A Metal Abstraction: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: A Metal Abstraction: OOC

Postby Khanman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Burnyourhousedown wrote: Anthony is sort of the exception so this doesn't really apply to him.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:47 pm

I think that's just applying to the 200 dollar cap.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:50 pm

well I meant more that anthony doesn't live with us (to my knowledge) and is fairly well off. He probably is on his own cell phone plan and such rather than the Family's group plan.

Edit: I assumed Anthony had at least a tertiary relationship as a sort of sponsor.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:53 pm

Kk, just getting confirmation.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

it seems that all business in the IC is basically wrapping up, so I'm going to institute something.

If there comes a situation where we're basically just dilly-dallying around at night and no one specifically wants to extend the night for some reason, I'll just cut off that day at posts which are multiples of ten. So currently we have 49 posts and there isn't really going to be much going on (I think) so after the next post (when we hit 50) I'll start on morning of April 26th and will PM you all your current Achievement Points (You earn these on a daily basis).

If anyone has problems with this statute, speak now so we may discuss.

Postby Bolts » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:27 pm

No problems, although I would like to announce that my pimping new PC is almost ready for use.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Yo Burn, I'd like to have add a relationship with Anthony and his maid.

I may make either Maria (the maid) or Sebastian (the butler) a secondary character.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm

go for it. Also, I'm pretty crashed with work until the weekend so I'll try to get a post in but don't wait up.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Name: Maria

Birthday: August 23rd

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Straight, but maybe open to new things.

Hometown: Samhain, Autumn district

Clothes: A plain white T-shirt underneath a cream cardigan. A white scrunchy to tie her hair up with. White slip-on slippers and beige trousers. No socks.
A dark grey thermal jumper over a black t-shirt. A large black Nepali hat. Black gloves. A black long jacket. Neat black work trousers. Long black tights underneath. Dark grey boots.
The classic french maid outfit, by which I mean, the classic anime maid outfit Put together by herself. Long black tights, high black shoes, laced up with thin black lace. Small and neat white frills in areas, but not enough to be tacky. The upper dress is certainly not short, Maria would blush at how short some thing maid outfits are. An inch above the knee is a perfectly respectable length without compromising comfort. All black layers have white frills whilst white layers have thine black frills, each made of thin ornate lace. The inner dress goes up to her shoulders and the corset up to her breasts, helping to diminish their size when pulled tight, with black lace again, instead of emphasising them. What would be the point of that? Of course she added some white frills to a black hairband to keep her hair under control, instead of the white bow thing. Of course there is also a white bow at the back. The dress over all doesn't flush out and get in the way, and has plenty of little pockets to keep things in. Oh yes, proper flat mary janes, instead of those flanderised abominations that should be impossible to walk in without falling over. The choker...she had some misgivings about that but it seemed to be a part of the costume so she added one, but made sure the lace and fabric was weak enough to snap if anyone tried to properly tighten it so it's simply ornamental. She keeps a pair of white gloves also that go up over her elbow but they come on and off depending on what she's doing.

Personality: She's very, very different to Anthony. She's both hard-working and cheerful. A born optimist, one of those people always looking for that ray of sunshine, and if they can't find it, will create it themselves. Also much more loving and sympathetic that she has any right to be, growing up in a big city like Samhain. Not quite as naive as she used to be but that's to be expected really. A dilligent and hard-worker, determined to do a good job and earn her dues.

Relations: There's her family mainly. Her father, and three younger siblings, a brother, a sister and another brother. Her mother died when Maria was ten.
She doesn't really have many friends these days, due to work and lack of oppurtunity.
Sebastian - She quite likes the silver-haired old man and makes sure to pull a smile from that stern and hardened face each day.
Edgar - Makes sure to make a big fuss over him whenever she sees him again, treating him like her own pet, which he nearly is now.
Anthony - Her boss. She doesn't really understand him but he seems nice enough. He doesn't make advances on her or is rude to her but...he doesn't do much else either. It's a little sad really.

Ambitions: Just wants to make enough money to make sure her family will be well looked after, and maybe, if she can, get a proper education one day. Maybe be a vet or something else with animals.

Appearance: http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1042 ... 200dv3.jpg
(What does your character actually physically look like?)

Dislikes: (Some things your character would rather do without)

Fears: (What does your character fear? Note: you will be expected to behave irrationally around your fears, treat them as if your character is actually afraid of them.)

Trinkets: (What objects does your character tend to carry around with them? This is limited by holding space and common sense.)

Money: 10 dollars.

Foraging Skill: 10

Directional Sensibility: 14

Background/Circumstances: (Give your character some background here. Tell us how they got to Samhain, what their family life was like, where they’ve been in life and how it has influenced them.)

Powers: (These will appear later.)

Talents:
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Maria is accepted, I'll be creating a list shortly for NPC's and side-characters, as we'll be meeting some shortly. Characters may move from this list to other lists as the RPG progresses. Also, just for future reference in other people's characters: for an NPC, you needn't include the money, directional sensibility, or foraging stats, as those are all meant entirely for the homeless Beltane Family.

Now then, let's move on with this story.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Question. Is £80 a day a lot for a full time maid service, meals and a room supplied. Considering Anthony's income?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:00 pm

That'd be about right for a maid in Autumn District, though converting that it'd be 127 dollars, which I prefer to use since the RPG is set in the USA (you live in Ireland, right MQuinny? If so, I may need your help for currency in later rpg's in this series).

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Right. I'll make it a round 150 dollars then.

And yep. Although, I live in Northern Ireland so my background is kind of a mash-up. Don't expect too much knowledge on Irish culture if you're thinking of something like that.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:14 pm

well some history might help, one of the settings is Ireland in the 1930's, though I suppose I could likely get all of that from wikipedia if need be. If you happen to know about Irish mythology at all that'd help too.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:24 pm

I'll do what I can.

Although....why you wish to have settings of Ireland in the 1930's I have no idea. Things weren't quite as...volatile, as later years then.

And to be honest, the whole political thing is so mucked up it makes my head spin.

Of course, if what you're planning has nothing to do with the prelude to the troubles, than you'll probably be fine.

I'm afraid the troubles is what my history class focused on for Irish history really, which is a shame.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 pm

That was a part of the idea, I'm trying to go to areas of history which aren't really focused on as much. Then have a couple in the future as well. So I decided Ireland in the 1930's was untouched enough and went with that.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Could someone put up a post in this other than Khan or me?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Oh shit. Gimme a few minutes.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Bolts » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Sorry dude, been busy at work. Trying to get the Support Manager job that just opened up.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 am

Couple of things MQuinny, (Thanks for posting, by the by)

1. While I'm not going to stop you from doing it, I have to wonder why you're using the MSPA second-person.

2. The NWO building is meant to mainly be apartments, so I don't think Anthony would work there. However, we can just make it so that he's there for a meeting with someone... also, I didn't come across this in his profile, but what exactly does Anthony do?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 am

Hmm...Didn't notice that second-person thing.

As for the business...I dunno, stock? Shares? Investment? Mergers?

I was hoping no-one would notice and I could keep him like Barney.

From "How I met your mother."
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:21 pm

I'm okay with a character just having "vague business-type stuff" as an occupation.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm

That is what he does.

Also, at some point, I may have him do some shady business.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:24 pm

Working on a post now. Spring break was nice.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 pm

Good to have you back, MM! I'll be posting either tomorrow or Thursday and moving the plot forward

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing