A worry about Bleedman's comic

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: A worry about Bleedman's comic

Postby Imosa » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:24 pm

Lunatic Cyco wrote:I have been seeing post at Deviant Art that After Birth wasn't great at all... I would say my thoughts and opinions, but.... I don't know what to expect from Snafu Users.
The way I see it you should always talk about Afterbirth as if it had never been leaked that way you don't even encourage people to look for it.

Gundam wrote:
CinCire wrote:Neither stories have anything to do with the other. BeeAre has already confirmed this.
Mimi's father is Him, which has been confirmed by Grids.

I'm sorry but ultimately isn't the one to say weither these stories on in the same timeline is Bleedman and not Gridds and Bee.

For the time being I see it as both being in the same timeline.
I'm not sure how much influence Bleedman has, however Grids and BeeAre have a lot of influence, which is why it is appropriate to call them Grids' and BeeAre's stories.

Postby Princess » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:05 pm

Lol yes, let's put it on the same time line but have them end two completely different ways.

Christ, no wonder I avoid this section.

Honestly, the only way I see them connecting now.. is if that giant hour glass is used to connect them.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Gundam » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Imosa wrote:
Lunatic Cyco wrote:I have been seeing post at Deviant Art that After Birth wasn't great at all... I would say my thoughts and opinions, but.... I don't know what to expect from Snafu Users.
The way I see it you should always talk about Afterbirth as if it had never been leaked that way you don't even encourage people to look for it.

Gundam wrote:
CinCire wrote:Neither stories have anything to do with the other. BeeAre has already confirmed this.

I'm sorry but ultimately isn't the one to say weither these stories on in the same timeline is Bleedman and not Gridds and Bee.

I'm not sure how much influence Bleedman has, however Grids and BeeAre have a lot of influence, which is why it is appropriate to call them Grids' and BeeAre's stories.

So your telling me the Man who started both projects wrote and drew most of both has less say over the story than Gridds and Bee. Yeah right.
One weird Snafu

Postby Techh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:59 am

Artists are different from writers. Basically, artists only have a say in what the character looks like, the writer comes up with the story. So yes, they are beeare's and grids' stories, not bleedman's.

*Edit: Mostly their stories. At least, they should.

Also, what is so hard to understand about two stories having the same characters, but different story lines? These stories are just fan fiction! Which means that they are two different stories, just with the same characters! They are not connected in any way, shape or form. Get over it, shut up, have a nice day. Sheesh.

Grids, you really over estimated the intelligence level of your audience.
"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure."
Because obsessive nerd is as obsessive nerd does.

Postby BeeAre » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:45 am

we may dictate what happens in the story, but if there's no artist, there's no comic project, just fyi.

and frankly i'm not sure if he over-estimated his audience's intelligence. as far as i'm concerned his only real audience is himself. pity bleedman can't see that.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Nutmegtalks » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:18 pm

The way I see it, The worlds could be easily interconnected and still turn out allright. PPGD could end way before the events of GT. They are still in elementary school. And, we haven't confirmed that all the characters are gonna die. Just cause the world is in chaos doesn't mean that. These are Mimi's memories and we have to wait to see at what point Him takes her. There's no need to asume that they all die. No matter what has been declared people are still unsure so I say let's wait and see how it turns out. *Shrug* Either way, some will be dissapointed and some will find it interesting. I myself would like them to connect.

Postby Innocence Abandoned » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 pm

:vomit:
this thread

Postby BeeAre » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 am

Innocence Abandoned wrote::vomit:
this thread

haha i see you forgot you're not in spam. don't do this again in this forum please, this thread clearly still has legitimate discussion going on.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Princess » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:14 pm

Techh wrote:Artists are different from writers. Basically, artists only have a say in what the character looks like, the writer comes up with the story. So yes, they are beeare's and grids' stories, not bleedman's.

*Edit: Mostly their stories. At least, they should.

Also, what is so hard to understand about two stories having the same characters, but different story lines? These stories are just fan fiction! Which means that they are two different stories, just with the same characters! They are not connected in any way, shape or form. Get over it, shut up, have a nice day. Sheesh.

Grids, you really over estimated the intelligence level of your audience.

I like you. You're not stupid.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Techh » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Stufflikehearts wrote:I like you. You're not stupid.

Aww. Well thank you Stuff. You just made my day a little.

And BeeAre, I feel the need to apologize for what happened to your story. Apparently, it's hard to enjoy a story, even if they think the ending is ruined. Frankly, I never got that. What good is an ending if you don't know how you got there? Apparently, it's also hard to figure out that they aren't the same story, but hey whatever. I think people will realize this eventually, stop being this brand of stupid, and move on to a different kind. It's what we do as a fan base.
"Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure."
Because obsessive nerd is as obsessive nerd does.

Postby Biostar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:42 am

Nutmegtalks wrote:The way I see it, The worlds could be easily interconnected and still turn out allright. PPGD could end way before the events of GT. They are still in elementary school. And, we haven't confirmed that all the characters are gonna die. Just cause the world is in chaos doesn't mean that. These are Mimi's memories and we have to wait to see at what point Him takes her. There's no need to asume that they all die. No matter what has been declared people are still unsure so I say let's wait and see how it turns out. *Shrug* Either way, some will be dissapointed and some will find it interesting. I myself would like them to connect.

...But they don't want to. Its not gonna happen.

Postby punzil504 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:50 am

Considering that the writers of the story have both point blank stated that Grim Tales and PPGD share characters, but happen in separate alternate universes, doesn't that make arguing about it moot?

If people read any of DC's "Crisis" storylines, (love 'em or hate 'em), they could easily understand how it is possible for multiple versions of the same characters to exist with only subtle differences between them. I mean, honestly, do you think Craig and Genndy had PPGD in mind when they created Blossom, Dexter, and Jack?

Sometimes you get a case of "For Want of a Nail," where something bad happens in one universe and turns it into a crapsack world like the GT version of Megaville. Since the universes are different, BeeAre and Griddles can bounce off of each other and make their stories better... GT can be dark and creepy as one would expect from a comic called GRIM tales, while PPGD can go in the opposite direction.

Keep in mind that there isn't necessarily just one variable (i.e. 'nail') that caused GT to be different from PPGD, that separation is up to the writers.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Nutmegtalks » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 pm

...But they don't want to. Its not gonna happen.

No it's not. I just meant it would be interesting. so I'll enjoy them either way.

Postby Imosa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:07 am

Gundam wrote:

I'm pretty sure we can trust BeeAre. As of right now there are no plans to connect the two stories.

Postby Gundam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 am

Well untill I see otherwise in the comics themselves, They both still reads as if they are still in the same timline with the Natural order being PPGD followed by GTFDB, WEHTM, and GT:AB.

That how I have read for past five years and that is how I'll continue to read it until I'm shown otherwise In the comics.
One weird Snafu

Postby Biostar » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 am

That seems unnecessarily stubborn.

Postby Gundam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Umm I don't think so

I was simply stating my veiw on the topic.
One weird Snafu

Postby Biostar » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 am

Gundam wrote:Umm I don't think so

I was simply stating my veiw on the topic.

It just seems redundant to put content in the comic just to say what the author said to be fact. Its not even pivotal to either plot.

Postby AlcyoneBlack » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:34 am

punzil504 wrote:Considering that the writers of the story have both point blank stated that Grim Tales and PPGD share characters, but happen in separate alternate universes, doesn't that make arguing about it moot?

If people read any of DC's "Crisis" storylines, (love 'em or hate 'em), they could easily understand how it is possible for multiple versions of the same characters to exist with only subtle differences between them. I mean, honestly, do you think Craig and Genndy had PPGD in mind when they created Blossom, Dexter, and Jack?

Sometimes you get a case of "For Want of a Nail," where something bad happens in one universe and turns it into a crapsack world like the GT version of Megaville. Since the universes are different, BeeAre and Griddles can bounce off of each other and make their stories better... GT can be dark and creepy as one would expect from a comic called GRIM tales, while PPGD can go in the opposite direction.

Keep in mind that there isn't necessarily just one variable (i.e. 'nail') that caused GT to be different from PPGD, that separation is up to the writers.

YES! Someone made the big reference! I was hoping someone might because it annoyed me that no one made a reference to one of the most known about multi-dimension examples out there in this discussion to point out that there can be two stories that don't lead up to the same ending. I mean it's common knowledge that it is possible to have two stories in the same universe but on different dimensions. Another example is how Marvel does it as well with the Zombie Universe (ugh that one creeped me out big time) and the whole Spidermans of different dimensions coming together to a big fight (saw it in the Spiderman Animated Series when I was a kid)
I am special and proud of it. Look! See I got my merit badge in special studies...I know how to do it better now.

Postby Whiteleaker » Tue May 21, 2013 8:31 pm

I just want to know what the hell happened to HIM and Blossom's story till they decided to have 'it'. It's kind of irritating to see your fav char with the char you hate. Imagine your fav artist is with the artist who you think suck the most. It's not nice. If there is an acceptable explanation to their relationship, it will make up the story otherwise people will just like 'What The Hell?!' and left. But still, I think Mimi's backstory is kind of too sad; Have a father who cut off her hands; Killed her own mother. Good thing now she is safe with Grim Jr and his family.

And hey, Mimi's father can be Dexter while HIM was just abducting her. It must be one hell of a last stand he put since Mimi was with him during most of the time. I know about hair genes but Dexter can do literally everything. Hair genes must be small to him. Just most times, he miscalculated and ended in failure. Just saying...

And for web coders, I mean literally this web coders, I created an account to join this discussion and there is a question to prove that I'm not a spam bot. It told me to write the last five letters of Snafucomics bakwards <<< Miss the 'c'. I think it's some kind of a trap and write 'WARds' instead of 'SCImo'(It also told me to write the 3 first letters in capital). I don't know if this is the right forum to post it but if you are reading this, please look into this. Thank you...

Postby Tuor » Tue May 21, 2013 8:45 pm

The last post in this thread before yours is from February 1, 2012. Please do not revive threads that are this old. If you want to discuss what is happening in a comic please do so in the latest update thread for that comic.
P.s. the anti bot question is as it is meant to be
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)