New Grim Tales 3/25/12 - Junior's Rescue Shelter

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 3/25/12 - Junior's Rescue Shelter

Postby strider0075 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 pm

That was off the top of your head?! Quinny, again, your mind scares me, and by default so does HIM. of course that could be just because i'm arachnophobic.

@PP-Grim1013, you can say what you want. Like Quinny said your statement was valid, just don't be surprised if there are those who don't agree with you and of course there are those that are just flat out smart "alecks". That is the nature of the internet after all.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:57 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:As for the feet thing, she's spent years walking in ridiculously high heels which has probably fucked up her feet.

You know that could explain a few things, like why she has on those spike shoes (presumably sandals) in the bikini party scene that was posted in the Bleedart thread recently. Maybe she now can ONLY walk in heels (It happens to women in our world, why not to half demons in the grim universe).
On the other hand I'm not sure Mimi's boots have heels that are all that ridiculous (the aforementioned sandals do, but we are not discussing them now). They really don't appear to be any higher than mandy's (they actually may be slightly lower) or indeed, Minnie's in the future costume we've seen peeks of in Bleed's sketches. I suppose the problem should really not be laid on Him in this case, as the boots she wears now are basically identical (give or take some decoration) to the ones she was wearing back in her memory (though at that point whether you could say she had been walking in them really depends on whether you think the bath chair was temporary or permanent.) In fact, they're actually lower than those worn by Him himself (at least, Him as he was in the orginal, I can't recall if any of bleeds strips had any pics where we saw Him's feet.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Dibullba » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:03 am

Actually worst case scenario in my head is that this is all just a wet dream of Fred Fredburger's and will likely end with nachos...... YES!

Postby Wallow Blacklake » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Wallow@Thing about Nigel not having useful powers...What powers has Jr got?

@MQuinny1234
Sir, If you are talking about Nergal Jr, I refer you to the following:
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=35

@Dibullba
Dear god no.
I that were to happen, all hell would break loose here.

As for the hypothetical torture of Blossom's soul, I could think of tones of ways to do that
The question is does anyone wish to here it. Keep in mind that imagination is the only limit here.
"What's the point in caring when all it brings is pain?"
Stan Marsh, South Park.

My account. Please check it out: http://wallowblacklake.deviantart.com/

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 am

I was talking about Grim Jr.

Mon@ I don't know but maybe because she was still a kid when she started wearing them and then she grew up wearing the heels? And there's a big difference in Mimi's body now and Mandy's, plus a ten year-old wearing heels that big is probably a good bit more damaging that a grown woman wearing them, but I don't really know biology that well so it could all mean nothing. I'm spit-balling here.

Strider@But you see my point here, while it would give him a certain ironic (or whatever the correct word word is) pleasure in doing that to Blossom, he could do so much worse to her soul.

Although, it's entirely possible that he's just putting off Blossom's eventual horrific fate for now. Immortals like Him probably realise that they can take their time with their pleasures. So he could be doing what you suggest, and then later damning her soul to the deepest pits of Hell.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Mimi kinda reminds me of a succubus, so her wearing heels could be a little homage to them?
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh...well yeah, I just thought it was because a young girl wearing heels like that created a much more mature (and considering the age of the person wearing them, hellish) look.

But we're more discussing why her feet would look a little messed up if it wasn't just bad comic-land physics which is what it probably is.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Well, we are talking about Mimi. She's may be young, but her mind set definitely isn't like that anymore. Plus, when I was younger, I used to wear heels. Not that high, but still had a little one. And her damaged feet could just be something that happened to her when Him fucked her up.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:55 pm

True, seems like an odd possible side-effect but petty evils like that are definitely Him's thing...but would proper high-heels, like the ones Mimi wears now, mess up a kid's feet?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:59 pm

I don't think anything else could really mess her up, ya know? Heels aren't that bad. Plus, they're boots. I don't think they'd bother her.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:04 pm

There's a good chance it was Him then, just being a dick and making sure she has to wear heels.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:06 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:There's a good chance it was Him then, just being a dick and making sure she has to wear heels.

Except Him presumably didn't make that choice, Mimi already had heeled boots before him collected her. You can probably put the blame on Blossom, or whoever it was who had control over Mimi's childhood wardrobe.

MQuinny1234 wrote:Oh...well yeah, I just thought it was because a young girl wearing heels like that created a much more mature (and considering the age of the person wearing them, hellish) look.

No to mention giving her an excellent pair of addional ball busting weapons (they don't call the trope "combat stilettos" for nothing.)

MQuinny1234 wrote: But we're more discussing why her feet would look a little messed up if it wasn't just bad comic-land physics which is what it probably is.

As for the damage thing, yes, wearing high heels as a child can cause serious damage (actually, wearing high heels at any time can cause serios damage. and most child podiatrists say it's a bad idea(of course some child podiatrists say wearing shoes period is a bad idea, but lets leave that to the side) There are two major areas of damage. The heel itself throws the foot forward into an unnatural angle, which changes the gait a person takes. In the long run, that gait can cause changes and damage to the calf muscles and ankles. The other point is that many high heeled shoes have very narrow, pointy toes, which of course restricts the motion and puts pressure on your ownand can lead to malformations ("Hammer Toes" ) and possible malformed bones.

Actually if Him really wanted to be that kind of a dick , he might have gone the whole "Golden Lotus Footbinding" thing, though he clearly didn't (if he had, Mimi's feet would be about 2 inches long, and she wouldn't be able to walk, period).

And as I mentioned, this may be normal. Minnie is after all going to get a pair of heeled boots in the future (and not that many years in the future either) and may wear platforms now, which have similar foot damaging properties (I have never been able to tell if Minnie's current shoes are platform, or whether Bleed just draws his mary janes really clunky.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah...I do wonder why she was wearing heels then...Maybe she was just born with weird feet?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:37 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Yeah...I do wonder why she was wearing heels then...Maybe she was just born with weird feet?

well, her child boots don't have particualry narrow toes (actually neither do her current ones) and the heel thing only really becomes an issue if you can actually walk. If they can't there's really not as much of a problem, and if she likes them why not indulge her? it's no worse than getting them cowboy boots (the most common foot damaging footwear bought for little kids.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Still, odd choice for a kid to pick.

Although, I imagine they'd be decent for keeping the cold out or her legs covered or something, considering the lengths of them.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:12 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Still, odd choice for a kid to pick.

Odd to us maybe, but maybe not to her. As I have mentioned previously, we don't really know by what periods standards the families in GT raise thier kids. At varios times, having a little brother share the bed of his older sister would have raised no eyebrows (and we are talking about a time when sleeping naked was the norm as well). Having your kids heads shaved except for a tail of hair along one side, having thier skull pressed between boards so it would elongate, or wrapping them up for the first few years tight enough that they could not move at all, all of these were common and accepted pratices at one time or another. In the lat 17th and early to mid 18th century, a little girl of noble birth would probably have had high heeled shoes from the day she was walking; all of her clothing, shoes included, would have been simply smaller sized versions of the clothes adults wore. The concept that "chidhood" was a seperate period with different parameters really didn't take hold until the 19th century (Blame Queen Victoria).

MQuinny1234 wrote:Although, I imagine they'd be decent for keeping the cold out or her legs covered or something, considering the lengths of them.

If they are anything like Him's (which if I recall had furry cuffs) they may actually be lined with something like wool or fur. Hessian Boots (that's what that kind with the triangle shaped guard over the knee are called) usually are. And they are definitely keeping her feet dry, (that's actually why the process for making patent leather was patented in the first place, it was a method of waterproofing).

Postby Pointy Ears » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:26 pm

I was actually just referring to the art style when I mentioned the feet. It reminded me of Bleedman's earlier work in PPGD. If I recall correctly he was drawing his characters with smaller feet for a while, so I was taken aback when the large feet reappeared again.

Though now that you mention it, I find it odd that she has bandages around there.

And isn't it possible for the Nergal language to be learned like any other language without the transferal of powers? It would certainly be advantageous for Mandy to know it, seeing how she would have to associate with Nergals now and then (Jr, Minnie, Nergal Jr). In fact at the end of GTFDB Minnie was speaking it as a zombie.

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Pointy Ears wrote:And isn't it possible for the Nergal language to be learned like any other language without the transferal of powers? It would certainly be advantageous for Mandy to know it, seeing how she would have to associate with Nergals now and then (Jr, Minnie, Nergal Jr). In fact at the end of GTFDB Minnie was speaking it as a zombie.

^ I agree with this; I don't think Mandy has any association with the powers, just that she probably learned the language from Nergal for Minnie's sake
- heck, to avoid future problems for HERSELF, Mandy may have helped Minnie with her training way back when~
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby KingM10 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I don't think mandy would help Jr. that much. and it has only been about a week since GTFDB to now. she probably had some time to learn since Nergal Sr. & Jr. been around with them for a while.

Postby Misery Chord » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 am

I like the fact that this confrontation ended without a fight, but I'm concerned about Mandy's knowledge of Nergal-speak. What was the point of rescuing Minnie's soul in the first place earlier in GT since it was assumed she was the only one who could control the monster? Couldn't Mandy have ordered the Reapinator to stand down since it was Junior?

Regarding Mimi's feet, I always thought Bleedman drew his characters' legs large to invoke the style of Mega Man. I don't think the size of the feet is evidence of edema. Then again, I don't think that the bandages on her feet are due to any inflicted trauma other that perhaps just the aspect of walking. Mimi as a "human" was in a wheelchair, and I'm guessing she never walked prior to Him taking her. The act of walking alone would have probably caused wounds due to the atrophy, although if Him was particularly mean, he would have made Mimi lie down for months/years on end, then forced her on her feet.

Postby Imosa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 am

Misery Chord wrote:I like the fact that this confrontation ended without a fight, but I'm concerned about Mandy's knowledge of Nergal-speak. What was the point of rescuing Minnie's soul in the first place earlier in GT since it was assumed she was the only one who could control the monster? Couldn't Mandy have ordered the Reapinator to stand down since it was Junior?
The Reapinator (is that really what it's called or did you make that up?) was insane, under the control of both the Nergals and Junior. I doubt it would have listened to Mandy.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:20 am

I don't think it's some magical language that makes any Nergals obey anyone who can speak it, Misery.

Mon@Yeah, but Minnie was being raised by the survivors of those that had lived in the 20th century
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:IMon@Yeah, but Minnie was being raised by the survivors of those that had lived in the 20th century

Give Blossom a break, With the whole city wrecked, finding clothing period was likey difficult, let alone erganomically approprite stuff. Also assuming that the people who we have seen so far are the one that raised her, We have Blossom, who was BORN in her day to day outfit* and didn't really wear anything significantly different on a day to day basis until she grew up, Raven, who is an Azerathian (where, based on the cartoon, clothing seems to have stopped advacing around the middle ages) and Jeff who doesn't wear clothing at all. They may simply have not known better.

*which brings up the question I have always wondered, how did the Professor get MORE clothing for the girls. The stuff can't be off the shelf, since the crime fighting the girls do would shred normal clothes (actually just their flying would likey cause the stuff to tear off or even catch fire). and actual damage to the girls clothes was pretty rare in the show (It was messed up by their being dipped in acid, torn up a LITTLE when they rowdyruffs beat them up the last time, and of course dissolved by the nanites, but those are the only major ones I can remember.) Blossom may acually not be used to thinking much about clothes for kids, every day when she opened the closet, there'd be dozens of the exact same dresses, all fully interchangable. drawer full of the same undies and tights (I'm going from the TV where the girls appeared to wear tights, not stockings) a pile of the same Mary Janes etc. (In fact, since all the girls were identical, I would not consider it unlikey if all of their tights and shoes were shared (i.e. they simply picked up the first pair to hand, rather than there being seperate sections of pairs for each one) so she may have had a clothes are clothes mentality.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

That's actually a little disturbing to bring to attention.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Aszhasal » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that the third panel is mind-boggingly bad?

1. Mandy can talk the Nergal language? What? How? It doesn't make sense.
2. The translation makes the Nergal language dialogue bubbles redundant. You could've put the normal speech and it would've still worked fine. Or just don't put the translation, don't you think it would've been much more interesting if we didn't know what Mandy and Jr said to each other? And to make matters worse...
3. ...you've just killed the charm of Nergal language. I liked how the language was mysterious, I liked how dialogues weren't made with normal words but subtle images which implied what characters said. That translation ruins the magic.
Bleedman's message to his fans:
Get a life.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)