New Grim Tales 3/16/12 - A Bit of Motherly Love

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Grim Tales 3/16/12 - A Bit of Motherly Love

Postby Numa430 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:19 pm

So much for defense there, Junior.
Under the bed

Re: New Grim Tales 3/16/12 - A Bit of Motherly Love

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 pm

C'mon, Junior! Be a man! >:(
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 pm

Good on him for sticking to it though. Shows Balls.

Unfortunately, bravery is at it's best when mixed with common sense.

I am, however, a little surprised at Mandy. Not at her beating the ever-loving crap out of Jr, saw that coming two or three pages back, just at how she's treating him whilst doing so.

She called him "boy." Not Jr, not son, just...boy.

Is she distancing herself from him whilst doing this, was she always just that cold-hearted, or is that when she get's like this, everything else has become minor points in the distance to her?

As for Grim and Minnie...Tch, poor Minnie. As for Grim, I think he'd expected this as well.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Kyan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 pm

It's not shocking in the least that she said 'boy' Mandy doesn't really care about anyone or anything. She's always been that cold-hearted and so far this beating is pretty lighter than what I would expect from her.
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Gundam » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah we all saw this coming...

Just wished Jr. had time to "Nergal up" for his beat down.
One weird Snafu

Postby superjp164 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:32 am

Well he better "Nergal Up" or he just gonna look pathetic in not just in front of his family but in front of the girl he's trying to protect! :frown:

Postby Biostar » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 am

Walk it off Junior. This is a massage compared to the punishment he's received lately.

Postby Dibullba » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:34 am

Mandy only cares about herself, everything else is just a pawn to her. Would not matter if he went into a nergal state either. Unlike Mandy, Jr. would hold back since she is his mother and he has compassion for even his enemies.

Postby Saint Soul » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:19 am

I just realized that Mandy and cartman have the same mentality.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Kyan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 am

It makes me wonder though. Sure Mandy fears no one, but I wonder if she fears Grim at all to some degree. I mean she's on borrowed time or something like that right? So the only one who could actually pose a threat to Mandy is Grim himself...well if he wanted to I suppose.
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby iLuvWMGs » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 am

Mandy's made Grim her bitch since she was 9, you think she's scared of him?
Some colors simply cannot be seen without seeing the color of pain first
dA username iLuvWMGs (kinda like my online handle now). Pretty dead but hey, I will get on it soon

Postby Kyan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 am

Good point I suppose. Nevermind what I said then I guess.
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby gamefan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 am

Yeah, I kinda knew this would happen too, but what surprise me most is how Minnie and Grim just watch and nothing else. That fearful is Mandy. :eek:
Flowerpuff Girls Forever <3
Image Image

Postby 123Applefuzz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 am

I'd expected better from Jr. I mean he's letting his own mother (Mandy) beat him up while his half-sister (Minnie) and surrogate father (Grim) watches I guess his mother doesn't know that Mimi already beaten him up before she stepped in and speaking of Mimi I really she's going to be OK and I really want to know what happen to her mother (Blossom). :frown:

Postby Kyan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 am

From what I can gather from that flashback bit, either Blossom is dead (Along with a lot of the heroes) or HIM is keeping her soul somwhere
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby superjp164 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 am

Nah I think Blossom is still in the mortal world, probably still looking for Mimi

Postby SgtWaffles » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 am

Mandy’s actions are really starting to bother me. Her character’s actions and words appear to run against the character she is portrayed/supposed to be. Mandy is supposed to be intelligent, cunning, manipulative, and heartless. However, her actions portray her to be the opposite. Some of you might think the opposite but remember that just because she has been drawn very well to this image of her character (in terms of the comic’s art) does not in any way mean she is correctly acting it.

So, now to the reasoning behind this. It is just simple logic. Let us take a view of the situation and create an optimal decision pattern for Mandy, taking into consideration her general character:

CONSIDERATIONS OF CHARACTER:
- She likely sees people as objects
- She has been shown to value and strive to attain power, primarily via the control of others
- Through her lack of emotion towards her children, combined with the way she has gone about producing them (mating for power and abilities), there is a high likelihood she sees them as objects to subjugate/manipulate and use to increase her power

CONSIDERATIONS OF SITUATION:
- Right now we have Mimi, the presumed only child of HIM (an incredibly powerful being) in her home turf. It is likely that Mandy recognizes that Mimi has two sides to her – a good side and an ‘evil-ish’ one. Mandy likely knows, or is able to infer (given her intelligence), that HIM’s plan is to further demonize his daughter to be more like him. If HIM was to succeed in this plan, it could give him an immense power object with Mimi that could potentially be used against Mandy in some as-of-yet-unknown future conflict.
- Mandy likely knows that her son is an empathic being who naturally seeks ‘do the right thing’. Basically, she knows he’s a ‘good guy’ who is standing up for Mimi right now because he sees that Mimi has good in her.

LOGICAL PLAN OF ACTION
- Based on both considerations of situation and considerations of character, the probable outcome would be that Mandy would seek to co-opt Mimi into her power structure. This would increase her power in two ways: it would remove power from HIM and it would give her power. So the question is, how could she do this? Easy, just go along with the methods of manipulation available to her. She would seek to create a situation where Junior would act in such a way to portray him to be a ‘knight in shining armor’ to Mimi while Mimi was in her good side, creating a bond between them. She would seek to find a reason to keep Mimi within their domain (their home I guess) so that Mimi could form further emotional bonds to Junior through additional interactions. If Mandy got it right, Mimi would effectively become a pawn of some sort to Junior (though he would not realize this) and thus as Junior can be wielded easily by Mandy then Mimi would thus fall under her power structure.
- Also, Mandy would seek to push her son to get a backbone, or so to speak, as she has done by making him stand up for himself. However, she must act very carefully now as she has placed herself in an enemy/adversary position to Junior and if she keeps being cold and abusive to him then it would decrease his loyalty/bonds to her.

So, while the situation at hand roughly matches the logical plan of action for her - superficially at least - she just doesn't seem to be doing it on purpose. It seems to be like she’s done what she has done because she felt the whim or because she’s mad. This goes against her character – if she was doing it on a whim, it means that she doesn’t recognize the situation as she should, indicating a lack of cunning/intelligence or a lack of a drive to attain more power. If she’s doing it because she’s mad, then that clashes with her in terms of her being emotionless. Also, keeping her son at a distance like she has done seems to violate what she’d logically do – she should logically try to form emotional bonds with Junior as he is the type to be most easily controlled through a relationship with emotional bonds. Overall she just doesn't seem to be acting out of a desire to manipulate the situation at hand to increase her power assets, which clashes with the character she has been portrayed to be (seeks power, sees people as objects, manipulates others for power, very selfish, etc).

The only scenario I can think of where what she has done would match up with her character would be if she is capable of political manipulation but not emotional manipulation. If this were true, then she may not have viewed the situation at hand as one ripe for attaining more power assets by 'attaching' Mimi to Junior. This would fit well with her character as she seems to be very emotionless, but at the same time I think that she would be able to make up for this by simply using reasoning to determine how to emotionally manipulate others.

Anyways, these are just some of the thoughts floating around in my head, feel free to add your own.

EDIT: Mandy doesn't seem to be really trying to beat Junior up, nor does she appear to have malice towards him. Seems to me like she's mad, but not so much at Junior, and is just given him 'light' physical parental punishment for acting against her ('talking back' as some parents say).

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Actually, there are times when her rage went against her common sense. And she's never been emotionless. Just cold-hearted. She's been seen with negative emotions plenty of times and they have coloured her judgement slightly. But generally it works out for her because it at least reminds her victims why she shouldn't be angered and makes it less likely for them to piss her off in the future. Logically anyway.

There's also the possibility that...she can't really back out now. She's gone on this path and a sure-fire way to lose control of a situation is to back-pedal, admit you made a mistake. And she has to assert herself as the boss here too. So, I agree with your edit here. She's getting him out of the way and, perhaps just incidently, hammering a lesson into him.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Ataw » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Beat up lika boss, but seriously thats just... im she put him down for being a man and protecting someone :unsure:
Dead and gone for 6 months....
But now I've been reborn to reclaim My Place!!

Postby shadownerd221 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:58 pm

So he stands up for her. He gets slapped. He goes to protect her. He get's his ass whooped.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:34 pm

I hope he doesn't make a connection.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Dibullba » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

SgtWaffles wrote:(Read the post, too big to quote).

I am gonna put this in the simplest manner possible. Mandy in general is lazy, cunning, and sadistic. She has not broken character in the least since she sent Pain to do the job first. It was through some "trigger events" that she steps in to show her sadistic side. Everything to her is a Pawn and HIM as stated in a previous page purposely sent Mimi to be "punished".

Postby Venus » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Not importen to the topic on the page so far, but, am I the only one distracted by that yellow smear over Minnie's eye?

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Her eyehole you mean, and I see it now, yeah.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Dibullba » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Venus wrote:Not importen to the topic on the page so far, but, am I the only one distracted by that yellow smear over Minnie's eye?

It is actually an optical illusion. The center is white, but the space being small enough makes the eye blend the black into the white sort of like the green dot illusion. Regardless, I have to say that has to be a color error, albeit not a big important one.

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)