A Metal Abstraction: OOC

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: A Metal Abstraction: OOC

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Well I would like Harold to be a member of the family. Like one of the guys, Henry selected as someone useful to him.

Edit: So what do I need to do to achieve that?

And Gamer, I meant more video games so let me modify it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Oh, just edit into the background/circumstances when Harold became a member of the Beltane Family. Bear in mind they've only been around since 1998, though.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:08 pm

Edit: I see, well Harold entered the art school around 1997. So how around around 2000 he became a member?
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm

sure, the Family often likes to take in people with connections to the Art College as many of them need financial help and can offer services in return. So I'm guessing he would have just stayed on after his graduation.

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Alright then, I just made some modification to the CS yet again.
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:11 pm

all right, looks good. Welcome to the Family and to the superb city of Samhain!

Postby Khanman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Got my CS up. Being older translates into coming up with more background and talents.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Chester is accepted, Khanman. Welcome aboard.

How goes everyone else's CS's?

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:06 pm

I've been meaning to ask you this, Burn, are you the one selecting which power each player gets?
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm glad you asked, Mastermind! Here's some of how powers work.

Powers in this game are derived from merging with a demonic parasite; for that reason, none of us begin with any powers.

Now, throughout the game, we'll encounter various parasites. I have already pre-determined what parasites give what powers, but it is your choices which will determine which ones we meet, whether you take them into your body and gain said powers, and who among the group gets what parasite. So while I've drawn up the powers themselves, their actual distribution and what powers will appear is left in your hands.

In addition, I'm not opposed to people coming up with powers on their own, but I'd like to start the RPG and get to a further point before I begin laying out my rules of power formation.

EDIT: As a sidenote, I've come up with about 180-some odd powers so far, and intend to create more on my own.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm

So how many players do you need? Cause I've been talking to a few people.
Last edited by Mastermind001 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More Robots

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Burnyourhousedown wrote:EDIT: As a sidenote, I've come up with about 180-some odd powers so far, and intend to create more on my own.

Your dedication shames me.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm

See this is exactly, why I have been talking to others to make sure the the IC becomes a realty.
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm

I'd like to have at least 5 players excluding myself before starting the thread, though people are free to join throughout the RPG (though I will say you cannot have your character join IC if we are on a mission or in a fight). So far, there's you, Khanman, and SuccessorM (Who is my roommate) confirmed.

Bolts is working on a profile.
icbmalaria is working on a profile.
MQuinny said he was working on a profile, though I PM'd him regarding it and never received a response.
Not sure if Asmo said he was joining or not.
Musicmac expressed interest, though I'm not sure what his status is.

Your dedication shames me.

I've been bubbling this idea and expanding on it for about two years now, working on it very intensely in the past few months;

Also, in case you're curious, here's the map that Khanman and I have been working on so far. It still has some coloring, gridding, and a district left to fill in, but I'm still very proud of it as is. There is a color key that will be introduced when the final product is posted.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww29 ... spring.gif

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Moving on to the next question.

How does one gain a demon parasite? Do we have to make a deal, does it, the Fy just invade without consent, or what?
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:55 pm

The Fy needs to be willing to take on the human as its host. The human does not need to be consenting, though it is kind of hard for a Fy to invade a human unless they touch it: Fy cannot move on their own outside of a host body. The main way we'll be getting them is by competing against people who already have these parasites. By defeating hosts in Duels (any form of competition agreed upon by both contestants). If you defeat a host, then their Fy will be expelled from their body, and you, as the victor, may take the Fy as your own to use.

Be warned though, a single human can only possess up to three Fy in their body over a lifetime, and they may only do so one at a time. To mitigate this in part, Fy each give three distinct powers to their host, though these powers function on a sort of leveling mechanic. A person that tries to obtain a fourth Fy will kill both themselves and the parasite in their attempt at doing so.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:12 pm

So even exchanging Fy between comrades we would have to have a duel as well?
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:15 pm

yes you would, though the duel could be as simple as flipping a coin or arm-wrestling where one person intentionally loses. At the same time, I'd advise you not be flippant with ridding yourself of Fy and gaining new ones, since you can only have three total over your life.

Also, when I say have three, I mean you may only go through the process of absorbing a Fy three times. If you get one Fy, exchange it for another, and then re-exchange it for the first one, that also counts as three Fy, as you've now gone through the merging process three times.

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Well there goes that strategy.... Is there going to be a character/ npc that will explain all of what we went over in the rpg?
More Robots

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:20 pm

there are several with this knowledge in Samhain, though I'm reluctant to just have that huge amount of narration adjusted for whatever character quirks that person has so I may just say in narration to go check the OOC for info or something to that effect.

Postby Bolts » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Posted the profile, Burn. Lemme know if anything needs changing.

Postby Musicmac » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 am

Sandwich Maker-2

Dohohohohoho, this completely made my day. :D

As for my earlier interests, rest assured that I already have a character in the works for the game. :3
Listen.

Postby SuccessorM » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:35 pm

Yo!

Finally joined this site the other day, expect my first character profile by Saturday morning.

Postby Burnyourhousedown » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Good to see you onboard SuccessorM.

Also, Bolts, Eddie looks good except I would ask that unless he also had some classes in Demonology you bump that talent down to 2 and put that point elsewhere. I will go ahead and put him in the list of accepted characters.

Also, Musicmac, good to hear from you. I look forward to seeing your profile.

Postby SuccessorM » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Name:Rodger Tinsdale

Birthday: February 28, 1959

Sex: Male

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hometown: Fairfax, Virgina

Clothes: Rodger is normally seen with a button-down, long-sleeve shirt and tie. He also wears slacks and belt, the slacks being of different colors per outfit. For shoes, nondescript brown loafers.

Cool: Similar to his every day clothes, but now wears a sweater jacket over his shirt and tie.

Business: Again, exactly the same as his day clothes, but wears a suit jacket and black dress shoes.

Personality: Rodger is a man who enjoys the simple pleasures in life. He is normally very quiet and loves the company of others, children especially. Despite marine background, he his very easy going and takes a genuine interest in helping others. Though normally leaving those to their own devices, he has a very strong sense of justice and will fight for those who can't for himself.

Relations:

- Nancy Tinsdale, his late wife. Died during childbirth on his final operation, leaving her whereabouts unknown.

- Daughter, Rodger's first-bourn. During her birth, her mother passed, causing her to be lost. Rumored to be in Samhain.

Ambitions: To find his daughter and make amends for lost time, during other good works along the way.

Appearance: Rodger Tinsdale stands 5' 6” in height, and has a skinny but muscular body. Has gray short hair and blue eyes. His face is unimpressive, save for his wrinkled brow and pronounced chin.

Likes: Foreign foods, exotic drinks, exotic fruits/vegetables, coffee, reading, educating children, chairty work, lounge music, preforming puppet shows.

Dislikes: Book burnings, animal cruelty, child cruelty, lack of educational television, Jersey Shore, the whole of MTV

Fears: Rodger fears never getting to know his daughter, though he does feel that she has been safe in recent years. He also has an irrational fear of meeting the entire cast of Jersey Shore.

Trinkets: Carries a small silver pocket watch and several hand puppets for impromptu performances.

Money: 85 dollars

Foraging Skill: 18

Directional Sensibility: 20

Background/Circumstances:

Rodger's background was modest and humble. He took his modest beginnings, and wanted to take any opportunity he could to improve his surroundings. He took active roles in things such as student counsel and volunteer work up until graduating high school. After marrying his high-school sweetheart, Nancy, he took a job in the marines and rose to be one of their best snipers for covert operations.

Though he had often had to spend much time away from his wife, he and Nancy kept the spark going into their relationship, until she conceived their first child well into their marriage. Nancy unfortunately died during childbirth, and due to Rodger being wrapped up in another long staying mission, got cycled to extended family, and eventually of the radar. After returning back to find his family in shambles, Rodger retires from the marines and followed the only lead he could follow towards his daughter. He went of to Samhain.

While there, he subsisted only on money he could get doing odd jobs and street performances, with hopes his daughter may still have access to the family account. His newly found circumstances and his propensity towards charity gave his way to his involvement to the Belltane Foundation and later his acceptance to the Belltane Family.

Powers: (These will appear later.)

Talents:

Graffiti Art- 0
Gamer- 0
Investigative reporting- 0
Encyclopedia Knowledge of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure- 0
Photography- 0
Mythology Reader- 0
Painting- 2
Photoshoping Manic- 0
Mystery Marathon Watcher of current stuff and the past- 0
Sandwich Maker- 0
Cartoon Fan- 0
Sprinting: 3
Carrying loads of objects: 3
Hook, line, and sinker (a form of persuasive speaking Henry coined, meaning the feeling of impending closure a conman makes their mark feel to pressure them into buying.): 0
Boston Accent: 0
Keeping out of jail: 4
Establishing allies: 3
Long-distance running: 3
Trivia in general: 3
Being a curmudgeon: 0
Faking emotions: 0
Reassuring speech: 3
Black Sabbath aficionado: 0
Academic Demonology: 0
Quick hand-writing: 2
Intimidating Appearance: 0
Ability to come up with good ideas for books: 0
Ability to come up with horrible ideas for books: 0
Affable Appearance: 4
Sniper Rifle Proficiency: 4
Pistol Proficiency: 3
Carpentry: 3
Cool-headed under pressure: 4
Survivalist: 3
Break-dancing: 2
Stealth: 3

total so far in use: 49 (8 in Foraging, 6 in Direction Sense, 35 in Talents).
Last edited by SuccessorM on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing