MetsFan Vengeance Megathread (Forum Apocalypse Now!)

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Mathias

Postby EagleMan » Mon May 07, 2012 1:10 am

whoa guys we got a guy with crude frankness over here
I've never heard of people using that as an excuse to be a prick before

man he's so hardcore he even says good night at the end of his post
like he's a little child who has to tell us he's getting the last word like those kids who quit the CoD match immediately after saying they had sex with your mother while blocking you

man he even blocked a person so hardcore
he's so above us he can't even bother to read our posts
or he's a 13 year old brat still experimenting with his testicles

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 am

truly the saddest thing would be if he really was 35.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 07, 2012 2:01 am

really anyone who isn't actively a parent on these websites and whose age is bigger than their underwear size deserves our pity
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby BeeAre » Mon May 07, 2012 2:02 am

waist to waste ratio, if you will
Puff Most Epic.
BR

Postby DaCrum » Mon May 07, 2012 4:53 am

How does large fit into age? Is being 19 make that larger or smaller than large? I'm so confused.

I like the Lakers, Dodgers, Clippers, and Saints. There's my opinions for sports in a nutshelll. Deal with, how you say, it.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby MetsFan » Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am

pfft

EagleMan wrote:whoa guys we got a guy with crude frankness over here
I've never heard of people using that as an excuse to be a prick before

man he's so hardcore he even says good night at the end of his post
like he's a little child who has to tell us he's getting the last word like those kids who quit the CoD match immediately after saying they had sex with your mother while blocking you

man he even blocked a person so hardcore
he's so above us he can't even bother to read our posts
or he's a 13 year old brat still experimenting with his testicles

pfft
possession of crude frankness and existence as a prick are not mutually exclusive
never said i wasn't a prick, i said i ain't no troll

tch "good night", grasping for straws ain't we?
i had to go to sleep, numbnuts

your forums ignore system sucks some serious ass
doesn't inform the ignored what happened
the "show this post" thing is aggravating
it shows posts in the topic review anyway

i foe'd yog because i don't want no trouble on that front, and i'm done talkin about that

Mirak wrote:
MetsFan wrote:And will continue to be.
Not really no. General consensus and democracy is a big deal when choosing who to ban on this place, so if the majority of people are asking nicely for you to stop being a douchebag and you insist on being a douchebag despite people having fucking tried to make you stop being such a blatant douchebag then please do keep being a douchebag so that you'll be kicked out sooner because we do need new members here, but we're not that desperate that we have to put up with someone's shit who's doing it with the express intent of making people angry. Not even mods are allowed to continously pull that shit off.

Spam Rules (which you wrote LOL):
Mirak wrote:Welcome to spam, the asshole of the forum (and ironically, the most active section). Do not expect to be treated nicely if you come and act like if you own the place. If you have less than 1000 posts, chances are that you'll be everyone's bitch at the slightest provocation. And if you have more than 1000 posts, chances are you'll get dicks in your ass anyway. We like to gangrape idiots, and we do so with unnatural vigor. You have been warned.

ain't seen much unnatural vigor yet

Global Rules:
Dave wrote:8. Trolling or spamming are absolutely forbidden, we have a spam forum where you can go ASDASD as much as you want, but as for the rest of the sections, please refrain from doing it.

huh

seems like you guys ought to update your rules

Wikipedia: Tyranny of the Majority wrote:The phrase "tyranny of the majority" (or "tyranny of the masses"), used in discussing systems of democracy and majority rule, envisions a scenario in which decisions made by a majority place its interests so far above those of an individual or minority group as to constitute active oppression, comparable to that of tyrants and despots. In many discussions, the purportedly oppressed minority is either the wealthy "few," a socially advantaged ethnic group, or a socially disadvantaged ethnic group.

Wikipedia: Ochlocracy wrote:Ochlocracy ("rule of the general populace") is democracy ("rule of the people") spoiled by demagoguery, "tyranny of the majority" and the rule of passion over reason, just like oligocracy ("rule of a few") is aristocracy ("rule of the best") spoiled by corruption. Ochlocracy is synonymous in meaning and usage to the modern, informal term "Mobocracy," which emerged from a much more recent colloquial etymology.

Wikipedia: Democracy wrote:Elements considered essential to democracy include freedom of political expression, freedom of speech, and freedom of the press...

:tongue:

Postby Mathias » Mon May 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Dave wrote that before he made the Spam forum. They don't need to be updated as they apply to the rest of the forum still. And why does a person need to be told when they're are put on an ignore list? It's more fun when they aren't.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 07, 2012 12:24 pm

We could all sort of, like... stop associating with him? He's not going to budge, and always going to think he's in the right. Leave him be. Not really worth the time to even reply if he's always going to "try" and come back with something "clever". Maybe in real life he's a decent guy, but just doesn't know proper netiquette. If he wants to learn, let him learn on his own. If he doesn't learn, he'll just get banned.

But yeah, one thing to know... Never assume someone is insulting you here. And if they are, often times it's half serious. Taking everything with stride isn't so hard, and dropping this argument would most likely be best for everyone involved.

P.S. That shit's from years back. Don't take those rules so seriously, especially Dave's stuff. He's pretty much abandoned the site, and the members are who keep it alive aside from the very few comics that update. They just give the site an excuse to stay up, since most of them aren't really great.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby MetsFan » Mon May 07, 2012 2:08 pm

netiquette?
september is forever man

you ought to update your spam rules at least, then
might want to think about changing your name to something more conversational-sounding like the talk forum, add some hearts and :3s for good measure
cuz netiquette and spam are literally on the opposite sides of internet politeness
shit's misleading yo

and i stride so well they want me for the commercials
ain't nothin gonna bother this girl's day

so if the main man's long gone and you're relying on some shitty comic updates to keep your e-community together...why don't you lot just adopt a new forum?

DaCrum wrote:I like the Lakers, Dodgers, Clippers, and Saints. There's my opinions for sports in a nutshelll. Deal with, how you say, it.

Why the Saints?

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

The best sport is video game.
Yes.
For the Greater Good

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon May 07, 2012 2:34 pm

We're just comfortable here. And we don't really rely on them, it's just an analysis on why Dave still pays to have this site up.

As for the rules/forum name changing, I think only Dave is able to do that. Still, it's spam so technically you can do whatever, but the regulars have set up a bit more refinement to actual interaction instead of just "saying shit". If you don't bring something to the table for interesting conversation, make enemies out of people, and just act like a moron, you (as in a user in general, not you specifically) will just end up being an outcast or banned. We're not like a chan site for saying every little thing that comes to mind.

P.S. If you make a thread with the assumption that someone is hating, then you do actually lack some cool and calm. You sort of jumped the gun, but you're new so it's not all too big a deal. It's a good thing to lurk, see how people act and react. You're new, so interacting with everyone at once and learning how to read what people mean instead of what they straight up say is going to be hard.

P.P.S. Girl?
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby MetsFan » Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 pm

what about sports video games?

holy shit some dude is gettin in trouble with the campus popo right here in the library haha
it's so painfully obvious he did whatever he did
the popo haven't moved their arms more than three times between the two of em and this kid could be practicing for interpretive dance, he's wavin his arms and messin with his hair so bad

it's not like they just came in and talked to him where he was
they brought him over to some aisle
what kind of trouble can you incur to in a library aisle?

Postby Princess » Mon May 07, 2012 2:43 pm

the fuck?
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby DaCrum » Mon May 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Why the Saints?

I'm Creole. I've rooted for the Saints since I visited 'Nawlins in '04.
Escape will make me God.
65124_134_12++[CMND PRAMA +49c2]

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 08, 2012 2:44 am

Oh aqua buddha he's taken some philosophy course and now he thinks he knows everything
hope really is lost for him
just oh snap man he's gone into a new community he knows nothing about and he's done gone and cited political science from wikipedia to us and then tongue faced it like oh crap man we ain't got nothing on that

"pfft"x2
"tsk"
:tongue: (And using emoticons? Really?)
Sounds like someone who's really down to earth.
If you honestly feel the nerd to type out verbal expressions like that, suppress it.

Also honestly why would we pay for a new forum (unless you want free crap) that also doesn't occasionally get new members? Aside from the trial-and-error of people who just don't work out.

Postby Yog » Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 am

This is the first time in a long time I've seen EM pissed off at a new member.

Shit got real.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Mathias » Tue May 08, 2012 9:02 am

EagleMan wrote:feel the nerd to type

Teehee.

Postby Izanagi » Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 am

MetsFan wrote:pfft
possession of crude frankness and existence as a prick are not mutually exclusive
never said i wasn't a prick, i said i ain't no troll

tch "good night", grasping for straws ain't we?
i had to go to sleep, numbnuts

your forums ignore system sucks some serious ass
doesn't inform the ignored what happened
the "show this post" thing is aggravating
it shows posts in the topic review anyway

i foe'd yog because i don't want no trouble on that front, and i'm done talkin about that

Hey guy, general rule of thumb: If you don't want trouble try to, oh I dunno, avoid the topic that you ignored someone in the first place? I mean that's pretty much just asking for trouble.

In fact, I explained the ignore system to you and specifically told you that it would make you look like a total prick if you up and told someone that you ignored them, especially in a public place.

Also your personal politics and what you find right don't mean jack shit on the internet, dude. There are no elected officials. There are no political standards on the internet. There is no tyranny or democracy or any of that bullshit that you seem to think matters here. We can be assholes if we like, and my GOD do you deserve it.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:17 am

Warbear is warming up the hammer.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mathias » Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 am

The Warhammer.

Postby Izanagi » Tue May 08, 2012 10:23 am

I am making this perfectly clear to you, MetsFaggot, and I want you to get this ingrained into your very being. You are not entitled to anything. No one, here or otherwise, owes you anything unless you have done them a favour. No one needs to give your respect unless you have given it. No one needs to treat you with courtesy unless you have done the same. No one is going to take you seriously if you run your mouth like you're a hotshot when you have no idea what you're talking about. I am giving you a warning right now. (and you are lucky to get this as you have been nothing but a shitstain in this community's already dirty panties) if you don't shape up, you are out of here. Might seem like an empty threat, considering that you have made no lasting ties to this place and no one here gives a shit about you, but it is something that I am prepared to do.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Mir@k » Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 am

Now that is what i call a moderator. I'm sorry i ever doubted you.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yog » Tue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby EagleMan » Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Yog wrote:This is the first time in a long time I've seen EM pissed off at a new member.

Shit got real.

It's kind of a waste of energy to actually get mad
you don't get mad at a fly do you? Maybe annoyed, but not mad.

Postby Fievel » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I get mad at flies.

THEY THINK THEY DESERVE TO BE IN MY PRESENCE? THE FOOLS!
Offended.

PreviousNext

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!