American Internet Censorship again

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: American Internet Censorship again

Postby Icha » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Everything I seem to find either takes money or has people saying that you shouldn't even bother with it.

There was something I used to use called squid, although all I know for sure is that it is a giant cache thing for browsing the internet faster, with other stuff. I don't quite understand the nature of the other things on it, but do you think that has any bearing on this topic?
One time when I was high, I thought I was in an ambulance dying. Turns out I was just eating sherbert.
-stufflikehearts-

Re: American Internet Censorship again

Postby Rival » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 am

icha_icha_paradise wrote:but do you think that has any bearing on this topic?

I was just trying to make you realize that with peerblock you limit your download speed and gain no real security in return.

Besides, it is related to the topic in the sense that, as Sentios said, people will start using VPNs inscreasingly once the major ISPs start monitoring traffic.

I consider myself a cheapskate, but I'd be willing to pay 5 Euro a month for a VPN, if ISPs in my country pondered a similar stunt.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Previous

Return to Snafu General Discussion