The Plagued Lands OOC *Sign Ups Open!*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Plagued Lands OOC *Sign Ups Open!*

Postby Timer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 am

In the forgotten realms world Glow powder (if allowed by the dm at all) is usually pretty expensive.. coming in at 200 gold a pop.

It quickly makes wands a better investment, why would you want a gun that does 2D10 X4 when you can have a wand (that doesn't miss) and does 8D6 in a 20ft globe? Plus a shower of arrows/Arcane archer build yields a much higher DPR, A Scout/SoA is even better.

An Enchanted pistol wielder might be cool though... Banishment pistols would be useful in this RP :P

Postby Zelosse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am

Not to mention the fact that as a scavenger in a torn country, it will be increasingly difficult to aquire bullets. Thus making the bow and arrow more useful.
I would like to state that enchanted arrows are very common and have a multitude of effects, including teleportation.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:34 am

I wasn't working from all the technical aspects. I was just floating what I thought was a cool idea.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Asmodai » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 am

So the world is basically a barren wasteland? Or are there places still (slightly) untouched?

Also, how long does this RP take place after the war? I can imagine people trying their best to settle down, despite their new situation if its already been a while. People are always more willing to resist if it only happened recently.

Do cities/villages even still exist?
Mephobiac

Postby Bishomonten » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:42 pm

What is the strength of Alchemy in Forgotten Realms? Im thinking about making an alchemist.

Postby Zelosse » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Asmodai wrote:So the world is basically a barren wasteland? Or are there places still (slightly) untouched?

Also, how long does this RP take place after the war? I can imagine people trying their best to settle down, despite their new situation if its already been a while. People are always more willing to resist if it only happened recently.

Do cities/villages even still exist?

Bishomonten wrote:What is the strength of Alchemy in Forgotten Realms? Im thinking about making an alchemist.

In order of questions asked;
1. There are places still slightly untouched, but they are few.
2. I would say the war is just concluding, so maybe a month. Still well into the first year of the weave's demise, the spellplague continues to disrupt the other weaves due to turmoil in the upper worlds.
3. Cities and villages DO exist, but have been ravaged or enslaved by the dictator Szass Tam.
4. Alchemy is very strong, stronger now due to the strange growth from the spellplague. Some plants carry innate magic that further potents it's effect. The problem is finding a suitable place to work and knowing the lethality of an alchemic substance.

Postby Bishomonten » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:43 pm

I was going to make an alchemist who uses alchemy to create bombs and potions.

Postby LostD » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:16 am

Got a mad Alchemist in the works. Doing papers right now. Will have CS done before Friday.

Previous

Return to Role Playing