Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Fuck Yeah, Pokémans

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Kyan wrote:Yawn is perfect for catching legendary Pokemon...as well as pissing your friends off.

It does a lot more. To begin with, it never misses. Second, if your opponent decides to stay, it guarantees that the Pokemon will fall asleep and receive an attack. And if your opponent decides to take it away, another Pokemon will take the hit instead. A lot more than "pissing your friends off", that's for sure.
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby Kyan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm

Ah, I never really knew all that about Yawn. Well it just became even better for me to use in the future then
You Just Gotta Believe!!!
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I think I'm going to try and make a Sun team. Any suggestions (besides Ninetales)?

Location: That little place in your head you don't know about.

Postby Teran » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:38 pm

Leafeon could be a powerful ally, especially because all it's abilities activate under the sunny weather. Charizard, Lilligant too (especially with the speed boost).
Disclaimer: If you don't agree with my opinion, I'm not a comic reviewer or a writer, I'm just an asshole. Also, I'm probably drunk right now.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm

Well I already have a fully trained Leafeon, but I'd probably like one with its Dream World ability since I want to make it offensive (the one I have is support). Charizard...yes. Lilligant will also be good.

Postby Teran » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Haha, yeah, I've fought several times against those teams, so I know what I'm telling you. Still, I would strongly recommend you to have a Leafeon with Leaf Guard over Chlorophyll.

Most of the Sunny Teams don't know what to add as the last two members of the team. More like unnecessary filler over actual strategic placement. But again, I don't use those teams, so I have no idea. Perhaps a Rotom?

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Ah okay. That's not a problem. I can easily rebreed my Leafeon to get a more reliable IV count.

Maybe...Heat Rotom could be a tank or something. I don't know. Salamance could be something. It's Fire Blast would benifit from the sun. Hmm...might need a Rapid Spinner, because Stealth Rock is going to be a major pain.

Oh! Chandelure could be an add on, especially once it gets its Dream World ability.

Postby Teran » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Salamance could actually work, especially because it has a decent Special Attack Stat (110, not really that much from Attack, which is 130). Torkoal could also be an interesting choice, especially because of it's high defense, and hey, it learns Rapid Spin!

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah, except Torkoal is slow as hell. Even with its high defense and the fact it can learn Rapid Spin it probably would be KOed before it got the chance to pull it off. Then again...it can be proved useful.

Hmm...Victini is another option. V-Create will definitely hurt under the sun.

I just found an article on Sun teams on Smoogon. This should really help me out.

Postby Teran » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Fuck, just realized that the Pokemon Selector will have a feature to make the Pokemons you download shiny. While I have no problem downloading them to test them in battle or to breed, this actually pisses me.

Oh well, not that there's much of a difference anyways, there are those who simply use Action Replay, or Pokesav, which is pretty much the same.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Ugh...joy.

But yeah, I'm seriously going to need some help getting certain Pokemon for this team. Ninetales in particular is one, and a Solar Power Charizard is one too. Still want a Magic Bounce Espeon too.

Postby Thunderbolt » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:01 pm

I use Starmie to fight opposing fire types and as a spin blocker for Charizard. Jirachi is a good choice as well.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Yeah it is. Starmie I can change with a simple TM. Jirachi I only have one of, and it sucks. Might also raise a Donphan for Rapid Spinner too to also provide physical support.

Hmm...I know I'm going to use Salamance as a big attacker, and I'm wanting Charizard for another. Ninetales is for the obvious, though I need to a secondary Sunny Day user. What else can I use?

Postby Teran » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:31 am

Postby Mathias » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:59 am

So Kyurem will basically fuse with them. Wonder if we'll be able to fuse other Pokeys?

Postby Teran » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 am

Mathias wrote:So Kyurem will basically fuse with them. Wonder if we'll be able to fuse other Pokeys?

Maybe in Gen 6. As far as I know, the only "fusion" Pokemon so far is Kyurem, with no other registered Pokemon in the code, at least in Pokemon Black & White.

There is placeholder data for an alternate form of Kyurem in Pokémon Black and White. There was the same type of placeholder data for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl.

But again, it's a pretty awesome concept, it would be a horrible waste if they didn't implemented it on future Generations.

Postby Thunderbolt » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:40 am

BlazingBarrager wrote:Yeah it is. Starmie I can change with a simple TM. Jirachi I only have one of, and it sucks. Might also raise a Donphan for Rapid Spinner too to also provide physical support.

Hmm...I know I'm going to use Salamance as a big attacker, and I'm wanting Charizard for another. Ninetales is for the obvious, though I need to a secondary Sunny Day user. What else can I use?

I have my liligant as a secondary Sunny Day user.

Postby Kyan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 pm

I'm wondering what the Story for Black and White 2 will be exactly. I found the originals to have a pretty good story, So I'm wondering what this will be like. Not to mention, if this is indeed a sequel then will we get the same male and female character to choose from but they'll be slightly older or still look the same age (as in only months or 1 or 2 years passed)
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby BlazingBarrager » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:31 pm

Thunderbolt wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:Yeah it is. Starmie I can change with a simple TM. Jirachi I only have one of, and it sucks. Might also raise a Donphan for Rapid Spinner too to also provide physical support.

I have my liligant as a secondary Sunny Day user.

That's what I was thinking.

Postby Teran » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Remember when I said that Memento was not a good attack? I take it all back, almost made me lose.

Postby BlazingBarrager » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:44 am

Not surprising really. Suicide attacks like that can really turn the tide of the battle, especially Healing Wish when you have to rebattle a dangerous sweeper you just wasted resources weakening.

Postby Kyan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:37 am

I've never seen the move Memento before. Mind explaining what it does exactly?
yukkuri shiteite ne!

Postby Teran » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Kyan wrote:I've never seen the move Memento before. Mind explaining what it does exactly?

Memento is quite an interesting attack. The Pokemon that uses it will faint immediately, but it will lower the Attack and Special Attack of the opponent's Pokemon, which at first sounds pretty expensive.

My opponent had a Chandelure, and I was using my Porygon2, which is one of the best walls in the whole game thanks to Eviolite. Anyways, my opponent knew that my Porygon2 would easily defeat his Chandelure, so he used Memento, reducing my Special Attack, and summoned Raticate. Didn't took Memento too seriously and used Thunderbolt against it, but it did nothing. My opponent, on the other hand, used Swords Dance (strangely, his Raticate didn't have a Toxic or Flame Orb... dunno, was weird to me). To make the story short, I managed to defeat that Raticate thanks to the fact that my Arcanine has Extremespeed, but damn! 2 Swords Dance and a Life Orb is a serious fucking threat, and all thanks to Memento.

Postby mattjoe2000 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:29 pm

I've played only silver. I think there's just too many going out these days

Postby Teran » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 pm

mattjoe2000 wrote:I've played only silver. I think there's just too many going out these days

No, I want more Pokemons! I demand more and more dammit!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)