The Chronometal Wars

Fan-fiction, short stories, screenplays, poems -- anything text-based really belongs here.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: The Chronometal Wars...

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 pm

oh sorry i thought i didnt add you in that pm. Sorry! :(
Promoting my story here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51576&start=0
Junior and Minnie are off on another adventure but this time its from a different point of view.

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Page 4
This page Contains Chapters 3-C, 4-A, 4-B and 4-C.
This page also Contains Chapter 2 of The Barasian War.
This page also Contains Alternate Ending 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Tangent 3: The Hero...
Chapter 3: Dexter's Darkest Hour
Part 2: Stairway to Heaven

Bubbles gets out of her chair and nears the door, but Blossom remains seated. “Well? What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Blossom leans forward and pats Bubbles’ seat, gesturing her to come sit back down, which she eventually does after a great deal of pause. “What’s wrong...?”

Blossom passes another picture to Bubbles. She looks at it, flips it over a few times, uninterested and hands it back. “A robot, so what?” --- “The professor already called it in... all WE have to do is intercept in the middle of the battle.” --- “Intercept?” Blossom nods. “Yeah, we can’t let Dexter know we are on to him, this robot will engage in battle with Dexter... and possibly Buttercup, and we will sneak into the base to access; this.”

She hands another picture to Bubbles, who once again just looks at it. Blossom sighs, takes it and explains again. “That’s a teleportation pad in Barasia’s lab, where Dexter currently is. Apparently it teleports to the moon, which we can use to quickly access The Hangar.”

“Oh, that makes sense...” Bubbles says, almost sighing. “Is there... something wrong?” Bubbles shakes her head- “No.” Blossom merely looks at her, and she looks back. Surprisingly, she isn’t caving in... “Are you sure?” --- “Are you?”

... ... ...

Blossom seems baffled at the way Bubbles is currently acting. “Am... I?” Bubbles once again stares at Blossom. “This is Dexter we are talking about, Blossom...” They stare at each other again, now on different sides of the same coin, instead of the same side. Blossom picks her statement to pieces in her mind, and can come to only a few conclusions for her enigmatic behavior.

“If you are worried that I will go back to him, don’t be.” --- “...” Bubbles merely pauses and Blossom picks up a bodily movement. She seems to be trembling a small bit... “Buttercup did...” Blossom looks away, causing Bubbles to redirect her vision. “I-I didn’t mean that... uh... *sigh*” --- “No, it’s fine... I understand, but I promise you... Dexter and I? Over. As for Buttercup? Only time will tell.”

Blossom shakes her head and looks at the clock on the basement wall. “We have about 10 minutes before the machine begins its attack on Barasia’s lab, let’s get ready...

(================================================)

“So... the government is on our side this time?” --- “Well... the Professor has connections we can only dream of. Even before he was the father of three super-heroes he was a high ranking scientist.” Blossom lets out, hiding behind an inconspicuous rock with Bubbles.

“Even if we are on the same side, all he did was call in info on this location, and that Dexter is here. If the robot sees us it will likely try to attack us too, so don’t draw any attention until the battle is heated.” Bubbles nods as they both go into wait...

*An hour passes, and then something loud shows up.*

“Look, there it is; stay down, out of sight... so you don’t draw any attention...” They both lie in prone positions as it opens a machine arm and it fires loud rounds off to a seemingly un-impressive location.

“EEP-mmpf” Bubbles yelps and Blossom covers her mouth as the barrage continues. Eventually the sounds of an underground installation caving in come to their ears, and then Blossom’s eyes light up as she hears something-

“Damn, how did they know I was here?!” Blossom pops her head up to see it’s nothing but Dexter, floating above the exploding lab, as expected. “When do we go in?” Bubbles whispers.

“Um, uhh... i-in a few moments... wait until the battle gets... started.” Blossom lets out, very pre-occupied. Soon enough, it does begin!

Dexter flies above the machine, trying to catch it in a blind-spot, but it turns on a dime and fires an expert shot as Dexter, sending him flying upward- “NOW!” She yells out as they both fire into the lab at break-neck speed.

“W-Where do we go?” --- “This way, come on!” Blossom yells as they fly through the collapsing lab. Large panels of iron plating fall and crumble around them, obscuring their sight, but they fly fast and true through the debris to find a room about to be destroyed. “NO!” Blossom yells out as she flies toward the ceiling, holding the falling objects up- “GET IN THE MACHINE BUBBLES... ARGH- I CAN’T... HOLD ON MUCH LONGER...!”

“A-Alright, please be careful...!” She timidly lets out as she enters the device. “GRRR...” Blossom grunts as she tries to hold it all back, but something gives and the debris falls all around her- “No...!” She says to herself as the machine is crushed. “Damn it!” She yells as she flies out of the room before it suffers complete destruction. The noise of the entire lab exploding and collapsing around her is deafening, and the path out is even smaller than before, until a stray rock strikes her on the back, sending her falling!

... ... ... ... ... ...

“Rocks... why did it have to be rocks...” She grunts as she slowly rises out of the rubble, she looks into the sky... it must have been hours since she got knocked out. “Bubbles... Dexter...” She says under her breath as she flies out of the rubble. She is sore all over, and to make matters worse, with the sun fully set, she can see the Moon... where Bubbles is probably all alone...

“Bubbles... be safe, I’m... I’m, coming...” She says to herself as she weakly floats away.

“HYA!” She yells out, breaking the Moon’s very crust as a weapon against her. She dodges and uses her arm to launch a blue laser, but it is easily deflected. “Don’t think you stand a chance, you might as well give up...” --- “NEVER! I can’t let you destroy this wor-“ She tries to say as the other girl instantly lunges and collides into her chest, knocking her on her back, and all breath out of her!

“Guh... huh... hnn!” She tries to say, to no avail, she cannot form the words with them being beaten out of her. “Oh, Bubbles... why can’t you just sit and let the big kids do what needs to be done...” Bubbles one remaining hand scratches the moon dust in frustration, she tries to get up but Buttercup puts her foot on her chest, forcing her down.

“Bloss... om... will stop... you...!” Foot still on her chest, Buttercup breaks into a small scowl. “So even Blossom is turning against us huh? Hmm...” She mumbles to herself, as her shadow rises. “Is this truly necessary, my Buttercup?” Him, having just been risen asks her with a dumb grin on his face.

“You know more than anyone, Him, that this world doesn’t have a lot of time... Once this is over, and Model M is destroyed I’d like to retire victorious, by any means necessary.” --- “Even if it means killing your sisters?” --- “Of course not...” She says as she lets her foot off Bubbles’ chest, and she quickly gets up and backs away.

“Bubbles... stay the fuck out of our way and let us save this planet!” --- “N-Never!" She yells as she flies away, toward Earth. She merely looks at her fly off, blue trail and all. “So... what are you going to do now?” Buttercup merely stands there. “Everything I’ve sacrificed has been for them... even if they hate me for it I WILL save this pathetic planet...” --- “How noble of you...” She walks away- “Shut the hell up, Him...”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much more eventful than the other Tangents, eh?
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby cnjservicesus » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm

Last edited by Izanagi on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: bot

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:53 am

After this I will recap the story once more, then head back into the Barasian War.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 3: Rubies in the Dark Sunset

Weakly floating above the city at night, she notices her house is completely surrounded. “Well that... sucks...” She says to herself, underestimating her own damage. “I hate rocks...” She winces at the pain and slowly loses altitude. “Damn... it...” She struggles to stay airborne, but she gives out only to fly down and hits the pavement, causing all drivers to veer off the road!

Several pedestrians run off at a moment’s notice, but some stay, shock or awe on their faces. A few of them step forward, remembering: “W-Wait is that, Blossom? Of the Powerpuff girls?” --- “Yeah... I think it is...!” They look to the sky, looking for anything that could have brought her down, seeing nothing they converge around her.

None of them seem to know what to do, they know it’s Blossom... the hero. But they also know it’s Blossom, the wanted criminal. Until that is, one girl, roughly 8 years old with scarlet red hair approaches the group and tells them all to get out of the way.

She puts her hand gently on her check, trying to coax her awake, to no avail. She checks her pulse... and it’s positive. “We need to get her to a hospital.” --- “But-“ --- “NOW!” The men and women around her obey her words, also caving into their better judgment, she is a Hero, and she needs their help.

“Wow little girl, you sure are serious about this.” One of them helping carry Blossom lets out. “Yeah, well... she deserves better then being face down in the road while the people she is trying to save tremble in their boots just because they were told she was ‘bad.’ Seriously...” The man sighs, the truth of the girl’s words stinging him.

(===============*Several hours pass...*===================)

“Buh... Bubbles... nggh...” She mumbles in her sleep. Writhing and squirming she almost falls out of the bed, only to be caught by someone, waking her up. She looks up into her eyes.

“Huh... where am... huh?” She asks as she slowly gets back into position on her bed. She merely gazes at the girl for what seems like hours, certain she has seen her before. “Do I... know... you?” She asks confused. The girl breaks into a small frown.

“Well I guess you wouldn’t remember me... it’s been almost three years...” --- “Three? But you can’t be any older than ten or nine...” Blossom pauses again; trying to remember any children she might have befriended... three or so years ago was the start of the Chronometal wars...

Her eyes light up! “Wait... I think I remember you... you were good friends with Bubbles and... Lynn... Ruby, right?” She nods happily! “It’s so cool to be remembered by a super-hero!” Blossom smiles too, but shakes her head. “Where am I, and what are you doing... WITH me? I’m wanted; you can’t afford to be near me!”

“Yeah right, we aren’t going to abandon you in the middle of the street as you are trying to save us all from Model M, AS USUAL! Everyone around here may have forgotten that, but I haven’t!” She faces away, and out the window. It is still dark, and she knows Bubbles is probably all alone. “Well... thanks, but I have to get going.” She jostles off the bed, surprised to be feeling almost 100% better!

“W-Wow, I feel... great!” Ruby snickers a little bit causing Blossom to look back, curious. “What?” With a beaming face, she takes a tube-like object out of her bag. She waves it around in the air with a toothy grin. “Wha? How did you... huh... Well, thanks.” --- “Don’t thank me, thank Lynn.” --- “Lynn, huh?”

Ruby looks at Blossom confused. “What is it? Isn’t Lynn your BFF?” Blossom blushes slightly at the childish gestures of Ruby. “W-Well... yeah, I guess...” --- “Then why are you surprised?!” Ruby bolts off her chair and nearly corners Blossom as if she were an inquisitor! “It’s... just... I-we haven’t heard from her in a while...!” --- “Really? I can take you to her...” --- “HUH?!” She blurts out, nearly blowing Ruby away.

“Whoa, girl, use your inside voice!” Ruby taunts, completely unfazed. “Please... can you take me to ba... er- Lynn?” She giggles slightly, seemingly eager to take her, even without question. “Okay, follow me!”

*Some minutes pass, and down the road, Blossom gets more than a few glares walking seemingly un-aware that she is a target. But no-one really takes the moral injustice to call the authorities on her.*

They approach a seemingly un-special house. “She’s inside, come o-“ She tries to say before the door flies open- “RUBY, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TIME IT...” She pauses and looks at Blossom, who merely gawks back. Working up a quick blush she slams the door, causing a breeze to hit Ruby’s hair.

“What was that all about?” Ruby says, getting no response. She looks back at Blossom who is seemingly zombified by the situation at hand. “Ugh, just come on.” She beckons as she takes Blossom by the hand and into the house. Once inside, she closes the door, with Blossom in toe. “Lynn, I’m home!” She yells out causing what sounds like an avalanche in the kitchen, Ruby bolts in, worried.

“Are you okay?!” She yells out, getting no real response. “What is wrong with you, Blossom is here to see you!” The girl, who is seemingly Lynn lets out a deep and wrenched sigh that spans about ten seconds. Blossom breaks the tension: “Is that... really you?” A short pause crosses them before she comes out.

She looks into her ebony eyes, and notices she is wearing an apron. Looking at her attire, which is no longer themed after ‘black,’ she notices, she looks very... normal, if not like a total Mom. She blushes and sighs again. “Yeah... it’s... me...” She scratches her head and looks back at Blossom with a sweating face.

“Am I going to have to call you, MOM just to get a straight answer out of you? Why are you acting so weird?” Ruby yells, catching both of their attentions. “Go on to your room, it’s time for bed... I’ll be up shortly to read you a story...” --- “But-“ --- “Now, Ruby!” She scolds, sending her up the stairs in a huff. Once she is out of earshot, Blossom lets out a very crude statement.

“Holy shit...”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost hurts to leave this part on a hanger like this, but whatever. DEAL WITH IT!

(Note: I used a different style of writing for this one, against my will mind you. It may be much longer, or much shorter than previous segments.)
Last edited by Birdofterror on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 am

Story Recap 2

The Chronometal Timeline is as follows. This is story 2: The Panic; In the pink. Which takes place after the events in 'The Chronometal Wars', which Included The Prologue, the First War, and the Second War; In the orange.

===Earliest===
PPGD
(1-7 year gap)
Prologue
First War
Second War

The Panic
(5-10 year gap)
The Black War
Ruination War
(1000-5000 year gap)
Barasian War
(10 year gap)
Ancient War
(7 year gap)
Justice War
===Latest===

The Chronometal Panic takes place in 3 Major tangents:

1: Dexter's Tangent.
2: Model M's Tangent.
3: Bubbles' Tangent.

These tangents tie into the main story, but are branching out and do not affect each other. They have very different core elements, however the layout remains the same. Updates will update a full chapter for each Tangent, then cross into the others. There is also a side story that belongs to none of the tangents, and takes place in the Future, this is called:

The Barasian War. Taking place roughly 5000 years into the future and does not affect any of the stories. However it does in fact take place in ONE of their futures. The other two are simply for fun and story wholeness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two chapters belong to all of the Tangents:

Chapter 1: Shared Pain
   The heroes fight in South America against an invasion of a new breed of Model M androids. They learn that the androids are being powered by human hosts, and should either the host or symbiote die, the other does as well. Humanity turns its back on them all as they come under attack! Then, a new Chemical is unveiled... one that can destroy all of humanity!   

Chapter 2: The Unstoppable Force
   Dexter leaves the group to pursue nothing less than the complete annihilation of all Humans, including himself using a Chemical along with unknown practices. Buttercup tears from the group as well and joins him, leaving Blossom and Bubbles in the dirt. Emotions course as a decision is finally made...   

Tangent 1: Dexter's Vision

(Blossom accepts Dexter's philosophy and follows him on his quest to administer the chemical with the intention of destroying all of Humanity, thus saving the rest of the world from Model M.)

Chapter 3: The Ends, the Means... Dexter
   Blossom sides with Dexter, and discovers how he will enact the elimination of man-kind. The Hangar. The lab they were in comes under fire as Dexter realizes there is little time to waste, and they attempt to put their methods into action. The government already knows all of their plans due to planting a tracking device on Blossom's person.   

Tangent 2: Model M's Return
(Blossom rejects the idea of all out extermination of humanity, but she tolerates Dexter's actions to a fault in order to hunt down and destroy Model M by any OTHER means.)

Chapter 3: Darkest Before The Dawn
   Blossom, Bubbles and the Professor re-activate one of his Chronometal Scanners to fully envision all of the South Pole Model M. Blossom and Bubbles head to a nearby military base to convince them to stop demonizing them, with outstanding success; they help them against another Military sting in the future. The Professor notices something odd in the scanner before Blossom Overloads it.   

(Blossom's inner zeal bursts out as she fights to stop Dexter from his quest to kill all humans. Be it through coercion or force, they cannot know for certain. But he MUST be stopped.)

Blossom and Bubbles make it abundantly clear that Dexter's actions cannot be tolerated in any light, and the Professor agrees, and turns himself into the military- but not before leaking the location of Dexter's location to the government. Using files the Professor left behind, Blossom and Bubbles track down the lab, and use it to get to the moon. However, Blossom is too late, and Bubbles goes to the moon alone to fight Buttercup. Blossom crashes in Megaville and reunites not only with Ruby, but Barasia as well!   

The Barasian War.
(5000 years in the future, the world is under siege by a familiar, yet at the same time, unknown force. All of those alive heave and quake at the mere mention of the Barasian.)

Chapter 1: The Black Eyes See All
   Androids of familiar descent wake up in an unknown location in western America, they have certain memories implanted but nothing substantial and they all seek answers as to why they exist. They were led to believe that all of Humanity was destroyed, yet some remain in a village that they eventually ransack. Through-out the Battle they come into contact with Blossom, one who is supposedly of divine lineage. Blossom returns to the capital to warn the king of the Androids.   

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Got a very long part here, It's actually an Alternate ending. I decided not to use Sub-Chapters and instead use them as these. Enjoy, this takes place in Chapter 2. Keep in mind it's about as long as 2 parts, but not quite the size of an entire chapter or Epilogue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Alternate Ending 1
Humanity, by Humanity, for Humanity

“That’s enough.” Dexter spits out. “I have stared into the eyes of angels and devils alike, seen and heard the end myself. This world won’t just be lifeless: the world itself will die. This new malignance seeks to end all life and destroy the very planet. To what end? I don’t know. And that is why I am so scared of it. It is a mindless enemy that seeks nothing but death.”

He walks to the door, opening it, but Blossom catches him before he leaves. “Wait!” She catches the ear of Bubbles, Buttercup and Dexter. “What is it?” Dexter asks, seeing if she wants to follow him on his quest.

“What if...” She lets out, almost uncertain of the very words leaving her mouth. A shade rises from Buttercup’s shadow. “Yes, Leader girl? What is it?” It lets out, softly. She nods, almost comforted by Him. “What if, we give into the Military’s demands... to an extent?” Dexter closes the door and walks toward Blossom. “Meaning?”

She looks up, relieved that this is being taken somewhat seriously. “Okay, now hear me out. What if we contact them of our own free will... and say we won’t interfere in the Chronometal Affair.” --- “That’s crazy! Humanity can’t stop this alone!” --- “Think about it... if we go out there, they will try to stop us, wasting their recourses... if we stay here, they will have more manpower to use against Model M...”

Dexter ponders the situation as the Professor opens the basement door and enters the room himself. “That... doesn’t sound like a half bad idea...” Everyone in the room is in thought except Bubbles. “It’s not half bad, it’s all great!” She yells. “That way, we can all be safe, and they won’t think we are bad!” Dexter sighs...

“I... can’t say I’m too sure about this...” Buttercup looks to Dexter and shrugs. He sighs again, but this time he rises with a smile. “I guess we can give it a try... for you, Blossom!” Blossom rises from the couch, relieved that this passing thought was put into surprisingly powerful fruition. The Professor heads back down the stairs. “I’ll let the nearest base know we will have no part in this affair and we will stay out of it until they trust us enough to put us in it.”

*A few hours later, a squad of Military men converges on the house, but none of them open fire. They waste no expense on completely making sure the house is under guard, attack helicopters, snipers, tanks; the whole.*

*A day passes, and more and more of the men are called away from guard duty, and put on the front line, until in three days, all of the soldiers are called away.*

“I guess that’s it...” Blossom says. Bubbles walks into the room from upstairs. “Can we help yet?” --- “Not yet, a sergeant visited earlier today, they said that they trust us enough to no longer have military personnel here at all times, but the Government is still very uneasy about us.” Bubbles mopes back upstairs.

Buttercup walks into the room, plops onto the couch and turns on the TV. She flips through the channels, but eventually stops on the news... Blossom and Buttercup squint as they keep track of the news at hand...

*On the news, it is stated that the Justice League has been disbanded due to ‘unknown circumstances.’ The news eventually turns to a segment on the southern hemisphere, and the battle going on. It mentions that the battle is going well, but no details are given.*

*Another day passes and Dexter drops by.*

He walks into the house with a gloomy face, Blossom realizes that he isn’t wearing Model D. “Where’s your Chronometal?” She asks. He sighs and explains: “Well, with everything going on, and our house arrests, there’s no real reason to have it on all the time...” Blossom shrugs. “I’ve forgotten what it feels like to not have mine on...” Dexter laughs a small bit. “Well, having a built in cleaner makes it irrelevant to take showers... but they still feel good, I’ve discovered.”

*The two exchange small talk as if nothing in the world was wrong. People come and go... it seems as if everything is fine... until one day...*

*Now seven days into their ‘surrendering’ to Humanity, they flip the news on, and this time it seems as if a shroud has been lifted from their eyes, and they are looking into the face of truth!*

“Mexico has been evacuated to the northern states as this new enemy continues its assault with a newfound vigor.” Blossom and Dexter watch the news alone, everyone else doing their own things. “Is this... is this real?” Blossom asks, shocked. Dexter says nothing, face buried in his hand. “D...Dexter?” He raises his head, avoiding her questions to focus on the news.

“The men and women of the United States Military assure us that they will never let these beasts reach the states. We give our best wishes to you brave souls!” He rises from the couch and nears the door, Buttercup and Bubbles entering the room. “Where are you going?” Blossom asks. “I have a Chronometal to put back on... I knew this was all too good to be true...!” He says angrily as he leaves sight.

Listening to the news, Bubbles seems to tremble, before walking up the stairs silently. Him rises from Buttercup’s shadow and addresses the group. “This is... unfortunate, isn’t it?” --- “Shut up Him, we have a job to do.” Buttercup snaps. “Of course, my Buttercup... your wish is my command...” --- “I told you to stop saying that! You are not a genie!” Buttercup nears the door, getting ready to follow Dexter, before she is interrupted by Blossom.

“Buttercup... can I talk to Him when you go?” A short pause crosses them before she sighs. “Whatever, I don’t care anymore. Come back in about an hour, Him.” She says as her dress turns from brown to green. She leaves the house, with Him still in it. Blossom turns off the TV and looks at him.

“You know... I never asked before, but why are you doing this for Buttercup?” --- “Doing what?” --- “You know what...” Him rematerializes his legs and sits on the couch alongside Blossom. A view that no-one alive would expect to see if it wasn’t for these wars.

“It’s not a long story, per say... but it is a complex one... actually- it’s very simple...” --- “If it’s short and simple, why don’t you spit it out?” He shrugs and laughs deviously. “After you got your Chronometal during the beginning of the second major war, Buttercup grew jealous of your power... and she came to me for power.”

... ... ...

“That’s it?” --- “Well, isn’t that what you wanted to know?” --- “No, I know you are giving her power, but why are you giving it to her?” --- “She asked nicely...” --- “Nice try, but seriously. Why, Him?” --- “Why is this important?” --- “Because I feel if I don’t know now, I never will.” Him pauses at her words and breaks into a toothy smile.

“Very well, but be warned... it’s not a pretty story, nor does it have a happy ending... for her, anyway.” --- “For... her?! What do you mean?!” He raises a claw to keep her from talking and he rises from the couch and beckons her outside.

*A few minutes pass, and they find themselves on the roof, right above their room.*

“A few days after you got Model B, an android kidnapped Bubbles and threatened to kill her if Buttercup didn’t pledge fealty to the Knights.” --- “Threatened to kill her? With what?” --- “Antidote X.” Blossom gulps, knowing exactly what that could do to any of them... “Wait... why didn’t I know about this?” --- “This was when they headed to Townsville after the First War.” --- “Oh, yeah... come to think of it, the next I saw them, was when World’s End was being constructed above Megaville, I never had any time to ask what was going on with her clothing.”

She continues. “So, Buttercup stopped the android I assume?” --- “Well... with my help.” --- “Oh... I see.” A short pause crosses them. “Well... why did you help her?” --- “Oh, I was so happy to see them returning to Townsville that I gave them a freebie.” --- “How unlike you...” Him laughs.

“Well after that, Bubbles went on her way after a hesitant ‘thank you,’ but Buttercup stayed and asked a question not unlike your own. Why did I indeed help her? Well, I just wanted to throw my hat into this Chronometal battle myself; I was bored doing evil in small ways in a town in the middle of nowhere...”

He continues. “One conversation led to another and she grew almost ‘comfortable’ around me, it was a very strange feeling I might add. She eventually asked me to help them stop these wars. I was skeptical of course, I am a source of ultimate evil... and I have to be compensated as such.” --- “Compensated...?! Is that what this is all about?!” Blossom yells out, hostile.

Him shakes his head. “She was desperate, she was sure that these wars would spiral out of control... and behold at the situation that was born of the Second War’s end.” Blossom looks away in remembrance. “She thought... or maybe even KNEW that something horrible was going to happen... so she made a little deal with me.” Blossom gulps as color leaves her face, she almost knows what he is about to say.

He removes his smile and goes into an almost aggressive stance, one she has never seen him adopt throughout these entire wars.

“I grant her a fraction of my power to make her Immortal forever.” --- “Forever?” --- “Until Model M no longer threatens her sisters, and by proxy- the world... she will be immortal by my hand. And in exchange...”

“Once it is all over... once Model M can no longer harm anyone... her soul will join me in eternal servitude.” --- “N-No... I can’t... I mean... Buttercup, what have you done...”

A wrenching silence crosses them.

“Whether or not the world manages to destroy Model M, she will know nothing but sorrow in the end.” --- “HOW THE FUCK DID YOU MANAGE TO MAKE HER AGREE TO THAT?!” --- “It was not my idea...”

Blossom mind goes blank as her stomach drops. “Wh... what...?” --- “She came to me with the deal... I grant her the power to save her sisters... she grants me her soul willingly... All living things eventually come to me in the end, but a blood bond is worth infinitely more... and a superhero, pledging a blood oath to me? I could not turn it down... so here we are, Blossom.”

Blossom falls to her knees and almost cries. Him doesn’t bother trying to comfort her. “What now...” She asks, catching him off guard. “What do you mean?” --- “We have run out of waiting time... we are going to be over-run... what can we do?” Him pauses. “Is there anything we could have done to prevent this?”

Him kneels down to her level, still without a comforting face. “Fight. That’s all that is left.”

*Without any zeal left in her, Blossom still goes into the battle against Model M. Days pass before humanity is pushed to the cold north... where they prepare to make their last stand.*

(==========================================)

“Sir, they are coming soon, is the pod ready?” --- “Yes... just about...” He somberly states as he closes it and welds it shut. The men in the tent are shivering and depressed. The tent is blowing in the harsh arctic wind. He hands the pod to the Private who salutes and exits the tent.

As he leaves he is confronted by Buttercup. “Is that it?” --- “Yes, Ms. Buttercup.” She takes it and nods to the man who runs off elsewhere. She floats up slowly, almost blinded by the Blizzard, but she can hear them approaching. She flies away from the camp, and away from the impending war with the pod in her hands... she approaches the North Pole alone...

Bubbles flies into the camp, catching Blossom in conversation. “Oh, Bubbles... where is he...?” She shakes her head, shivering... “Wh... what...?” It is almost impossible to tell if she is crying in this blinding wind, but when she looks Blossom in the eye that is all she needs to know.

“... ... ... I see...” She says plainly. “But...” --- “It’s... fine... this is our last stand, all we can do is hope Buttercup can protect the Pod when we are gone...” Bubbles collapses on the ground and begins to cry, which some of the soldiers see.

The noises of the approaching death storm is nearer, they have less than ten minutes before the final battle begins.

Blossom somberly patrols the camp, and talks to the men inside before someone catches her eye. “Is that... you...? Barasia?!” She slowly approaches Blossom with an emotion she has never shown before surrounding her body: Sadness...

“Hey, Blossom...” --- “What’s... wrong?” She looks up with artificial tears in her eyes. “What isn’t wrong? Everyone is either dead or going to be... there is nothing left but to fight a pointless fight...” She says before turning her back on Blossom. Blossom can tell that Barasia has lost someone dear to her, but she has no idea who.

As she begins to walk away she asks... “This is our last day... can you tell me what happened...?” Barasia snickers at her words. “I don’t know what good it will do, but fine... Ruby is dead, Blossom.” Blossom recoils, remembering Ruby, the girl in the first war that Barasia saved from certain death.

“What about... her mother?” She shakes her head. “She died far before she did... I was actually...” She laughs a little again... “I was trying to take over her part for a while before this all happened. I thought that I could be a good mother for Ruby... but now look... she didn’t even know my real name before she died...! SHE DOESN’T KNOW THIS WAS ALL MY FAULT!” She roars out! She collapses on the ground.

Blossom comforts her as the noises of the oncoming onslaught get louder and louder, only a few moments remain until the final battle...

“I guess that’s it.” Buttercup says, underwater with the pod safely in place in an undersea bunker. Him floats over her, noticing she is hurt inside. “It’s all we can do, Buttercup...” --- “I... know...” She says, merely looking at the bunker. “Let’s get back to the camp, and give these bastards a fight they will never forget...”

They fly out of the Arctic Ocean and to the camp, which is already in mid battle.

The pod will remain for thousands... maybe hundreds of thousands of years... it contains within it all information Man has ever gathered. If something or someone comes across it they will learn of the achievements... and mistakes of Humanity.

It is all they will have left when Model M is done with this world, Buttercup and Him will remain even if all others fall, they will fight Model M and attempt to keep the world alive for as long as they draw breath.

The never ending war has begun, in which there will be no victor... this is the world wrought of Model M... This is all that is left.

The world has ended, all they can do is dream now...
Last edited by Birdofterror on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Tue May 01, 2012 8:28 am

Barasian war Chapter 2. Enjoy. Once again though, if you wish to talk about the story, ask a question... suggest anything, pm me or post in the thread.

Chronometal Panic Sub-story
The Barasian War
Chapter 2: The Black Hands Control All
Part 1: Medieval Evils

Kneeling down in the throne room, a high ranking woman urges for a council with the king.

“Please, I need to talk to King Leon!” --- “I am sorry lady Blossom, but King Leon is in a diplomatic meeting with the surrounding kingdoms.” She rises and pleads with the steward. “Please... this cannot wait; the entire kingdom is in jeopardy!” The steward pauses. “I... can pass a message along-“ --- “No, this information is too sensitive- I need to speak to him directly!” --- “But He is...”

Blossom removes her wristband and places it on the ground as a gesture to the kingdom. “As heiress to the divine throne of the Earth I demand an audience with King Leon!” The steward nods, unflinchingly obedient to the acts of the angels. “Of course, by enactment of holy code, I will hold his meeting for a later date.” --- “Thank you...”

Five men sit in a chamber addressing an articulate scrawling on the table.

“The holy kingdom of Megavisse will not be pushed around by the southern states, if you do not pull back your troops we will be forced into a battle the likes of which no-one wishes to see. The Day of Judgment nears and we cannot afford to waste our energy on pointless conflict!” The man in a dark red suit of armor states to the men of the Table.

“Your spreading of baseless dogma must stop... we have scientific evidence that this world existed far before the day of the Reckoning.” The man being directly addressed by the red barks out. “I will not tolerate such heresy, ambassador. The holy kingdom of Megopolis will re-surface one day and wipe the non-believers from existence.”

“Upon who’s word, upon what proof do you stand and preach such certainties? If your ‘religion’ is correct, we are all doomed in the next ten years! But if we are not... and your hypocrisy costs the lives of hundreds of thousands of our people, we will never forgive you!” --- “Noted, ambassador... but know this... if in ten years the Reckoning comes and your nation refuses to help us-“ --- “We are a country of science... if the evil one arises... I give you my word our nations will band together to stop it.”

The man in red sits down seemingly pleased. “That will be all ambassador...” He bows not so graciously and sits at the table. One of the other men stands up on queue- “Ah, now for the words of the east... what have you, Ambassador?” Before he has a chance to speak, the chamber door flies open. Almost disgusted the man in red nearly throws his blade at the person.

“What is it, steward... these are delicate matters and I made specific requests to not be disturbed.” --- “It is... Blossom, sire... she enacted Holy Code and desires an exclusive audience with you.”

The man in red pauses, almost all rage leaving his being, being replaced by other deeper emotions. “Men, we must hold this meeting for a later date, my church calls for me.” The men rise from their chairs and leave to their respective rooms to prepare for departure to their capitals.

He walks to his throne and sits, overlooking the kneeling knight- Blossom. “Rise, child of the Two Angels... and address your king.” She stands up and bows graciously, yet hastily. The king notes her speed and cuts formality. “What is it, Lady Blossom?” --- “King Leon, the lake village of Petra has been destroyed.”

The king raises an eyebrow. “Was it the south? Must we declare a pointless and arduous war so close to the day of Reckoning...?” Blossom shakes her head, which causes a wave of confusion to strike the King. “Then... what was it?”

She tries to make eye contact with him, but she constantly veers off, trying to find suitable words. “Out with-“ --- “Demons, my Lord...” He nearly fires off of his throne and stands atop the rise. “Demons... are you sure, Blossom?” She kneels toward the King, the gesture only too clear. “Yes my liege...”

He looks around the room, in light thought. “You have seen these... demons?” --- “I’ve fought them myself.” He looks to Blossom almost disappointed. “Lady Blossom, you mustn’t put yourself in danger so close to the Reckoning, if we lost you the evil one would surely erase the world...” She says nothing.

“...That aside, what did these demons look like?” She shakes her head. “They looked... human, my King!” He sits back in the throne, taking it all in at a certain pace. “What do you suppose we should do about this threat, Child of the Two Angels?” --- “We should prepare for battle... and I fear our walls will hold no resistance for them.” --- “What do you mean?” --- “My liege... these beasts can fly!”

“Three, take a look at this.” Thirty lets out. She hands her a charred book labeled: The Twin Angels. Judging by the thickness and quality, it seems like a religious textbook. “Have you read this?” --- “Not yet, we thought you should have first look.” Three nods and Thirty walks away. She looks around the second floor of the installation... there is very little light.

Book in hand she walks toward floor one, seeing androids still working on the Number 2 pod. “How is it coming along?” --- “Poorly... we don’t have enough resources at hand, there are supply rooms on some of the floors but they are locked way tighter than we thought. Until then, unless one of us dies... in which I am not hoping for by the way, we aren’t fixing this at all.” Three nods and leaves the lab.

Now outside, she flies upward, noticing other androids are coming and going quickly, as if the lab was a hive.

She opens the textbook in the broad daylight and begins to dissect whatever information it has to go off of.

-Upon the dawn of destruction, shortly after the eve of creation... the Two Angels, the Eldest and Youngest look upon the beast of no name.-

-With their greatest of strength, the Two Angels force the beast into the Earth for a thousand years.-

-The Eldest of angels follows the beast into the world’s heart to keep it from emerging, while the Youngest remains upon the flat land to watch over her flock.-

-The holy color, Red: permeates the evil and ignites it for all to see so that there would be no mistaking the darkness at hand. The angels of Gold and Red born of the Earth, protect it forevermore.-

“Angels of Gold and Red? The holy color is red... like Blossom...” Three pauses, almost not believing what she is about to say. “Her hair also turned gold... is it... possible...?!” She shakes her head and continues reading.

-The beast, though bested five times is destined to return a sixth time, once again doing battle with the Angel of Red, guided by the Angel of Gold. The battle will rupture the world as it has five other times, but fear not for the Angels of the Earth will guide us to a better tomorrow...-

“Rupture the world as it has... five other times?” Three pauses. “Is it... possible that the world was destroyed, and our original creator thought that humanity would never recover? If so... that would explain it...” She nods, putting the pieces together.

She flips through the pages and notices there are countless other stories within it, but satisfied with the information at hand she returns to the lab to address the other androids.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... not much to say here. Just, if you do though don't be afraid to pm or post.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Mon May 14, 2012 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 am

Sorry this one took so long, I was thinking the entire story out again, I came to some new ideas...

Without further adont, here is Part 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Barasian War
Part 2: Diversity

Three descends to the earth to enter the lab, but something catches her eye off the side of the entrance. It’s another android, but she’s doing something Three can’t quite make out.

“What’s going on over there?” She asks, approaching- causing the android to recoil and cover up the mound of dirt behind her. Three relents, noticing a pained expression on the android’s face. She catches her number on her shoulder, 150.

“Fine, I won’t pry.” She says as she begins to walk away- “W-Wait...” One Fifty lets out. Three turns around to see her standing above the mound of dirt. At the head of the dirt looks like a stone with carvings of it.

“Wait...! Is that... a grave...?” One Fifty nods somberly. “Did... did we lose someone?” She pauses... before shaking her head no. “Then... who...?” She shakes her head almost embarrassed. “It was... the...” She gulps before stopping.

Three almost doesn’t want to continue the conversation, but being the leader she feels obligated to hear her out. “What is it One Fifty... I promise I will not judge you.” She gulps again before finally saying: “It was the old man in the village...”

Three looks perplexed and cocks her head to the side. She walks up the gravestone and looks at the etchings. “Emil? His name was Emil?” --- “I used things on his person to find his name out... such as that.” She points to a shiny object at the tip of the grave.

It’s a ring...

“Why...? They are our enemies.” One Fifty looks away and almost looks like she is in tears, further confusing Three. “I... don’t know. I just... don’t feel the way you guys do about this... it hurts me to kill them.” Three recoils, startled before feeling a sinking feeling in her stomach.

It is more than possible that One Fifty doesn’t have any innate hatred for the humans, and in fact may have love or pity for them...

“I... I’m sorry, I didn’t know...” Three lets out, causing One Fifty to look over. “You’re... not mad?” --- “No, why would I be? If anything you should be mad at us for making you do this...” They both turn their eyes to the grave before One Fifty speaks again.

“I found a book somewhere on burial rights. To be flat in the dirt... facing the core of the Earth so that their spirit would join the gold angel in her crusade against the darkness...” Three looks up, almost amazed at One Fifty. “I... didn’t know our people could show such compassion...” --- “Compassion...” One Fifty spits out.

“What’s wrong?” --- “I have to pick a side, and I will not leave you guys... I cannot show compassion to them... but...” She begins to pull her hair as a tear hits the dirt. “I don’t know! I am so confused!” She yells out! Seething, eyes shut and huffing she feels something unexpected.

She opens her eyes to see Three hugging her, which causes an unstoppable blush. “W-Wha?” --- “I won’t make you do this...” One Fifty pries Three off of her, much to Three’s surprise. “I won’t turn my back on you guys, you are all family...” She says, causing Three to gaze at One Fifty.

“Then what will you do, continue killing them?” Three lets out, almost cold. “I...” --- “Will bury them according to their beliefs.” She looks up almost stunned. “Huh?” Three looks away, toward the grave. “Are we monsters? Maybe... but you care for them in a way I could never. It’s in our nature to hate them... and it is in yours to show mercy and compassion, it is what makes you... you.”

She walks away on that note, into the lab, leaving One Fifty to herself. She floats up and looks to the mountains, and smiles...

There are countless shallow graves there... at that point the clouds turn dark and it begins to rain.

The town, in an uproar, causes people to flee into their houses, leaving only the braves and people of law enforcement on the streets. Blossom walks down the road to a nearby Inn, which seems to have a few more guards than others. The rain clinking against their armor as they stand resolute at the building.

She walks in, catches eye with the Innkeeper, and follows her to the basement. Once there, the Keeper bows and leaves the basement to Blossom.

“Luca, where are you?” --- “Over here Lady Blossom!” They see each other and Blossom eyes the infant at her breast. “I see you are still safe... that is good, has anyone seen the child?” --- “Only people who think it’s mine, or those who KNOW it’s yours.” Blossom nods.

The baby turns its attention to Blossom and begins to smile and squeal. Luca hands her the baby, which she cradles in her arms. Buttoning up her shirt, Luca begins to speak. “How much longer are you going to keep her a secret, Blossom?”

Holding the baby who begins to fall into a contented sleep, Blossom begins to speak softly. “As long as it takes...” --- “But-“ --- “We have had this conversation hundreds of times, and I will continue to tell you, she does not deserve to die... that is my destiny, not hers...” Luca continues to eye Blossom.

“Well, what about those monsters? What are we going to do about them?” Blossom, rocking the child to sleep speaks softly once more. “Whatever we can, Leon is arming the walls with sentries, and the entire town is on high alert. If they reach here I will do whatever I can to stop them.” Luca nods...

“I... have to go...” Blossom says sadly, returning the now sleeping baby to Luca’s arms. Seeing Blossom halfway up the stairs, Luca lets out one final remark. “Don’t die, Blossom... let her have a mother...”

With the speech over, Three turns to Eight, who seems to be tossing a large bone into each of her hands, back and forth. “What’s that you got there?” She asks curiously. “Oh this? It’s a leg-bone from our latest conquest. I wanted the skull but someone wanted it more than me.” --- “Who?” --- “This is an odd conversation... I think it was a higher number... One Hundred... something. Twenty? Thirty? Whatever, the thing is she wanted the entire body, and even fought me for it... bloodthirsty bitch, huh? I still managed to snag a leg.” She says playfully as she juggles it.

“What are your thoughts on the speech?” --- “Not many, I will tell the truth. At least we have a lead as to why they might still be here, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t going to kill them, does it?” --- “Of course not... all I wanted was answers, and I got them” Eight breaks into a toothy smile.

“Good answer... so when do we attack again?” --- “I sent Four on a scouting mission with five others, if they find any human encampments, they will return here and tell us.”

As soon as she says that, six androids walk through the entrance with excited looks on their faces.

“We found a castle just CRAWLING with people! And I think we even found Blossom again!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another big battle is sure to happen soon. Let's read on.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri May 25, 2012 3:22 am

Meh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Barasian War
Part 3: Destiny’s Infamy

Floating above a medieval looking city, they are hidden by the rain and fog...

“Third building from the southeastern watch tower, the Inn. She is in there...” Four lets out. “So what’s the plan? Just drop down there and kill everyone?” Eight eagerly asks.

Still in the rain, protected by the fog of war; Three ponders. “I have something far more fun in mind...”

“Are you alright? You have had five pints already...” --- “Yeah... I’m fine... just leave the bottle and leave me alone...” She spits coldly. “Alright, but just remember... it’s only on the house cause’ we all need ya...” She snickers a little bit, taking the bottle and a swig, as he walks away.

Slamming it on the table, she works through deep problems in her head... but she can never come to a real answer. “I can’t let her die... I have to be the one, it’s my destiny...”

The door opens as two new customers come in, catching the eye of a few of the men in the bar, but blending in none the less. She eyes the two people, identifying that they are female but not much else. She takes another swig and diverts her eyes.

The two girls reach the bar and talk to the bartender, who eventually points to Blossom. It catches her eye and Blossom focuses on the girls, curious.

They are wearing brown cloaks, like those from the church of her religion, but she cannot make out anything about the women, other than their long black hair spilling out of the cowls.

They approach her as one sits at the table, and the other oversees. Blossom still cannot make their faces out.

“Can I help you?” She asks inquisitively, not sure why members of her church needed to ask a bartender where she was.

“Hello, Blossom... we are here to ask only a few questions...” Blossom sighs, being all too aware of boring pilgrims asking her about her divine lineage.

“Okay, fine... make it quick.” --- “Do you know where your child is right now?” Blossom nearly fires out of her chair to draw her sword at the mere words they speak, but she stays seated... defensively. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

“That’s strange... I guess Luca lied to us then...” --- “L... Luca? She told you? Why?” --- “It wasn’t hard; I assure you... she was easily persuaded.”

Blossom pauses at the situation at hand. “Persuaded? What? What’s going on, what are you two talking about?!” The one sitting at the table lets down her cowl as Blossom gasps!

Black hair.

Black eyes.

It is the once known demons!

She rises from her chair to draw her weapon as the other one raises her palm as a gesture of pause. “You don’t want to do that... if you want Luca or your daughter to live you will do as we say...” Blossom growls as other people in the bar start paying attention to them.

“You might want to be subtle... if we get found out; you don’t want to know what we will do to them...” Blossom gulps and casually walks to and then out of the door.

The rain seems to be letting up somewhat, and the people in the town still seem to be in an uproar. Now flanked by the two androids, one of them speaks. “So afraid of something they don’t even know about... things that look like them... things that are already here...!” One of the women leads Blossom to the gate, which open upon the guards seeing her.

They continue walking for a few minutes before reaching what looks like a burned down shack. One of the androids rips the door from its hinges to reveal the beings within.

Five other androids, as well as Luca and the baby Blossom! “Why... why are you all doing this...?!” Luca yells out, terrified, her hair being held by one of the girls. The two following Blossom tear their cloaks off and push Blossom into the shack.

Seven androids surround them in almost battle ready stances, not taking any chances. “We are the Barasian, androids created over five thousand years ago... roughly around the same time as the birth of your religion.” Blossom rises and draws her sword, but the androids pay no heed, as one of them encircles Luca’s neck.

“Sit the fuck down and shut the hell up until we tell you to speak... or all three of you die horribly.” Three barks coarsely. Blossom growls and sheathes her weapon. “Good girl.” Three says as she pushes Blossom to her knees, causing the weak wood to snap under the force and puncture her legs.

On her knees, Blossom eyes one of the androids in the corner, who seems to be playing with the baby. “S-Stop it! Let her go!” She yells out as Three punches her in the back of the head so hard it nearly causes her to black out, regardless of how much stronger than the average human she is. “I said shut up bitch!”

Still defying them, she speaks up again- “Why are you doing this?! WHY?! What have we done to you?!” Grasping her very skull, Three holds Blossom up to a charred mirror, causing Blossom to get a view of both herself and her assailant. “Your pretentious race continues to exist even when the heavens and hells deny you. Your disgusting people cling to barbaric traditions as you intend to fight divine powers using devices you don’t even comprehend. Your very lives are why we do this!”

Three throws her back into the center of the shack, together with Luca. Stumbling to get right side up, she is pinned to the ground by another android as Three speaks. “At first, I wanted to kill you all because I simply didn’t like you, but as I read your religious textbooks, learned of your histories... discovered your HOLY lineage, I realized you are all living on top of the sacrifices of people you don’t even remember. The world is about to come to another end from the fiery depths below and you... Blossom; intend to fight it- am I wrong?”

“N-No, you are not... I will fight the darkness and... Save the w-world...” She says with almost no breath. “That’s funny, because according to your religion, SHE is supposed to fight it!” Three yells holding the crying infant in the air by the cranium.

“STOP IT!” Luca yells out as another android approaches her. She does nothing but look at Three, who nods. She breaks into a toothy smile as she gently caresses Luca’s cheek with malice in her eyes...

“Please... no...”

*CRACK!*

... ... ...

Her limp corpse falls next to Blossom, who goes speechless.

“Ah, now you obey... that’s good, your death will be quick, and we will rid this entire world of your pestilence once and for all... you will thank us later...” Three says as she opens up her arm into an array of weapons.

The other androids also open up their arms and prepare to fire as Blossom’s wrist device begins to shine.

“What the...?” Three yells as she backs away. She notices that Blossom’s hair is not going gold, and she is in fact, unconscious. “What is this?!” One of the others lets out.

Blossom’s entire being begins to shine as what looks like a large explosion fires all of the androids back several meters in a cloud of debris!

Standing in the dust of whatever the explosion was is a being none of them recognize, a silver being with a metallic face and a large grotesque wing. In one of it's arms, is the baby, still crying, but completely safe from the explosion only a few moments ago.

“I cannot let you do this any longer... It is time I interfere!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A character I tried to get out a lot sooner is about to make his grand debut... I couldn't find the time to put him in sooner.

UNFORTUNATELY this will be short lived because we head back into the panic after this.

Sorry...
Last edited by Birdofterror on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Mon May 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Chapter 4 of Tangent 1. Let's look on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Chapter 4: The Prospect of Extinction
Part 1: Blues in the Black world

“Most of the lab is in shambles... the portal is broken, it would take us hours to reach the moon at this rate...” They stand in the ruins, musing. Dexter finally snaps his finger- “The military is going to attack The Hangar; if they think our abilities hold any water... judging from previous responses... this is inevitable.”

He accesses a terminal and both Blossom’s and Dexter’s Chronometal shine slightly. “I uploaded schematics for the war machine into both of our systems.” --- “So we are going to take the fight to them?” --- “That’s the idea...” He says, punching in another code. “I sent information to the moon consoles... if Buttercup is still there she will know the situation... she will protect The Hangar from space.”

They nod to each other as they fire out of the now useless lab that once belonged to Barasia.

“The military base is in Area 52... Go figure. It will take us about an hour of airtime to reach it; we have to stop that machine before we can even dream about finishing the plan!”

Before they fly off... they notice someone in the distance.

“Lab ruined... secure The Hangar. Blossom and I will attempt to... TAKE ON THE MACHINE?! Him we have to help them!” --- “Didn’t you JUST read that he wanted you to secure The Hangar?” --- “Screw that, if they die, what’s the point?!” She flies out of the lunar base toward Earth, before pausing...

“Wait...” --- “Yeah...” --- “Where is the base...?” She floats in space for a while before sighing. “It’s okay, Buttercup... let’s wait for them.” --- “Stop trying to cheer me up, it’s almost over...” --- “Having second thoughts?” Buttercup looks up to Him.

“About what? The plan?” --- “I guess... but anything else in specific. Regrets about any decision made in these conflicts.” Buttercup pauses, and looks to the Earth. “Nah... Nah... Nothing like that, it’s still here- isn’t it? It will all be worth it in the end.” Him nods, pleased. “That’s good... I don’t want you to be uncomfortable when this is all over; it is nice that you aren’t frightened.”

“I didn’t say I wasn’t frightened... I just said I didn’t regret our deal... their lives are worth more than mine... I would do anything for them...”

“I’m surprised to see you just show up out of nowhere, Barasia.” Dexter lets out. “Yeah well, I’ve been kind of doing my own thing... but it seems you guys are reaching the climax of whatever it is you are doing, eh?” She says.

“About that...” Blossom states. Barasia raises an eyebrow. “We could really use your help... we are all alone in this, it’s just me, Dexter and Buttercup... we really need as much help as we can get.” Barasia looks to the distance. “B-Barasia?” She shakes her head before redirecting her gaze into Blossom’s eyes.

“Is killing every human being the only answer?” Blossom seems stumped by the question. Not so much the question itself, but who is asking this certain question. “You are the one who told us not to trust Humanity.” --- “Yes, yes I was... as a whole, it is deceitful... unmerciful... cruel. But... all of them? What about Utonium? What about Dexter?”

Dexter shakes his head. “We are accounted for. This was ‘our’ idea, after all.” He says with no amusement on his face. Barasia sighs. “I... guess you are right... a lot of innocents will be lost this way, though...” Blossom holds her arm tight as she looks to the city in the distance.

“We... we know...” --- “You can still call yourselves heroes after this?” --- “What should we do, then?!” She yells! “Sit by and let Model M destroy everything?! There simply isn’t enough power to destroy Model M... only... only its food source.” --- “Food source...?” Barasia asks enigmatically.

“Is that all they are to you?” --- “What has gotten into you?!” Dexter yells. “First you tell us not to trust them ever, then you tell us to let them live? Well here’s a fact, Barasia: Humanity has tried time and time again to KILL us, the people who have saved them countless times. Well now they killed so many heroes that have done nothing but help- that the entire world is on a one way slope straight to hell, and this is the only way to stop it!”

Barasia’s stance loses strength, as she seems to give in. “Fine... I’ll help... I knew that they were all scum...” She says powerfully. Dexter, almost insulted flies into the air. “Blossom...” He says, trying to find words. “Just... come on when you’re done... I have to go!”

Now alone, Blossom and Barasia look around in random directions, neither willing to continue the conversation, before Blossom finally asks:

“Is something wrong, Barasia?” She laughs under her breath. “There’s always something wrong... and there is always a solution. But what if the solution is the problem?” --- “Uh...”

“I will help you guys, but... can I ask you something?” Barasia states, in a sorrowful manner Blossom doesn’t recognize. She nods, afraid of the question.

“Are you okay with killing... everyone? The innocent... the children, children who could become great things... inventors, politicians... heroes...” Blossom looks away before answering.

“Those hypothetical situations don’t apply here... there is no future for them to grow up in... everyone on Earth is dead, dying... or waiting for death. There... there is nothing else we can do- it’s too late to change our minds...” Barasia seems to choke up. “I... see. Ha... I guess that’s it then. No future. No hope. Only death...”

Blossom looks to Barasia who seems very hurt, with head turned to a direction to avoid making eye contact. She puts her arm on Barasia’s shoulder. “There is hope; there is a future- just, not for humanity... not anymore...” Barasia looks over to Blossom, who seems to be wearing a strong face.

“This situation isn’t easy. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do... and I haven’t even done it yet. This is something we have to do... or the entire planet will be destroyed.” --- “What’s the point of a planet with no people on it?” --- “Life will go on... and as long as we have the power to protect it, that is what we will do!”

Barasia nods. “What you’re saying makes logical sense... but logic isn’t everything... it’s logic that caused me to create the Chronometals... sometimes, a little empathy can go a long way...” --- “Hesitance is our worst enemy at this point, we only have a few days until the world truly falls... we have to do whatever we can.” Barasia laughs and turns around completely.

“When did you turn so cold, Blossom?” She asks with tears in her eyes, causing Blossom to recoil. “B-Barasia...” She asks before pausing. “You... don’t have to help us if you don’t want to.” --- “And if I were to resist you?!” Blossom pauses before taking a stern stance. “I don’t know... I don’t want to find out. Help us... please.”

Laughing with tears in her eyes, Barasia speaks again. “FINE! I’ll help you... I’ll help you destroy the machine and... Kill everyone on Earth.” --- “Are you okay? I’ve never seen you like this before.”

“I’m fine, let’s go.” She says with a sneer before flying off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's kinda obvious why she is all sad and stuff, but no-one in this tangent knows why yet. Let's see what happens next!

Bird oft Error

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:35 am

nice i cant wait for the next part.
Junior and Minnie are off on another adventure but this time its from a different point of view.

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:39 am

grimjr1234567890 wrote:nice i cant wait for the next part.
Oh, you read this story? I didn't even know. Well thanks, It will be updated soon...

Bird oft Error

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah ive been reading it along with writing my story

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 am

grimjr1234567890 wrote:Yeah ive been reading it along with writing my story

Have...

Have you read ALL of it? That's almost astonishing, to my Knowledge no-one has done that yet, haha.

Bird oft Error

Postby grimjr1234567890 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:11 am

yeah i've read it all. im real good at speed reading that i can read huge books (3-400 page) in like 1 1/2 hours. good story though

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:56 am

In my opinion, one of my better parts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 2: Blue Burst

Bubbles stares into the horizon, Megaville far from their sub-urban house. The spine-like mountains surrounding it, a constant reminder of these wars. When gravity itself served Model M, tossing the very city into the air and by the skin of their teeth they managed to prevent a terminal velocity crash to Earth...

That was a long, long time ago... when the Powerpuff girls were a unified front, destined to save humanity from the forces of evil. But now? No-one is sure if any of the three are certain anymore... their paths so skewed that living day to day seems impossible without crushing regret.

But there is one, one who has never strayed from the path of what it means to be a hero, even in someone else’s description, she stays firm and fights for what she believes in.

“I can’t let them do this... not anymore; it is time I stop sitting around, crying. It is time for action!” She says to herself before flying into areas unknown!

The harsh wind is blowing; a team of unlikely individuals lie in wait next to one of the most mysterious places on Earth... Area 52.

“It’s in here... and to be fair, so are a lot of things that could be used against us, if my calculations are correct they should launch the attack in less than half an hour. I know time is of the essence, but now is the time we must wait.” He says before putting his scanning device away.

“So what is my role here? Punch it to death?” The newest addition to their team lets out, un-amused. “Honestly? Whatever you can to keep this thing from ever making it to space, we will be helping you.” He replies.

Blossom begins to speak up- “Wait, if we don’t have a lot of time, how are we going to make it to the Moon after this is done?” --- “Using a scanner Utonium and I invented, I have found that there is a prototype machine here that utilizes unstable antimatter as a form of Propulsion, even in its most primitive state it could get us to the Moon in a matter of seconds.”

He cringes: “That is, of course... if we are successful.” --- “Way to lift the spirits.” Barasia lets out.

They lie in wait, only a few minutes until the attack, until something is heard from far away. “Do... do you guys hear that?” Blossom lets out, causing the two others to pause and scan the area with their eyes and ears.

Barasia spots it before either of them- “BUBBLES?!”

Sitting on his chair, distraught, Utonium seems to be lost in thought. “Bubbles... why did I tell her... now she is... damn it!”

He gets up and paces around the room. “Doesn’t she know what we are... what they are... what...” He keeps trying to say, before cutting himself off. “What am I saying?! That’s my little girl! I cannot let her do this to herself!” He yells as he runs to a secret room in his office.

Now standing in clear view, Bubbles... the now single armed Powerpuff and admittedly weakest of the three stands defiant against the three super soldiers.

“I am not letting you do this any longer!” She yells out, shaking the ground! She looks over to Barasia with sad, yet angry eyes. “How could you, Lynn... we were friends, you fought with us to save humanity?! How can you follow them like this?!”

“B-Bubbles...” She lets out weakly. “What about Ruby?! How would you feel if she or her mother died?!” Her words spear Barasia in the chest, causing her to back away. “BUBBLES STOP IT!” Blossom roars! “I have had enough of your childishness, if you do not move I will move you myself, this world needs saving- not infantile fantasies!”

“INFANTILE?! How is it childish to want to save lives?!” --- “They are going to die anyway!” --- “That is just an excuse for mass murder! I will not let you do this!”

“And what are you going to do, stop us? I had hoped for your sake you would see it my way, but I guess this is unavoidable.” Dexter lets out drawing his D-Saber. As he draws his weapon Bubbles goes into battle position, surprising Blossom and Dexter both- expecting the gesture to scare her off... but on the contrary-

Her face is one of pure rage, her large blue eyes piercing the souls of all who look in it.

“I am so sick of this! You will have to kill me to go through with your mass murder!” To their surprise, Bubbles draws first blood firing a blue ball at Dexter, when he jumps into the air to avoid it. She moves her arm, causing the ball to circle around, causing a dust tornado to engulf Dexter!

“Stop this now, Bubbles!” Blossom says- “FUCK YOU!” She roars as she lunges at her and lands an incredibly powerful attack to her face! “I’M HARDCORE NOW!” She yells as the air around her electrifies!

Barasia’s eyes light up, having never seen Bubbles like this before. “B... Bubbles...”

The fight continues; Blossom and Dexter still using mock attacks, but having them backfire horrendously as her strength is obviously underestimated and they are constantly countered and sent flying!

“Don’t make us do this, Bubbles!” Dexter lets out one last time. “You already chose this path, what is one more innocent to the likes of you?!” Her words both sadden and enrage Dexter. “Blossom... I am sorry.” Dexter says as he flares his sword, as he often does before a serious battle.

Blossom nods, sure Bubbles will retreat before it gets too bad... They have only a few minutes before the machine launches an attack on The Hangar!

Blossom draws her B-Saber and sides with Dexter, as Barasia remains speechless in the back. “This is your last warning.” Dexter says- with Blossom following. “Leave before you make us seriously hurt you!” They await no response as they fire at Bubbles, who doesn’t even flinch.

“HA!” She yells as she barbarically charges at them! Where they impact causes a large scale explosion flinging dust in all directions! Barasia clenches her fists, not knowing who to fight for...

For Logic...?
Or Empathy...?

Even being tag teamed by Chronometal wearing heroes, Bubbles stands up to their attacks at full power, laying no real blows due to their outrageous speeds, but taking no real hits either.

They attempt to flank her at both sides, knowing she only has one arm to defend with. But she roars out and a blue shockwave engulfs them, knocking them to the ground with painful impacts. They fire back from the dust to attack her, but she is already on the ground, charging something!

She holds a blue ball of energy in her hands and her eyes go wide with anger as it grows and grows before nothing within a mile of this area can see anything but blue!

“HYAAAAAAAA!” She screams as she launches a catastrophic laser at the heroes, who barely have time to dodge it! Both of them coming out slightly singed.

Both Blossom and Dexter look amazed, but they don’t let up as they continue the attack!

Dexter bullets right for her but she stops him with one arm. Held in mid air he looks into her malice filled eyes, no devious smile, no innocent look. Just pure hatred...

She whips up a blue whirlwind and throws Dexter to the ground. The whirlwind blocks all vision and is strong enough to keep Blossom from penetrating it!

She raises her one arm as it becomes engulfed in a blue light, shaping into a sword. “It is time you died, Dexter!!!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pure untapped potential mixed with zealous rage to save an entire planet makes its own weapons. Lets see what could possibly happen!
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 am

Final part of Chapter 4- tangent 1. The Epilogue is after this, but that is after all tangents are topped off. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 3: Fury

Engulfed by an energy tornado, no-one can see or hear the actions inside. Dexter is pinned to the ground by an enraged hero, who has marked him as a threat to those she protects. Bubbles stands over him with an arm permeating with superhuman energy!

The energy around the arm forms what looks like a blade, and as she slowly lowers it to Dexter’s cheek, it penetrates with no resistance causing it to bleed immediately. Blood trickles down his face as he looks into the eyes of someone he cannot even recognize.

He underestimated her at every turn, mocked her at every chance he had. She meant nothing to him, and he began to view her as a nuisance. But now here he lies, his life a single thread she is about to cut with a blade made of rage and justice.

The energy tornado completely blocks his vision of anything but her and her deadly stare, but Dexter notes something.

He is not yet dead...

The blade lie imbedded in his flesh, but she is not pushing any further, but her face shows no sign of reluctance.

“I can feel your heart beating though the blade, Dexter... I almost forgot you had one...” She says simply, retaining a face unreadable. “I should kill you right now... and save this world...”

“Killing people to save a world? That sounds very familiar.” He taunts. “Shut up... this is different...” --- “Say what you will, you are the one in control of my life.”

Bubbles starts to tremble, but she edges the blade further into his face, slicing more of it and causing blood to gush out. “All I want to do is live in peace... but how can it be called living if there is no-one to live with...?! I refuse to accept your world Dexter!”

“I had hoped you would understand, but it seems you are still attracted to the fantasy that the world gives a shit about anything but itself. If they had even a second your life would be smashed under their heel and they would do nothing but laugh!”

“I SAID SHUT UP!” She yells as the tornado loses focus!

“THE WORLD DESPISES YOU! THEY WILL WANT YOU DEAD EVEN IF YOU KILL ME!”

“WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT!” She roars as she rises from him and begins to slash down onto his neck, before she is bashed away! The tornado vanishes and Dexter rises from the dust to view his savior.

It is Barasia...

The tornado is gone but the energy in the air causes an electric storm around them. They feel a deep rumbling in the ground beneath them-

“Oh no, it is too late!” Dexter yells as what looks like a rocket flies out of the Base! It pierces the electric storm leaving an ominous hole in the sky; through the hole they can see a faint shape in the distance. The Hangar!

Barasia rises as Bubbles looks upon her both astonished and disappointed. “Why...?” Barasia looks up into the air, through the hole in the storm. “I am not sure if this is the right thing to do, Bubbles. But this is all that is left... surely you know what will happen in only a few days.”

“The professor told me... so what? Are we to just abandon everything that makes us heroes and murder the entire world?!” --- “What defines a hero?” --- “Someone who will stop at nothing to save the world! NOTHING!”

She extends her hand to the grounded Bubbles, who looks back surprised. “Then come help us save the world.” Bubbles pauses. “But... what about Ruby? What about the professor... I...” She stutters. “I can’t! I can’t do that! I won’t!” She yells as she bats her hand away and rises to her feet alone and begins to float into the air.

She gives one last look of sadness before flying after the war machine.

Dexter walks up to Barasia who merely looks into the hole in the sky. “Thanks for saving me back there... I had no idea she was so strong...” --- “Yeah well, it’s too late to go back now; we have to save this world. Your way.” She turns around to look him in the eyes.

“You came this far with your philosophy, let’s see if the world can accept it!” Dexter nods and looks up- “We need to chase after that thing, now.” --- “But it went so fast, how could we even try to catch it?!” Blossom lets out. Dexter looks at the base, its launch doors are still open. “We have to get to the experimental engine!”

“Here it comes...” Him says. “I guess so, who would have thought it would come to this? One final showdown in space to decide the fate of the world.”

As it nears, Buttercup begins to shake and shiver. “Are you alright?” Him asks.

She says nothing, eyeing the impending battle, the last battle of her life...

“Everything’s set. Who would of thought you would show up?” Dexter exclaims, pleased. “Yeah well, I couldn’t let Bubbles do this to herself, I was going to get to The Hangar myself to stop this all, but to find you guys here... that was lucky!” Utonium lets out.

“Stop this how?” Blossom asks. Utonium takes a familiar looking vial out of his bag. It’s the Chronometal gas that can end all of humanity in the right hands. “I had a backup ready, and I was going to sneak it into the launching mechanism... I had no idea that they had that war machine though... so I guess it’s lucky that you guys showed up.”

“Yeah, really lucky!” Dexter says before looking over to his group.

“Okay, guys... listen up. This engine is highly experimental, it is very likely that something BAD could happen, so... just putting that out there, if you want to leave this and follow us to The Hangar by flight alone, which is fine... just saying this before I press this red button.” He emphasizes the button with the word ‘launch’ on it.

No-one speaks up and he smirks slightly. “Alright... Here

We

GO!”

He presses the button and they fire off at nearly the speed of light, quickly crossing the war machine before the engine stalls in space, leaving them drifting just outside of The Hangar. “I’m going to try to land this in the bay, but... you know... we are going VERY FAST SO HOLD ON TO YOUR ASS!”

He yells as he slides into the large hangar at terminal velocity, crashing into the bay wall and shattering the ship! Blossom, Dexter and Barasia are fine, but Utonium is gasping for breath! The vacuum of space is killing him!

Dexter notices this and punches the door into the inner installation, and tears it off, causing all of the air to fire out- he grabs Utonium and flies into the oxygenated zone with Blossom and Barasia. He opens another hatch and bolts into it before the entire level depressurizes. Once everyone is inside she shuts it and puts Utonium down.

He is hyperventilating, but all the while looking thankful. “No time for thanks, we have a world to save!” He yells out bolting into the control chamber. “Blossom, Barasia- you fly out and help Buttercup! This is going to be close!” He yells, disappearing behind another hatch.

Blossom and Barasia nod to each other before finding an ejection hatch. Barasia flies out first, but Blossom looks over to the Professor who looks like he finally caught his breath.

“I never wanted it to come to this... but I guess we don’t have a choice, huh?” Blossom asks. “We never had the time to sit out and discuss a better plan... this is all we have, this is not the time for regret. If that machine destroys this station everything we have worked for was for nothing... I believe in you, I believe in all of you... go save the world, Blossom!”

She smiles and fires out of the hatch as Utonium rises and looks out of the Glass to see the entire Earth, the machine coming in fast and Blossom, Buttercup and Barasia preparing for it. “Bubbles... I am so sorry...”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tangent 2's chapter 4 is up next. The epilogue to all of the chapters as well as the Barasian war will be after the final tangent 6 parts from now. Still got some waiting time.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:39 pm

Tangent 2, Chapter 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Tangent 2: Model M’s Return
Chapter 4: Dawning Upon the Truth
Part 1: United in Confusion

“...You alright...?”

“...Can you hear me...?”

“BLOSSOM!” --- “WHAT?!” She yells as she nearly collides with Bubbles’ head by sitting up too fast! “Oh, uh... sorry.” Blossom apologizes. She looks around, she is in the house, and it is getting dark. “How long was I out?” Bubbles looks around, not sure how to say this.

“A... couple days...” Blossom fires off of the bed and looks out the window. “ARE YOU SURE?! This is not good; we don’t have a lot of time!” She runs out of the room, before realizing Bubbles isn’t following her.

“Come on, we have a world to save!” --- “Why fight it?” --- “Huh...?”

Bubbles turns her head to look Blossom in the eyes. “Why Fight It...?! Everyone is already dead! It was your fault, you couldn’t decide what was what! Who was the Hero? Who was the villain? And now they are all dead, and we are next!”

“Bubbles?!” Blossom cries out, as the room turns red. “What the hell?!” --- “We are already dead, accept your failures...” --- “BUB-

-BLES!” She screams out, waking up in her bed! She flies up the stairs into the room. “What is it?! Are you okay?!” Blossom looks around, everything seems normal... but it is getting dark outside none the less.

“How long was I out?” --- “A couple hours... the system completely drained your energy.” Blossom climbs out of the bed, before she notices something.

She is not wearing her Chronometal, and is in fact- completely naked. She blushes slightly, but facing away from Bubbles she does little more than that. “Was it really so bad that you had to remove everything?” Bubbles nods, almost scared. “It drained so much energy that the Professor said you were at ‘zero.’ But it was worse than that, the Chronometal on you was taking you below what was thought to be nothing.”

She continues, now sitting on the bed opposite sided of Blossom.

“We were so worried, your life seemed to be vanishing before our eyes, if it wasn’t for Dexter we never would have been able to save you.” Blossom’s eyes go wide as she asks- “Dexter? He’s here?” --- “He... he was... he said he felt you dying from so far away that he came to save you.”

“Save me?” Bubbles blushes slightly. “Well... to keep it short ‘WE’ weren’t the ones to undress you, he was.” Blossom lifts the blanket over her to prevent the world from seeing her like this. Bubbles giggles slightly before lying down beside the lump in the bed.

“It was magical really; he was giving you what looked like Chronometal CPR. His metal was transferring energy right into your chest, before we knew it you were breathing on your own, but your entire body was lacerated from the subtraction of natural energy... he removed the rest of your clothing and operated on you at a pace not even I could keep track of.”

Blossom head pears out of the blanket as she continues. “In mere seconds the gashes and cuts on your body seemed to disappear as your breathing became more stable. He saved your life in seconds using skills neither the Professor nor I could even fathom. After that, he left. It was so simple to him, like it was second nature.”

“Did he really do all of that? I thought that he marked us as enemies...” --- “That’s what I though too, but to be honest he never made eye contact with either of us. He only answered my question when he left. He might still not trust me...” Blossom leaves the bed and begins to redress.

She flexes her arms and moves her fingers around. “I still feel a little weak, but I guess it could have been so much worse...” She looks out of the window. “Dexter...” She says simply before turning around, noticing Bubbles is still lying on the bed. As she looks closer it appears she has fallen asleep. She must have been so worried that she never went to sleep...

Blossom covers her up and leaves the room.

“Damn it feels weird to not have my Chronometal on.” She says as she walks down the stairs, to see something unexpected.

Buttercup sitting on the couch, watching TV. Next to her is her Chronometal in its condensed state.

“Buttercup? What are you doing here?” She tears her eyes from the television to meet hers, before her eyes go wide. She runs off the couch so fast Blossom barely has time to see her move before she is locked in an embrace!

“You’re okay! You’re really okay!” --- “You’re freaking me out, Buttercup!” She lets go and begins to sniffle. “When Dexter told me you almost died, I couldn’t bear to be anywhere but here, I had to make sure that you were alive at all costs!” She says, as Blossom feels something weird, before Buttercup’s dress turns brown.

“Wait, where was Him just now?” --- “Inside you.” Blossom squints as she views herself. “Well, you are both red, so he didn’t change your color or anything.” Her shadow rises and Him smiles as he floats over her.

“It wasn’t really required... I was there to prevent you from dying if you took a turn for the worst... it seems it was un-needed however, Dexter’s healing powers are extraordinary!”

“Thanks... all of you.” Blossom says before Utonium opens the basement door. “Buttercup, I have the... BLOSSOM! You’re awake! That’s good, come down here, I have something you both have to see!” Buttercup beckons her down as she follows Utonium.

Blossom pauses for a short while before following them.

‘Are we all on the same side again?’ she wonders to herself as she goes downstairs.

Utonium accesses a computer, instantly boring Buttercup, but attracting Blossom. “This is the data I collected from your scan before it overloaded, Blossom. I thought I saw something strange, and it turns out- I was right!”

He says this excited, but at the same time hesitant. “What is it?” Blossom asks. “Well... there is, uh...” Him rises from the shadows, but doesn’t say anything, feeling the situation around him. “Spit it out!”

“There is another Model M, floating behind the dark side of the moon, it is enormous... larger than all of Megaville!” Blossom pauses and looks at Him, who looks back. He nods, clearly knowing that there was already a Model M there.

Buttercup seems stunned, adding nothing to the conversation. Blossom moves the conversation forward.

“What type of Model M is it?” Utonium accesses the database to show Blossom something unsettling.

“It’s nothing we have ever seen. We know Malevolence is self sustaining and capable of being sentient... Malignance feeds off emotion itself to destroy the world... and Mother feeds off of the entire world to make offspring, but this... this doesn’t seem to feed off of anything! This is perplexing, because it is so large!”

“So this is a new type of Model M? That’s very...” Blossom pauses... “Scary...” She says hesitantly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a new Model M. I find that line funny, because readers right now- unless they were paying very close attention to the entire story wouldn't even know there are multiple types.

But hey, if you already knew there is more than one type of Model M, bravo, reader!
Last edited by Birdofterror on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:18 pm

The beginning of this next part felt kind of weird. I haven't gone such a long time without a cut-away. I think it's fine, but I could of made it a little better. Eh, who cares: it's filler anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 2: Guided by the Arks

“So what’s the plan?” A voice heard from an unknown direction lets out.

“D-Dexter?” Buttercup asks, looking around, but unable to find him. “I’m outside, I am talking to you all using a new ability I found out when healing Blossom.” --- “Can you hear us talk back?” Buttercup asks. “Yes I can.” He pauses for a moment. “There’s a new Model M... one behind the moon. This is troubling... it completely negates my goals of eliminating humanity... if this new Model M feeds off of something other than suffering and Death, killing humanity would be a total waste.”

Bubbles walks down the stairs, now rested from her nap. “So... we can be allies again?” She asks, sleepily. A short pause permeates the air. “Yes, Bubbles... it seems you and Blossom were right. I jumped to the wrong conclusion thinking Model M was so simple as to be defeated simply by cutting of its food source... I should have known...” He says before pausing again.

They hear the door open, and before them is the one and only Dexter. Bubbles stares at him as if he was a threat, but she doesn’t say anything. “So I’ll ask again... What’s the plan?” Utonium clears his throat and begins to speak again. “Yes, well... There is something about it I haven’t mentioned.” Dexter and Blossom turn around to meet the professor’s words.

“Ever since Blossom scanned it with such a high powered device, it has been slowly drifting around from the Dark side to the front...” Everyone seems silent. “So... it’s coming for us?” Buttercup lets out.

“Y... Yes, there is something else I should mention as well...” He pauses, building tension. “The Model M swarms on Earth have... well... stopped.” --- “R-Really?!” Bubbles lets out, excited! “Well... sort of... they have all, gathered...” --- “Gathered?” --- “Yes, as soon as we scanned that new Model M, the swarms have stopped, and are grouping up...”

Dexter moves forward. “I want to examine your findings.” --- “Of course, Dexter.” They nod to each other as Dexter sits at his terminal.

“The... ‘Plan’ per say, is prepare for the worst.” --- “Some plan.” Buttercup sputters. “Well, it’s a little more than that... there is a Weapon that was designed to prepare for such a thing.” Dexter’s ears perk up.

“The prototype weapon? The one designed for space combat?” Utonium turns around- “You know about that?” Dexter nods, still using the computer. “That’s... one of the weapons I’m talking about.” --- “There’s another?” Dexter asks, diverting his full attention.

“The Military has begun construction of another Cannon, the kind we designed before this large misunderstanding.” --- “Misunderstanding? Bubbles is missing an arm!” Buttercup yells. “Yeah... that was the catalyst behind all of this... if it wasn’t for us finding this new Model M, I’m sure I would have... done something foolish...” Dexter says, still reading Utonium’s data.

“So where is this cannon being built?” Blossom asks. “The Colorado Mountains, next to a little town.” --- “I bet it sucks ass.” Buttercup shivers. “I hate the cold...” --- “So this new cannon, it can help us against this new Model M?” --- “Hopefully... it was designed for a Malignance Typed Model M, but I’m sure it can help us with this one.”

Blossom sparks an idea. “What if I can charge it with my Chronometal?” The question causes Utonium and Dexter to bolt their heads to her. “Blossom, I will not let you do that to yourself again.” Dexter says simply. “You almost died last time... if I didn’t show up, you...” He shakes his head.

“I don’t want to imagine a world without you in it, Blossom.” He says as he returns to his work. “Dexter is right, Blossom... it is far too dangerous...” --- “I see... I was just thinking out loud.” The room goes silent, save the pitter patter of Dexter’s fingers on the keyboard.

“I see...” Dexter says, addressing the group. Before any of them can ask, he speaks up again:

“The Chronometal Scanner is powered by Chronometal technology. Boosting it to such highs must have attracted whatever was behind the moon. If everything that has happened has happened for a reason that means the Lunar Model M is connected the Earth Model M!”

Utonium nods, seemingly coming to the same conclusion. “How much time do we have left?” Blossom asks and Dexter shakes his head. “Not long... a day at max.” Bubbles gasps, while the others in the room look to one another... before Blossom speaks up. “I knew we didn’t have too much time, but... a day?” --- “I am not too sure myself, but the Model Ms are acting erratic, as if we weren’t supposed to ever discover this lunar Model M.”

Him, who has been silent this whole time, begins to speak, commanding the attention of everyone in the room.

“A day? One twenty four hour period? Yes... that is indeed all you have. You must make a choice, Dexter and Blossom. Hard choices, ones that would shake the very foundation of the Earth! The end draws near, and the Ark craves temporal stability. If you can manage to destroy the entire of the Model Ms... Or at least incapacitate them, the Ark will return to full power, and this world will once again know fleeting peace.”

“So even the embodiment of hell itself gives us his blessing?” Dexter asks. “Then we cannot possibly fail, given he is the only higher power we have left.”

As the others begin to talk amongst each other, Him is in pause. ‘The only higher power left...’ he thinks to himself. His uncertainty seems to travel into Buttercup, who picks up on it and raises her head to speak to him.

“What’s wrong?” Him says nothing, merely viewing his claws. “Him, what is wrong? Tell me!” --- “It is nothing, Buttercup. Nothing at all...” He says as he regains his composure and vanishes into the shadows.

“Buttercup?” She asks herself. “Not... ‘My’ Buttercup? What has gotten into him?” After a short while, she feels a tugging on herself, a gesture she is familiar with.

“Just come back in an hour, Him...” She says as she goes from Brown to Green.

“Be safe! WATCH OUT FOR TRAFFIC!” She yells as the young girl lets off mock reassurances. “That girl...” She says to herself as she begins to re-enter the house- before being caught by a strange power.

“I know this feeling...” She says to herself before she turns around. “You...” --- “Yes, Barasia... or is it... Lynn, now? It is I... How long do you insist on living this lie?” --- “L-Lie?! Why are you here, Him?” --- “The world itself is on a slippery slope toward my domain; Hell. It is doomed, for lack of a better term.”

She looks around her but everything seems fine. “Doomed? What do you mean?” --- “Destiny is unraveling at the seems, and it needs you to be at the heroes’ sides.” She looks Him in the eye, before turning around. “That’s who I was, but not anymore... I’ve settled down...” --- “Your love for this girl, it is heartwarming... yes, she lost her mother in the wars... but the entire world will be lost without your intervention.” He states before walking near her.

“Isn’t it my choice?” --- “Of course, I am nothing if not fair... I am just telling you this... because...” He cuts himself off as he raises his claws into the air. The ground begins to rumble slightly as a familiar power rises around them.

“No- that’s impossible... you-“ She tries to say as a device rises from the Earth. A device, loosely resembling a 'T' and colored a glorious silver. It is the one, the only:

“The Ark...!” She huffs. “Yes, Barasia- the Ark. I know how you have searched for it all this time during these events... well, this one is mine, bound to my very existence... but I can tell you where to find Mandark’s derelict Ark... Under one condition!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snap, Him and Barasia talking. You know shit it going down there!

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 am

This chapter conclusion has the most ball dropping since like... chapter 2 of the first story. Shit is getting awesome in here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 3: The Darkest of Metals

Him and Barasia stand in a strange looking room, obviously scientific... but it has a few subtle tweaks to make it look almost home-furnished.

“So, I was on the right track all along?” --- “Indeed, all you need is to push a little harder... the Ark is close to the bottom.” --- “I’m already on floor like; what? I’ve just created the one hundredth thing.” --- “Thing?” --- “Don’t play dumb, you are HIM. You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

They look at each other before Barasia cocks her head. “W-What, you... don’t know?” Him pauses, not sure of himself. “Now that I think about it-“ He states before continuing. “I cannot detect or foresee anything past this door...”

“Really?” She asks. “Maybe it’s the Nano-steel. That crap works on everything." He shakes his head. “I can feel the past, present and future. But I cannot feel through this area... why?” She shakes her head before inputting a command, forcing the large door open.

“Shall we?” She asks. Him, looking almost afraid, steps into the dark halls.

Following Barasia at a safe pace, he takes notice of several pods. “I can feel... something... something strange...” --- “Are you okay?!” Barasia yells, un-amused. “Y-Yes... let’s keep going.” Barasia sighs and continues.

They reach a stairwell and climb down the stairs. Every flight seeming longer than the last, before Him can no longer see the roof of the room they once entered.

They reach Barasia’s last created floor. Unlike the others, which were artistically crafted and futuristic looking, this one is covered in dirt, walls and all. “This level is incomplete; the next in the line of the hundredth will be graced with this floor.” Him looks at the wall, it splays:

Sub-Level thirteen. “You... sure have been busy...” --- “Yeah well, being a mom and NOT a superhero gives... or rather; Gave me a lot of free time, and I don’t feel like being alone when Ruby leaves... so I feel like I should have infinite children to accommodate my immortality, you know?” --- “Immortality...?” Him asks.

“Well, I don’t age... and I certainly don’t plan on dying any time soon.” --- “Right... right...”

Standing in the middle of the room, Barasia simply pats the dirt. “How much farther?” --- “Not too much... another ten floors: Max.” --- “Floors, huh? I’ll get to those LATER!” She yells as she punches through the Earth!

Him floats after her as she makes impressive progress punching and jabbing through solid rock, before they know it- she falls into a cave!

“WHOA!” She yells as she catches herself in mid-air, almost forgetting she could fly. “Haven’t had to fly in a while... huh...?!” She stutters as she looks around.

“What the hell... is this place?!”

“Him has been gone a long time...” Buttercup says to herself as they continue along. “What’s that?” Bubbles asks. “Nothing... just passing the time by talking to myself, God forbid I remember where we are for a minute... ugh...” She says, holding her arms to her core in an attempt to get warm.

The snow is starting to die down slightly. “I freaking hate the cold!” Buttercup exclaims as she sniffles. “It’s not much longer now.” Utonium yells to the group.

“Are you sure it is even here? The last cannons were built in the open, if this one is so hard to find that we can’t even locate it from the air... I mean... what’s the point?” --- “It’s here, I promise... ah! There!” He yells as he points to a door.

As they begin to enter it, Bubbles asks a question. “How do the people in the town live like this?” --- “What do you mean?” --- “I mean, I picked up a newspaper when we passed through... it seems to of been destroyed more then Townsville... and to my knowledge there aren’t any superheroes here.”

“Ha, I guess they learned to be self sufficient. The mountains make people tough!” --- “Or numb to the fact that this place is dangerous...” She says as she throws the newspaper on the ground. Across its front says: ‘South Park News.’

Standing in the center of it, she looks around, as if she were on an Alien Planet. She holds a device in her hands; it is the one she desired all along...

“How does a place like this exist without being found?” --- “That does not matter, but now you have the Sleeping Ark. With it, you can help this world, you can save this world!”

“Yeah, but how? With the power of Time Travel, we can only go forward or back about ten years, give or take. The universe is still very unstable. And you said that even with all of our combined powers, this Universe is doomed... so why even have the Ark?”

“THIS Universe is doomed... but we can bend space and time and travel to a newer Universe... but this one has something ours does not... a new Chronometal!” After that final statement, Barasia looks around one last time.

“Still, this place is like a temple... I have to check it out later...” --- “You have all the time in the world to examine this area... come, we have an Omniverse to save.” They begin to fly back up Barasia’s hole, before Him feel something disturbing. “You... go on alone, Barasia, I have to do something on my own.” After he says that he vanishes from sight.

The area Him is in is unfamiliar to anyone alive or dead. It seems to be a large Crystal floating in the middle of an even larger cavern, one filled with Magma and one that expands so far you cannot see the ends of it. The magma swirls and spins in circles, as if defying gravity... as if protecting the Crystal.

Him floats toward the crystal, which seems to resonate with his presence.

“It’s been a while, I’ve been bored.” --- “How is that even possible? You exist outside of space-time!” --- “Having everything that ever was at your fingertips means nothing if the story has no ending. Imagine reading the first half of a book over and over and over and over-“

“I get it-“ --- “And over and over and over-“ --- “I GET IT!” Him roars out! “No need to get snippy... now, why are you here?” --- “I couldn’t sense certain things about Barasia’s lab. It’s as if they were shielded from the sight of Destiny.”

The crystal shines a small bit, before dimming down. A being floats out of the solid crystalline walls. He is human looking, solid metal body, metallic face and a large devil-like wing splaying out of his right shoulder.

“I just felt it too, now that you mentioned it... but- It felt like Ark Beta.” --- “Beta? But Barasia has it now... why was I feeling it in her lab, but no-where else?” --- “My only guess would be Briarus... he must be tampering with fate.” --- “Why would he shield her lab?” --- “I have no idea, I must admit. But he must of found something in there worth protecting from the rest of the Omniverse... something like, a messiah...” --- “MESSIAH?! Barasia is building a Messiah?! How is that even possible?!”

Barasia stands in her new back yard, flowers and grass abound. It is a serene location, but it brings only little comfort to Barasia’s troubled mind. “A new Chronometal? Alternate dimension or not, it seems to defy logic. There is no artificial life-form anywhere between now and the previous or next fifteen years... and this Ark will not go any further than those 2 extremes...”

She looks troubled, using logic against herself. “Well... there is one... me...” She stares at the Ark. “Am I... the next Chronometal?”

---------------------------------------------------------

I WONDER WHAT COULD HAPPEN!

Well, I know exactly what's going to happen. But telling you all would be spoiling. I don't want to spoil it. After all, tangent 3 is up next.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:17 pm

I guess this is just a shameless bump, but in all honestly, I am still working on the next parts.

They will come out soon, I promise... for whoever is still reading.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:32 am

Sorry for the very long wait, I'm kind of overwhelming myself with the FOUR separate epilogues that are coming up very soon.

Without further delay, here is the first part of the final chapter of the final tangent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Chapter 4: Eyeing the Dark Heavens
Part 1: Black Motherhood

(After a few minutes to themselves, catching up... as well as mutual gawking at each other, the two find themselves in Barasia’s back yard during the darkness of night.)

“I was actually going to try to find you guys pretty soon, but I never had the time...” --- “I always imagined you were pretty busy... but, being a Mom? I have to admit... give me ten lifetimes and I still never would have guessed.” Barasia blushes slightly, sipping tea.

“And that, TEA? I mean... aren’t you a robot? Can you even drink tea?” --- “W-well, I can taste...” She says before covering her mouth. “It’s... more a nervous habit. I noticed all of Ruby’s teachers and friends moms drinking it... I thought it would make me seem normal.”

“Why do you want to be normal?” Blossom asks, eyeing Barasia’s clothing.

A classy yet not at all revealing dress with refined adornments, and she is even wearing high heels. As she views her attire, something hits her in the back of the mind.

“Wait, you still look barely older than Ruby though!” Barasia scratches the back of her head. “Not a lot of people ask that question though; I think they think it is impolite. Especially if they know Ruby’s mom... you know...”

“Oh... right...” Blossom remembers. “How... how did she die?” Barasia sighs and puts her tea down.

“I... don’t want to go into too much detail. But it was during the end of the first war.” --- “WHAT?! That soon? What happened?!” Barasia shakes her head. “Like a lot of children during that time, she got swept into a mass-orphanage. The stories she told me were... unsettling. I’m glad she turned out fine, however... but I can’t leave her, not again. It was ‘my’ fault after all.”

Blossom turns away. “Our fault you mean.” Barasia smiles a small bit at the attempt to cheer her up, then shakes her head. “Now you know... but I want to know what I can do for you.” Blossom nods and faces Barasia and looks into the night sky, toward the Moon.

“Something terrible is happening, Barasia. After you left, the world turned its guns on us... Bubbles has lost an arm, and Buttercup and Dexter seemed to have lost their minds. The professor is in prison... and now if it wasn’t for Ruby I probably would have been dead.”

“About that-“ Barasia cuts Blossom off with: “You said she had your analgesic from before the Chronometal wars?” --- “Yeah, she said she got it from you... but I didn’t even know if you were still alive, let alone where you were or what you were doing.”

“Well, it actually isn’t yours... I copied it.” --- “Copied? Why?” --- “I wanted to be sure I had the best medicine on the planet for Ruby.” --- “Oh, I see...”

After a short delay, both Blossom and Barasia feel a short and sharp rumble. It passes in less than a second... but after a few seconds they feel it again.

“What is this...?” Barasia asks. Blossom seems to dart her eyes around back and forth, certain she has heard and felt this somewhere before...

It pulses again and again, before she finally gasps! “BUBBLES!”

Weakly floating above her house, knowing Blossom is not inside; she continues to deeply yelp in all directions. “I feel kind of like a lighthouse...” She says to herself softly. She begins to yelp again, but before she can do it, Blossom is already in her face!

“BWAHHH!” She yells, knocking both herself and Blossom back! “Easy girl!” Blossom teases. She looks below her, to what was once her house.

The windows are shattered, the doors are beaten in, and the city has a large ground patrol. “Are you okay, Bubbles?” --- “Where were you just now?” --- “Oh, uh... j-just with Barasia...” --- “Can you take me to her, please?”

Blossom eyes Bubbles, she seems to have quite the story to tell about what she saw on the Moon. “Okay, follow me.”

She holds a glass of tea with her only hand, she raises it to her lips... but her hand is too shaky, so she puts it down. Barasia has been staring at her body the whole time, making her slightly uncomfortable... but she doesn’t mention it.

“I’m surprised you heard that Blossom, it’s been a very long time since we had to locate each other without calling attention to ourselves.” Bubbles says, now eyeing the Moon. “I don’t want to sound like we don’t have a lot of time left... but now Dexter and Buttercup know we are not on their side... whatever it is they are doing exactly, I have the feeling we have to find out and stop it, now.”

Blossom looks around, she views herself; she is still slightly bruised from the collapsed lab. She notices that Bubbles also seems pretty beaten up too, but she doesn’t know from what.

“Where did you get that bruise from, Bubbles?” Blossom asks, causing Bubbles to sigh.

“Buttercup...” Blossom pauses and eyes the ground. “Has she lost her mind...?!” --- “I don’t know... but there isn’t much we can do to convince her, she seems dead set on this- and I don’t know why.” Blossom looks up, noticing that Barasia isn’t here. “W-Where did she go?”

“Don’t go... please! Don’t leave me alone again...” She brushes her hair back and reassures her with a peck on the forehead. “I will be back, I promise... go to sleep and I will be here in the morning, okay?” --- “But you are going to do hero stuff... how do I know you will come back...?” She says through a quivering lip and quaking voice.

She embraces her and closes her eyes. “I will never leave you again... that’s how you will know... I promise, Ruby... that I will be with you for as long as I live...” She hiccups in her arms, trying to fight back the tears. “O-Okay... I’ll... trust you...”

She relents her grasp and looks her in the eyes. Hers are large and watery, just like the day she first met her. She gets off of the bed and walks out of the door, but not before casting one last glance back, she is watching her walk away silently, putting faith in the hope that she will come back by morning.

She closes the door...

She exits to the back yard in her updated Attire. “Woah...” Blossom slips out, viewing the new Barasia.

Black pants, white shoes, black jacket and white gloves. She looks like she was all those years ago in her back yard after she appeared out of the portal. “We have a world to save... and I have to be back by breakfast.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has a comment, don't hesitate to leave one. Really.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:56 am

Part 2 is up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 2: The Neo Powerpuff Girls

“Are you sure...?” --- “I was there... I’m the one who threw the punches... I’m more than sure.” He shakes his head and looks over the lunar horizon to the Earth.

“Blossom... ha... I guess that’s why I chose her after all.” --- “What do you mean, Dexter?” --- “This all happened because of actions what feels like hundreds of years ago, but in reality it cant be any longer than fifteen years... I was always a brat as a kid, and kind of merciless as... well... as what I am now.”

He looks at the Hangar and recites from memory. “You may not remember what happened at the crash... but after that horrible incident that caused the entire world to... well, die; I knew I had to pass the baton of the world to someone else. That someone was Blossom.”

Buttercup’s shade rises, but this time he is not wearing an evil smirk. “I remember, Dexter. And now you are feeling that you made the wrong decision.”

Dexter merely stands there, facing away from them. What feels like hours goes by before he responds. “Somewhere down the line, I made a huge mistake... but it wasn’t with Blossom. This proves it.”

“Wh-What do you mean...?” Buttercup asks, baffled. “I gave her all the power she needed to take up the mantle of the world’s single most important hero. And now she has targeted us. If anyone here has a perfect moral compass, it’s that girl.”

Buttercup smirks and laughs a small bit, before cracking up; Dexter following suit, holding his sides as they collapse to the ground in laughter!

They both sigh, in the lunar dirt looking at Earth. “She was always right as far as I can remember...” Buttercup reminisces. “When either Bubbles or I thought we knew better, everything turned out worse... ha! Maybe she’s right? Maybe we are doing the wrong thing?”

“Men of science never shrug off the possibility that everything they have lived for was a giant lie. I won’t mince words; it’s possible everything I have worked for was wrong.”

Buttercup sits up as Him sits down beside her.

“I just can’t forgive what they have done to us- what they have done to every hero on the planet. They brought this on themselves.” --- “But you two have the power to stop this.” Him replies. They both look at Him. “Everything until now has been of your free will. If you wish to stop; stop.”

Dexter chuckles a small bit before standing up. “I can’t do that.” He says, causing Buttercup to look up at him.

“If Blossom is truly the hero we all think she is, then even if we stop, we will all still die. There may have been a time to stop this without erasing humanity, but that time is far gone. We have a day left before not even The Hangar can stop Model M. And once that happens, I know for a fact she will die trying to protect them. And WE will die trying to protect her.” Buttercup rises from the lunar dust as well and walks to his side.

“I will do everything in my power to ensure my sisters make it out of this alive! Saving the world is merely a bonus.” Dexter smiles at her and replies. “My thoughts exactly.”

Right in the belly of the beast, the three girls find themselves at the mercy of those who have sworn to kill them.

“You came peacefully, that is good. But I take it you came for a reason?” A man through the intercom states. Blossom looks around. Thousands of men with high tech weapons are all pointing at her. Red dots envelope Bubbles and Barasia, even more accented by the darkness of night.

“I came to deliver a warning of what will happen in less than a day, and to ask for your full co-operation in preventing it.” --- “Very well, tell us what is so important, and we may consider it.”

“Thank you... are you all familiar with an environmental satellite code-named ‘The Hangar’?” --- “Yes, we have been told by Utonium that something will happen regarding it, but we have no details. And nothing to fall back on.”

“It’s Dexter.” --- “Dexter you say?” The intercom goes silent as the restless soldiers begin to fidget. “What about Dexter?” --- “He is going to administer a Chemical that is fatal to humans by the end of tonight. If his calculations are correct; and let me stress that he is very good with his calculations: Every single human will be dead by sun-up.”

A large delay once again sweeps the military base. “Why would he do this?” The intercom blares, as the voice is obviously not the same person who was speaking before. It must have been a panicked private.

“As many of you know, Model M... the ‘planetary malignance’ feeds off of humanity, or more specifically its combined emotions. He has learned that Model M will destroy the entire planet; using the torture of humanity as a fuel source to detonate the planet’s core... he is seeking to... ‘save the world’ by killing all of humanity.”

The soldiers, no longer comfortable pointing their weapons at the girls relent and begin talking amongst themselves as another pause sweeps the base.

“I guess that makes sense...”
“Why? What’s a world without us?”
“Dexter? But... I toasted his honor!”

A small debate breaks in the ranks, before the intercom blares again, causing silence before it starts to speak.

“Everything you are telling us adds up to the story Utonium told us, and whatever little information we have at hand. Until this situation is handled we will put your... capturing... on hold. Until then, stay put and let us-“

“Can’t let you do that, sorry.” Bubbles spits out coarsely. “This is a hero problem and it will have a hero conclusion. With, or without your help, we just came to tell you ‘we’ aren’t the enemies. So please, get out of our way or back us up.”

“I’ll back you up!”
“Shut up Ted, it’s not our place!”
“ONE DAY?!”

The outburst from one of the soldiers causes a delayed panic in the corps. “Yes, one day. Not even that. THIS NIGHT. We need to strike now, or all is lost.” Barasia exclaims to the base and its units.

“Very well Powerpuff Girls, we will support you... we have one thing we can use to help you. It will be in the air by the hour. I hope you all can stall Dexter until then.” --- “P-Powerpuff... girls...?” Barasia slips out, causing a wry smile to cross Bubbles’ face.

“We’re sisters now!” She exclaims, before Blossom sours the mood. “Sorry to ruin the fun, but we have another sister to take care of.” She says pointing to the sky.

“P... Powerpuff Girls... away?” Barasia lets out confused, causing Blossom to nearly burst out laughing.

She regains her composure and points to the stars: “Neo Powerpuffs! Forward!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One part until massive amounts of Epilogues.

Sheesh...

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:49 am

Final part of the Final Chapter. After all of these I will recap the story, maybe add some side-endings... all that good stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chronometal Panic
Part 3: Omens of the End

“This is really it, I guess...” Dexter lets out, looking out the glass window through the starry skies toward Earth. “I’ll... I...” Buttercup tries to say. Dexter tries to pick up her words but she continues on her own:

“I can’t let them get in; if they make it here we lose. I will stop them at all costs! I hope Blossom doesn’t take this too far and backs off once she realizes she is beaten...” Buttercup lets out with a mixture of fear and uncertainty, causing Dexter to follow her words with hollow reassurance.

“Maybe she will call our bluff and push on even through insurmountable odds, knowing we won’t finish her off?” --- “Yeah, well... I’m not going to be so lenient on Barasia.” Dexter frowns a bit. “I agree, unfortunately. She was our ally for much of the previous wars, but her connections to Blossom and Bubbles will force her to be our enemy. If they won’t stop we can use her as a hostage.”

“Assuming of course we can take her as one.” --- “You have more power here than anyone, Buttercup and Him. I want you to hold them off as long as possible, I will try to throttle the firing mechanism as fast as possible, but even then it will take a few minutes.” He says once again looking through the window.

They are coming...

Only a few miles from ‘The Hangar’ the three girls recap their plan. Starting with Blossom.

“Okay, once more from the top, you there general?” --- “Yes, Miss Blossom.” --- “Good.”

“First, we near The Hangar, if we encounter no resistance, the war machine will begin its outer assault on the cannon itself, while Barasia Bubbles and I head in to deal with Dexter and Buttercup. If something does indeed give us resistance, Barasia and Bubbles will stay out with the war Machine to defend it and help in combat.”

Barasia nods and starts talking about her role: “When all threats are neutralized Bubbles and I will work on blowing out the coolant nodes on the lower side of The Hangar, forcing an overheat and neutralizing the potential of the entire cannon. During this time, the war machine will destroy what is left of the cannon, and then blow The Hangar out of the sky once we have the Chemical under control. Any questions?”

A short pause before Blossom and Barasia nod. “Then let’s do it...” --- “Forward!” The man in the intercom lets out, as a very large machine zooms past them, toward The Hangar!

For the first few seconds, everything seems fine, before a red light blinds them! As the light dims, all can see Buttercup stands between then and The Hangar!

She floats there, as the girls and war machine stop.

“Don’t do this Blossom... don’t make me hurt you...” --- “Get out of the way Buttercup, we have a world to save!” Bubbles snaps back with, not waiting for Blossom to respond!

Buttercup shakes her head, gritting her teeth and baring her fangs. “I can’t let you go forward! Humanity is doomed, don’t you fucking get it yet?!” --- “We have fought back from worse!” Bubbles retaliates!

“This is the single most devastating thing to ever blight this planet! If we don’t get rid of it now, ALL of us, you, all of humanity and even the entire world will crumble! I WON’T LET THAT HAPPEN!”

“Then defend yourself, we are here as heroes, and we don’t intend to back off!” Blossom yells as she rushes for the air-lock, attempting to break in.

“RHAAAAAGH!!!” Buttercup yells as her being is enveloped in divine fire, blowing Blossom back and halting the others!

As the fire dissipates, only a demonic mirror image of Buttercup remains. With large wings, and a body roughly ten times the size as normal, she extends her palms to the group!

“THE END IS NOW!”

The war machine rushes for Buttercup and is held back easily, as Barasia flies backwards, only to have bony constructs fly out of Buttercup’s form and pierce her left arm!

As she increases her grip on the machine, it begins to overheat and pop steam vents! Bubbles flies overhead and lets off an ear piercing scream that causes Buttercup to wince! She flaps her wings as flames engulf Bubbles and she flies back, but not without pulling the machine out of her grasp!

Barasia opens her arms to reveal large cannons that she uses to fire into Buttercup’s heart! As the battle persists, Barasia notices that Buttercup is not regenerating.

Out of ammo, she tries a frontal assault and is captured, but is batted out of her hands by Bubbles! “Thanks, Bubbles!” She says as she flies away to find another vantage point. The machine once again fires at Buttercup, and she once again holds it off, but this time Bubbles is on the offensive!

She begins to charge a blue ray, but a tentacle explodes out of Buttercup’s side and grasps Bubbles one remaining arm! “Argh!” She exclaims as she attempts to break free, but without and leverage from what would be her remaining arm, she merely flails around!

“RAH!” She continuously roars at Buttercup, to no real avail as she begins to crush the war machine!

“I FOUGHT BACK MALIGNANCY, WHAT HOPE DOES YOUR LITTLE TOY HAVE?!” Buttercup’s echoing demonic voice bellows out, shaking even The Hangar!

Off the side of the battle, a red light is seen sneaking into a hatch...

Now inside The Hangar, Blossom flies through maze-like corridors to find a large blast door. Knowing Dexter is on the other side; she slowly begins to pry it open.

She walks in and views the man himself, standing over a beeping console.

“I really had hoped you would have seen things my way, Blossom.” --- “Yeah well, we both find out things about each other we never knew about when the cards are laid out.”

He rises from the console and views Blossom. He views his Chronometal, and Hers, and begins to laugh a small bit. “What’s so funny?” Blossom asks.

He shakes his head. “Look at all of this...” He says as he looks out the window. “Is this what either of us wanted?” --- “No... I just want a world where we can all live in peace... I never thought that would mean fighting you...” --- “It didn’t have to be... a world of peace awaits the day after tonight!”

Blossom retains a battle ready position. “Once I break your Chronometal and stick you in a cell, we will indeed know a peaceful tomorrow.” --- “HOW?! How can you say that? Model M will become unstoppable tomorrow!”

She shakes her head. “This will not be the way to bring peace to the world! I will stop you here and now!”

Dexter looks down, disappointed as his hands clench. “Brainwashed by your sister I see... very well. But I warn you, I do not intend to fail this night!” He yells as he slams a red button which causes the cannon to begin spinning up!

“Let’s end this excuse of a debate!”

Soon...
Last edited by Birdofterror on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Bird oft Error

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:12 am

Story Recap 3

The Chronometal Timeline is as follows. This is story 2: The Panic; In the pink. Which takes place after the events in 'The Chronometal Wars', which Included The Prologue, the First War, and the Second War; In the orange. Later into the story, the Barasian war; In the purple is also added into The Panic.

===Earliest===
PPGD
(1-7 year gap)
Prologue
First War
Second War

The Panic
(5-10 year gap)
The Black War
Ruination War
(1000-5000 year gap)
Barasian War
(10 year gap)
Ancient War
(7 year gap)
Justice War
===Latest===

The Chronometal Panic takes place in 3 Major tangents:

1: Dexter's Tangent.
2: Model M's Tangent.
3: Bubbles' Tangent.

These tangents tie into the main story, but are branching out and do not affect each other. They have very different core elements, however the layout remains the same. Updates will update a full chapter for each Tangent, then cross into the others. There is also a side story that belongs to none of the tangents, and takes place in the Future, this is called:

The Barasian War. Taking place roughly 5000 years into the future and does not affect any of the stories. However it does in fact take place in ONE of their futures. The other two are simply for fun and story wholeness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two chapters belong to all of the Tangents:

Chapter 1: Shared Pain
   The heroes fight in South America against an invasion of a new breed of Model M androids. They learn that the androids are being powered by human hosts, and should either the host or symbiote die, the other does as well. Humanity turns its back on them all as they come under attack! Then, a new Chemical is unveiled... one that can destroy all of humanity!   

Chapter 2: The Unstoppable Force
   Dexter leaves the group to pursue nothing less than the complete annihilation of all Humans, including himself using a Chemical along with unknown practices. Buttercup tears from the group as well and joins him, leaving Blossom and Bubbles in the dirt. Emotions course as a decision is finally made...   

(Blossom accepts Dexter's philosophy and follows him on his quest to administer the chemical with the intention of destroying all of Humanity, thus saving the rest of the world from Model M.)

Chapter 3: The Ends, the Means... Dexter
   Blossom sides with Dexter, and discovers how he will enact the elimination of man-kind. The Hangar. The lab they were in comes under fire as Dexter realizes there is little time to waste, and they attempt to put their methods into action. The government already knows all of their plans due to planting a tracking device on Blossom's person.   

Dexter and Blossom leave the destroyed lab and meet up with Barasia and form a very rickety alliance with her as they all leave for Area 52 in an attempt to destroy the Prototype war Machine. They are intercepted by Bubbles, who against all odds provides more than ample resistance for the group and nearly lands a killing blow on Dexter, were it not for Barasia's saving grace. The war machine fires for The Hangar as Blossom, Barasia, Dexter and even the professor access an experimental rocket to quickly board The Hangar. With barely any time left, they prepare for their final Battle.   

Tangent 2: Model M's Return
(Blossom rejects the idea of all out extermination of humanity, but she tolerates Dexter's actions to a fault in order to hunt down and destroy Model M by any OTHER means.)

Chapter 3: Darkest Before The Dawn
   Blossom, Bubbles and the Professor re-activate one of his Chronometal Scanners to fully envision all of the South Pole Model M. Blossom and Bubbles head to a nearby military base to convince them to stop demonizing them, with outstanding success; they help them against another Military sting in the future. The Professor notices something odd in the scanner before Blossom Overloads it.   

Having barely survived the overload, Blossom wakes in her bed to realize Dexter had saved her life. They all learn of a new Model M behind the Moon, and Dexter as well as Buttercup put their elimination of humanity on hold. They learn of a remaining cannon in the Colorado mountains and begin their travels there after discovering the Lunar Model M has begun moving toward Earth. Barasia claims Ark Beta and Him returns to a strange area in the center of the world to commune with a mysterious metallic being. Barasia learns that she may have to somehow turn herself into a Chronometal.   

(Blossom's inner zeal bursts out as she fights to stop Dexter from his quest to kill all humans. Be it through coercion or force, they cannot know for certain. But he MUST be stopped.)

Blossom and Bubbles make it abundantly clear that Dexter's actions cannot be tolerated in any light, and the Professor agrees, and turns himself into the military- but not before leaking the location of Dexter's location to the government. Using files the Professor left behind, Blossom and Bubbles track down the lab, and use it to get to the moon. However, Blossom is too late, and Bubbles goes to the moon alone to fight Buttercup. Blossom crashes in Megaville and reunites not only with Ruby, but Barasia as well!   

Now reunited with both Barasia and Bubbles, Blossom sets her sights on the military base in an attempt to get Humanity on their side. Using the looming threat of Dexter's plan as leverage, they get what they came for and the Prototype War Machine is launched against the hanger with the 'Neo Powerpuff Girls' in escort. The battle begins as Buttercup retains her powerful Demon form to nearly destroy the War Machine. Blossom and Dexter ready themselves for a battle neither of them wished for, and neither of them can afford to lose.   

The Barasian War.
(5000 years in the future, the world is under siege by a familiar, yet at the same time, unknown force. All of those alive heave and quake at the mere mention of the Barasian.)

Chapter 1: The Black Eyes See All
   Androids of familiar descent wake up in an unknown location in western America, they have certain memories implanted but nothing substantial and they all seek answers as to why they exist. They were led to believe that all of Humanity was destroyed, yet some remain in a village that they eventually ransack. Through-out the Battle they come into contact with Blossom, one who is supposedly of divine lineage. Blossom returns to the capital to warn the king of the Androids.   

Three reads up on the history of what is left of humanity, and in doing so learns that Blossom may 'in fact' be of holy or divine descent. The remaining androids quarrel with each other over how to deal with the humans, before it is decided that eradication is the true way. Blossom warns King Leon of the 'demons' and afterwords drowns her sorrows in a bar, only to be ambushed by the androids and forced out into a destroyed hovel. Her lifelong friend Luca is killed, and if it wasn't for the timely arrival of a mysterious metal being, both Blossom and her daughter would have been killed.   

Alternate Endings.
(Endings that have little or nothing to do with any of the three tangents. Stand-alone beginnings and ends that have no chapters, and serve only to tie up loose ends, make the story more whole and shed light on subjects that didn't get their deserved spot-lite.)

Alternate Ending 1: Humanity, by Humanity, for Humanity.
Takes place in Chapter 2, part 2.
   Before Dexter leaves, Blossom provides a plan that would require them to forgo any involvement in the Chronometal Affair in exchange for safety and stability. All goes well for a few days, until startling news is heard and the world comes under siege like it never has before. Blossom and Him talk about why Him is helping Buttercup, and come to the conclusion that no matter what happens; Buttercup will know only despair in the end. Humanity is forced into the north pole as Blossom shortly re-unites with Barasia, only to go into one final battle against Model M, resulting in the death of all remaining heroes. The world is lost as Buttercup and Him are the only survivors to continue a pointless fight over a soon to be lifeless planet.   

Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Literature