A Metal Abstraction: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: A Metal Abstraction: OOC

Postby icbmalaria » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Asmodai wrote:Man, I've been going through the CS's... Its like a retirement home here, so many old folk xD

Yeah I guess it's an older cast of characters but most mafia-type organizations aren't ran by a bunch of teens.

Postby Abolin » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

icbmalaria wrote:Yeah I guess it's an older cast of characters but most mafia-type organizations aren't ran by a bunch of teens.

Where I'm from, most are.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

...That's just depressing.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:51 pm

I should have a post up that begins moving us out of the theater and back home today.

Postby Bolts » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:25 am

Burnyourhousedown wrote:I should have a post up that begins moving us out of the theater and back home today.

We should all go to Eddie's house for a private book reading!!

Postby ende of the world » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Abolin wrote:
icbmalaria wrote:Yeah I guess it's an older cast of characters but most mafia-type organizations aren't ran by a bunch of teens.

Where I'm from, most are.

Ah, ditto. Where are you from?
"Are you going to finish that?"

Postby Musicmac » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:52 am

Very sorry for the brief disappearance, still trying to finish up my character with a few things missing.
Although I do have a question House, how much would it cost to run a gallery in the Winter District? :3
Listen.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:40 pm

Running a gallery in Winter District... well that really depends, musicmac. If you're a student in the Art Institute, or have some other affiliation with them, then you may be able to have a gallery space on loan for a time. As for running a legal stand-alone art gallery, I would say that that is probably too much of a cost. Even though the Winter District of Samhain is a slum, it is a prestigious slum (as being in Samhain alone gives a place credibility.)

Also, could someone please give me some postage in the IC? I'd like to get and most importantly KEEP this train a-movin'.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:25 pm

...Any suggestions on what you want me to do?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Asmodai » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Sorry, I've been a bit preoccupied as of late... I'll try to post soon
Mephobiac

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:15 pm

Mquinny, where is Anthony exactly? I was kind of wondering that, is he in the same theatre as the other Family members or is he in some place up in Autumn District? If he is in the former, have him come out with the family, if he is in the latter, inform me and I will orchestrate an encounter for him.

That's fine, Asmodai, I understand.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Former. I assumed there'd be a side bar at the building they're in.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

yes there is, if that's the case and he is at the bar I would ask that you have him come join Henry and Chester outside as they prepare to move off into the night.

Postby Abolin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:55 pm

I've been wanting to post, but Since the time skip must mean my character is at HQ, I didn't want to post something that wouldn't push the story further. (i.E. arriving home or sparking a conversation with no specific purpose)

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Abolin, I'll give you a post showing our humble Beltane home so you can go ahead and begin interacting with it.

Postby Abolin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 pm

Perfect, end of world and I might as well start a side quest within HQ.

Postby ende of the world » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Ah, would you please call me Terry, or at least ende of the world? ^^

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Terry then, I'm going to go ahead and say this sister trap act has already been figured out by most of the party. The walls in the house aren't exactly soundproof and Henry would have accepted Jake into the Family if Riem had refused to go in without him. He can still do this little trade-off thing (it could be useful to practice it for when we're meeting with less-informed people) but I'm going to make a call and say the Family already knows about this, unless you have some reason they shouldn't know.

Postby ende of the world » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Ah, no reason.
Do my characters know that the family knows?

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:27 pm

I think its more like they know, but haven't said anything about it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 pm

yes they probably know the family knows, as someone would have begun to question it.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Give me a bit, I got something special for ya, Burn.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Musicmac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:12 am

I'll just leave this here for now. :3

--WIP--

Name : Simone Abigail Adams
Addressed Names : Simone (Close acquaintances, friends and colleagues), Abigail or Abby (Close friends, family and loved ones), Miss Adams (Acquaintances and strangers).
Artistic Identity : Girl of the Seasons

Birthday : May 03, 1978

Sexuality : Physically attracted to men, emotionally to women.

Hometown : New York City, in the King's County

Clothes: (Your character starts out with three sets of clothes. Hot (for hot weather), Cold (for cold weather), and Business)

Personality: (What makes your character tick? What kind of person are they?)

Relations: (While not common, I do not wish to say that these Family members are incapable of being loved. List any close family members or friends they have outside of the Beltane Family. Also, you may go and edit this to include members of the Beltane Family who your character particularly likes and works well with, though I do also request that you include some people who your character does not like in the group.)

Ambitions : (What does your character seek to do, to accomplish, to make themselves known by?)

Appearance : (What does your character actually physically look like?)

Dislikes : (Some things your character would rather do without)

Fears : (What does your character fear? Note: you will be expected to behave irrationally around your fears, treat them as if your character is actually afraid of them.)

Trinkets : (What objects does your character tend to carry around with them? This is limited by holding space and common sense.)

Money : 185
Foraging Skill : 10
Directional Sensibility : 14

Background/Circumstances : (Give your character some background here. Tell us how they got to Samhain, what their family life was like, where they’ve been in life and how it has influenced them.)

Powers : (These will appear later.)

Talents : (Talent points are equal at the beginning to your characters age, use these points to distribute among different talents you can come up with. Talents can be anything from ‘good with animals’ to ‘obscure trivia of Family Matters’ to ‘Squirrel Wrangling’. The only stipulation is that you should have nothing that would be completely out of place for a modern setting, such as ‘Naginata mastery’ or anything that your character probably would be using to have a full-time job and a good life like ‘financial expertise’ or ‘neurosurgery’. You may spend up to five points in any talent, meaning you are a complete master in that field. As I said before, you may add however many talents you wish, but here is the catch. Whatever talents you have will also show up on everyone else’s character sheet. Meaning they must also spend points in that talent if they wish to use it to some degree as well. This works retroactively too. Successes at these rolls will be determined using a d6. If your character has 0 points in a talent, they will immediately fail the roll unless accompanied by someone with a higher number in said talent, in which case that persons talent is rolled instead. If they have a 1 in the talent, they will need to roll a 6 for a success, and so on and so forth until the player achieves a 6 in a talent, meaning they will always succeed.)
Listen.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Good to see a WIP, your character has an in-game birthday coming up, have it done by the time we get to that point and something special will happen for them.

EDIT: Speaking of Birthdays, we have a couple of them coming up for the characters whose birthdays are in May, so that's good, time for me to get to planning birthday events.

Also, I realize that both Rodger and Jess have a birthday on February 29th... while exceedingly unlikely to meet two people with that birthday, I will accept this, provided SuccessorM changes the year.. 1959 was not a leap year and therefore February 29th would not have appeared that year.

Postby Mastermind001 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Now is the time to called the Police, cause none of us except for Anthony know how to fight.
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing