. We've already seen Hammerfell, High Rock, Cyrodill, Morrowind and Skyrim. It would be great to see what they do with the other provinces.

Also, for the sake of Skyrim stats: My character is Hitsugi Beau: a Dunmer (Dark Elf), Marksmen 100, Sneak 100, Illusion 67, Destruction 71. Follower is Cicero, and husband is Vorstag.
May the Night Mother always watch over you... Great Listener.

Postby Asmodai » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:37 pm

I really doubt you'll find accuracy in either the lore or the landscape... They cant possibly fill the entirety or Tamriel with as much stuff as Bethesda did for Skyrim or Cyrodiil, they dont have the resources for that. So they'll be forced to make compromises. Bigger world, less lore.

Not to mention that the whole factions thingamajig just feels so wrong. Nords working together with Dunmer and Argonians? Khajit in the Aldmeri Dominion?
Mephobiac

Postby Senel » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Fuck that. I'll wait for the Snow Elf expansion. :p

Postby HitsugiNerd » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:02 am

Asmodai wrote:I really doubt you'll find accuracy in either the lore or the landscape... They cant possibly fill the entirety or Tamriel with as much stuff as Bethesda did for Skyrim or Cyrodiil, they dont have the resources for that. So they'll be forced to make compromises. Bigger world, less lore.

Not to mention that the whole factions thingamajig just feels so wrong. Nords working together with Dunmer and Argonians? Khajit in the Aldmeri Dominion?

So pretty much it's a waste of money for any Elder Scrolls fan. Good to know. It's like any Resident Evil fan watching the Resident Evil movies.
May the Night Mother always watch over you... Great Listener.

Postby Senel » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Not at all.

The Elder Scrolls characters are already bland.

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:22 pm

I hear that!

Postby Tuor » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Senel wrote:Not at all.

you're bland
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The_Black_Dragon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 pm

*sigh* I need to get back into playing this-have a redguard spellsword and I gotta finish that part where I get the elder scroll itself.

But you know what I miss? The weapons and spells they've been taking out of the game since Oblivion. I remember in Morrowind you could use spears/polearms, throwing knives, had alteration spells that could mess with your weight, make you jump higher, glide. The acrobatics skills and other stuff they threw out. Considering how Skyrim's built, the game could really use such skills and spells.

But alas, I can only dream.

Postby Asmodai » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:45 am

Those dreams are called mods

There's spears and polearms, there's throwing knives, hell, there are even flintlock pistols! Those last ones currently look a bit wonky, but with the coming Dawnguard DLC, or more specific the coming of crossbows, I'm sure those will get fixed soon after.

Also, Acrobatics was a stupid skill... All you needed to do was jump constantly
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:36 am

Fuck yeah. Jumping across Vvardenfell.

Postby The_Black_Dragon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Asmodai wrote:Those dreams are called mods

There's spears and polearms, there's throwing knives, hell, there are even flintlock pistols! Those last ones currently look a bit wonky, but with the coming Dawnguard DLC, or more specific the coming of crossbows, I'm sure those will get fixed soon after.

Yeah, but I have it on ps3 and lack a computer with the hardware to handle skyrim

Asmodai wrote:Also, Acrobatics was a stupid skill... All you needed to do was jump constantly

Perhaps in how you leveled it, but it definitely made getting around easier, am I right?

Postby Marquis de Soth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Senel wrote:Not at all.

How about some Interesting NPCs?
Marquis de Soth

Postby Tuor » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:19 am

I hear that they will be adding spears in an upcoming patch
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:24 am

And now we know
Mephobiac

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Sven's a dick.

Previous

Return to Snafu Gaming