RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Maybe she thinks of different gangs without the official gang and Scoobydoo. Whatever, it would kind of make a silly RP. I really want my mod powers back to stop her from talking. .-.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Actually, what I was thinking was there would be the original gang with a couple OCs and every1 else could be from different mysteries, I already thought of quite a few.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Villain » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Amaranthine Ali wrote:Maybe she thinks of different gangs without the official gang and Scoobydoo. Whatever, it would kind of make a silly RP. I really want my mod powers back to stop her from talking. .-.

Bloods? Crips? Wutang? Maybe throw Hong Kong Phooey in there to.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Timer » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

why not throw in Top Cat and yogi bear while you there...

Playing the gang wouldn't work, and playing without them wouldn't work ether...
Give up on it Belwicket... give an idea some real thought and maybe come back later.

Postby Archrival » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:19 pm

But if someone did like a steampunk investigation inc. with REAL monsters and stuff like Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness that'd be cool.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:00 am

Why wouldn't it work?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Dorian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Just stop please. Do something more productive with your time, because you're wasting it here. Read a book. Take a walk. Play a game. I don't care.

It's just getting real old having to explain to you each time why your stuff won't work. It should be obvious by now.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:35 pm

So we've moved on from just looking on here for ideas to actively trying to shoot people down?
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Villain » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Not actively, reactively. It's because she's done so many bad ideas and other problems that it's just a given that it'll be a bad idea, and for the same reasons over and over again.
For the king, For the king, For the sake of Skyrim. For the Nine, for the hope of High Hrothgar's pass, and for all of Sovngarde; Where the souls sing your song. For the king, For our King, who will guard Hrothgar! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin, wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin norok paal graan, fod nust hon zindro zaan, Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!

Postby Timer » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:51 pm

Hasegawa Rayven wrote:So we've moved on from just looking on here for ideas to actively trying to shoot people down?

I didn't say she should stop... just that she should drop that idea and try something else.

You have to agree that it wouldn't work? or at least wouldn't work well enough to last more than a couple of pages.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:24 pm

Timer wrote:I didn't say she should stop... just that she should drop that idea and try something else.

You have to agree that it wouldn't work? or at least wouldn't work well enough to last more than a couple of pages.

I don't have a problem so far with what you and Villain have said.

Dorian wrote:Just stop please. Do something more productive with your time, because you're wasting it here. Read a book. Take a walk. Play a game. I don't care.

It's just getting real old having to explain to you each time why your stuff won't work. It should be obvious by now.

It's THIS hurtful shit that's Getting on my nerves.

There's no call for this shit. I can understand it when it's an obvious troll, or those of us that know when we are messing with each other.

But basically telling someone, "Don't play here, You're not wanted."? WTF guys?

Belwicket wrote:I have a few ideas. Anyone willing to do a Scooby Doo RP?

On Your side Belwicket, That's less of an Idea and more a general, "Hey guys, lets do this!"

If you want to suggest something, First you need to work out if it would be something that would work in this threads RPing style. (By comparing it to previously running and/or currently running threads.)

Then you need to come up with a premise, and a general idea of how the game will work and put that into a Description and Story. If you need examples of how to do this, Go back through the pages on this very Idea thread and look at the ideas that eventually got voted in and started. Make your game proposal look like theirs.

It won't be an exact fit, since not every game is exactly the same, but most of the Ideas that make it are similar, (IE: Description, Story so far, Example of a character sheet for applying, etc.)
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Dorian » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm

You were gone for months and conveniently missed the period where everything she said grated on everyone's nerves with impressive consistency.

Nothing I'm saying is with intent to troll or mess around. I'm being entirely serious when I tell her to do something else with her time. She has ruined any chance she had of ever starting an RP here.

Frankly I don't even know why she wants to so bad. This place is pretty dead and even the active RPs move at a snail pace.

It's nice of you to try to play the good guy, but there's no point. Stop acting like I'm doing this with the sole intent of being a bully, because that's not the case.
Never asked for this
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 pm

Hasegawa Rayven wrote:
Belwicket wrote:I have a few ideas. Anyone willing to do a Scooby Doo RP?

On Your side Belwicket, That's less of an Idea and more a general, "Hey guys, lets do this!"

If you want to suggest something, First you need to work out if it would be something that would work in this threads RPing style. (By comparing it to previously running and/or currently running threads.)

Then you need to come up with a premise, and a general idea of how the game will work and put that into a Description and Story. If you need examples of how to do this, Go back through the pages on this very Idea thread and look at the ideas that eventually got voted in and started. Make your game proposal look like theirs.

It won't be an exact fit, since not every game is exactly the same, but most of the Ideas that make it are similar, (IE: Description, Story so far, Example of a character sheet for applying, etc.)

Actually, what I was trying to do is see if anyone likes it before I waste time typing out a whole bunch of info on an RP that won't get voted in. That and the fact I know I won't get voted in any time soon.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Khanman » Sat May 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Hello, fellow members of Snafu. I realize I am still relatively new here, and have joined only one game so far. Thus, I can understand why you may not be interested in giving me your attention, much less your votes. I just thought this would be a decent time to propose an idea, since no others have taken off recently, and I just started my summer break. Also, I swear this was not inspired by the Scooby-Doo pitch. I was toying with the idea previously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Envy

“Envy aims very high.” –Ovid

Short version: A group of random people from various walks of life are invited to a Halloween party by an eccentric billionaire. The host has promised to grant each guest a wish, either through his money or influence, if they manage to stay in a supposedly haunted house for one night. Unbeknownst to most of these guests, at least one murderer walks in their midst. Ooooooohhh, spooky.

Purpose: This game is an attempt to reemphasize the “Game” part of RPG. Rather than simply giving a setting for a few characters to bump around in until the players get bored, Envy has been planned with a short time frame in mind (one in-game night), and a definite win condition (if you survive, you win). Envy is also different in the number of rules I would like to employ. Since the main competition should be between players, and not the players against the GM, these rules are intended to maintain an equal playing field. It is my belief that the rules will make the overall experience more enjoyable, but they are open to some discussion if a significant number of potential players are dissuaded by them. Finally, I intend to maintain a level of mystery concerning some points of this game. This secrecy could easily be misinterpreted as a lack of planning. Hopefully the amount of information I provide here will suggest otherwise.

Setting

Location: Broadly, this will take place in a world closely resembling present-day Earth. Most geographical and historical information still applies. However, I would like to refrain from using real people, companies, and brands that currently, or up until recently, exist/existed. Substitutes will be used for important cultural icons. For example, World War Two still would have taken place, but McDonald's would be replaced by another massive, imaginary fast-food chain, like Burger Zone or Patty's or some other stupid thing. These don't have to be all that serious, and should only come up in conversations, so I'll leave it up to players to come up with these replacements whenever they need to mention one in conversation. However, once a substitute person or company is established, it continues to exist for the rest of the game.

The game will take place entirely within the grounds of a historical (fictional) property known as Thorpe Manor. It is a mansion built on North Fox Island, in Lake Michigan. There are usually no ferries that go back and forth to the island, but your host has made arrangements for your transportation. I (will) have a map of Thorpe Manor planned out, including plans for the functions of each room and the locations of various objects within said rooms. However, since no player character will have been in the mansion previously, you will only be provided with details from the sections of the map that your character discovers in-game.

Host: Peter Voland tries to avoid public scrutiny, though it's difficult for a billionaire. He manages it by being boring and reclusive most of the time. However, the man has had his streaks of strange behavior, primarily handing out large sums of money publicly in exchange for the completion of arbitrary tasks. This is the first Halloween party he has held, as far as any of the guests know. Peter is 38, relatively young for his wealth. Most of Voland's fortune is derived from the founding and control of SupraMorph Corporation, which specializes in genetically-engineering fungi or something. Varying levels of additional information will be provided for each player based on how closely his or her character follows current events, scientific publications, and/or business news.

Rules

The primary functions of the GM will be monitoring rule compliance and establishing atmosphere. To remain unbiased, the GM will control relatively few characters, and will not try to win. If I do, and nobody else does, at least one of us has done something wrong.

Players: Envy should have a minimum of four players. I would rather not accept votes from people simply wishing to observe. They won't get to see all that much, anyway, since I would like to use PMs heavily. I won't set a maximum number of players. The saying goes “the more, the merrier,” plus I don't think I'm popular enough that I will get too many applications to handle. That said, there will be a cut-off date for entry, the date we start the game at the latest. Once we begin, there just won't be any opportunities to introduce new characters.

Secrecy: As mentioned before, I want the players to be in the dark somewhat. There are two reasons for this. First, it is more fair. If everyone is omniscient, even if their characters aren't, they have an incentive, a temptation, to move their characters in the direction that conveniently happens to be the most favorable to their ends. These optimal actions can be often made with some sort of in-character justification, but they can make a game too much a cut-and-dry strategy competition. Second, I think it will be more fun. It's a new experience, at least for me, and it generates suspense.

Therefore, there will be two basic ways to classify actions: public actions and private actions. Public actions will only occur when all characters are in one area, and will be posted in an IC thread. The majority of actions, though, will be private, meaning they have some audience smaller than the total number of (living) characters. All private actions should be sent to the GM, not anyone else, via PM. Characters will only be alerted of others' private actions if they can perceive them, and then only to a limited extent. For example, if a character is a room over from two others, he might hear them having a conversation, but not the words they're saying. He can react by moving closer and trying to eavesdrop if he chooses, but if the others catch him sneaking up, they might stop talking, if the subject is delicate.

As the example above suggests, private actions can either be considered private due to characters simply being far apart (unintentional), or because a character actually don't want to be noticed (intentional). If you want to attempt a stealthy maneuver or whisper something to a confidant with potential witnesses around, mention the target audience in your PM to me.

Collusion: Cooperation amongst characters is expected. However, out-of-character cooperation, such as sharing secret information and carrying out complex strategies that have not been agreed upon in-game, is frowned upon. It would be difficult for me to identify violations of this rule, and I would have only limited available recourse, but the cheapening of your potential victory should be deterrent enough. Also, it may be within the interest of other players to lie to you.

Killers: I refuse to discuss the nature, number, and/or selection process of the antagonists of this game publicly, until the game ends. Player speculation is welcome, though.

Characters

Character Sheet: Initially, most of this information will not be public. I might want you to divulge one or two of the fields, just so players know how to describe your character's physical appearance, but most of the details below will not be readily apparent to everyone. If they are revealed through public actions or conversations, they should be added to your public profile.

A Note: Making your character a statistical anomaly or an extreme does not automatically make them interesting.

Name: The person’s actual name, including any nicknames or titles.

Sexuality: I would be surprised if any characters managed to get freaky in the short amount of time, but it may become relevant in other, less graphic interactions.

Age: Not too young, not too old. Please include birthday. For reference, Envy will begin October 31, 2014, at 8:00 PM, in-game time.

Birthplace: I would like the characters to have spent at least a couple recent years in the United States, but you can be from almost anywhere in the world.

Appearance: Height, weight, body stuff. Include things like common tics or expressions.

Costume: Your character was invited to a Halloween party of moderate class. Costumes could be as simple as a suit/dress with a mask, or a little more elaborate.

Stats: See Stats Section for below more information.

Other Skills: Anything your character is specifically proficient in. Include a small explanation of how adept they are at each skill. I do not expect a single character to be an expert in a large number of non-correlated tasks. A couple is reasonable, but we don’t need a hang-gliding, kung fu hacker, who also happens to be an Olympian and a doctor.

Degree of Fame: Should be number between 0 (anonymous) and 10 (Oprah- or Jesus-level celebrity). A person that is famous will have more of their information made public initially. If your character is considerably famous, explain why.

Political Affiliation: This should be a simple description (conservative, liberal, etc.) and a number (0 through 10). The number represents how intensely the character holds these convictions. A person with a 0 wouldn't care at all about politics, and a 10 would be a fanatic. I don't expect big political debates between characters, but it is something you should consider for fleshing your character out.

Religious Affiliation: Again, I don't expect this type of aspect to be the focus of your character, but it could potentially add depth. A minimum of one word (Christian, atheist, etc.) and a value (0 still means you don't care, 10 still means you are a fanatic).

Personality: Rather than ask for a written description, I would like you to measure your character's personality using the Five Factor Model. For each factor, rate your character on a scale from 0 to 10. A 0 will represent an extreme on the left side of the “vs.” and a 10 will represent an extreme on the right.
Here is a link to the Wikipedia article, which should be sufficient
Openness to Experience: consistent/cautious vs. inventive/curious
Conscientiousness: easy-going/careless vs. efficient/organized
Extraversion: solitary/reserved vs. outgoing/energetic
Agreeableness: cold/unkind vs. friendly/compassionate
Neuroticism: secure/confident vs. sensitive/nervous

Preferences: Likes and obsessions, dislikes and fears. Note that there are some really obvious things that most people like or dislike, so telling me that your character hates genocide is dumb.

Wish(es): Somewhat similar to ambitions or goals. Your character was invited to this event under the pretense that he/she could have a wish granted to you by a wealthy, influential man. What might your character be planning on wishing for? Also, it is important that your character has at least a vague desire in mind, because they would not attend without any motivation.

Background: I don't really need a childhood history, unless you think it would be important in shaping your character. Touch on key points that would impact what the person says or does.

Job(s): Current or most recent employment.

Relationships: Not just romances. Not everyone is a lone wolf. Briefly mention close family, friends, perhaps a significant pet. We will meet none of the people in this section, unless you collaborate with another player so that your characters know each other beforehand.

Notes: Anything you wanted to add, but didn’t fit into one of the other categories.

Interest in Being a Killer: This is not the interest of the character, but of the player. If you would like to be the, or one of the, killer(s) in the game, put something like “Interested” or “Yes.” I may take this into consideration, or I may ignore it.

Stats Section

You may distribute a total of 35 points per character in the attributes listed below. Values between 1 and 10 may be assigned, though more extreme values seem less likely. The values will then be used to determine your success in actions and challenges that require the use of those attributes. A simple example would be pushing a heavy object, which would only require Strength. A more complex example would be firing a gun, which would take Agility to handle properly and Perception to aim.

Make sure that your distribution makes sense for your background and appearance. Is an Olympian runner going to be slow? Is a detective going to be blind? If you answered both of these questions with “no,” then congratulations. You probably have a couple points in Intelligence. By extension, and if this was not clear already, zeroes are not allowed, as they are ridiculous. If you had a zero in Intelligence, you'd be brain-dead. If you had a zero in Agility, you'd be a flailing mass of limbs on the ground.

Strength: How much force you can apply to objects. If you're going to be lifting, pushing, pulling, jumping, or hitting, you're going to need Strength.

Endurance: How long you can sustain a challenging activity without rest, whether it be physical or mental. Whether it's jogging, standing completely still, resisting the effects of a drug, or listening to an annoying person speak, there's some toughness and willpower involved.

Speed: How quickly you can get to a given location, or get away from it. A character's top speed, regular walking speed, and perhaps even arm-swinging speed (for swimming?) would be based in this attribute. Pretty basic, but if you're planning on doing a lot of walking, it could come in handy.

Agility: How potent your balance, hand-eye coordination, and reaction time are. Sneaking requires Agility, as would technical skills like lock-picking, playing the piano, and handwriting.

Perception: How easily you notice sights, sounds, etc. The more points in Perception you have, the more easily little details will stick out for you, perhaps seem out of place. Noticing the right thing in the nick of time might just save your life. Sight, smell, hearing, touch, taste, and perhaps even ESP (admittedly a long-shot) would be based in Perception.

Intelligence: How much information you can mentally store, and already have, concerning a wide range of topics. Intelligence would include knowing facts concerning any number of fields of study, photographic memory, and/or critical thinking skills. I'd say “Knowledge is power,” but that's something a nerd would say. Nerd.

Personality: How generally likeable you are, and how easy it is for you to debate, persuade, and flat-out lie. You might not be the strongest person in the room, but with enough Personality you can convince the strong-man (or strong-woman, I'm not one to judge) to do your bidding. Of course, he (she) might be just as charismatic, or could figure out what you're up to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I've got for now. Of course I'm willing to answer questions about it, and I'm looking forward to some constructive feedback.

Postby icbmalaria » Sun May 06, 2012 2:28 am

I'd like to be a part of it. +1 for Khan

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Sun May 06, 2012 3:06 am

Manakin 2313
In the year 2215, after a major power crisis ravaged the world, a new source of power was found, by delving back into the old ways, Magic, was rediscovered. Magic became a near endless supply of power. The two scientists who discovered the method behind creating Magic, were Cecil Laughton, age 29, and a man who’s name has been lost to history, he is only known as The Designer. After The Designer and his partner laid down the ground rules for Magic, they used the Magic to create an Elixir of Life. What happened to Cecil afterwards is unknown, but The Designer still lives, eternally 28.
50 years later the world went to war, and new weapons were needed. The Designer sent out a new kind of weapon, Manakins. These Manakins, false beings, were used by all countries during the war. The war raged on and many casualties were held as the responsibility of The Designer. Some of the countries realized this after 5 months and attempted to kill The Designer with his own weapons, so he couldn’t supply anymore to their enemies. The plan backfired and caused a global travesty.
The Designer had sensed something of the sort would happen long before the war, and created a control Manakin, Virtue. Virtue was able to control the Manakin once in a certain range and made them change allegiance. After her first test of control, Virtue realized that man has always quarreled, and always will. Man also wanted nothing from the Manakin but to use them for war. Therefore, she then created an army, gathering all Manakin she could find. She would give man the war they wanted, the bloody war, The Movement, then began.
A war that lasted 40 years, casualties bloomed left and right. Mankind was in danger of extinction, as Virtue showed the true power she possessed when she sunk Japan and incinerated Australia using extreme magic. After this destruction, all of the Human forces banded together for one final attack upon Virtue. In the end Virtue was defeated by a barrage of old world missiles, leaving behind an aftermath comparable to 5 Atom Bombs. No trace was found of Virtue and the world was in shambles from the war and allowed the small country of Delsamine to take over.
Delsamine offered the people a spiritual shelter in return for rule. Many people welcomed the Delsamine legion, it seemed Theocracy was the new rule. Many people found left over Manakin from the war, but the Manakin acted as if nothing had happened, and many began obtaining their own wills, and personalities. This was all part of The Designers doing.
No one knows what happened to The Designer as he disappeared into history, but some say that he is still out there, plotting something big. Maybe even the true Armageddon. Others believe he has resigned himself to a fate of loneliness and left himself to die. Though some say he still sits in his lab, far in the western deserts of America, working on more Manakin, and reviving his masterpiece Virtue.
Now in 2313, the Theocracy of Delsamine is experiencing a separation in their church, and fear another war. All because of a so called, New Savior. If this doesn’t stop, the entire world could be destroyed. But how does everyone else live during these times, what do the Manakin think of being used for another war? One Manakin, Burst Spirit, as he has called himself, is in search of answers. He has memories before being created, but doesn’t know what they are. He has also heard a voice, telling him to “Stop the advance of the raven upon the denizens of a Religious war.”, but what does this mean and why have others, Human and Manakin alike, had similar dreams recently?

Terminology:

Magic: Magic can be split into three subgroups, each with their own set of rules; Enchanting, Alchemy, and Purifying.

Enchanting: The art of taking an object and infusing it with certain properties, this can be used to make money that can burn a person who steals it, a wooden door that can withstand a small bomb, a necklace that puts someone to sleep. These and more are used to make lives slightly easier. The rules upon Enchanting, which are now heavily enforced by the Delsamine law enforcement, are as follows. 1) The enchanted item cannot be a living or thinking being. 2) Enchanting thoughts or minds into an inanimate object is forbidden. 3) Enchantment cannot be used to perform bodily harm upon another, the exception being a high ranking guard who uses something like a trap door, or an item to keep thieves from stealing valuables. 4) The enchanted item in question may not surpass the size of a 2 axel car.

Alchemy: The art of equal transmutation, taking one item and turning it into another. This rule of Alchemy has actually caused a loop hole within rules of enchanting as well. Alchemy can be used for a variety of things such as repair. Alchemy is also combined with Enchanting to allow practitioners of Alchemy to have a servant known as a Golem. These Golems can be given personalities, but not a consciousness, meaning they can act how you program them, but cannot act on their own. When a Golem loses its master it goes into what is called a standby mode, carrying out the last order given to it by its master again and again until it deteriorates. For this problem, Golem busters are sent to deactivate a Masterless Golem and reassign them to another Master who can reprogram them. The rules for Alchemy are 1) The use of Alchemy in search of the Elixir of Life is strictly forbidden. 2) The use of Alchemy to obtain Gold or counterfeit money is forbidden. 3) The use of Alchemy upon a Living human (Including yourself) is strictly forbidden. 4) The use of Alchemy without a circle is forbidden for your own safety. 5) Alchemy in reverse is forbidden, unless used by Authorities upon special request. 6) The use of Alchemy to create a being with a consciousness is Forbidden and punishable by death. (Take note that a personality is not the same as a consiousness.)

Purifying: Despite its name, Purifying is the art of using any of the 12 Elements to unleash punishment, protect another, or, in some cases, travel quickly. The 12 elements are fire, ice, wind, earth, water, electricity, wood, metal, light, darkness, gravity, and time. The rules for Purifying are as follows: 1) The use of Purifying is limited to the 5 rings taught within any magic school, limiting the destructive power of ones own magic. 2) The use of Purifying magic is restricted to Law enforcement, Armed forces, or Registered users, such as bounty hunters and bodyguards. 3) The use of purifying upon anyone not in self defense is punishable by an equal treatment upon oneself.

Manakin: A race of artificial beings created by The Designer by breaking the rules he wrote forth himself. By using a combination of Alchemy and Enchanting he created beings that look however he wanted and they could be used for anything. The only true difference between them and a Human is the black chemicals coursing through their veins. Of course some were designed to look nothing like a human. They all possess an unreal amount of strength and memory, some have an unrivaled intellect. Many were designed by The Designer as cruel jokes relating back to 21st century pop cultures and mythical creatures of before that. He of course is not the only person to have broken the rules, he is simply the most well known one for doing so. Also most Manakin do not age and if they do they usually stop in 5 years, reaching Maturity then.

Hybrid: Some accounts of a female Manakin and a male human falling in love and having children have been heard of, and in vice versa.
Air Pirate: Airship pirates that raid as they want, they don’t let the Theocracy tell them no, but they are hunted by them.

Golems: Most golems differ from person to person, most about them were described above in Alchemy. They can also be used to protect their masters and fight with them, if given a consciousness they would be considered a Manakin. A golem can be infused with an enchantment so they can heal a wound, create a fire, or utilize the enchantment while defending their master.

The 5 rings: are a set of rules that state that Purifying is limited to small bursts, no larger than a basketball in size for something like a fireball, to minimize environmental damage. Should one go past the 5 rings, they would find much more destructive spells, and a spell that turns magic energy into Manakin that can be kept within their maker.

CS:
Name: (What you go by)
Type: (Human, Manakin, rare Hybrid)
User: (Are you best with Purifying, Alchemy, or Enchanting)
Job: (Law Enforcement, Guard, Mage, Alchemist, Bounty hunter, Air pirate, etc.)
Weapon: (Everyone needs a weapon this day and age, from enchanted books, to giant anchors, to huge swords and back. If alchemist user, please say name of your golem if you so choose, and a brief description of them and their powers.)
Personality: (How you act around others.)
Affiliation: (Who are you aligned with)
History: (What your life was like, how things have gotten the way they are, and what your reaction was to the dreams)

Any other questions please ask or PM me.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon May 07, 2012 9:13 pm

+1 for the conman

Postby Belwicket » Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am

+1 to Khan and Brad each.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Bolts » Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 pm

+1 to Khannykins

Postby Khanman » Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 pm

I don't know who this Khannykins is, but I'm taking his vote. That means I've got four! Expect a new thread.

Postby Villain » Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Throwing an additional, useless vote in for Khan. Because I can.

Postby Sythe » Fri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm

A Game In Shadows

Slashing, sleeting, soaking, seeping.

The dark cave cast by a buzzing hoverlight over a quiet overpass splits open, the crack and spit of a lighter in a moment, illuminating the moving spaces between droplets.

A drawn breath.

The moment passes, the glow between drops winks out, leaving a fitful, ruddy red dot and the stink of burnt ozone as its only remainders.

Pursed lips, a thin stream of gunmetal smoke escaping, two eyes open, two iridesant blue dots joining their red cousin. The high tech cousins in from the city, the dark lines of tiny circuits crossing their round bodies. Angling down, they flowed with gallons of water, rushing over sidewalks and down along drains, splashing and gurgling. Lips curled, an annoyed tsk, another draw.

The red cousin swells, ruddy light showing a sharp jaw wreathed in stubble before fading back to dark once more.

A rustle in the dark, a thin, black leather dress shoe stepping into the yellow hoverlight glow, bringing with it a black, red pinstriped pant leg, fat droplets hitting shiny leather with a pat. Blue dots come close to the very edge of the light, but hold there, an ear cocked.

A scream, distorted by buildings but not so far off to his left, and a faint, vibratory rumble, close, to his right.

Then nothing.

An absolute nothing, pregnant with an unnatural lack of anything at all, a dead calm in even a quiet corner such as this. Eventually this nothing changed, coalessed in the mind into a low humming that slowly grew louder before dissapearing with a strange sensation. Like a pop in the brain but without any noise, all the sounds of the night came rushing back in. The growing rumble of the tram, sirens far off, animals calling, and two feet, hurrying in the new sounds of the powered down Grossman-Field Dampener.

Hard leather clacking on pavement, close, above, passing onto the overpass.

A rustle of cloth, a dark, thin figure stepping out into the light, a leather bound hand pressing something in it's palm.

With the rushing and cracking of magplates sliding, the tram rushed overhead on steel struts, its burly noise drowing out any noise that three microthermal bombs could make.

Both hoverlights crashed to the ground first, seconds before the overpass crumbled. As chunks of plasticrete hit the pavement below, a dark figure came down with them, ungainly but with enough poise to land on its feet. Before it could right itself, two irridesant blue dots glowed into life a foot away.

A rustle of cloth, a small, sharp intake of breath.

The slump of a dead weight.

Sirens in the distance, growing closer.

Thin leather shoes, clacking off into the distance, gunmetal smoke in the air behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noir-ish Cyberpunk game of assassins and spies. Anybody interested?

In a time when the golden glow of cities covers more than the majority of not only earth but the moon and mars, when humanity sits in what it believes to be its new golden age, an age where technology and science can get anyone almost anything, with enough cash, conventional war has no place.

Ruled by one body, the United Council of Planets, what struggles humanity sees now are the small ones, the gang wars, the drug busts, the petty crime lords.

But the largest struggle, the one humanity generally does not see, is what the players generally refer to as the shadow game. All the major corporations, of which there are many, as well as radical and major political and religious groups, powerful enough gangs and crime lords, as well as a number of independently wealthy individuals have 'representatives' in the game, most working solo on different initiatives, some only gathering information, others specializing entirely in 'wetwork', but most dabbling in both.

As of late however, there have been tremors throughout the players of the shadow game, someone is disrupting the dance. This is not the first time someone has made big enough waves for everyone to notice, but for the first time they are not targeting the players.

They're targeting the representatives.

Someone is killing the killers.

Postby Dual Onoxxus » Sat May 12, 2012 10:13 pm

This is a alternate universe rp based in the world of naruto. With that being said all the rules that govern said universe are still in place. There will be new bloodlines, villages, and jutsus. For information on Naruto go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruto or http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Narutopedia

I've been wanting to make a Naruto based rp for a long time I'm aware that there is currently one still breathing but I'd like to see if mine can survive outside the womb as well. I've put a lot of thought into this so anyway without further ado.

The 11
- Last surviving members of a long since forgotten clan. Fuedal lords quoted the Choboyashi as being a gift to the ninja world. The only ninja clan known to be able to stop the flow of chakra. They were a nomadic clan with no village. They traveled from nation to nation leaving small cells as requested by the fuedal lords of each land. Choboyashi became a household name among the rich and powerful, if you had a ninja protecting you there was usually a Choboyashi among them. This obviously rubbed the rest of the ninja world raw , even those with kekkai genkai were no match for someone who could keep you from using chakra. This caused the ninja world to shift slightly rather than rely so heavily on jutsu. More emphasis was put on the basics of ninja. Stealth, sneaking, trapping, taijutsu, assassination techniques, blending into the enviroment, all the things that had gotten away from ninja. This increased the success rate of all other ninja clans as they strove to make money for their village. The Choboyashi lifestyle remained unfazed by this change, being the most financially fit clan without a village. This began to bother the five great nations. This was made obvious during the second ninja war. Choboyashi ninja found themselves under constant attack by ninjas from each nation. Each land put top priority on the heads of a Choboyashi clan member. Needless to say the Choboyashi struck back in great force as they began to show the might of there clan. Each nation working independently of the other, were incapable of taking on the entire Choboyashi forces. Konoha as well as Suna resolved to form an alliance with the Choboyashi, in which they would be allowed to split their clan amongst the two villages allowing their nomadism to come to an end and a new era with an unstoppable allied front to begin. Konoha and Suna knew that if they could join forces with the Choboyashi, the war would end in their favor. Regardless of their people's true feeling on the union over time they would accept it. Unfortunately this wasn't in the cards for either village. The Choboyashi had grown arrogrant from sitting on top of the ninja world for so long. Having gotten there on their own they resigned to stay on their own and rejected the alliance. This proved to be a critical mistake, as Suna and Konoha simply combined forces to crush the Choboyashi. Although it took a while, the combined efforts of the two villages finally found a strategy to take down the Choboyashi members with ease. They spread the method to every ninja nation big or small, at that point bounty was placed on all Choboyashi ninja known or not. Pulled from their seat of power the Choboyashi were hunted like wild animals until they simply faded out of existence like similar other clans. Or so they thought, just like any clan the Choboyashi had their secrets and secret hideouts to go to in dire situations. During this time as they tried to rejuvenate the clan, small rebellions were held to strike back at those who had defeated them. Such rebellions were quickly quelled. Choboyashi clan members grew bitter with the tree of hatred that grew steadily as timed passed and their numbers dwindled. Even after there were no more Choboyashi uprisings the bounty that was put on the clan so long ago remained in effect. Until only recently when Konoha allowed what they believe to be the last Choboyashi to live amongst them and become a ninja. Sadly, a tree grown on hate has no place for white flowers among it's blood stained roots, rotting trunk, and leaves of fire.

Name:

Villiage:

Personality:

Appearence:

Stats:
Talent vs. Experience: Before you list you’re characters stats you will have to decide if you’re character is either talented or experienced. (this decision does not affect your characters background)

Experienced: Your character starts with 35 stat points. Your character also begins with your choice of either a natural ability or a blood line limit although the power of your characters natural ability/blood line limit will be lesser than those of the talented. Examples of the natural abilities/ blood line limits of the experienced include a level 1 sharingan, enhanced intelligence, enhanced perception and so on.

Talented: Your character will only start with 25 stat points, however the potency of your characters natural ability/ bloodline limit will be more so than the experienced. Examples of the natural abilities/blood line limits afforded to the talented include: Mangekyo sharingan, greatly enhanced intelligence, greatly enhanced perception, so on.

You may only choose one natural ability/blood line limit

0-no skill, 1-3 poor, 4-6 average, 7-10 exceptional, 11-> mastery

(Putting a zero means your character is incapable of performing that skill. For example, putting zero points in chakra control means your character cannot mold chakra. You must put at least 1 point in health /chakra)

Health/Chakra: (Your amount of health, your amount of chakra and your defense.)

Chakra Control (The speed and amount you can mold at one time.)

Taijutsu: (How skillful you punch and kick, dodge and block.)

Ninjutsu: (How proficient your techs are at doing what you want them to do.)

Genjutsu: (The realism, time allotted, as well as defense against illusions.)

Tools/Weapons: (Your level of proficiency, and knowlege. this is to include traps and trap defense.)

Bloodline Limit:

Jutsu/Skills:

Background:
"He who expects nothing shall never be let down."

Dual - Alternate Universe Naruto FanFic

Postby Vegedus » Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 am

There's already a Naruto RP going on right now.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Sun May 13, 2012 7:36 am

Who says there cannot be two? There have been RP's similar to each other in the past and they both got voted in.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing